Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 370369 times)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3440 on: November 1, 2021, 05:28:03 pm »
Is it not......from how he got out of the Sarlacc? ..is it just old Boba Fett?

Pretty sure there's an old Legends novel trilogy plus a Dengar short story that go into that - nothing more complicated than firing all of his suit weapons up and climbing sand as he went.

This is going to be part of the post-RotJ 'cinematic universe', dovetailing with Mandalorian, Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic, so it sort of has to sit in the same part of the timeline. I think it will depart from the feel of the Mandalorian (or at least take it over) as that will now feature more about the Darksaber and fight for the planet.

Given this show is all underworld-y I wonder if they'll re-use any ideas from whatever movies were supposed to follow Solo. There isn't a canonical date for when Solo takes place, but it's about a 20 years gap to where we are in the TV timeline, so I suppose they could just slot Qi'ra in easily enough as a rival crime lord.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2021, 05:42:37 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3441 on: November 1, 2021, 06:00:43 pm »
Yeah, very Godfather-y vibes
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JohnAkers

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3442 on: November 3, 2021, 02:08:26 pm »
I've always been a huge fan of Star Wars, and the way they've revolutionized CGI in the cinema and built a legacy is quite remarkable. As an aspiring graphic designer, I can tell how difficult it was to create such visuals, and films like Star Wars help us understand how high the stakes are and how hard we have to work to be a part of such legacies.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3443 on: November 3, 2021, 05:24:12 pm »
I've always been a huge fan of Star Wars, and the way they've revolutionized CGI in the cinema and built a legacy is quite remarkable. As an aspiring graphic designer, I can tell how difficult it was to create such visuals, and films like Star Wars help us understand how high the stakes are and how hard we have to work to be a part of such legacies.
That's a fabulous first post here. Welcome aboard.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3444 on: November 4, 2021, 10:16:29 pm »
Important to remember how SW affected special effects, practical, visual, digital etc.

When the first film came out Lucas and his people did something never attempted. Literally nobody had ever seen anything like it before. For all their innovations, the two subsequent trilogies have not been anywhere near as groundbreaking.

That's not meant as a slight against them (for once!)  It's just a reflection of how the industry is now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3445 on: November 5, 2021, 06:18:41 pm »
That's a fabulous first post here. Welcome aboard.
Or is he shilling for that link? We shall see in the anticipated second post.
Important to remember how SW affected special effects, practical, visual, digital etc.

When the first film came out Lucas and his people did something never attempted. Literally nobody had ever seen anything like it before. For all their innovations, the two subsequent trilogies have not been anywhere near as groundbreaking.

That's not meant as a slight against them (for once!)  It's just a reflection of how the industry is now.
Jurassic Park suffered a similar fate. The sequels were still successful enough to keep going, but all built off the legacy of that first film.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3446 on: November 5, 2021, 07:27:39 pm »

It was brilliant being 10 and seeing that Star Destroyer fly over your head in the Odeon on the huge screen.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3447 on: November 5, 2021, 08:07:55 pm »
Or is he shilling for that link? We shall see in the anticipated second post.Jurassic Park suffered a similar fate. The sequels were still successful enough to keep going, but all built off the legacy of that first film.
Fair point. I didn't click it
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3448 on: November 5, 2021, 08:08:16 pm »
It was brilliant being 10 and seeing that Star Destroyer fly over your head in the Odeon on the huge screen.
I guess Harry macguire missed out on that experience

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: November 8, 2021, 09:55:34 pm »

I wasn't old enough to experience that as a child (I wasn't even five when the movie came out) but the scene still gives me chills as an adult.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3450 on: November 29, 2021, 02:00:07 pm »

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy

^ If you're interested in simply asking for the option to have an official release of the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Original Trilogy made available, please do... If not, no worries. :thumbup

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy | OriginalTrilogy.com's enduring goal | How you can help...

^ The OriginalTrilogy.com supporting the #ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy campaign - the call for an official release of the unaltered theatrical version of the three classic Star Wars films - and what YOU can do to help restore them to the galaxy.

Disney+ Should Offer the Star Wars Original Cuts — All of Them - an article at the Wired website.

What We Want And How To Make It - an article at the Star Wars Visual Comparisons website

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy is not about the ‘theatrical cut vs the various special editions’ or which is ‘the best’, ‘preferred’, ‘canon’ or ‘definitive’ version. It is simply about giving the fans the opportunity to own and view any & all of the differing versions of the Original Trilogy - whilst also affording landmark and pioneering film history to be once again enjoyed and experienced by everyone.

