Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 59031 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2021, 08:05:19 pm »
Fromola posts really got to him, uh?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2021, 08:09:37 pm »
:lmao

OK I take it back. No player can be expected to put up with that shite
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »
Cant say I blame him. Plenty of stinking c*nts in our 'fanbase' calling him a twat, giving him abuse directly on twitter etc. Dirty rats.

Social media is a vile place, but you’ll get that at whatever club you play for. Moving to PSG doesn’t automatically mean he’ll now never get any sort of abuse on social media.  Seems to be a lot of shite in that article.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2021, 08:13:46 pm »
Fuck our “fans”.
AHA!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2021, 08:18:18 pm »
Fuck our “fans”.

Yeah we really are the worst,known for being shit the world over.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2021, 08:19:15 pm »
Cant say I blame him. Plenty of stinking c*nts in our 'fanbase' calling him a twat, giving him abuse directly on twitter etc. Dirty rats.

That's what Twitter is. Every player gets it (at every club), the bigger the club the worse it'll be.

PSG fans won't go easy on him. Barca would have been even worse if he went there.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2021, 08:20:06 pm »
I'm interested in the Barcelona game - he usually followed instructions to the letter under Klopp so it was strange to see him totally ignore what was given to him in the match and do his own thing. I mean it worked out but still a little odd to read.

probably a load of bollocks to be honest.

We needed goals. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2021, 08:21:26 pm »
:lmao

OK I take it back. No player can be expected to put up with that shite

What have I said about him or any Liverpool player that's out of order?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2021, 08:21:34 pm »
Yeah we really are the worst,known for being shit the world over.
On the other hand, PSG fans are know to be a lovely bunch.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:20 pm »
Turns out they were right.  He is a bit of a twat.  He just waited until he was in his slippers in Paris to reveal the fact.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2021, 08:39:21 pm »
I think it's like carra said, deffo money or contract length  it's a load of shite about the social media part. Just come off social media or put your comments to silent
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2021, 08:47:59 pm »
I think it's like carra said, deffo money or contract length  it's a load of shite about the social media part. Just come off social media or put your comments to silent

I laughed at Carragher’s tweet about it, telling him he should have ignored it, coming from a man who spat at some girl for giving him a bit of shit  ;D  He’s so tone deaf.

But yes, of course it was money, and that’s fine.  But I do love to see a player calling out Twitter ‘fans’. They are a disease, and Liverpool suffer badly from it, as all the big clubs do. But I would also loved it if he’d had also just come out and said that Liverpool didn’t offer him enough too and he thought he was worth more, but no one would do that of course!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2021, 08:52:30 pm »
So all the love you got from a packed Anfield [when it was possible], and your team-mates, your manager, was overshadowed by whatever abuse you got online?

Disappointed by this interview from him.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2021, 08:54:00 pm »
Well he's not wrong that there's bellends on twitter, but I hope he's aware a few poor performances at PSG will result in more than a bit of stick online!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2021, 09:00:50 pm »
To be honest I´ve got no problem with him or anyone else calling out the dick´ed portion of our twitter fanbase. That said it is a slightly strange interview with some bitter undertones - and as others have said the twitter dick´eds are hardly going to disappear now he´s gone to PSG.

I know some people have thinner skins - but it would take more then that interview for him to properly sink in my estimations.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2021, 09:08:15 pm »
I think Carra misses the point somewhat, too. Players shouldn't have to delete Twitter; they should be free to use social media just as anyone else is. But yeah, if Gini thinks PSG fans on Twitter will be any better then good luck to him. This isn't a Liverpool FC problem, it's a Twitter problem. It's a toxic cesspit.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2021, 09:20:54 pm »
Awful interview, so he blames the weird football twitter fans, and says he ignored tactics in the barcelona game to win it for us.

Not a good look for him.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2021, 09:20:58 pm »
Whether it's true or not the Echo surpassed itself by running the story about social media upsetting Gini by using loads of Twitter quotes calling him out.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2021, 09:25:43 pm »
I do wish he would of kept quiet here but I am inclined to agree that he was under appreciated.

Saw plenty of posts on here like ‘what has Gini got to do to get dropped’ etc.

However as many have said above this is not a Liverpool only problem and will be worse if anything at a club like PSG where the ‘fans’ have been spoilt rotten

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2021, 09:26:02 pm »
Gini's fragile ego could not take the mercenary comments from social media ever since he went to PSG instead of Barcelona.

Nice job blaming it on the fans though for his departure. To be honest PSG's plastic fanbase are known to be super lovable, I am sure they will be super mature when he pulls off one of his disappearing acts like he just did in the Euro knockouts.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 09:28:55 pm by JSteve »

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2021, 09:31:05 pm »
He's in for quite a surprise if he thinks the PSG "ultras" are going to be nice to him if he puts in poor performances like he did the last year or so with us. He'll get absolutely slaughtered. I mean they regularly go after Mbappe after a poor performance or two.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2021, 09:40:54 pm »
If he left us because of a small minority of fans giving him abuse then maybe football isn't for him, does he think he's in for an easy ride at PSG? He's either rather fragile or talking absolute shite.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2021, 09:48:48 pm »
I think Carra misses the point somewhat, too. Players shouldn't have to delete Twitter; they should be free to use social media just as anyone else is. But yeah, if Gini thinks PSG fans on Twitter will be any better then good luck to him. This isn't a Liverpool FC problem, it's a Twitter problem. It's a toxic cesspit.

