Author Topic: Atletico Madrid  (Read 31155 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atletico Madrid
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 05:18:11 pm »
United should have gone for Simeone instead of Moyes

why would they? They just appointed manager who hasn't won anything but a winner ;D

Never seen them play but as always rooting for the underdog. A three horse race is better than a two horse race.  Just hope Simeone could break the stranglehold of the 2 giants like a certain spaniard did with Valencia. 

They do look like a good squad with Costa, Villa and Courtois some of the notable ones.

Offline Milkay Gundog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 05:18:30 pm »
Europa League is not the same with the CL. Just in case you need reminding. I didn't compare the two teams per se btw. Was more comparing that both teams were huge underdogs and some believed they can reach the CL final and win it.

I also think you should limit the Atletico wanking a bit. You're so high on their performances and results (which admittedly have been superb) but somehow you have translated that to a very possible CL success.

Finally how many teams of Atletico's stature have won the CL all these years? Yeah I know history doesn't play football but a look at the CL winners is telling.
Dortmund got to the final last year and for me Atletico are just as good as Dortmund, Porto is another side who had success in the Uefa Cup and then when onto win the Champions League.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:21:03 pm by Ilkay Gundogan »

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:43 pm »
When we won it in 05 even our own captain was saying we wouldn't half way through the competition that year. Teams can win coming out of nowhere. I don't think they will and it's unlikely but only as much as Porto and Monaco contesting the final that year, us winning it etc.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 10:26:36 am »
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 10:14:12 am »
:lmao

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQAFnLb8BbM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQAFnLb8BbM</a>
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 10:18:17 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQAFnLb8BbM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQAFnLb8BbM</a>
:D just can't help himself can he the dirty bastard

Offline Milkay Gundog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 06:52:13 pm »

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »
http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/5455/international-football/2013/10/30/4368666/diego-costa-to-play-for-spain
Costa declares for Spain any thoughts ?

It just feels wrong. You think of someone as a brazilian for years and then he will play for Spain suddenly? Will be hard to get used to.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »
Yup it just feels wrong but Brazil have always undermined him. He probably doesn't feel respected there, bloody hell even Jo is ahead of him. He only has two substitute appearances in meaningless friendlies for them and ALWAYS gets overlooked in important matches. Scolari started talking only when Diego 'threatened' to play for Spain.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:23 am »
Yup it just feels wrong but Brazil have always undermined him. He probably doesn't feel respected there, bloody hell even Jo is ahead of him. He only has two substitute appearances in meaningless friendlies for them and ALWAYS gets overlooked in important matches. Scolari started talking only when Diego 'threatened' to play for Spain.
But is that a big enough reason to change your national allegiance?

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 01:59:19 am »

Marcos Senna  --- its been done before, how did you feel about him playing for Spain? -switching countries.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:51 am »
Don't see anyone moaning about half the German national team, Pepe or Deco playing for other nations.

Diego Costa is 25, Brazil have had ages to play him, and its their own fault for alienating him. The only person who gets to decide how Brazilian or Spanish he feels is himself.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:30:01 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 03:08:14 am »
Don't see anyone moaning about half the German national team, Pepe or Deco playing for other nations.

Diego Costa is 25, Brazil have had ages to play him, and its their own fault for alienating him. The only person who gets to decide how Brazilian or Spanish he feels is himself.

He played for Brazil in some friendlies a couple of months ago, it's a strange case.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 03:11:14 am »

wtf was that?
YNWA

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 03:30:52 am »
Scolari's such a Hypocrite. This same debate, word for word, was had with Deco, Scolari calling him when SCOLARI HIMSELF is brazilian, then manager of Portugal. And now he goes all high horse and denounces Costa. Hilarious and sad old man, he's just shit scared that Costa will score the winning goal in a Brazil-Spain final.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 04:54:43 am »
Scolari's such a Hypocrite. This same debate, word for word, was had with Deco, Scolari calling him when SCOLARI HIMSELF is brazilian, then manager of Portugal. And now he goes all high horse and denounces Costa. Hilarious and sad old man, he's just shit scared that Costa will score the winning goal in a Brazil-Spain final.

