Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 109463 times)

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2018, 12:03:23 am »
The way he acted went beyond greed, its not too far to call him that to be honest, it was disrespectful to the fans.

/

Quite frightening how openly racist the media in this country are
All thanks to the likes of Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2018, 08:16:19 pm »
All thanks to the likes of Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins.

Stopped giving any time to Katie Hopkins opinion on anything during the first time i heard her speak...

I think it was around the time she stated she wouldn't dare let her kids play with any who's names were the same as a location... only to be reminded her childs name is India. Frustrates me an incredible amount people like this are provided a platform to spew their vile racist shit

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 1, 2018, 07:31:24 pm »
Fuck the S*n.

I hope Raheem does brilliantly at the World Cup and they're forced to fawn over him, the c*nts!

As much as I hate that fuckin rag mate I wouldn't go as far as hoping he has a good World Cup.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #203 on: June 2, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »
As much as I hate that fuckin rag mate I wouldn't go as far as hoping he has a good World Cup.

As much as I've barely any time for Raheem Sterling, I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd begrudge him a good World Cup if it even slightly irritated the s*n.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #204 on: June 2, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »
Stopped giving any time to Katie Hopkins opinion on anything during the first time i heard her speak...

I think it was around the time she stated she wouldn't dare let her kids play with any who's names were the same as a location... only to be reminded her childs name is India. Frustrates me an incredible amount people like this are provided a platform to spew their vile racist shit

Empty vessels make the most noise
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 2, 2018, 09:47:08 pm »

People like this deserve a certain kind of treatment that I shall not mention here.  All I will say is that they wouldn't be martyrs - they'd be forgotten in about a week.

As for Raheem, I don't think he's a cnut.  A dickhead perhaps but not a cnut.

The Rag however is a complete gang of cnuts, run by a cnut and owned by a whopper of a wrinkly old cnut.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: June 2, 2018, 11:36:25 pm »
jesus, the english media really love to upset the country's players before a major tournament dont they?

complete and utter nonsene. couldnt give a shite what tatoo he put on his leg.

was miffed at sterling for leaving and going to City but i hope he rams it down their throat with a good showing at the world cup

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #207 on: June 3, 2018, 12:51:40 am »
Top marks for Sterling's dive today  8)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #208 on: June 3, 2018, 08:08:14 am »
Top marks for Sterling's dive today  8)
He scored higher in the 'finishing' category

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: June 3, 2018, 07:18:42 pm »
Great to see he's still absolutely dogshit at finishing from a few yards out

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #210 on: June 5, 2018, 02:15:26 am »
Neville Southall has it spot on.
We are Liverpool!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2018, 10:43:36 am »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:41 am »
He really cares only about money. Twat of a person.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »
Apart from winning the PL and a few Cups you're right, wouldn't be surprised if he's just sick of this country and the bitterness he gets here
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2018, 12:30:33 pm »
Pretty much how it started with us wasn't it?  ;D

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11402271/raheem-sterling-fails-to-agree-new-manchester-city-contract

:lmao

I wonder if they'll manage to get £50m for him if he goes? ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:59 pm »
Is this more shit stirring against him with a view to being disruptive or is it a genuinely new development. Timing seems quite convenient in light of the other recent stories about him.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2018, 01:50:12 pm »

It's the world we live in.

At the end of the day, he started from humble beginnings and is playing in a career that is generally short-lived...and quite easily can become extremely short-lived (e.g. by a bad injury). I see no issue with him trying to get as much as possible for him and his family - he just needs to conduct his affairs better.

But in fairness these are probably amplified stories pre-world cup just cos the media seem to have a vendetta against him.

He's a class player and I was gutted to see him go. He was worth the six figures he wanted.
YNWA.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:32 pm »
It's the world we live in.

At the end of the day, he started from humble beginnings and is playing in a career that is generally short-lived...and quite easily can become extremely short-lived (e.g. by a bad injury). I see no issue with him trying to get as much as possible for him and his family - he just needs to conduct his affairs better.

But in fairness these are probably amplified stories pre-world cup just cos the media seem to have a vendetta against him.

He's a class player and I was gutted to see him go. He was worth the six figures he wanted.

Never understood this idea. Surely there is a line somewhere otherwise what is the draw of the 'top leagues' and why is Oscar seen to have no ambition going for 'trying to get as much as possible for him and his family' ?

