Author Topic: The Strand - will it ever be finished?  (Read 12344 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Strand - will it ever be finished?
« Reply #120 on: October 5, 2021, 11:16:25 pm »
Yes. We are experts at shooting ourselves in the foot.

Exactly, mate. Dont they have people vetting the financial state of these companies before handing out contracts? How were these obvious red flags missed?

I hope the plan gets abandoned and redesigned. Closing up and narrowing roads isn't what the city needs. Connectivity? The roads in the city centre are about as connected as a bag of pretzels smashed up with a rolling pin.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #121 on: October 6, 2021, 05:33:37 am »
As a city, Liverpool is piss poor at managing its council backed infrastructure projects, fucking comical. I am amazed that there is no contracts or commercial department overseeing bid and tender processes if they are, fuck them off immediately. Liverpool City Council could avoid this current mess and the many other contractual project failures within the city if these idiots used performance bonds.

The obligation for the contractor to provide the council with a bond should be set out in the tender documents. The choice of bondsman and terms concerning cost falls entirely to the contractor who secures it before the start of work. From a Liverpool council viewpoint, it is wise to stipulate that the bond stays in place until the final certificate is issued for the defects liability period.

Bonds can be issued either by an insurance company or by a bank, the cost of the bond borne by the contractor (this is likely to be reflected in the contractor's tender price). The bond cost would give the council a good guide as to the creditworthiness and reputation of the contractor in the bond market, which will view each contractor differently in respect of its history, management and financial health.

Strictly speaking, the bond is a guarantee and, as such, is a contingent liability regarding the contractor's balance sheet. A smaller contractor might face a limit on how many bonds it can take out.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #122 on: October 6, 2021, 12:21:33 pm »
Wasn't the Council granting and management of infrastructure projects one of the Strands of the recent investigation?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: October 6, 2021, 12:32:40 pm »
Wasn't the Council granting and management of infrastructure projects one of the Strands of the recent investigation?

Yeah I think this is yet another hangover from the previous corrupt inept council.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: October 6, 2021, 09:53:47 pm »
As a city, Liverpool is piss poor at managing its council backed infrastructure projects, fucking comical. I am amazed that there is no contracts or commercial department overseeing bid and tender processes if they are, fuck them off immediately. Liverpool City Council could avoid this current mess and the many other contractual project failures within the city if these idiots used performance bonds.

The obligation for the contractor to provide the council with a bond should be set out in the tender documents. The choice of bondsman and terms concerning cost falls entirely to the contractor who secures it before the start of work. From a Liverpool council viewpoint, it is wise to stipulate that the bond stays in place until the final certificate is issued for the defects liability period.

Bonds can be issued either by an insurance company or by a bank, the cost of the bond borne by the contractor (this is likely to be reflected in the contractor's tender price). The bond cost would give the council a good guide as to the creditworthiness and reputation of the contractor in the bond market, which will view each contractor differently in respect of its history, management and financial health.

Strictly speaking, the bond is a guarantee and, as such, is a contingent liability regarding the contractor's balance sheet. A smaller contractor might face a limit on how many bonds it can take out.
don’t worry we have elected a mayor who has been bankrupt twice, second time in 2019. You couldn’t make it up

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #125 on: October 7, 2021, 04:24:57 am »
don’t worry we have elected a mayor who has been bankrupt twice, second time in 2019. You couldn’t make it up

Piss poor, really piss poor... how the city is meant to attract decent inward investment, I will never know.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #126 on: October 7, 2021, 07:43:56 am »
Updated..use the app.

New details outline council concerns about Lime Street contractor

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-details-show-council-concerns-21784925#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

"A senior council officer has also revealed that mechanisms that could have helped protect the local authority financially were not placed in the original contracts signed with NMCN."

Nobody accountable seems to be the buzzwords of LCC.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #127 on: October 7, 2021, 08:11:51 am »
Updated..use the app.

New details outline council concerns about Lime Street contractor

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-details-show-council-concerns-21784925#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

"A senior council officer has also revealed that mechanisms that could have helped protect the local authority financially were not placed in the original contracts signed with NMCN."