Imagine if that did happen and he hadn't kicked up a fuss. Smart by Scolari
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 06:04:53 am »

Love how the kid starts flipping him the finger when he's on the floor. ;D

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:27 am »

Ofcourse not. But when you look at it from his perspective. He has been living in spain since 17 years old, never once played for a Brazilian club and has Spanish citizenship. If he has adopted Spain as his home nation and feels loyal to them then i see no reason why shouldn't be allowed to represent them. Everyday doctors, engineers and millions of people in other professions adopt new nationality and change sides. Ironically Scolari was the one who called up Deco to represent Portugal when he was the coach. This is a player who unlike Diego started his career in Brazil.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »
Scolari's been disrespectful and honestly, why are Fred and Jo picked ahead of him? It's unbelievable given his form over the last 18 months, and Brazil's lack of a World Class striker. Costa may well feel that Spain is his home and that that is where he'd best flourish in the international game. Soldado, Torres, Llorente, Negredo. None of them are exactly setting the world alight. I'd pick Costa over them.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 1, 2013, 04:29:48 am »
Ofcourse not. But when you look at it from his perspective. He has been living in spain since 17 years old, never once played for a Brazilian club and has Spanish citizenship. If he has adopted Spain as his home nation and feels loyal to them then i see no reason why shouldn't be allowed to represent them. Everyday doctors, engineers and millions of people in other professions adopt new nationality and change sides. Ironically Scolari was the one who called up Deco to represent Portugal when he was the coach. This is a player who unlike Diego started his career in Brazil.
Scolari is a hypocrite alright. But you say Costa has been living in Spain since 17 years old. Is that actually true? 19, based on wiki, no?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 1, 2013, 04:32:59 am »
Scolari's been disrespectful and honestly, why are Fred and Jo picked ahead of him? It's unbelievable given his form over the last 18 months, and Brazil's lack of a World Class striker. Costa may well feel that Spain is his home and that that is where he'd best flourish in the international game. Soldado, Torres, Llorente, Negredo. None of them are exactly setting the world alight. I'd pick Costa over them.
I'd say Negredo and Michu are doing quite well. Even Torres, despite his poor scoring record, isn't shit.

IMO, reigning world and European champions shouldn't do this kind of thing. I firmly believe that the game will be won or lost in midfield given how Spain play. So it's a question of how Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso will do in WC. It's a question whether Javi Martinez and Cesc have to start. Obviously, having a great striker is never a bad thing, though.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 1, 2013, 08:18:39 am »
Scolari is a hypocrite alright. But you say Costa has been living in Spain since 17 years old. Is that actually true? 19, based on wiki, no?

Yes 19 its is, my bad. Same thing really though.

I'd say Negredo and Michu are doing quite well. Even Torres, despite his poor scoring record, isn't shit.

IMO, reigning world and European champions shouldn't do this kind of thing
. I firmly believe that the game will be won or lost in midfield given how Spain play. So it's a question of how Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso will do in WC. It's a question whether Javi Martinez and Cesc have to start. Obviously, having a great striker is never a bad thing, though.

Spain have done nothing wrong. This was entirely his decision. No one forced him to sign up.

Offline Milkay Gundog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: November 1, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »
Not only to Costa he's been disrespectful to all the Brazilian Aletico players, Miranda not getting into squads constantly is a joke as well as Filipe Luís not being in the starting eleven despite him being the second best full back in the world right now is a joke too. I think Scolari has it really in for Aletico players otherwise all these 3 outstanding players would be in his squad all the time, I believe Costa is right to switch his allegiances to Spain if shite players like those mentioned above are getting in ahead of him who can blame the guy no one.       

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 1, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »
Not only to Costa he's been disrespectful to all the Brazilian Aletico players, Miranda not getting into squads constantly is a joke as well as Filipe Luís not being in the starting eleven despite him being the second best full back in the world right now is a joke too. I think Scolari has it really in for Aletico players otherwise all these 3 outstanding players would be in his squad all the time, I believe Costa is right to switch his allegiances to Spain if shite players like those mentioned above are getting in ahead of him who can blame the guy no one.       

Maybe just maybe, cause they have the best center back in the world in Thiago silva playing for them aswell as European cup winning center backs in David Luiz and Dante too? Filipe Luis isn't even the best left back in Madrid let alone the second best full back in the world, Marcelo is far better than him especially going forward, maxwell inclusion I will say is strange.

