Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454813 times)

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64280 on: November 23, 2021, 08:15:07 am »
If you show Covid symptoms is a LFT result accurate?

If it shows positive you've almost certainly got it. Best go for a PCR if you've got symptoms though.
Last week the wife's LFT was positive, mine was negative but we both had positive PCRs
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:17:44 am by dikwad »

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64281 on: November 23, 2021, 08:37:24 am »

LFTs are quite accurate, however PCR is recommended for those showing symptoms

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64282 on: November 23, 2021, 08:49:14 am »
Covid patients in ICU now almost all unvaccinated, says Oxford scientist

Exclusive: Prof Sir Andrew Pollard says most of those infected who are fully vaccinated will experience only mild symptoms

Covid-19 is no longer a disease of the vaccinated, the head of the Oxford jab programme has said.

The “ongoing horror” of patients gasping for breath in hospital is now “largely restricted” to people who are unvaccinated, according to Prof Sir Andrew Pollard.

Even though the more transmissible Delta variant continues to infect thousands, most of those who are fully vaccinated will experience only “mild infections” that are “little more than an unpleasant inconvenience”.

Writing for the Guardian, Pollard said: “Among the general public, the pandemic is still regarded as a silent pestilence, made visible in the images of patients fighting for their next breath … This ongoing horror, which is taking place across ICUs in Britain, is now largely restricted to unvaccinated people.

“Generally, Covid-19 is no longer a disease of the vaccinated; vaccines tend to limit its suffocating affliction, with a few exceptions.”

Scientists are hopeful that the booster jabs rollout and immunity from the summertime spread of the Delta variant should help the UK escape the surge in infections seen in parts of Europe.

The UK, which saw measures eased in the summer and has higher vaccination levels than some European countries, will probably not be hit as hard, Pollard said. “In countries with lower vaccination rates, the impact of the current wave in hospital ICUs will be far worse than in Britain.”

However, Pollard, one of those behind the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, said Covid would still pile pressure on the NHS this winter – with unvaccinated patients requiring intensive care and double-jabbed patients who are older and frail still at risk of “life-threatening” health issues.

“The latest wave of the virus in the UK, which is now rising rapidly in parts of Europe, will directly translate into a stream of mostly unvaccinated patients entering ICU,” he said in the article jointly authored with Prof Brian Angus, professor of infectious disease at the University of Oxford. “To prevent serious illness, these people need first and second doses of the vaccine as soon as possible.

“For those of us fortunate enough to have already been vaccinated, the story now seems very different. For most vaccinated individuals, these mild infections are little more than an unpleasant inconvenience.”

But for those who are very frail, immunocompromised or have underlying health conditions, Pollard and Angus said, Covid infections can still be “enough to destabilise them” and cause “serious, life-threatening health problems that add to the pressure on the NHS”.

Prof Peter Openshaw, of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), told BBC Breakfast on Monday he was pleased that the UK could currently avoid measures being introduced in Europe.

However, he added: “I am concerned that we do have really quite high levels of transmission in the UK. My personal preference would be that we should really try to get these rates down – we know that masks do work … because there are people who are unvaccinated for various reasons, and we do need to try and reduce the level of circulation of the virus, as well as getting up vaccination rates.

“No single measure by itself is going to be successful; we need the combination of measures, which includes re-vaccination, third doses, but also wearing masks and being very careful not to transmit the virus.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/23/covid-patients-in-icu-now-almost-all-unvaccinated-says-oxford-scientist

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64283 on: November 23, 2021, 08:59:27 am »

Welshred always said go get a PCR if you have symptoms. My lad returned two negative LFT's while showing symptoms, the second was the day before he tested positive on a PCR.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64284 on: November 23, 2021, 09:02:16 am »

Exclusive: Prof Sir Andrew Pollard says most of those infected who are fully vaccinated will experience only mild symptoms

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/23/covid-patients-in-icu-now-almost-all-unvaccinated-says-oxford-scientist

There are thousands of steel containers sat around the UK that they cannot get back to ports to return to China, lets repurpose those as wards for the unvaccinated who chose not to get the vaccine, freeing up hospitals for those who need them. After all, they'll recover as they are so hard.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64285 on: November 23, 2021, 09:07:57 am »
Found out on Sunday that a relative has passed away in hospital with Covid. He was unvaccinated as his conspiracy theorist brother had convinced him that the vaccines were not fit for purpose. He did however wear a mask frequently and in every place he was advised to. He wasn’t exactly at peak health but he wasn’t particularly unhealthy either, and was no older than 60.

