Author Topic: Taskmaster  (Read 27200 times)

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Taskmaster
« Reply #80 on: May 3, 2021, 11:51:56 pm »
WTF was that discussion about tap water in the last episode.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 8, 2021, 12:57:01 pm »
Wozniak is so brilliant in this - he’d be great in Would I Lie To You or something. Completely in love with Charlotte too, she’s so adorable

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #82 on: May 8, 2021, 01:00:00 pm »
Wozniak is so brilliant in this - he’d be great in Would I Lie To You or something. Completely in love with Charlotte too, she’s so adorable
Agre… he’s just very different isn’t he?

Charlotte is very funny in an unexpected kind of way though…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 8, 2021, 06:53:38 pm »
He is.

Charlotte isn't great at these tasks but she tries.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2021, 09:09:27 pm »
So, uh, Mike Wozniak's new hair :lmao

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2021, 09:09:45 pm »
Give Mike Wozniak all the points.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2021, 09:14:29 pm »
I really want Mike to win, just so we get a chance to see him back in a future champion of champions series.  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2021, 09:21:22 pm »
:lmao

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2021, 09:51:04 pm »
Mike falling in the bunker :lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2021, 09:53:14 pm »
Comedy gold…
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2021, 09:59:47 pm »
Disappointed Sarah won, thought she was worst of the lot but thought it was a good series on the whole

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2021, 10:01:35 pm »
Can't say I'm overly excited about the line up for the next series either

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2021, 10:01:51 pm »
Disappointed Sarah won, thought she was worst of the lot but thought it was a good series on the whole

Yeah, thought the same as last series - the least entertaining person won (though I generally like Richard Herring he was taking it too seriously to be funny).

Alan Davies and Victoria Coren Mitchell on next series (plus some other I missed).

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2021, 10:02:50 pm »
Can't stand Alan Davies.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2021, 10:03:30 pm »
Alan Davies is a bellend

Victoria Coren Mitchell should be a good watch. I dont think I've heard of the others

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2021, 10:04:10 pm »
That’s a shit line up. Just chuck the budget at Mortimer
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2021, 10:11:36 pm »
Wozniak was brilliant this series, genuinely laugh out loud funny.  Charlotte was excellent too, a prime victim of Greg’s ridicule.

W

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2021, 10:34:17 pm »
That’s a shit line up. Just chuck the budget at Mortimer

He's already been on it and was as good as anyone thought he would be
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2021, 10:40:14 pm »
He's already been on it and was as good as anyone thought he would be

I'd be happy to have him on every series to be honest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2021, 08:13:38 am »
Alan Davies is a cnut...remember seeing him on The Neptune theatre when he was being touted by the Guardian/Time Out et al as the next big thing in stand-up...the place was packed despite the fact that he'd yet to appear on TV...it was genuinely, toe-curlingly awful...the crowd realized he was overhyped shit after about 15 mins and every little tedious jarg-surreal anecdote and sub-Izzard flight of fancy from then on died on its arse and he visibly shrank like a salted snail ...there's nothing more excruciating than a terrible comedy gig so I (like numerous others) fucked off over the road to The Hanover......years later when he had that much publicized Tory rant about Liverpool and Scousers I understood why...he'd obviously never got over that night..

Anyway....I hope Greg bullies fuck out of him....gobshite
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2021, 08:32:20 pm »
Brilliant ;D

Alan Davies is a bellend

Victoria Coren Mitchell should be a good watch. I dont think I've heard of the others
Yep worth watching for Coren Mitchell. She's very intelligent.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2021, 09:53:09 am »
New series starts 23rd.

In the mean time, I advise anyone that loves this show to go watch the New Zealand version on youtube. Series 1 is good and gets you used to the different style of Jeremy Wells (Taskmaster) and Paul Williams (Assistant), then series 2 is incredible. Up there with the best UK series.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2021, 10:13:24 am »
New series starts 23rd.

In the mean time, I advise anyone that loves this show to go watch the New Zealand version on youtube. Series 1 is good and gets you used to the different style of Jeremy Wells (Taskmaster) and Paul Williams (Assistant), then series 2 is incredible. Up there with the best UK series.

I believe theres a new champion of champions coming soon as well but this is only a one off show this time.

Thanks for the heads up about New Zealand will give it a look.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2021, 09:06:47 am »
Returns this Thursday. The contestants don't overly excite me, but the show will remain great as always I'm sure.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2021, 02:01:51 pm »
Having seen Victoria Coren Mitchell's hair on Only Connect the other day, II reckon that has to be Taskmaster related.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2021, 02:08:09 pm »
it didnt suit her at all, and shes a very attractive woman

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2021, 02:44:37 pm »
Having seen Victoria Coren Mitchell's hair on Only Connect the other day, II reckon that has to be Taskmaster related.

That was a wig surely? Wonder what she has done.  :o

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2021, 09:35:03 pm »
Why the hell are they bleeping all the swearing out after the watershed?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2021, 09:45:02 pm »
Yeah its annoying isn't it?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2021, 10:03:08 pm »
Feel they must have aired the wrong version of the episode re the swearing.

Good fun though as ever.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2021, 10:07:50 pm »
I did enjoy Desiree saying she could have chosen the scissors but that's not the game ;D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2021, 10:15:57 pm »
The directors said on Twitter they aired the wrong version! Whoops.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2021, 09:20:20 pm »
Morgana is very funny.

The swearing version better be back on next week.

Notice the Tory message at the end

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2021, 02:48:45 pm »
New series starts 23rd.

Been watching this ... thanks for the advice. I've no idea who any of these people are, but the show is really funny. Worth watching.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2021, 03:56:04 pm »
Been watching this ... thanks for the advice. I've no idea who any of these people are, but the show is really funny. Worth watching.

To be honest, I only know who about half the people on the UK shows are.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #115 on: October 5, 2021, 12:20:54 pm »

You get a feel of them really quick in Taskmaster which is good. Can't see the show lasting that long over there, they don't have enough comedians!

The new Uk series is going well, Guz Khan is my pick of the lot so far.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #116 on: October 5, 2021, 12:28:31 pm »
The New Zealand series seems to have suddenly vanished from Youtube in the last couple of days. I've had to resort to the Norwegian series with subtitles which is OK, but some of the jokes are either culturally specific or lost in translation.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #117 on: October 5, 2021, 12:34:48 pm »
The New Zealand series seems to have suddenly vanished from Youtube in the last couple of days. I've had to resort to the Norwegian series with subtitles which is OK, but some of the jokes are either culturally specific or lost in translation.

Looks like they are all on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81m2zf

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #118 on: October 5, 2021, 12:35:54 pm »
Looks like they are all on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81m2zf

thanks - I'll have a look there

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #119 on: October 5, 2021, 12:42:21 pm »
You get a feel of them really quick in Taskmaster which is good. Can't see the show lasting that long over there, they don't have enough comedians!

The new Uk series is going well, Guz Khan is my pick of the lot so far.

Yeah ive enjoyed the first two episodes, think Morgana is really good value too.