Costa when he did play for Brazil in those friendlies didn't play well at all which why he hasn't been getting picked. It's up to him what he does, but he probably should have given Brazil one last shot and played well enough on the pitch so he couldn't get dropped. Is he even guaranteed a start for Spain?

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 1, 2013, 05:08:44 pm »
It just feels wrong. You think of someone as a brazilian for years and then he will play for Spain suddenly? Will be hard to get used to.

Yeah it's weird, happy to play for Brazil in March yet is now apparently Spanish and only wants to play for Spain. He's within his rights of course, no rules broken but it's a bit daft.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 1, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »
Maybe just maybe, cause they have the best center back in the world in Thiago silva playing for them aswell as European cup winning center backs in David Luiz and Dante too? Filipe Luis isn't even the best left back in Madrid let alone the second best full back in the world, Marcelo is far better than him especially going forward, maxwell inclusion I will say is strange.

Costa when he did play for Brazil in those friendlies didn't play well at all which why he hasn't been getting picked. It's up to him what he does, but he probably should have given Brazil one last shot and played well enough on the pitch so he couldn't get dropped. Is he even guaranteed a start for Spain?

That's not true. Costa got to play a  grand total of 30 minutes in two games, barely got a touch of the ball. Nowhere near enough to judge a player. I agree about Felipe, he's a very good player but Marcelo has a higher ceiling. Mind you Felipe has been far more consistent than him if you take the last 3 years into account.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #66 on: April 9, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »
Bump.

Was going to start a new topic, but a quick search found this.

Congratulations on reaching the Champions League semi finals, I can't think of at team that deserves it more.

I love them, they are wonderful.  They are only a few games from shattering the Real Madrid/Barcelona Duopoly and they have a lot in common with us these last few years

I've been to their ground twice and been made to feel welcome in their stadium and their city both times.

The last time I went they held up a mosaic in the home end which read 'we will be champions again'.  They were nowhere at the time, further from the title than even we were, because Real/Barca are a very different proposition from the slime littering our own league, I thought it was amazing and couldn't muster any hatred when that c*nt Forlan scored.  Their matchgoing fans are magic, and from afar they are definitely my second team. VIVA ATLETICO DE MADRID!

I would love nothing more than to meet them in the Champions League next season, with both teams champions.  It would be even better if they were Champions of Europe as well. 

Good luck boys.  You're going to win the fucker.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 9, 2014, 11:31:22 pm »
^ Well said RedRedTom.

I really want them to win the league. It would be great to see a team break the Real Madrid/Barcelona duopoly.

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 9, 2014, 11:31:55 pm »
I meant the CL but yes, I hope they win both.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 9, 2014, 11:36:36 pm »
I meant the CL but yes, I hope they win both.
Oh yeah, if they can do the double then it would be incredible! It won't be easy but they're capable of doing it. I was surprised to see a couple of people writing them off against Barcelona in the Champions League. They've held their own against them domestically this season. The thing for me in the league is that another team does need to win it. Even if it is just for one season. It would be nice to just see someone different winning it and there is no denying that they would be worthy champions. Since Valencia last won it in 2003-04, it has either been Real Madrid or Barcelona. It will make a nice change if they can do it.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 9, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »
Hope they win la liga and the cl
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:27 am »
I hope they draw Chelsea.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 12:25:05 am »
Will be backing them to win. 
No time for caution.

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 12:25:32 am »
Just stuck a tenner on them at 5/1.  Come on lads.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:40 am »

"We don´t have to be better than the others, just do thing betters than them."

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2014, 12:27:56 am »
Too mainstream to be hipsters?  ???
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2014, 12:31:51 am »
Had them down as dark horses since November-ish, wish I'd put money on it! Said it was going to be an all German final last year after the draw was made, that was good odds as well. The good bets are always the ones you don't make.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2014, 12:37:50 am »
Since there is this thing about CL that no manager will catch paisley's 3, I guess this is Atleti's CL to lose now ;)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2014, 12:44:27 am »
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  5m
Atletico would have to pay 6m euros to play Courtois against Chelsea.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:00 am »
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  5m
Atletico would have to pay 6m euros to play Courtois against Chelsea.
:o :butt :rash