The stuff his brother shouts about on Facebook (I’ve seen posts but I’m not connected with him) is real next level conspiracy bullshit (chemtrails, NWO etc) and in this case it’s played a massive part in the death of his brother.

Really, really sad. He was a genuinely good man and probably the most happy-go-lucky person I’ve ever met.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64286 on: November 23, 2021, 09:18:12 am »
Found out on Sunday that a relative has passed away in hospital with Covid. He was unvaccinated as his conspiracy theorist brother had convinced him that the vaccines were not fit for purpose. He did however wear a mask frequently and in every place he was advised to. He wasn’t exactly at peak health but he wasn’t particularly unhealthy either, and was no older than 60.

The stuff his brother shouts about on Facebook (I’ve seen posts but I’m not connected with him) is real next level conspiracy bullshit (chemtrails, NWO etc) and in this case it’s played a massive part in the death of his brother.

Really, really sad. He was a genuinely good man and probably the most happy-go-lucky person I’ve ever met.

I used to have a boss like that, he was a very very clever man, but an absolute fucking loon with all the chemtrail, mobile phone shit. I used to sit in mettings trying not to fucking burst as I struggled to keep my laughter in as he went on about it all. Its shocking that lunacy of that level has led to his brothers death.

Awful that your relative has had to be the one to pay the price.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64287 on: November 23, 2021, 09:33:33 am »
Is it theoretically possible to engineer a highly contagious but relatively harmless variant? I'm sure they are working on it.  That'll get the anti vaxxers popping their masks on to avoid the microchipped virus.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64288 on: November 23, 2021, 09:39:55 am »
Bit annoying that a good friend of mine won’t get the vaccine.

His point is that he isn’t anti-vax because he’ll have any other vaccine (which is true as far as I’m aware as I’ve been abroad with him to places requiring vaccinations and he has had the relevant jabs to stay safe in those places).

His point is that he’s already had Covid so has some protection anyway and has personally seen several people get quite ill as a result of the vaccine, or end up with massive lumps on their arms as a result of it and for that reason it appears unsafe or untested to him because you don’t see it with other vaccines. I’ve tried making the point that if you rolled out the flu vaccine to absolutely everyone (or publicised cases where there are bad reactions to it) that you’d probably see similar levels but it falls on death ears.

The irony being that I’ve personally done a tonne of drugs with this guy which we’ve bought from random people so it seems bizarre to me to suddenly become concerned about an NHS approved vaccine.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:41:28 am by Jm55 »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64289 on: November 23, 2021, 10:01:55 am »
See Germany are contemplating compulsory vaccination also.

As an aside read the below - is it hopeful or wishful thinking?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-new-research-suggests-delta-strain-drove-itself-to-extinction-in-japan/Q37746Q7NJS3W4XXTQYC4BGDOA/

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64290 on: November 23, 2021, 10:05:07 am »
The irony being that I’ve personally done a tonne of drugs with this guy which we’ve bought from random people so it seems bizarre to me to suddenly become concerned about an NHS approved vaccine.

Seems to be quite a common trait with anti-vaxxers. Happy to pump drugs from an unknown source into their body but not a clinically trialed vax.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64291 on: November 23, 2021, 10:06:28 am »

A very familiar tale this.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64292 on: November 23, 2021, 10:23:03 am »
Seems to be quite a common trait with anti-vaxxers. Happy to pump drugs from an unknown source into their body but not a clinically trialed vax.

One I know smokes ffs :butt

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64293 on: November 23, 2021, 10:42:36 am »

I've got a friend who's 14 year old son is usually first cab off the rank for any new experimental drug to treat/cure his Cystic Fibrosis, yet she won't take a jab that's been administered 7b times.

