Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663187 times)

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
...and I did a degree in art, and I know for a fact that you can polish a turd.

Not if it's too soft you can't

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Not going to be the finisher that Sturridge is. And I wouldn't class Surridge as a finisher either. He can finish sure - not a finisher tho. And they're rare.

There's a clunkyness to Origi, that Sturridge doesn't have. There's nothing silky about Origi. Good feet, potential to work things out, but he's basic.

If you want top four, or a title challenge.., Origi is 3rd/4th choice. A great 3rd/4th choice mind, but a 3rd/4th choice.

Going into next season, you go into it with this in mind.

Sorry, but thats a load of nonsense. At the age he is, he has so much developing ahead of him. Bale was a left back with the same defensive frailties as Moreno back when he was the same age as Origi. Look at him now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
For me at the moment he isn't, Martial is at it stands the better player. No telling where either will end up though.
Another Janajizzy v Sterling fight. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Sorry, but thats a load of nonsense. At the age he is, he has so much developing ahead of him. Bale was a left back with the same defensive frailties as Moreno back when he was the same age as Origi. Look at him now.

???

Did you actually read what he wrote?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
???

Did you actually read what he wrote?

I did. I also responded by saying (in other words), you can't say for definite he will or won't be this or that (which he did) and I backed it up with an example of someone who had a bigger progression to make to where he is now.

:butt

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
I'm convinced that getting that scouse tongue after he scored previously has held back his goalscoring development by about 5 years.  There's fear in them eyes as he shoots.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
Not going to be the finisher that Sturridge is. And I wouldn't class Surridge as a finisher either. He can finish sure - not a finisher tho. And they're rare.

There's a clunkyness to Origi, that Sturridge doesn't have. There's nothing silky about Origi. Good feet, potential to work things out, but he's basic.

If you want top four, or a title challenge.., Origi is 3rd/4th choice. A great 3rd/4th choice mind, but a 3rd/4th choice.

Going into next season, you go into it with this in mind.

He's on the exact development path you would want for a young striker. Very few top-level strikers are consistent in their finishing, even in their primes. Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Suarez...all great and all see their conversion rates fluctuate from year to year. Messi will convert 26% of his shots one season and then drop down to 14% the next. He didn't get any worse; that's just the nature of finishing in football. What they all do consistently, year in year out, is create shots. Some years they fly in at an astounding rate and some at a frustrating one, but they always shoot. Origi has seen his shot totals trend on a nice upward curve over the past 3 seasons. 2 seasons ago he took a very good number of total shots, but too many were outside the box for a striker. Last season he didn't take as many shots, but those he did take were in better positions (i.e., inside the box). This season he's seen both numbers take a steady step forward (SSS). At his age (and playing in two of the best leagues in Europe) that's really encouraging. If he continues that trend as he matures and gets more minutes then he'll be great. Some years he'll score 25 and others he might only score 15, but he'll always be a threat. And the rest of his game is already rounding into form nicely. I've been saying it for about 18 months now: this kid has a chance to be special. Nothing I've seen with my eyes or in his numbers makes me back down from that belief.
Justice For The 96

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
...and I did a degree in art, and I know for a fact that you can polish a turd.
The version I do is a BSC due to being involved with the NHS. Though nice attempt to avoid the fact that I'd proven you completely wrong, buddy.  8)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
He's not a clunky striker... but in comparison to Sturridge, there's a clunkyNESS to his game. The joys of language.

Funnily enough, I initially read it as "cluckiness", and found myself agreeing to it. Did you mean cluckiness? I think you meant cluckiness. It does rather fit so much better when "cluckiness" is inserted in there.

Origi has shown glimpses of some good feet, but those feet aren't at a level of a Sturridge. Sturridge can almost steal time in the box.

In all seriousness, Absolutely love that explanation. And I think that's what makes Sturridge so special, at his heart he seems to be a born goalscorer with an instinct and knack of knowing just where to be, where the ball might head, and where the goal is, whenever he's in the box. No doubt Origi is going to be an absolute gem of a striker for us (at least, in my opinion), but I've got him down as Henry-lite at his current age, and I'm hoping for the best as far as his potential becoming a reality.

Either way, it bodes well for us that we've got a talent like Origi coming through and able to contribute, as well as a clinical goalscorer as Sturridge to lead the line. And to think we've still got Benteke in the squad, Ings out injured, and Balotelli in our books.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
And to think we've still got Benteke in the squad, Ings out injured, and Balotelli in our books.

