Author Topic: Work's Christmas Party  (Read 42478 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Work's Christmas Party
« Reply #480 on: December 6, 2021, 01:57:08 pm »
Ours has been moved to next year sometime.

Very sensible I think.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: December 6, 2021, 02:34:40 pm »
This arrived this morning from the new owners  :D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #482 on: December 6, 2021, 02:50:41 pm »
This arrived this morning from the new owners  :D

Does that 'Yorkshire Popcorn'* say the flavour is Salt & Sweat??

* WTF? Such a self-important bunch of pricks
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: December 6, 2021, 02:54:09 pm »
Company wide one has now been cancelled and I've pulled out of my department one too.

There's been a Covid outbreak in our building so most people are working from home this week too.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: December 6, 2021, 03:19:55 pm »

Does that 'Yorkshire Popcorn'* say the flavour is Salt & Sweat??

* WTF? Such a self-important bunch of pricks

;D

Nah, its sweet
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: December 8, 2021, 03:29:21 pm »
Our work Christmas Party is on Zoom this year. Too many people have moved away from town to make a party practical.

While last years Secret Santa was good, this years has been ****e.
Justice for the 96!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #486 on: December 8, 2021, 04:06:07 pm »
zoom here too

though I did get sent 6 bottles of stout

Do miss the office craic this time of year.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: December 8, 2021, 04:08:58 pm »
zoom here too

though I did get sent 6 bottles of stout

Do miss the office craic this time of year.

I enjoyed the last two in person office parties I went to. I have been lucky in my previous two roles to work with people who are in the most part nice.
Justice for the 96!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: December 8, 2021, 04:16:09 pm »
I enjoyed the last two in person office parties I went to. I have been lucky in my previous two roles to work with people who are in the most part nice.
same

though in some years i did have to leggit after a meal and no pints . Live ages away from work so money and family were stumbling blocks  there

usually in run up to xmas there was one or two lunches, a xmas jumper day for charity and the amount of sweets brought in, jesus the place was like willy wonkas chocolate factory. Was a day as well when management got a bakery to do sausage rolls. always epic

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: December 8, 2021, 04:45:10 pm »
Our work Christmas Party is on Zoom this year.

:lmao

seriously what's the point
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #490 on: December 8, 2021, 04:49:44 pm »

We have a Teams call to open Secret Santa gifts. Some bright spark put it for 10am on Monday and I’ve told them I won’t be able to post it til the weekend so my person will have to sit there empty handed like a naughty kid and watch the rest of us open something.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #491 on: December 8, 2021, 04:52:52 pm »
Nobody had their invite to the Downing Street bash yet?

Allegra's ticket' going spare id anyone's interested. ;D ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: December 8, 2021, 05:58:27 pm »

My work had it on Teams last year, everyone sat there in their Xmas jumpers and party hats making forced conversation, it was all very awkward.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #493 on: December 8, 2021, 07:06:59 pm »
Ours was supposed to be on the 16th, but has just been cancelled. Can’t say I’m particularly arsed. Actually quite relieved.

“Come to the xmas do and get covid for the holidays”

I’ve had better invitations.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: December 8, 2021, 07:09:29 pm »
Do people feel obliged to go to work's Christmas partys or do they actually enjoy them.

Never been to one
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #495 on: December 8, 2021, 07:10:12 pm »
I enjoy them, but I tend to like the people I work with and its usually a good night out on the lash.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: December 8, 2021, 07:13:12 pm »
Do people feel obliged to go to work's Christmas partys or do they actually enjoy them.

Never been to one

I enjoy the one for my immediate team. We all get on, meal and a lot of drinks are paid for. Everyone gets drunk and has a laugh.

I generally swerve the bigger company wide one.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #497 on: December 8, 2021, 07:20:06 pm »

Never been to one
Rarely go out as a team, so xmas is usually a good excuse.  I’ve been to some good ones where team mates have really bonded (no, not like that!) and it’s changed how well we all work together, for the better.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #498 on: December 8, 2021, 07:27:26 pm »
I enjoy the one for my immediate team. We all get on, meal and a lot of drinks are paid for. Everyone gets drunk and has a laugh.