A 4K/UHD physical media official release of the unaltered Original Trilogy could easily and clearly be labelled as ‘non-canon’, ‘Legends’ or ‘Essential Legends’ etc - like countless other official Star Wars content over time is now being re-labelled, re-released and re-sold. 

The unaltered theatrical version could even be easily released on the ‘Vintage Collection’ up on Disney+ - and it would have no bearing on the Special Editions being the ‘official’ or ‘default’ version, or being George Lucas' preferred 'vision'.

Many of us already have awesome fan preservations such as Harmy’s Despecialized Editions and TN1’s 4KXX Trilogy (4K80 coming soon) - which are truly amazing. Yet an official release of the unaltered classic cuts would both be easily and readily available for every Star Wars fan (whether in-store, online, or up on the Disney+ streaming platform) - not just the relatively small number of people online who are know about these quality fan endeavours - and those who are also capable & able to obtain these beautiful fan-made projects.

https://twitter.com/StarWarsVisComp : https://starwarsviscomp.wordpress.com : https://twitter.com/originaltrilogy : https://originaltrilogy.com

The 'Naysayer Guide’ by people who DON'T want an unaltered theatrical release of the Original Trilogy  ;) (at the OriginalTrilogy.com)

« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 05:34:18 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3451 on: December 9, 2021, 07:59:51 pm »

'The Return | The Book of Boba Fett | Disney+' (a 1 minute official video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bi9GRafMz2E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bi9GRafMz2E</a>

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3452 on: December 9, 2021, 11:08:43 pm »
What's on the originals that isn't canon?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: December 10, 2021, 07:48:14 pm »
I wasn't old enough to experience that as a child (I wasn't even five when the movie came out) but the scene still gives me chills as an adult.

I still love it now, couldn't wait for my kids to see it, shame they won't get to see it on a huge screen like I did.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3454 on: December 29, 2021, 10:57:17 am »
Enjoyed the first episode of Boba Fett, although it is fairly short, 40 minutes or so. Just wish it wasnt weekly.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #3455 on: December 29, 2021, 07:38:07 pm »
Thought The Book of Boba Fett was no different to The Mandalorian.  Same settings and same story with the Tusken  raiders.  I really enjoyed The Mandalorian after the shite that was the sequels but they need some new ideas. 

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3456 on: December 29, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
It was episode 1 of a tv show.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: December 29, 2021, 07:42:41 pm »
I still love it now, couldn't wait for my kids to see it, shame they won't get to see it on a huge screen like I did.

Well I did see it on the Odeon when the Special Edition came out in 1997, and yes it made all the difference. Your kids may see it on the big screen yet!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: December 29, 2021, 11:43:51 pm »
Eckhart's Ladder reviews the first episode of Boba Fett. Spoilers of course.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ahMPG5xqEhQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ahMPG5xqEhQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3459 on: December 30, 2021, 11:35:54 am »
It was episode 1 of a tv show.

Pithy. I like it.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3460 on: December 30, 2021, 12:02:47 pm »
Pithy. I like it.

well there seems to be a habit these days of massively overanalysing everything, especially star wars.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3461 on: December 30, 2021, 12:14:54 pm »
I liked it, it could've had more but its at an even more slow-burn pace than Mandalorian it seems. After many years and several generations of shit, this Mandoverse is what Star Wars should have been all along.

Looking forward to the interesting crew/entourage he'll have by the end of the season. 7 eps in total.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3462 on: December 31, 2021, 11:13:46 am »
Not the start I expected from the trailers, but it'll no doubt get there. Depending on what happens, it could have been a good idea to put episodes 1 and 2 online together, but no matter.

I guess if they run too far with him just blowing people away from the get go, casual SW fans who remember RotJ will keep asking the question of how come he isn't dead. Bacta tank dreams make sense as a way to fill in the gaps, for now. And given the way Filoni tends to put things together, I'm expecting the developed mutual respect with the Tusken Raiders to lead to them assisting him towards the season finale, too.

After the slowly unfolding horror show that was the sequel trilogy (and, whilst I didn't hate Solo, I have to say I've never bothered watching it again) it's surprising that they've got Star Wars back on an upward path so quickly, but then Filoni has been working miracles for over a decade, first redeeming aspects of the Prequels and now bulldozing Disney's failures aside (and angering Karen Traviss by tearing her awful depictions of Mandalorians straight out of canon into the bargain. Third edge of the blade, get lost).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: January 1, 2022, 01:01:13 am »

The 'Naysayer Guide’ by people who DON'T want an unaltered theatrical release of the Original Trilogy  ;) (at the OriginalTrilogy.com)

Alongside putting out the theatrical versions as an option on D+, it'd be nice to see a version that used the updated special effects, but skipped the added or significantly changed scenes, stuff like adding more X-wings in the Death Star battle and making Mos Eisley look bigger and more alive were both improvements that didn't harm the content.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3464 on: January 1, 2022, 01:37:09 am »
Alongside putting out the theatrical versions as an option on D+, it'd be nice to see a version that used the updated special effects, but skipped the added or significantly changed scenes, stuff like adding more X-wings in the Death Star battle and making Mos Eisley look bigger and more alive were both improvements that didn't harm the content.