As I mentioned to another friend when discussing this I said 'peoples interest in anything is always stronger when they're looking for a cure over prevention'.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64294 on: November 23, 2021, 11:04:57 am »

Tragic stuff. I'm really sorry to hear that.

These Facebook scientists have so much blood on their hands.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64295 on: November 23, 2021, 11:36:07 am »

I took two LFT's which said I was positive and I was.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64296 on: November 23, 2021, 11:37:47 am »

That is so tragic, it's why all this misinformation makes me so angry when people spread shite around. Sympathy to you.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64297 on: November 23, 2021, 12:41:42 pm »
Return to WFH in Northern Ireland it appears

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59382390

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64298 on: November 23, 2021, 12:49:58 pm »
Already had a letter come through for a booster, wasn't expecting it. Booked it for Saturday anyway, do they give the same one as before? AZ in my case

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64299 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:49 pm »
Already had a letter come through for a booster, wasn't expecting it. Booked it for Saturday anyway, do they give the same one as before? AZ in my case

I had AZ for first two then they gave me Pfzier for the booster. Same for my parents so I assume they mix it up.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64300 on: November 23, 2021, 12:53:22 pm »
One I know smokes ffs :butt

There are extensive clinical trials with nicotine. Not pleasant results, mind you, but there's extensive evidence out there.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64301 on: November 23, 2021, 01:01:54 pm »
I had AZ for first two then they gave me Pfzier for the booster. Same for my parents so I assume they mix it up.

I think all boosters are either Pfizer or Moderna, usually Pfizer as that is what we have most stock of, the mRNA vaccines seem more effective as boosters than either AZ or J&J from the data I have seen.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 01:04:30 pm by filopastry »

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64302 on: November 23, 2021, 01:02:20 pm »

Unless there is a genuine reason why people can't get vaccinated, then they should charge those for taking valuable resources from the hospital through their conspiracy or negligence

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64303 on: November 23, 2021, 01:04:56 pm »

We're all getting Pfizer or Moderna. My stepdad is 80 and had 2 x AZ but Pfizer as his booster,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:26:36 pm by rob1966 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64304 on: November 23, 2021, 01:07:26 pm »
There are extensive clinical trials with nicotine. Not pleasant results, mind you, but there's extensive evidence out there.

5 Marlborough Men dying from smoking related illness by 2014 should have been a red flag..................

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64305 on: November 23, 2021, 01:47:30 pm »
That is so tragic, it's why all this misinformation makes me so angry when people spread shite around. Sympathy to you.  :(

Even some of the formerly sane commentators on this on social media seem to have been seduced by the uptick in clicks they get from publishing more vaccine critical (and mainstream research critical) pieces.

If you look at Dr John Campbell on Youtube these days you get pieces pushing Ivermectin as something that is still relevant, and lots of helpfully titled videos like "Spontaneous abortion after vaccine", "Boosters for all adults, conflicting advice", "vaccination disappointments", "neuro disease after vaccine", "pericarditis after vaccine" and "vaccine trial whistle blower" in the last 2 weeks alone.

Nobody denies there are rare serious side effects from vaccination, but stuff like this is just talking up vaccine scepticism to a pretty wide audience and I severely doubt there is any noble reason for it beyond chasing viewing numbers.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64306 on: November 23, 2021, 01:50:47 pm »
I'm getting a booster next week. Will be either Pfizer or Moderna (no idea to find out which in advance). I had 2x AZ as my first & second doses.
Had Covid in September and, even at the age of 30, I believe that the vaccine helped first time round with only getting minor symptoms.

Others my age that are picking covid up now are getting it much worse and can't get out of bed. Doubt they are all vaccinated too. Not a case of being young and invincible as some with have you believe!

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64307 on: November 23, 2021, 01:54:16 pm »
I'm getting a booster next week. Will be either Pfizer or Moderna (no idea to find out which in advance). I had 2x AZ as my first & second doses.
Had Covid in September and, even at the age of 30, I believe that the vaccine helped first time round with only getting minor symptoms.

