Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 166320 times)

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #160 on: December 2, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
Geo-blocked :(

Install free hola! Chromium add on.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 2, 2020, 06:55:42 pm »
Right at him Roy but certain keepers (ok let’s not name them but hey, two obvious examples on Merseyside) who’d flap at that or put it right back at Huntelaar’s feet. Kelleher didn’t have to move but his technique in parrying that strongly and safely behind was notable.

There was a line in the piece quoted earlier by El_Pelusa_10 that sticks out for me as being relevant here:
“He used to say it to us that he could read a striker going through because he was so good at scoring goals himself that he nearly knew where they were going to put it as such.

The header was straight at him because he was in the right position. The "two obvious examples" would probably have rushed out to challenge Huntelaar for the ball and missed it altogether.

Those spectacular dives across the box to knock it behind with your fingertips are what you have to rely on when you don't have great positional awareness. Kelleher has clearly been learning a lot from working alongside Alisson about the art of making great saves look easy. Great wrist strength too. It's brilliant.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #162 on: December 2, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »
He was great. Though the save he pushed out to Neres could have been a disaster.
It was still parried to the side though...which created the angle which caused Neres to miss

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 2, 2020, 11:38:20 pm »
So, does he start against Wolves on Sunday?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 2, 2020, 11:47:56 pm »
Yesh

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #165 on: December 3, 2020, 12:47:40 am »
What it is, is, he just got rid at the slightest sign of danger without any hint of that mignolet adrian hesitation.  ;D  The minute things got dicey he hoofed it long for a nice 50-50.

We now think he is the greatest goalie weve seen in these parts since Allison excepted in years. Because he is he aint got that hitch in his step its a revelation!!!! .

Thats it, 3 good stops he should make and no hitch in his step. Plus hes not migs adrian or karius. I fucking LUV this guy.

actually i said a long time ago, hes pretty tall and looks really quick in training. Be great if he steps up that was a good debut all right.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Camomile Kelleher
« Reply #166 on: December 3, 2020, 12:51:30 am »
Is he ahead of Adrian now?

I'd say so.

"I really think Adrian has done a fantastic job for us but we needed the natural football playing ability of Caoimhin Kelleher. He is a good shot-stopper as well.

"We made that decision but you never know how they are going to cope. I am really happy with how calm he was and how good he was."
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #167 on: December 3, 2020, 04:02:21 pm »
To confuse things further, in the north, we pronounce that ‘Keeva.’ The more common spelling is probably Caoimhe. I know of Anglo Irish people who spell it as Kiva.
That's very interesting. I wonder how this type of pronunciation originated from. Can totally picture back in the Middle Ages someone like Olenna Tyrell in GoT being all "Tis a quainter sounding nickname for a lady, my dear, it shalt elevate thy charm to thy people" to someone called Caoimhe, and the pronunciation just stuck..

Anyway, happy for the lad. Always nice to see our youngsters do well. He'll have opposition strikers Caoimhin in their boots..

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 3, 2020, 11:59:06 pm »
Random question for the lovely people that explained Kevin name origin, how is Malin (as in Malin Head) pronounced?
Thanks much
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #169 on: December 4, 2020, 03:22:29 am »
Random question for the lovely people that explained Kevin name origin, how is Malin (as in Malin Head) pronounced?
Thanks much
Mal as in ‘malady’, in as in in, with the emphasis on the first syllable.

Reverse the first two syllables of Lin-Ma-nuel Miranda and you’re there.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 4, 2020, 05:12:41 am »
Mal as in ‘malady’, in as in in, with the emphasis on the first syllable.

Reverse the first two syllables of Lin-Ma-nuel Miranda and you’re there.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Cheers!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 4, 2020, 06:58:08 am »
Has to be our second choice keeper. Adrian never convinces me.
Believer

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #172 on: December 4, 2020, 10:13:52 am »
So, does he start against Wolves on Sunday?

Don’t think that’s guaranteed like most think

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 4, 2020, 12:21:46 pm »
If anything, I'd say the lack of Jimenez up front makes it more likely that Kelleher starts.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 4, 2020, 12:55:30 pm »
He suits our style more than Adrian, who has awful distribution and most all of his errors are because of that

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 4, 2020, 12:57:53 pm »
Klopp almost confirmed Kelleher will start against Wolves if nothing happens with training and other things in between.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #176 on: December 4, 2020, 01:40:14 pm »
Kloppo talking about Kelleher (and Adrian) in his PC today:

“Caoimhin is a sensationally talented goalie. And for goalies it’s really difficult, goalies have to wait. They can be exceptional but they have to wait for their chance because there’s only one goalie on the pitch and if this goalie plays for 10 years in a row, it’s pretty difficult. You can be still a wonderful goalie and nobody will see.

“Now he got the chance and I think he convinced everybody. He didn’t have to convince us, obviously – we thought it will be like this. But he convinced everybody, that’s good.

