Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people  (Read 106009 times)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
« Reply #680 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:18 am »
The suicide theory makes little sense when you consider the plane's manoeuvring - and especially the timing of those manoeuvres - in the couple of hours after take-off.

I still believe that the plane made a landing somewhere (Banda Aceh?) to remove something, before the plane took back off again and flew onwards to its inevitable doom

I don’t how anyone reads the investigatory evidence and concludes that, it’s clear it was done at the hands of the pilot, the satellite data places it in certain areas at certain times, nothing points to it landing at all.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: June 20, 2019, 11:42:32 am »
http://jeffwise.net/mh370-scenario-with-a-landing-at-banda-aceh-by-victor-iannello-august-23-2014/

That is batshit :lmao

I love that he has largely used the account of one questionable witness (the British woman) about a low flying plane or jet, yet thinks that a B777 is going to land at a fucking international airport and escape unnoticed by a single eyewitness in a province of 5 million people!

And the suggestion of a second plane coming to pick up the 'cargo' being a jumbo jet :lmao subtle, perfect for smugglers

At least they acknowledge that it's highly speculative, and obviously a lot more is known now than five years ago.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:47:26 am by Classycara »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: June 20, 2019, 12:21:28 pm »
http://jeffwise.net/mh370-scenario-with-a-landing-at-banda-aceh-by-victor-iannello-august-23-2014/
Crap. I really was hoping that it was a joke.

I make no apologies for not reading through that flight of fancy, as it were. Life's too short for such insanity.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #684 on: June 20, 2019, 02:26:30 pm »
Crap. I really was hoping that it was a joke.

I make no apologies for not reading through that flight of fancy, as it were. Life's too short for such insanity.

Some of the comments are hilarious - one says that it would be less complex than a bank robbery because it involves 3 planes whereas a bank robbery might use more than 4 cars...   3 is less than 4 so... er...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: June 20, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »
Some of the comments are hilarious - one says that it would be less complex than a bank robbery because it involves 3 planes whereas a bank robbery might use more than 4 cars...   3 is less than 4 so... er...
Dammit. You are teasing me into going and read it now. :)
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: June 20, 2019, 03:01:09 pm »
Dammit. You are teasing me into going and read it now. :)
Read it. It was as I expected: insanity. Most of those commenters appear to live in a different reality to the rest of us.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: June 20, 2019, 03:03:58 pm »
The self loathing of the west and its governments, in a case where the Malaysian government has at best obstructed the search for truth and Australia has lead the response (I think they are counted as 'the west' by them), is always fascinating.

Probably a psychiatrists dream.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #688 on: December 4, 2021, 08:35:11 am »
A new hope that they may have located the crash site..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59517821
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: March 13, 2023, 11:29:29 am »
3 part show on Netflix

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: March 13, 2023, 12:00:03 pm »
3 part show on Netflix
Watchable, but absolutely full of shite and missing key information. They will interview absolutely anyone who thinks it's a conspiracy. My favourite bit was that random middle aged woman from Florida who thought she had pictures of the plane but were quite clearly clouds (and have been analysed already).

The following article is an excellent summary of the events and discusses the various theories as to what happened (ultimately determining that murder-suicide by Captain Zaharie is the only logical and quite convincing explanation). I'd recommend reading, it's a really nicely put together article.
https://admiralcloudberg.medium.com/call-of-the-void-seven-years-on-what-do-we-know-about-the-disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-77fa5244bf99

I do hope there's another search effort in the near future. I often think how horrendous this must be for the families.

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #691 on: March 13, 2023, 12:45:59 pm »
The Netflix doc was interesting at first but lost me when it became fixated on conspiracy theories with little or no evidence to support them.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: March 13, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »
Watchable, but absolutely full of shite and missing key information.
Ah that's a shame, I'll swerve it then.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: March 13, 2023, 03:44:58 pm »
Watchable, but absolutely full of shite and missing key information. They will interview absolutely anyone who thinks it's a conspiracy. My favourite bit was that random middle aged woman from Florida who thought she had pictures of the plane but were quite clearly clouds (and have been analysed already).

The following article is an excellent summary of the events and discusses the various theories as to what happened (ultimately determining that murder-suicide by Captain Zaharie is the only logical and quite convincing explanation). I'd recommend reading, it's a really nicely put together article.
https://admiralcloudberg.medium.com/call-of-the-void-seven-years-on-what-do-we-know-about-the-disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-77fa5244bf99

I do hope there's another search effort in the near future. I often think how horrendous this must be for the families.