Carragher also said completely the opposite to this when he was sticking up for Jordan Pickford when he was getting absue. He really is so bad at remembering what he’s said in the past!  Twitter is indeed a cesspit, and something needs doing about it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2021, 09:55:07 pm »
I had an awful feeling when he was hinting about giving an interview "to give his side," it would end up like this. Some of his comments were disappointing, we know there are arses on twitter but ignore them. As others have said, it's not going to be any different at PSG either.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2021, 10:13:21 pm »
So he left because of some 14 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter, out of the tens of millions of our supporters on social media?

Nah, I'm not having it.  He's gone down in my estimations with this shite.  Just leave gracefully and quietly, or if you have to speak then admit it's about the money and length of contract.
Yeah, crap comments. He should go down as a club legend for his time here and some of the goals he scored, his name was sung pretty much every game. He will get the same dickheads at PSG.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2021, 10:20:42 pm »
Played well in some big games but also was totally ineffective way too often for me to be heartbroken he's leaving. One of those players that had his reputation boosted because he didn't get injured while all our other midfielders have picked up injuries. Not sure this interview shows him to best effect, racist and sick abuse is one thing but if you're upset by people doubting your commitment or quality you really are in a situation.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2021, 10:23:10 pm »
Let's just hope he can't speak French eh?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2021, 10:43:57 pm »
And all he has to say about the fans in the stadium is "I can't complain."

Really feels like he's trying to give the fanbase a bit of a middle finger here when social media is the same for every club. The interview is completely unnecessary, and he could have at least given it a bit more balance. In general Liverpool fans loved him. Popular chant, cult hero status, one of the most sold shirts I'm sure.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2021, 10:47:06 pm »
Awful interview, so he blames the weird football twitter fans, and says he ignored tactics in the barcelona game to win it for us.

Not a good look for him.

I remember after the game he said he came on angry because he'd been left out the side and used it to fire him up. For me, he only really turned up when he felt like, especially away from home. Plenty of excellent performances, for sure, but he didn't always give his all. You could forgive the quiet games here and there in previous seasons, but his last 6 months for us he may as well have stayed in the dressing room for most of the games, for the effort he put in.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 10:51:24 pm by Fromola »

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2021, 11:42:22 pm »
I love Gini, gutted he was leaving. Think he's a such a consistent performer.

But fuck me that's a bad interview. Could he not have done the diplomatic interview that all players give? Thank the fans, thank teammates, moving on to new challenges etc etc.

I get that some of our fans on Twitter can be idiots, as can fans of every other club. To damage his relationship with the majority of fans who loved and supported him through everything is a really stupid move.

Hope he's happier at PSG, I'm sure he's gone there for the money ultra passionate fans.

Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2021, 12:05:06 am »
Baffled by the interview to be honest. All social media football fans are the same, can't tell them apart. And if you're a bit drunk and in for some more confusing times you even check out their profile page to realise they support Manu and City or Barca and Real Madrid etc. Always thought about Gini as a sound lad, he can't really believe these are the true fans of the club right?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 12:09:47 am by Snusmumriken »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2021, 12:11:22 am »
Unneeded interview because it’s not true. It’s just a convenient excuse.

As if he doesn’t know that social media attracts just some of the worlds greatest simpletons.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2021, 12:20:17 am »
His performances the second half of last season (particularly that losing run) were dreadful.

;D

The End of the World is Nigh.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2021, 12:50:44 am »
Strange comments really. I guess lockdown (and no fans in the ground) made social media feel even more real in plenty of people's eyes and footballers are no different, but he should know better given how universally supported he was in the ground and even in the main on social media, too.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2021, 01:30:44 am »
Genuinely surprised by that. He should know that everyone that matters knew his worth.

Oh well, hope he finds what he desires with the very patient and understanding online PSG supporters, they will defo be way better.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2021, 01:36:43 am »
What have I said about him or any Liverpool player that's out of order?
I was largely just teasing, but:

His performances the second half of last season (particularly that losing run) were dreadful. There were games were he barely completed 10 passes in a game, his stats were awful and we were basically playing with 10 men when we were already missing Hendo and Fabinho in midfield.

You could cut him some slack because he'd been ran into the ground playing every game, but for me he wasn't putting in maximum effort. If you don't do that then you'll get stick. You're paid well enough.

And that's just the tip of an almighty iceberg. You really do let it floe  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:38:41 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2021, 01:37:59 am »
Turns out they were right.  He is a bit of a twat.  He just waited until he was in his slippers in Paris to reveal the fact.

Matter of opinion that really. I'd rather get rid of the pieces of shit that claim to be Liverpool supporters yet abuse the players on here, twitter, Instagram etc than lose players like Gini.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2021, 01:44:16 am »
Matter of opinion that really. I'd rather get rid of the pieces of shit that claim to be Liverpool supporters yet abuse the players on here, twitter, Instagram etc than lose players like Gini.
I agree with you, but still that was a really odd interview and as twattish as those fans are, no one's going to take you seriously if you effectively say that their words drove you to leave a club. I mean what does that say about you?

And also it's like handing the twats a victory. They didn't rate him and their comments did the trick, they got him out, chased him away. They won't be feeling shame after reading that, they'll be doing a victory lap.

When Gini said upon leaving that one day he'd reveal the full story, I expected something about mistreatment by the club management (not Klopp or the coaches, the financial people), broken promises etc. Not this.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2021, 02:14:00 am »
I'm interested in the Barcelona game - he usually followed instructions to the letter under Klopp so it was strange to see him totally ignore what was given to him in the match and do his own thing. I mean it worked out but still a little odd to read.

It almost sounds like he is bigging up his role to imply Liverpool wouldn't have won #6 if he hadn't defied "orders".  I'm pretty sure that's not how Klopp operates, but I'm equally sure that Gini knows that Klopp isn't the kind of guy to challenge somebody in the media over their retelling of an accomplishment.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art