Fan Edits such as Adywan's quality 'Star Wars Revisited' do just this - and are well worth a watch, mate - https://swrevisited.wordpress.com

Adywan also fixed many of the errors that Lucasfilm have still not addressed in their four Special Edition versions so far (released in 1997, 2004, 2011, and 2019).

'Battle of Hoth - Adywan Revisited VS Blu-Ray' (a 2 minute clip):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z6rLam9brDI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z6rLam9brDI</a>

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3465 on: January 1, 2022, 12:01:20 pm »
The colour on that second one is so much better

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3466 on: January 1, 2022, 01:00:30 pm »

Yeah, the colouring for Lucasfilm's official releases in 2004 and 2011 really left a lot to be desired (as well as detail lost from the image; ie Vader's chestplate):-

Fans, either doing preservations projects, or edits, have done a far better job than Lucasfilm and their subcontractors did (to be fair to the subcontractors... they were under a lot of pressure and had very limited time to complete their work for the official releases).
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 01:07:17 pm by oojason »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: January 1, 2022, 01:15:36 pm »
Where do the various series rate? Speaking as an original trilogy (and in particular ESB) fan who hated the prequels and has been weaned off anything SW-related since the prequels. I thought Phantom Menace was vanilla gee-whiz blockbuster with zero charm, Attack of the Clones was painfully bad especially when it tried to be serious, and Revenge of the Sith couldn't make up the goodwill that the other two squandered.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3468 on: January 1, 2022, 04:17:54 pm »
Where do the various series rate? Speaking as an original trilogy (and in particular ESB) fan who hated the prequels and has been weaned off anything SW-related since the prequels. I thought Phantom Menace was vanilla gee-whiz blockbuster with zero charm, Attack of the Clones was painfully bad especially when it tried to be serious, and Revenge of the Sith couldn't make up the goodwill that the other two squandered.

Just my opinion, and I have no love for the Empire Prequels... The Mandalorian is well worth a watch - it has an Original Trilogy vibe and feel, features simple stories told well. It really feels like a worthy follow-on series and believable setting in the post-ROTJ era.

We've only had one episode of The Book Of Boba Fett so far - yet that same aesthetic and OT-tone is there too.

Unlike the Prequels... less is more.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 04:26:44 pm by oojason »

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3469 on: January 1, 2022, 04:36:07 pm »
Just my opinion, and I have no love for the Empire Prequels... The Mandalorian is well worth a watch - it has an Original Trilogy vibe and feel, features simple stories told well. It really feels like a worthy follow-on series and believable setting in the post-ROTJ era.

We've only had one episode of The Book Of Boba Fett so far - yet that same aesthetic and OT-tone is there too.

Unlike the Prequels... less is more.

I would echo that The Mandalorian is by far the best thing to come out of Star Wars since the OT, and would add that the second series actually manages to outshine the first, some of the scenes feel both retro and fresh at the same time.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3470 on: January 1, 2022, 05:14:43 pm »

Are you including the animated shows in this question? Whilst they do have a slant towards children's TV they are pretty decent overall. Clone Wars has some iffy moments (there's literally an episode with Jar Jar and C-3P0 as the heroes) but takes time to flesh out the Clone War conflict (we see Amidala's childhood friend as a Seperatist Senator), it helps to humanise the clone troopers themselves and also lays the groundwork of all the stories to come that involve Mandalore. It also does a stellar job portraying Anakin as a believable hero and general.

Rebels is set a few years before the OT and tells the story of a single cell who gradually become more involved in the wider fight. As it goes on it does have some links back to the Clone Wars series. Ahsoka Tano, for example appears here after her introduction as Anakin's Padawan in Clone Wars. When she then appears in The Mandalorian there are clear references to the events of the Rebels finale as she's trying to hunt down Admiral Thrawn. I won't go further in case of spoilers but as there's an Ahsoka series coming it does seem like events of Rebels will feed somewhat into it.