Thanks for the link. I watched the Netflix documentary and got frustrated with the conspiracy theories. I was sympathetic to Ghyslain Wattrelos - can't begin to imagine what it's like to lose your wife and two kids like this, so I get where he's coming from because he's desperate for answers. The others, less so. Can only hope for some news for those poor families.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: March 13, 2023, 05:07:37 pm »
Thanks for the link. I watched the Netflix documentary and got frustrated with the conspiracy theories. I was sympathetic to Ghyslain Wattrelos - can't begin to imagine what it's like to lose your wife and two kids like this, so I get where he's coming from because he's desperate for answers. The others, less so. Can only hope for some news for those poor families.
A lot of Netflix 'documentaries' are utter crap, conspiracy nonsense.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #695 on: March 13, 2023, 05:09:16 pm »
Saw the documentary too, the American guy and the french lady are all out nutters.

The American fella made some absolutely ludicrous claims, even by conspiracy theorist standards.

Phuk yoo

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: March 13, 2023, 05:10:09 pm »
Saw the documentary too, the American guy and the french lady are all out nutters.

The American fella made some absolutely ludicrous claims, even by conspiracy theorist standards.
Damn you! You are now making it sound entertaining.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #697 on: March 13, 2023, 05:13:06 pm »
Damn you! You are now making it sound entertaining.

Watch it for the lulz.
Phuk yoo

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: March 13, 2023, 05:15:02 pm »
Didn't they find a flight simulator at the pilots house, with records of him doing this flight on there? The conspiracy theories I've come across just get more ridiculous, so many people are still convinced it's at Diego Garcia. Where did the random bits of debris come from then? The trajectory at which the plane went into the water is the biggest mystery, there's no way the wings and engines don't disintegrate upon impact.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #699 on: March 13, 2023, 05:20:05 pm »
Didn't they find a flight simulator at the pilots house, with records of him doing this flight on there? The conspiracy theories I've come across just get more ridiculous, so many people are still convinced it's at Diego Garcia. Where did the random bits of debris come from then? The trajectory at which the plane went into the water is the biggest mystery, there's no way the wings and engines don't disintegrate upon impact.

The NTSB analysed all the simulator data and found nothing 'wrong' or unusual in it. The documentary made it seem 'important', but it is not.

Nobody knows what trajectory the plane followed while crashing into the water. Depending on the speed, all that could be left is small pieces of debris scattered all over the place. Searching an ocean isn't exactly easy.
The fact of the matter is we will never know until we find the black box and the FDR and even then we might not know.

Phuk yoo

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2023, 06:40:48 pm »
A lot of Netflix 'documentaries' are utter crap, conspiracy nonsense.

Thanks for the heads up. I like documentaries but I haven't watched many on Netflix - I liked Beyond The Curve. They do seem to follow a formula though from what I've seen.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #701 on: March 13, 2023, 07:14:49 pm »
I watched it last week, started off good with the first episode but the second and third are shockingly bad, conspiracy based nonsense at best with more holes in them then a sieve.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #702 on: March 13, 2023, 10:47:59 pm »
I watched it last week, started off good with the first episode but the second and third are shockingly bad, conspiracy based nonsense at best with more holes in them then a sieve.

So it was either the pilot, the Russians or the Yanks!

If it had run to four episodes the Chinese lads would surely have been in the frame as well.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #703 on: March 14, 2023, 10:30:17 am »

This guy and his story made me legit emotional, cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose your wife and 2 children without knowing what happened, just like that, in the blink of an eye.

Horrible.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: March 15, 2023, 09:57:39 am »
This guy and his story made me legit emotional, cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose your wife and 2 children without knowing what happened, just like that, in the blink of an eye.

Horrible.

I have no idea how you even begin to come to terms with it - it's devastating. To then have someone feed him dodgy info is why he is where he is.

The conspiracy theories are frustrating but it makes it a documentary of our times I guess.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2023, 11:49:06 am »
The NTSB analysed all the simulator data and found nothing 'wrong' or unusual in it. The documentary made it seem 'important', but it is not.

Nobody knows what trajectory the plane followed while crashing into the water. Depending on the speed, all that could be left is small pieces of debris scattered all over the place. Searching an ocean isn't exactly easy.
The fact of the matter is we will never know until we find the black box and the FDR and even then we might not know.
I'd like to know their thought process behind this conclusion because the simulation literally has him turning away from the South China Sea, up the Straight of Malacca and then fast-forwards to the remote Southern Indian Ocean.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2023, 01:34:16 pm »
I'd like to know their thought process behind this conclusion because the simulation literally has him turning away from the South China Sea, up the Straight of Malacca and then fast-forwards to the remote Southern Indian Ocean.

I think what they showed in the documentary was misleading. Let me try to find some credible sources on what was actually found in the pilots hard drive.
Phuk yoo

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2023, 01:38:59 pm »

Does it ?, The information I remember seeing basically suggested that the simulator couldn't provide a direct path but gave 'points' that couldn't be determined if it was from the same session.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2023, 04:25:32 pm »
Credible sources in the link I posted above.