He's on how much a week at the moment? He could sign a new deal on the same wages (I know that wouldn't happen) and his grandkids would have no issues money wise as long as he isn't a twat wasting money.

In a normal job I feel that sentence can be applied more realistically, when you are on hundreds of thousands a week I always feel its slightly different

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 04:24:26 pm »
Never understood this idea. Surely there is a line somewhere otherwise what is the draw of the 'top leagues' and why is Oscar seen to have no ambition going for 'trying to get as much as possible for him and his family' ?

He's on how much a week at the moment? He could sign a new deal on the same wages (I know that wouldn't happen) and his grandkids would have no issues money wise as long as he isn't a twat wasting money.

In a normal job I feel that sentence can be applied more realistically, when you are on hundreds of thousands a week I always feel its slightly different

Oscar's entitled to do the best for himself financially, even if that means leaving to China while in his prime, sure. Saying by doing that, he's sacrificing football ambition doesn't conflict.

Ultimately, with money, it's simple. When we're young, sure we all toss out the usual delusional nonsense but once you're part of the world a guy going for the maximum money possible for him / his people is a no-go area imo. Has got nothing to do with you / me, we're not doing anything to help. All the best, move on.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 04:31:13 pm »

Why is he a 'twat' of a person?

If people think the only reason he left us was to earn more money then they are being a bit naive.

The lad left us to win trophies and to further his footballing career. He has done that and has won something that has alluded us as a club for 3 decades. It's only natural that a step up to a club expecting to win the league will naturally lead to him earning more money.

I've no real ill-feeling towards him to be honest, don't really have many great memories of him as a player so no real affection and we got a huge sum of money for him. I'd have him back too as he has serious talent.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:09 pm »
:lmao

I wonder if they'll manage to get £50m for him if he goes? ;D
He’s easily worth 50 million in this market. If I ignored the way he left and who he is, and just look at the player, I’d pay that in an instant. He’d be perfect for our front 3, he could cover/challenge all three of them.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2018, 05:22:35 pm »
Sounds like he wants parity with their highest earners and I don't see why not, he's a key part of their team, has posted great numbers and is young, English and improving.  Is De Bruyne a prick as well for asking for as much as he's on now?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2018, 05:38:37 pm »
Apart from winning the PL and a few Cups you're right, wouldn't be surprised if he's just sick of this country and the bitterness he gets here

For a guy that always pops up when given a chance to be negative about our club you sure are quick to come to the defense of non LFC players & clubs.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2018, 06:56:40 pm »

For a guy that always pops up when given a chance to be negative about our club you sure are quick to come to the defense of non LFC players & clubs.
If saying that the club shouldn't sell our best players is negative then I can live with that
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:19 pm »
I have no issues with him wanting more money, we all do. Anyone criticizing him for wanting more money is a hypocrite

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2018, 09:20:46 am »
Thought his piece on The Players Tribune was really good. The best bit? This :lmao ;

Haaaaa! Mate, she don’t give two Scooby-Doos about Manchester City. She’s Liverpool through and through.

So she’s running through the halls — and I swear to God she runs exactly like her dad. Chest puffed way out, back arched, hand flapping about a bit. She’s running through the halls like Raheem Sterling, and you know what she’s singing? 

Mo Salah! Mo Salah! Mo Salah!

Runnin’ down the wing!

Salahhhhh la la la la la la la!

Egyptian king!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2018, 09:50:30 am »
Thought his piece on The Players Tribune was really good. The best bit? This :lmao ;

Haaaaa! Mate, she don’t give two Scooby-Doos about Manchester City. She’s Liverpool through and through.

So she’s running through the halls — and I swear to God she runs exactly like her dad. Chest puffed way out, back arched, hand flapping about a bit. She’s running through the halls like Raheem Sterling, and you know what she’s singing? 

Mo Salah! Mo Salah! Mo Salah!

Runnin’ down the wing!

Salahhhhh la la la la la la la!

Egyptian king!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream
Great piece that.

Well needed perspective.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2018, 10:56:46 am »
His Players Tribune piece is really good. His comment about him buying his mum a sink, when he had to go with her as a kid to clean toilets in a hotel and eat Bounty bars for breakfast puts it all into perspective

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2018, 10:59:50 am »
Good read.

Still a bit peeved the way he left the club, but, he fully deserves any success he gets.

And I've never bought into the crap you see in the papers.  They've always been very harsh on the lad.

