Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 195156 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #120 on: December 4, 2018, 10:00:12 am »
Anytime I see him I can't help but think that he's a close relative of Jamie Vardy.
I think of banjos when I see Pickford.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #121 on: December 4, 2018, 10:22:31 am »
I really, really hope he goes for a big money transfer to ManUtd. Everton would be pissed because they lost "England's #1" and ManUtd would get a totally overrated keeper with T-Rex arms ;D
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: December 4, 2018, 10:24:05 am »
He's absolutely wank and I'll tell anybody that'll listen.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 4, 2018, 10:40:31 am »

I'd love to see someone do a rework of the Deliverance duel with is head on the young hick and Harry Kanes on the lad with the guitar.  There's real scope there!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #124 on: December 4, 2018, 10:42:41 am »
Alison’s mistake may have been bad - but it pales in comparison to what Air Jordan just did.

This is what makes Pickford's error even funnier

Even though Alison made the error, at least we won the match, Pickford's error cost them the match, Pickford is so arrogant, luck has nothing to do with it, luck is a deflected shot that goes in, or player miss hitting a shot that goes in & the like, Pickford was an error of judgement the ball would have gone out had he left it.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 4, 2018, 11:12:28 am »
Alison’s mistake may have been bad - but it pales in comparison to what Air Jordan just did.

Alisson was also fouled by Iheanacho, Pickford had all the time in the world to deal with that ball.

Still the perfect keeper for Man Utd though - cash in on De Gea and get Englands No1 in.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 4, 2018, 05:06:03 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #127 on: December 4, 2018, 05:12:39 pm »

Why?

He couldn't reach the banjo strings. Harmonica maybe.....

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 4, 2018, 05:36:43 pm »
Why?

He couldn't reach the banjo strings. Harmonica maybe.....

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #129 on: December 4, 2018, 05:54:40 pm »
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #130 on: December 4, 2018, 06:07:08 pm »

Somehow I don't think Pickford would take the handbag in quite the same spirit as Gordon 'Honey' West  ;)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #131 on: December 4, 2018, 06:14:43 pm »
Somehow I don't think Pickford would take the handbag in quite the same spirit as Gordon 'Honey' West  ;)

Possibly there would be a lot of arm flapping...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: December 4, 2018, 06:25:34 pm »
Do tell! (Before my time I think)
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 4, 2018, 06:27:02 pm »
His distribution on average is pretty good to be fair. Everton tried to play out from the back 3x in the first half and got caught out on all three occasions. Alisson’s mistake against Leicester was just as bad as Pickford’s yesterday as it led to a goal. I’m not arguing he’s a great goalkeeper but he’s more than good enough to play for Everton and has a lot more good games than bad.

Yeah, it was a shame we lost that game because of the mistake...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: December 4, 2018, 06:28:41 pm »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 4, 2018, 06:32:36 pm »
Do tell! (Before my time I think)

His popularity survived his being dropped for flashing a "v" sign at Everton supporters who were berating him for fumbling a shot into his own net, and it even extended, after a fashion, to the Kop at Anfield.

The first time West ran towards them, for a derby in early '63, he was confronted by 22,000 two-fingered gestures which he later admitted "really upset" him. A year later, showing his penchant for comedy, he blew them a kiss and pretended to drop his shorts. Thefollowing season, a man dashed out of the Kop and gave him a woman's handbag with "Honey West" painted onit. For years Liverpool fans "gave me stick about my handbag". West "accepted and enjoyed it", although he made sure he milked the occasion whenEverton won at Anfield en route to the title in 1970.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: December 4, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »
His popularity survived his being dropped for flashing a "v" sign at Everton supporters who were berating him for fumbling a shot into his own net, and it even extended, after a fashion, to the Kop at Anfield.

The first time West ran towards them, for a derby in early '63, he was confronted by 22,000 two-fingered gestures which he later admitted "really upset" him. A year later, showing his penchant for comedy, he blew them a kiss and pretended to drop his shorts. Thefollowing season, a man dashed out of the Kop and gave him a woman's handbag with "Honey West" painted onit. For years Liverpool fans "gave me stick about my handbag". West "accepted and enjoyed it", although he made sure he milked the occasion whenEverton won at Anfield en route to the title in 1970.
[emoji23][emoji23] thanks! I had actually seen the photo (in the post above) but wasn’t aware of the story behind it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #137 on: December 4, 2018, 06:41:48 pm »
As he showed at Sunderland, stick him behind a back 10 and he is fine, he can deal with shot stopping, so he will fit right in there.