Others my age that are picking covid up now are getting it much worse and can't get out of bed. Doubt they are all vaccinated too. Not a case of being young and invincible as some with have you believe!

I would do exactly the same, while younger people obviously have lower risk of dying, Long Covid is still a major risk for them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 01:59:10 pm by filopastry »

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #64308 on: November 23, 2021, 02:39:35 pm »
Can UK avoid a Europe-style return to lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59378849

The cynic is me thinks the muppets in Number 10 are pricing in a increase in cases to be in time for January - wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of circuit break then - as they believe the economy needs a busy Xmas and New Year period.

My turn for the booster can't come about quickly enough.

Mother and Sister only had their second jabs in September - due to being not convinced to have the jab - but my constant pestering got them in the end.

I don't know how we deal with vaccine hesitancy - aside from the obvious cutting off from society for those who decide not to have it - but I don't believe the government here would do that as that would alienate a sizeable chunk of their libertarian wing.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:42:58 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64309 on: November 23, 2021, 02:47:04 pm »
Can UK avoid a Europe-style return to lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59378849

Read that earlier. Looks like there is actual modelling and data, but I'm really sceptical. So far, we've managed to catch every wave there was. Don't quite believe we won't see in increase in cases again.

Also was a bit annoyed that they made it sound as if dropping all restrictions and having 40k cases for months was the right move. Yeah we won't see as many new deaths, because those people have already died. Thanks, Boris.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:49:22 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64310 on: November 23, 2021, 03:22:27 pm »
Read that earlier. Looks like there is actual modelling and data, but I'm really sceptical. So far, we've managed to catch every wave there was. Don't quite believe we won't see in increase in cases again.

Also was a bit annoyed that they made it sound as if dropping all restrictions and having 40k cases for months was the right move. Yeah we won't see as many new deaths, because those people have already died. Thanks, Boris.

Wasn't this always the challenge in the summer and likely the plan of SAGE and the Government? Pretty sure loads of people said it in the summer, that we would have higher levels of infection but that, added with the booster programme would get us through the winter. I totally get the point about deaths and it is entirely valid, but this virus is a bitch.

Full believe we will see an increase in cases, but we've been running with 30-40k for months now and while it is having an effect on hospitalisations, we're not at the same levels of Winter 2020/2021 or the Spring of 2020. And it does appear as if most of the people clogging up the hospitals are the unvaccinated. Clearly around Europe, that is the huge elephant in the room, when we are operating with no restrictions the chances are you're going to come in to contact with the virus.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64311 on: November 23, 2021, 03:27:25 pm »
Just had our boosters, both of us got given Moderna - neighbour went the same place 2 weeks ago and got Pfizer.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64312 on: November 23, 2021, 03:29:39 pm »

Yeah, this bit was glossed right over, must be 12 to 15,000 dead?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64313 on: November 23, 2021, 03:31:41 pm »
Yeah, this bit was glossed right over, must be 12 to 15,000 dead?

Would think so, we had over 100/day since July basically.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64314 on: November 23, 2021, 04:05:26 pm »
Today's figures: 42,484 tested positive 165 deaths
SoS Membership Number: 387

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64315 on: November 23, 2021, 04:06:15 pm »
Just had our boosters, both of us got given Moderna - neighbour went the same place 2 weeks ago and got Pfizer.

Where I’m going next week for mine we’re the same, they were offering Moderna but when my parents went they not got Pfizer.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64316 on: November 23, 2021, 04:07:58 pm »
Where I’m going next week for mine we’re the same, they were offering Moderna but when my parents went they not got Pfizer.

Any idea how Moderna booster after AZ compares to Pfizer after AZ?

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64317 on: November 23, 2021, 04:18:27 pm »

More like Europe is now getting the Delta wave we’ve had all Summer to date.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #64318 on: November 23, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »

I made this point a week or two ago. We've been suffering from the Delta variant in Ireland as well and it just looks like mainland Europe is catching up now. They might even have it worse due to vaccination levels in some countries.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64319 on: November 23, 2021, 05:04:00 pm »

Its about the only thing we've exported to the EU since Brexit.