Even if the simulation provided 'points' it's still suspicious considering the direction and ultimately where it ended up. Why is any airline pilot flying a simulator to the most remote area on Earth?

If he did do it, and a lot of what we know points in that direction, performing a 'test flight' and then deleting the file seems like a good idea.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2023, 05:56:23 pm »

Even if the simulation provided 'points' it's still suspicious considering the direction and ultimately where it ended up. Why is any airline pilot flying a simulator to the most remote area on Earth?

If he did do it, and a lot of what we know points in that direction, performing a 'test flight' and then deleting the file seems like a good idea.

I’m not a pilot but that makes no sense to me. Why would he need to practice flying to the middle of nowhere? He was a very experienced pilot so should know how much fuel he has and how far and how long he could fly for I would imagine without having to do a simulation?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #710 on: March 15, 2023, 06:18:18 pm »

No, I mean just 'points', so there was one in the ocean, one off the coast n stuff, the key info being they don't know if these 'points' are from the same session or if they signify the direction of the plane, with multiple other points also, elsewhere on the planet.  Saying saying he took off and followed the same route, as depicted in the netflix show, doesnt tell the whole truth.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:20:00 pm by losCHUNK »

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #711 on: March 16, 2023, 02:39:39 pm »
Haven't seen the netflix doc, but that Lemmino guy has a good one on youtube. Pretty non sensationalist overview of everything that we know.

It really is a mad story, you'd think one satellite would've spotted it even by accident. Tragic for the families who will probably never know.
YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: March 16, 2023, 03:10:28 pm »
I might be a complete idiot, but how exactly is black box so hard to find?
Isn't it made to float, survive a crash and beam some sort of a signal?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 03:12:14 pm by Zlen »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #713 on: March 16, 2023, 03:23:57 pm »

If the plane  is at the bottom of a ravine there is a possibility that the black box may not have been easy found - and they have a limited battery life as well.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #714 on: March 16, 2023, 03:42:13 pm »

1. It may be stuck in wreckage and not be able to float to the top.

2. Even if it did, the battery that it uses to ping the signal only lasts 30 days (law changed after this to 90 days) so now it would have to wash up somewhere and that could take months or years depending on currents and such.

Apparently Ocean Infinity have submitted again to search again with their newer tech and automated fleet, again on a no find, no fee (it's a good trial/demo for them either way) but don't think Malaysia has taken them up on it.

No, I mean just 'points', so there was one in the ocean, one off the coast n stuff, the key info being they don't know if these 'points' are from the same session or if they signify the direction of the plane, with multiple other points also, elsewhere on the planet.  Saying saying he took off and followed the same route, as depicted in the netflix show, doesnt tell the whole truth.

This article points out apparent facts from the guys simulator and computer and the theory is murder-suicide:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:00:06 pm by PhilV »

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: March 16, 2023, 05:11:48 pm »
Episode 1, 29 mins in. "I couldn't even understand what he was saying. This guy clearly knew what he was talking about." I lost it :lmao :lmao
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #716 on: March 16, 2023, 06:29:18 pm »

It is supposed to survive a crash and all the forces that are connected with that (including explosions, severe impact after a fall, fire). That's not really helping in making a device that is supposed to float. It's probably a question of weight, but you probably wouldn't want to have loads of air in there as air means that all the recording stuff and the electronics in there has room to break free and fall around inside the box most likely damaging the equipment and the data stored on it. Maybe you could attach some external floating devices that deploy, if a crash is detected, but at the end of the day, you  still could be sure whether that would actually work depending on the circumstances of the crash and it might also not be very cost effective. At the end of the day, most of the time you know the location of a plane crash and the black box should be "easy enough" to find with the signal it sends out (or by just looking through the debris, if it's a crash on land). Having a plane crash and not knowing it's location is the exception rather than the rule so therefore it might not be worth the effort to find solutions for those cases and maybe create other issues with that.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: March 16, 2023, 09:47:03 pm »
I’m not a pilot but that makes no sense to me. Why would he need to practice flying to the middle of nowhere? He was a very experienced pilot so should know how much fuel he has and how far and how long he could fly for I would imagine without having to do a simulation?
The timings, the waypoints he’d have to enter to make that path over Malaysia and then through the straight of Malacca, and then the heading he’d have to enter from there to end up in the most remote part of the Indian Ocean and avoid Australian airspace. Makes sense to do a dry run.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2023, 01:09:25 am »

Thanks for posting this, an excellent informative read.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2023, 07:02:57 am »
Thanks for posting this, an excellent informative read.

Same, I read it a couple of days ago, very informative
Thinking is overrated.