Nobody accountable seems to be the buzzwords of LCC.

What did I say above? Performance Bonds: always!! Useless fuckers. I am fucking tired of hearing how it's the best city in the world etc., it's not the best run city in the world, and it's certainly not the best-managed city in the UK.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2021, 08:16:29 am by kopite321 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: October 7, 2021, 10:59:38 am »
What did I say above? Performance Bonds: always!! Useless fuckers. I am fucking tired of hearing how it's the best city in the world etc., it's not the best run city in the world, and it's certainly not the best-managed city in the UK.

Don’t think anyone has ever said it’s the best run city in the world or the UK.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 7, 2021, 11:47:30 am »
Its not even the best run city in  the North West.
Until better candidates stand for political office then we are stuck with the incompetence and downright corruption we have had for many, many years, I have met two of our newer MPs and jesus they were piss poor and thick as fuck, this is the standard of candidate we get. They are all slogans, fuck the tories and thats about it.

I know the Anderson family well (our new major) who are a big family from the Childwall/Netherley area and they have always been politically aware and active, its not great that she has been bankrupt twice but the turnout for the majoral elections was abysmal (<30%?) so winning as a Labour candidate in Liverpool was piss easy, red rosette on a pig and all that.
Maybe being run as a tory vassal state may get decent people to stand, I would have liked to see how Stephen Yip would have worked but alas Labour win despite all the shit they have directly caused to this city, pretty depressing stuff.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #130 on: October 7, 2021, 11:55:35 am »
Don’t think anyone has ever said it’s the best run city in the world or the UK.

It should be, and it can be if the people in power know how to get the best out of a great city, it has everything going for it...except the politicians tasked with delivering a vision for the city.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: October 7, 2021, 11:58:28 am »
It should be, and it can be if the people in power know how to get the best out of a great city, it has everything going for it...except the politicians tasked with delivering a vision for the city.

The politicians which are responsible for all this have been fucked off, you know that right?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 7, 2021, 12:23:56 pm »
The politicians which are responsible for all this have been fucked off, you know that right?
All of them ? What about the non-politicians ? There are many unelected members of the council who have had theirs noses in the trough for years.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: October 7, 2021, 12:25:48 pm »
All of them ? What about the non-politicians ? There are many unelected members of the council who have had theirs noses in the trough for years.

I expect if they haven't been weeded out yet then they will be given the amount of scrutiny currently going on there.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 7, 2021, 12:55:47 pm »
I wish I could have your faith but one thing Liverpool council is experienced at is covering up corruption.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #135 on: October 7, 2021, 01:30:05 pm »
I wish I could have your faith but one thing Liverpool council is experienced at is covering up corruption.

The council are no longer the ones in control to be able to cover things up though.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #136 on: October 7, 2021, 02:43:50 pm »
Its not even the best run city in  the North West.
Until better candidates stand for political office then we are stuck with the incompetence and downright corruption we have had for many, many years, I have met two of our newer MPs and jesus they were piss poor and thick as fuck, this is the standard of candidate we get. They are all slogans, fuck the tories and thats about it.

I know the Anderson family well (our new major) who are a big family from the Childwall/Netherley area and they have always been politically aware and active, its not great that she has been bankrupt twice but the turnout for the majoral elections was abysmal (<30%?) so winning as a Labour candidate in Liverpool was piss easy, red rosette on a pig and all that.
Maybe being run as a tory vassal state may get decent people to stand, I would have liked to see how Stephen Yip would have worked but alas Labour win despite all the shit they have directly caused to this city, pretty depressing stuff.

spot on...have a look through the councillor list...It's basically the same crowd who were happy enough to ride the gravy train when chippy tits was in the engine room.....happy to keep schtum until it all went tits up, and then they miraculously found a voice ...Anderson was this, he was that, we knew what was going on blah blah ...yeah?...well why didn't you fookin say something then, when it mattered...instead of trying to salvage your political skins now?....the word incompetence still runs through the council like a bar of rock....shocking to think these characters are responsible for the well being of the city
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.