“But Adrian doesn’t deserve just to be written off now, there’s no reason for that. He supported Caoimhin in an exceptional way. After he got the information that he would not start, he behaved unbelievably. Really, really a lot of respect for that. He expected it actually, but anyway a lot of respect for it.

“And Caoimhin did well. So, there are not a lot of reasons I could mention in this moment to say he will not start against Wolves, but there is training in between and other things, he has to stay fit, we have sessions. All this kind of stuff.

“But he has done enough to convince me, but he did that already months and years ago. Sometimes you have wait for the right moment and we thought the right moment came on Tuesday.”

more here

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #177 on: December 4, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »
Going off Klopps presser, he should start on Sunday, don't think Klopp wanted to confirm it, but he more or less did!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: December 4, 2020, 04:27:36 pm »
Just watched the Klopp Wolves press conference. Think someone needs to explain to him what a queef is - that can’t be the best pronunciation of Caoimhins name 😂

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #179 on: December 4, 2020, 04:44:54 pm »
It would be great to see him get a couple more games under his belt to see how he performs.
#JFT97

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 4, 2020, 04:59:44 pm »
Well he's got Wolves and Midgetland and after that Ali's back for Fulham... we hope.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2020, 05:02:08 pm »
Would be very surprised if it's not Kelleher vs Wolves, but then fully expect Adrian to be rewarded with the dead rubber vs Midtjylland. Possibly his last game for us.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 5, 2020, 11:00:28 am »
It was still parried to the side though...which created the angle which caused Neres to miss

good spot - plus he was up quickly, so Neres had to go near post with his left foot.

I like what we saw on Wed.
Lets hope that he gets a few more games covering  for  ALisson

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #183 on: December 5, 2020, 03:19:52 pm »
Me neither and I watched all the commentary, analysis and interviews. I think everyone says it as quick as they can so they don't get caught mispronouncing it.

Sounds like "Kweem".

I live in Belfast and around here we'd pronounce it more like "Quee-veen". Although we might be pronouncing it differently to folk from Cork though, I'm not too sure.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2020, 05:07:27 pm »
Going off Klopps presser, he should start on Sunday, don't think Klopp wanted to confirm it, but he more or less did!

hope he gets the nod if Alisson's not back

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2020, 08:25:10 pm »
I live in Belfast and around here we'd pronounce it more like "Quee-veen". Although we might be pronouncing it differently to folk from Cork though, I'm not too sure.
It's just dialect. I've always pronounced it "key-vin", same as I'd always pronounced my nieces name Caoimhe "Key-va".

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #186 on: December 5, 2020, 08:29:08 pm »
The lad himself has said how his name is pronounced. Why don't we just go with that?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 5, 2020, 08:31:46 pm »
The lad himself has said how his name is pronounced. Why don't we just go with that?
Duh, it’s obvious that we know better, he’s a young lad, what does he know?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 5, 2020, 08:32:38 pm »
Let's just call him "Irish Kid".  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 5, 2020, 09:14:07 pm »

Not sure I trust the source.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2020, 09:34:49 pm »
its pronounced queeve-een  as someone rightly posted above. its irish for Kevin

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 5, 2020, 09:50:05 pm »
This is going to turn into the new cup tied if we kweep it up.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #192 on: December 5, 2020, 09:50:18 pm »
Bob
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #193 on: December 5, 2020, 10:04:30 pm »
its pronounced queeve-een  as someone rightly posted above. its irish for Kevin

posted days ago right after the match (and probably multiple times last season when he played), yet still it isn’t believed for some reason.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #194 on: December 6, 2020, 01:46:22 am »
Someone should make this into a "Kweeve"

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Turbit

• Main Stander
  • perch me.
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2020, 02:21:34 am »
It's queeve-een in my neck of the woods. But this thread reminds me of a time when going to a game in Portsmouth. Had a fight with a taxi driver that kicked me out of the cab because I would not call the Connaught Arms the 'Con-no' arms (its Con-oct). We won with an injury-time goal from Torres..so feck him. Think we started N'gog that day. Would he get into our front 4?. Times have changed.

P.s. My son's name is Conchobhar....pronounce that!

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2020, 05:26:29 am »

Alan?

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: December 6, 2020, 07:22:09 am »
Same as

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 6, 2020, 03:40:23 pm »
It's queeve-een in my neck of the woods. But this thread reminds me of a time when going to a game in Portsmouth. Had a fight with a taxi driver that kicked me out of the cab because I would not call the Connaught Arms the 'Con-no' arms (its Con-oct). We won with an injury-time goal from Torres..so feck him. Think we started N'gog that day. Would he get into our front 4?. Times have changed.

;D ;D ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #199 on: December 6, 2020, 03:44:41 pm »
Is that the one that sounds a bit like Chopper?

8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D