He's pretty grounded though and seems to have a good family around him to keep him level headed, even with the media on his back.

Its a shame, cause players not so strong will have their lives tormented by those w*nkers in the press.  They really are a shameful load of f*ckers......well some of them anyway  ;D  Can ruin some lives without remorse.....just to get their story

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:47 am »
Good read.

Still a bit peeved the way he left the club, but, he fully deserves any success he gets.

And I've never bought into the crap you see in the papers.  They've always been very harsh on the lad.

He's pretty grounded though and seems to have a good family around him to keep him level headed, even with the media on his back.

Its a shame, cause players not so strong will have their lives tormented by those w*nkers in the press.  They really are a shameful load of f*ckers......well some of them anyway  ;D  Can ruin some lives without remorse.....just to get their story

Pretty much sums up my feelings too. Yes his departure wasn't handled perfectly by him or his toxic agent, but we as supporters (myself included) took this stuff far too personally at the time. He left after a rubbish season, with Suarez already gone, to chase titles at City, who of course are not one of our rivals. We get blinded by our love for LFC and say we'd play for £10/week, but who amongst us wouldn't leave a job to go work for more money and, in his eyes, a better setup?

And yes, I have definitely felt more empathy toward the lad because of the shitty media with its thinly veiled racist agenda against him. He has conducted himself very well with each shameful volley of bullshit from garbage toads like Piers Moron, and I must admit I'm not sure how restrained I would be in that situation. God help me I'm starting to warm to him more because of these twunts always trying to knock him down.

Really interesting article into his background, and yes I'm made up that his little girl is a Red! :)
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2018, 11:47:33 am »
Pretty much sums up my feelings too. Yes his departure wasn't handled perfectly by him or his toxic agent, but we as supporters (myself included) took this stuff far too personally at the time. He left after a rubbish season, with Suarez already gone, to chase titles at City, who of course are not one of our rivals. We get blinded by our love for LFC and say we'd play for £10/week, but who amongst us wouldn't leave a job to go work for more money and, in his eyes, a better setup?

And yes, I have definitely felt more empathy toward the lad because of the shitty media with its thinly veiled racist agenda against him. He has conducted himself very well with each shameful volley of bullshit from garbage toads like Piers Moron, and I must admit I'm not sure how restrained I would be in that situation. God help me I'm starting to warm to him more because of these twunts always trying to knock him down.

Really interesting article into his background, and yes I'm made up that his little girl is a Red! :)

Still can't properly kick a ball mind  ;D

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:24 am »
he's a good lad who upholds his family values and it's a shame he gets a bad time for it. Pretty sweet to hear his daughters a Red as well.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »
I have a lot of love for this kid as I feel I can relate on multiple levels. He's living the dream and providing for his family. Absolutely no shame in moving on for more wages and the promise of better things.

Hope he smashes it for England.
YNWA.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:23 pm »
delighted that his kid is a red :D

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2018, 05:46:02 pm »
Good read that article. Not overly fussed about Sterling one way or the other but don't quite get the media agenda about him. Anyway like the fact he looks out for his mother.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2018, 07:35:40 pm »
Which of his six daughters is he talking about? At least she knows what's up.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2018, 08:06:42 pm »
Which of his six daughters is he talking about? At least she knows what's up.

He actually only has 2 and one is with his current long term partner but don’t let that get in the way of your ‘joke’ mate

He moved to win more trophies and earn more money and he’s done that - can’t really knock anyone for it

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2018, 08:39:42 pm »
He actually only has 2 and one is with his current long term partner but don’t let that get in the way of your ‘joke’ mate

He moved to win more trophies and earn more money and he’s done that - can’t really knock anyone for it

I think it's a joke that references long rumours about him having tons of kids.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:28 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/raheem-sterling-asks-for-100k-rise-at-manchester-city-5bjp33s9k

Reportedly wants a £100k per week raise, and he's on £175,000 a week now.

He's very good, but is he justified in City giving him that? Only De Bruyne would earn more at City.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2018, 10:08:24 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/raheem-sterling-asks-for-100k-rise-at-manchester-city-5bjp33s9k

Reportedly wants a £100k per week raise, and he's on £175,000 a week now.

He's very good, but is he justified in City giving him that? Only De Bruyne would earn more at City.
Yeah, he'll be signing a contract that will cover his prime years with a club with bottomless pits of money. Might as well push for as much as you can.