To think we'll have Balottelli on the books gives me the shudders. Surely we get rid, for whatever price. Absolute waste of time. It's hilarious that a manager gets sacked, and a comittee that even thought about that whole thing stays in tact. And they're still there aren't they? Muddying things till kingdom come. Need to be shot. Anyone who was even half interested in the idea needs to be shot. Benteke you just move on. Take it as a leveller or something. Sigh at it. Try to move on. Bloody hell, what a farce.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line

Development isn't a linear equation though. Owen peaked at 18, Gerrard peaked at 26, Fowler peaked at 23. It's individualistic and dependent on so many equations 
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
To think we'll have Balottelli on the books gives me the shudders. Surely we get rid, for whatever price. Absolute waste of time. It's hilarious that a manager gets sacked, and a comittee that even thought about that whole thing stays in tact. And they're still there aren't they? Muddying things till kingdom come. Need to be shot. Anyone who was even half interested in the idea needs to be shot. Benteke you just move on. Take it as a leveller or something. Sigh at it. Try to move on. Bloody hell, what a farce.

Mario was a gamble, i believe a good one even though it didn't come off. You had the chance of a player, who if you got their head right, was capable of being top 4-5 in the world, at 16mil.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
"Clunky" Is probably a bad choice of words. For me Sturridge has two quick feet and amazingly quick to get into right positions. Origi looks deceptively slow -- probably cause he is a big lad (obviously not a slower lump like Benteke) -- has a quick turn and been using his strength a bit better as season goes on. Anyone got his shot to goal return this season? Sturridge seems to be more clinical (once the rust comes off.......).

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
"Clunky" Is probably a bad choice of words. For me Sturridge has two quick feet and amazingly quick to get into right positions. Origi looks deceptively slow -- probably cause he is a big lad (obviously not a slower lump like Benteke) -- has a quick turn and been using his strength a bit better as season goes on. Anyone got his shot to goal return this season? Sturridge seems to be more clinical (once the rust comes off.......).

Origi looks deceptively slow? I think he looks and is absolutely rapid. :p

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Origi looks deceptively slow? I think he looks and is absolutely rapid. :p
Can looks slow but isn't. Origi looks fucking rapid.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
He's got the potential to become an absolute beast of a striker.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
Jesus Christ just let the lad play and see where he is in 2-3 years time!!!  Martial, Bale whoever are not Divock. We potentially have a good'un on our hands but he could also not make it. The obsession sometimes of making kids into the next best is nauseating. I'd rest him today, start Sturridge and see where it goes from there.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Mario was a gamble, i believe a good one even though it didn't come off. You had the chance of a player, who if you got their head right, was capable of being top 4-5 in the world, at 16mil.

Sorry mate but no, there was no gamble there he is a proven liability at every single club that he has been, it was an awful "moneyball" based decision and a total waste of money.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Origi looks slow?  :lmao There's only Moreno who looks like he'd get anywhere near him in a race
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Origi looks slow?  :lmao There's only Moreno who looks like he'd get anywhere near him in a race

I think Clyne is the fastest in the squad. It was in one of the player interviews.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Seriously fast and also has a very respectable burst of speed from slow start.
He skinned Borussia's fullback repeatedly the other night.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously fast and also has a very respectable burst of speed from slow start.
He skinned Borussia's fullback repeatedly the other night.

Aye. As Mick McCarthy would say, he's fast, he's rapid and he's got pace
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
But does he play well in the hole?

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's brilliant.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
screw those "he can be only 3rd,4th option for us" comments, this kid will be some player for us.
You can see confidence is doing a lot for him.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looks really clunky to me  :duh

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Coming along very nicely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Very clunky today.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
With each passing game he's looking more like the real fucking deal. Well in lad.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Boss

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another great outing for Divock.

The only way is up with this kid!

Great to see him playing with confidence in his own ability.

Still got a long way to go to get rid of his clunkiness though

:scarf

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
I'm excited to see how good he could get. Only 20 and is playing great
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
What the fuck has he been eating?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
same again on Thursday please Divock.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
Ligue 1 must be some league if this bloke is the worst player to have ever set foot on a french pitch.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
What the fuck has he been eating?

something Origi'nal ;)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
Ligue 1 must be some league if this bloke is the worst player to have ever set foot on a french pitch.

That was a bullshit list, i have seen some of his matches and he did well there.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can Divock be to Klopp's Liverpool, what Levandowski was for Klopp's Dortmund.. Both not the finished article when Klopp started working with them.. but the Pole developed  under Klopp to be a world class striker..

With hope in my heart..  :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
Mad pace, mad feet, mad strength and the finishing is coming.

The West is finished, China is the future