Finally, the Bad Batch gives us an alternate take on Order 66 and the very first days of the Empire as it follows a group of 'defective' clones who didn't respond to the Order and become fugitives/mercs for hire. Not sure where that's going yet.

Dave Filoni is/was behind all 3 shows and also one of the creative forces behind the new TV shows, so I expect a lot of crossover and easter eggs for those that have followed the animated shows, even if they aren't technically 'required viewing'.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: January 1, 2022, 07:20:48 pm »
Are you including the animated shows in this question? Whilst they do have a slant towards children's TV they are pretty decent overall. Clone Wars has some iffy moments (there's literally an episode with Jar Jar and C-3P0 as the heroes) but takes time to flesh out the Clone War conflict (we see Amidala's childhood friend as a Seperatist Senator), it helps to humanise the clone troopers themselves and also lays the groundwork of all the stories to come that involve Mandalore. It also does a stellar job portraying Anakin as a believable hero and general.

Rebels is set a few years before the OT and tells the story of a single cell who gradually become more involved in the wider fight. As it goes on it does have some links back to the Clone Wars series. Ahsoka Tano, for example appears here after her introduction as Anakin's Padawan in Clone Wars. When she then appears in The Mandalorian there are clear references to the events of the Rebels finale as she's trying to hunt down Admiral Thrawn. I won't go further in case of spoilers but as there's an Ahsoka series coming it does seem like events of Rebels will feed somewhat into it.

Finally, the Bad Batch gives us an alternate take on Order 66 and the very first days of the Empire as it follows a group of 'defective' clones who didn't respond to the Order and become fugitives/mercs for hire. Not sure where that's going yet.

Dave Filoni is/was behind all 3 shows and also one of the creative forces behind the new TV shows, so I expect a lot of crossover and easter eggs for those that have followed the animated shows, even if they aren't technically 'required viewing'.

I wasn't even aware there was an animated series; I've avoided all SW-related media since the prequels, presuming anything touched by Lucas to be rubbish. I like world building, and don't mind formulaic storytelling; I enjoy the better WH40K stuff, and I like Sharpe. As long as they're not cringingly bad, like the prequels. Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen with Lucas's script. Mein Gott. They make WH40K seem like high culture.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3472 on: January 1, 2022, 08:47:16 pm »
The Filoni shows are great (eventually in the case of Clone Wars) and he should really be in a Feige-like role for Star Wars by this point.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3473 on: January 1, 2022, 09:21:49 pm »
Rogue one is good. Solo is ok( a rewatch might upgrade my opinion)
The first of the three new ones is a fun remake of the OT. But the other two are a mess.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: January 2, 2022, 11:44:01 am »
Rogue one is good. Solo is ok( a rewatch might upgrade my opinion)
The first of the three new ones is a fun remake of the OT. But the other two are a mess.

Rogue One is an odd one, it works for me but it isn't one I will tend to rewatch for some reason. The missed potential might mean that a rewatch of Solo will disappoint you, a lot of interesting elements won't get any payoff in the future since Solo didn't do well at the boxoffice.

I thought TFA was the ideal way to kick off that new trilogy, had a balance of the familiar while introducing the new people, but the lack of a coherent plan for that trilogy as a whole was completely inexcusable, you had the 2nd director seemingly having little interest in building on that starting point and then you had the mess of the third that tried to do too much in tying things up and retconning some of the 2nd film at the same time.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3475 on: January 2, 2022, 03:09:54 pm »
They badly needed a Feige

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3476 on: January 5, 2022, 11:28:17 am »
Enjoyed the first couple of episodes although I had pretty low expectations.

Glad they showed him escaping from the sarlacc pit early because they couldn't just leave that up in the air and expect people to go along with it.

Think it's a bit silly and makes no sense that he's just suddenly a good guy now but I'm not bothered enough by that for it to ruin the show for me.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3477 on: January 5, 2022, 11:32:11 am »
Enjoyed the first couple of episodes although I had pretty low expectations.

Glad they showed him escaping from the sarlacc pit early because they couldn't just leave that up in the air and expect people to go along with it.

Think it's a bit silly and makes no sense that he's just suddenly a good guy now but I'm not bothered enough by that for it to ruin the show for me.

Time in the Sarlacc pit being slowly digested really changes your perspective - much like Piers Moron living on Twitter.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3478 on: January 5, 2022, 01:44:08 pm »
Was he ever really a villain though? Looked a lot meaner than his character portrays. After all he's just a simple man making his way in the universe.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3479 on: January 5, 2022, 01:46:15 pm »
He was just a hired gun that did work for Jabba, same as Han Solo before A New Hope.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John