That’s right Rob, he will fit in great at United

(Why did you mention Sunderland though? He let in 80+ and they got relegated )
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 4, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
That’s right Rob, he will fit in great at United

(Why did you mention Sunderland though? He let in 80+ and they got relegated )

That was the shit defenders fault, he is only human after all. Playing behind Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, they will have a better defence than us.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #139 on: December 4, 2018, 07:04:55 pm »
That was the shit defenders fault, he is only human after all. Playing behind Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, they will have a better defence than us.

I think we may have got away with it,

Hello Jose
 :wave
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #140 on: December 4, 2018, 07:08:06 pm »
He's made a lot of errors in his time at Everton, quite a few this season even before the derby, but they usually get overlooked/ignored and his rep has somehow remained intact among both Everton fans and the wider media/football folk. After that derby howler, he'll be crucified from now on when he fucks up. His card is marked.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 4, 2018, 07:25:32 pm »
His distribution on average is pretty good to be fair. Everton tried to play out from the back 3x in the first half and got caught out on all three occasions. Alisson’s mistake against Leicester was just as bad as Pickford’s yesterday as it led to a goal. I’m not arguing he’s a great goalkeeper but he’s more than good enough to play for Everton and has a lot more good games than bad.

I'm not sure pointing to one mistake by Alisson is really proof of anything in comparison to the numerous Pickford has made already this season (see the West Hame or Southampton games as well as ours).

I'm still not seeing it with his distribution either, it's okay but nothing special, I can't see why people think he excels at that aspect of the game unless their definition of good distribution is being able to kick a ball very far.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #142 on: December 4, 2018, 08:00:57 pm »
I'm not sure pointing to one mistake by Alisson is really proof of anything in comparison to the numerous Pickford has made already this season (see the West Hame or Southampton games as well as ours).

I'm still not seeing it with his distribution either, it's okay but nothing special, I can't see why people think he excels at that aspect of the game unless their definition of good distribution is being able to kick a ball very far.

that must be it.

It's either that, or it's just futher proof that too many people just take what the media force on them as gospel and run with it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #143 on: December 4, 2018, 09:15:18 pm »
The media is best ignored when it comes to English players, too. Remember, they were not too happy when Guardiola was trying to replace Hart. Because they know better. They have a latency when it comes to accepting an English player is shit.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #144 on: December 4, 2018, 11:42:01 pm »
Ge 'ed Pickers, lad.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 5, 2018, 12:42:11 am »
The legendary Bob Ross gives T-Rex a pre-derby pep talk...

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #146 on: December 5, 2018, 12:55:36 am »
I for one am shocked an Everton player that plays for England is overrated.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #147 on: December 5, 2018, 09:00:52 am »
Ge 'ed Pickers, lad.

That’s not Pickford. Look how he is able to grab the bar in the middle of that clip.

Fake news

:)

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 5, 2018, 11:50:57 am »
How does he wipe his bum?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #149 on: December 5, 2018, 12:07:22 pm »
How does he wipe his bum?
'Andrex' toilet tissue  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 5, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #151 on: December 5, 2018, 03:24:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISOfQR5pX8

Gets his mum to do it... :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wISOfQR5pX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wISOfQR5pX8</a>

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #152 on: December 5, 2018, 03:27:11 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MK6TXMsvgQg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MK6TXMsvgQg</a>

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 5, 2018, 03:50:40 pm »

:lmao  :lmao  :lmao  :lmao  :lmao

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 5, 2018, 04:19:17 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISOfQR5pX8

Gets his mum to do it... :lmao

holy shit - that's vicious!! that's legit from 44Toons?

Damn!

"PickfordsArmy" text to 1995 :lmao

#Iwontblunderlikealisson shirt :lmao

« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 04:21:07 pm by newterp »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 5, 2018, 04:26:32 pm »
That’s not Pickford. Look how he is able to grab the bar in the middle of that clip.

Fake news

:)

My apologies. It's actually his longer-armed brother teaching him how to play.  ;)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #158 on: December 5, 2018, 04:37:36 pm »
he's more carnotaurus arms than t rex arms to me

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 5, 2018, 04:43:23 pm »