Author Topic: Iago Aspas  (Read 96075 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Iago Aspas
« Reply #360 on: May 8, 2022, 01:32:55 pm »
120 in 232 games is one of the top leagues is nothing to be sniffed at all. Can be proud his career when its all said and done

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: May 8, 2022, 06:14:42 pm »
One of the handful of players Rodgers clearly didn't want, and didn't give much of a chance. I'm sure if he, or Luis Alberto, were signed now Klopp would have given them a good run. Might not have worked out, I guess. Couldn't have been much worse than Benteke though.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #362 on: May 9, 2022, 12:10:44 pm »
One of the handful of players Rodgers clearly didn't want, and didn't give much of a chance. I'm sure if he, or Luis Alberto, were signed now Klopp would have given them a good run. Might not have worked out, I guess. Couldn't have been much worse than Benteke though.

Yeah, I'd say that's probably fair - and not necessary even as a dig at Rodgers either; pretty sure Aspas was injured a bit during the autumn of that season, and I think it's understandable why Rodgers would have been loathe to change a winning formula during the spring. From what I recall, Suarez & Sturridge were pretty much ever-present during the second half of the season and the emerging talents of Sterling & Coutinho tended to swap in and out a bit.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 9, 2022, 12:13:49 pm »
Someone hacked his Twitter once to put something about his corner and he probably has seen so much shit about it. I would want Real Madrid to win if I was him too.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2022, 01:23:06 am »
Yeah, I'd say that's probably fair - and not necessary even as a dig at Rodgers either; pretty sure Aspas was injured a bit during the autumn of that season, and I think it's understandable why Rodgers would have been loathe to change a winning formula during the spring. From what I recall, Suarez & Sturridge were pretty much ever-present during the second half of the season and the emerging talents of Sterling & Coutinho tended to swap in and out a bit.

The problem I had with it wasn't that he wasn't involved that season as Suarez and Sturridge were locks but everyone knew Suarez was leaving so why get rid of Aspas when an opportunity was going to be there for him to fight for a spot, instead we got rid and signed Balotelli  :o :no

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2022, 03:54:02 pm »
This is a harsh post, so I apologize in advance. But Naby Keita's shot in the final has finally replaced Aspas' corner kick as the most WTF-LOL moment for me. :)
I am still laughing at both! Its not always about lifting the cups, it is also about the funny moments!!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
This is a harsh post, so I apologize in advance. But Naby Keita's shot in the final has finally replaced Aspas' corner kick as the most WTF-LOL moment for me. :)
I am still laughing at both! Its not always about lifting the cups, it is also about the funny moments!!

Don't forget Lovren's long range attempt in the FA Cup semifinal against Villa, 2015.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #367 on: June 1, 2022, 07:14:50 pm »
Don't forget Lovren's long range attempt in the FA Cup semifinal against Villa, 2015.

Wish I had.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #368 on: June 6, 2022, 12:24:12 pm »
The problem I had with it wasn't that he wasn't involved that season as Suarez and Sturridge were locks but everyone knew Suarez was leaving so why get rid of Aspas when an opportunity was going to be there for him to fight for a spot, instead we got rid and signed Balotelli  :o :no

I think Aspas was quite homesick. Which is a shame, because he proved he was a hell of a player at Celta.

Offline davegc

• Kemlynite