Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 877913 times)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 08:06:02 pm by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 09:33:52 am »
Wonder if they'll show some preliminary designs / capacity numbers at these events.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 09:37:39 am »
I guess they will have to give some sort of overview of the capacity and match day crowd control etc.. they will have to have something to consult about.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 09:38:32 am »
Sorry I could not post this in the Anfield Expansion thread as it is closed.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 10:09:02 am »
article says 9k increase. not sure how accurate that is

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 10:18:35 am »
article says 9k increase. not sure how accurate that is

It says the Main Stand was a 9k increase.

Highly unlikely the Anny Rd will be a 9k increase as would mean it has an 18k capacity, which for a behind a goal stand would be massive.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 10:21:59 am »
If it doesn't at least take us over WHL and the Emirates then just fuck the whole thing off
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 10:22:32 am »
If it doesn't at least take us over WHL and the Emirates then just fuck the whole thing off

Who gives a shit what others have got.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 10:23:05 am »
oh yeah. probably 7k at most then

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 10:46:19 am »
"However, in August 2019, Liverpool allowed the planning permission associated with the original 2014 designs to lapse, confirming their intention submit "ambitious new plans" for the Anfield Road End redevelopment which are believed to increase the capacity further to take the overall capacity of Anfield to comfortably above 60,000"

From the Echo in the summer.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 11:34:34 am »
oh yeah. probably 7k at most then

That would take the capacity of the Anfield Road end to 16,000. I think the biggest single stand 'end' in Britain at the minute is the Holte End at Villa Park with just under 13,500 and it looks huge.

Is it possible to fill in the corners of the Main Stand and/or the Kenny at the Anfield Road end or do the roof supports for those stands make that near impossible?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 11:37:58 am »
That would take the capacity of the Anfield Road end to 16,000. I think the biggest single stand 'end' in Britain at the minute is the Holte End at Villa Park with just under 13,500 and it looks huge.

Spurs new stadium has around 17k goal end doesn't it?

Is it possible to fill in the corners of the Main Stand and/or the Kenny at the Anfield Road end or do the roof supports for those stands make that near impossible?

Would be harder to do given the different tiers and the roof supports being on the end.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 11:46:31 am »

Would be harder to do given the different tiers and the roof supports being on the end.

I had forgotten about Spurs new ground but looking at photos of their South Stand it seems to curve round and take in the corners. I was thinking more of a single (kind of straight) stand, as I imagine the redeveloped ARE will have to be more like the Holte End due to the issues you mentioned with the different tiers and roof supports. Getting 16,000 into a structure like that seems to be a big ask. Hopefully we'll see next week how they're planning to do it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 11:46:46 am »

The Spurs end is 17,500 capacity with 82 rows. The biggest end stand in the country.

Not that having the biggest end in the country has been much help to them so far.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 11:49:32 am »
Renders or it didn’t happen

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 11:53:57 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing the designs in the future of the new annie road. I wonder if it will be a  1 tier stand like Spurs ( or  kop ) or a 3 tier stand joining up with the main stand something similar to St James Park.

Would love this to be 62k bigger than arsenal and spurs.

does anyone else think we could do something with the Kenny stand and kop in the future Maybe the corner between Main and Kop ?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 12:02:17 pm »
does anyone else think we could do something with the Kenny stand and kop in the future Maybe the corner between Main and Kop ?

Street behind Kenny really hampers the expansion of that. We owned most / all of it at one point too and sold them for a quid each.

Corner between Kop and Main would require the roof supports for both stand sorting. May also be space issues with the new store too, although sure that could be easily sorted.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 12:04:06 pm »
Who gives a shit what others have got.

I think we can all think of one very local fanbase that does  ;)

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 12:07:57 pm »
Street behind Kenny really hampers the expansion of that. We owned most / all of it at one point too and sold them for a quid each.

Corner between Kop and Main would require the roof supports for both stand sorting. May also be space issues with the new store too, although sure that could be easily sorted.

Would be good to have the same size Kenny stand as main but I agree its a bit tight behind the stand and if they slap another tier onto the top would have the house owners probably moaning as there gardens will be in darkness with the stand preventing light  :) . FSG done a lot of redevelopments of Fenway park so I wouldn't put it past them in the future to have some sort of plan to expand again.

A nice new Anfield Road stand housing away fans if they could do something like Newcastle and stick them out the road in the gods would be ideal.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 12:15:40 pm »
Sounds like 5-6K seats, or a little more...

Liverpool are to stage a public consultation into proposals to increase Anfield’s capacity to more than 60,000 by rebuilding the Anfield Road stand.

The European champions confirmed in August that plans to add an extra 4,000 seats had been abandoned in favour of a more ambitious scheme and allowed outline planning permission for the original development to expire in September.

Liverpool have now distributed more than 5,000 leaflets to Anfield residents inviting them to the first stage of a public consultation on their latest plans, and are asking residents, businesses and fans for feedback on a new stand that would raise overall capacity from 54,074 to more than 60,000.

Consultation events will be held at the Kop bar in the Kop stand on 29 November, 2 December and 3 December while there will also be a pop-up information stand in Anfield Road before Liverpool’s home games against Brighton on 30 November and Everton on 4 December. Supporters will also be able to submit views online once the consultation events begin.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/21/liverpool-anfield-road-stand-open-meetings

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 12:15:41 pm »
Would be good to have the same size Kenny stand as main but I agree its a bit tight behind the stand and if they slap another tier onto the top would have the house owners probably moaning as there gardens will be in darkness with the stand preventing light  :) . FSG done a lot of redevelopments of Fenway park so I wouldn't put it past them in the future to have some sort of plan to expand again.

A nice new Anfield Road stand housing away fans if they could do something like Newcastle and stick them out the road in the gods would be ideal.

Premier League rules say you have to have at least some away fans pitchside. Newcastle get away with it on safety grounds but I doubt they'd allow us to build a new stand and try to claim we can't house away fans pitchside.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 12:28:34 pm »
Sounds like 5-6K seats, or a little more...

5-6k would be under 60k.

Will definitely be over 6,000, I'd be surprised if they don't look at trying to add closer to 7-8k if they can find a way to do so.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 12:32:20 pm »
Plans will be interesting. Every time I walk up Anfield Road I can imagine the stand being expanded and creating a tunnel over Anfield Road.

Looks great in my imagination anyway.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 12:34:22 pm »
I think we can all think of one very local fanbase that does  ;)

And that's the type of behaviour we need to avoid. :D

But seriously it should take the capacity to 61892 - that'll show the rent dodgers.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 12:36:15 pm »
Plans will be interesting. Every time I walk up Anfield Road I can imagine the stand being expanded and creating a tunnel over Anfield Road.

Looks great in my imagination anyway.

It'll stay there too as Anny Road will be getting built on and closed as per previous planning permission.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 12:36:23 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing the designs in the future of the new annie road. I wonder if it will be a  1 tier stand like Spurs ( or  kop ) or a 3 tier stand joining up with the main stand something similar to St James Park.
Hope not. Sports Direct Arena looks shite.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2019, 12:42:47 pm »
It'll stay there too as Anny Road will be getting built on and closed as per previous planning permission.

Always been a great place my imagination.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2019, 12:43:09 pm »

There was a mock-up a while back showing how the Main/Anny might look if the corner was filled whilst taking the roof support into consideration.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2019, 12:45:05 pm »
Wasn't the footprint of the new Anny supposed to go back as far as the park itself?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2019, 12:47:19 pm »
Sponsorship was sorted back in 2016 ago, remember the mockups

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 12:47:25 pm »
Premier League rules say you have to have at least some away fans pitchside. Newcastle get away with it on safety grounds but I doubt they'd allow us to build a new stand and try to claim we can't house away fans pitchside.

Yeah I heard that before then Sunderland relocated away fans up the top tier.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2019, 12:47:25 pm »
Reckon we end up around 61,000 myself...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 12:48:22 pm »
There was a mock-up a while back showing how the Main/Anny might look if the corner was filled whilst taking the roof support into consideration.

That's basically just mirrors the Main so it's really what they'd do. If they wanted to keep the Main St roof support as is then could still take the new Anny round more than that shows. Or you could add a cantilever roof support for both the Main and the new Anny and have a full corner if really wanted.

Looking at the roof support I'd guess this is entirely possible and potentially something that was in the mind of the architects during design.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 12:51:04 pm »
Wasn't the footprint of the new Anny supposed to go back as far as the park itself?

Pretty much...

Edit - that shows a corner right into the Kenny and not the new Main, so I guess that's where you could get some more seats in to go bigger.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 12:54:19 pm »
Pretty much...

Edit - that shows a corner right into the Kenny and not the new Main, so I guess that's where you could get some more seats in to go bigger.

When you consider where the road is now, then see how far it will go back, it looks massive.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 12:55:16 pm »
One of the lads on the other thread who seems to have some sort of knowledge about it all suggested that the corners are a possibility in the future but would not be considered at this stage.

The other thread needs to be unlocked, it's been locked for months.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 12:58:26 pm »
When you consider where the road is now, then see how far it will go back, it looks massive.

Yup, it's a pretty big stand. Think this was the cross section...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2019, 01:02:17 pm »
One of the lads on the other thread who seems to have some sort of knowledge about it all suggested that the corners are a possibility in the future but would not be considered at this stage.

The other thread needs to be unlocked, it's been locked for months.

It was locked because it turned into yet another anti-FSG thread. When I have time I’ll tidy it up and merge with this one.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 01:36:09 pm »

Yeah I heard that before then Sunderland relocated away fans up the top tier.

That was after they dropped out of the Premier League. The rule doesn't apply in the EFL.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2019, 01:38:08 pm »
The Spurs end is 17,500 capacity with 82 rows. The biggest end stand in the country.

Not that having the biggest end in the country has been much help to them so far.  ;)

They have the biggest bell end in the country now.