I generally swerve the bigger company wide one.

Same for me normally.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #499 on: December 9, 2021, 09:46:06 am »

Never been to one

I've never felt like there was an obligation to go and, to be fair, most firms I've worked for have had social events regularly throughout the year so there isn't the feeling that it seems many get of the Christmas party being something that a company does as a token gesture to staff. Generally they are good craic, the food is decent, drinks are flowing, and whilst you get the odd minor drama there is never anything too much.

That said, if there was a feeling of obligation or if I didn't like the people I worked with then I would be quite happy to take the tactical approach of making sure to show my face for an hour and then quietly ducking out on my own terms.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #500 on: December 9, 2021, 09:55:56 am »
Got mine tonight. Never anything wild going on as we're just a small firm with about 35 staff and only 2/3s of that ever actually turn up. Will be some nice free food and ale so can't complain but they're usually pretty dull affairs, probably not helped by the fact I'm now 34 and still somehow one of the youngest people in the company.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: December 9, 2021, 10:16:34 am »

Never been to one

We used to go out as a team, nice meal paid for by the company, loads of drinks paid for by the IT director, so went on those for about 15 years. Then we moved into one huge office building, became a shitty night out in some club in Manchester. Buffet, drink on arrival and shit loads of basically kids acting like twats, getting into fights, usual wanker stuff. I knew what would happen, hate Manchester anyway, so have swerved every xmas do since. Fucking pissed me off though, as you are not allowed to claim the money for people who don't attend, but the bitch organising it did just that, so a load of us lost out every year, as we couldn't just do our own thing.

Now we have moved to a lot smaller office, it has gone back to team nights so will be going to ours in Jan.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #502 on: December 9, 2021, 10:19:13 am »
This year pretty much everyone is going from ours (I think exactly 50 people) and would have been very obvious to give it a miss. They're doing it on a work day (next Friday) and paying for everything so they've annoyingly made it pretty hard to have an excuse!

I've worked in places before though where there's so many people and its on a weekend or something that its nice and easy to avoid. Echo everyone else, much prefer smaller ones just going to a local pub or something for a meal and some drinks.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #503 on: December 9, 2021, 10:20:38 am »
Had ours last week - 6 of us, local for a few beers and a Chinese.  Normally we have a big do with all staff - about 60 of us but as i work out of a satellite office we only have about 7 staff here so we did our own

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: December 9, 2021, 10:21:37 am »
I've moved to a much smaller company recently that has much more of a family vibe.  Same as my previous company was once upon a time before they succumbed to the big boys in our industry and went all corporate.

Anyway,  Christmas do next Wednesday down in Warwick,  Meal, booze, quiz, games, secret Santa and stuff is planned.

With partners will be about 20 of us.

Really looking forward to it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #505 on: December 9, 2021, 10:25:04 am »
Partners getting invited is very old school. Not for me Clive.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: December 9, 2021, 10:27:22 am »

Unless a bowl and car keys are involved?

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #507 on: December 9, 2021, 10:28:09 am »

I used to help out with the organizing at my previous job. If it was on a Friday - half the people said they wouldn't come if they couldn't bring their partner. The other half said they wouldn't come IF they were allowed to/had to bring their partner..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #508 on: December 9, 2021, 10:28:11 am »
Unless a bowl and car keys are involved?

We don’t all live in Manchester.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: December 9, 2021, 10:28:56 am »

You still dragging typists into the stationary cupboard?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #510 on: December 9, 2021, 10:29:53 am »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #511 on: December 9, 2021, 10:34:03 am »

Who has a party in the actual office? No, I’m a lot more classy than that. You’re never far from a Gregg’s doorway.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: December 9, 2021, 10:48:32 am »
We don’t all live in Manchester.

Manchester involves family members only ;D

When I was a kid, Tower Hill was nicknamed Knob Hill, there was that much swapping going on ;D

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #513 on: December 9, 2021, 03:06:10 pm »
They emailed round this morning to see if we wanted to postpone ours till after the new year

Thankfully its still going ahead. The lass who I got for secret santa aint coming now though so I might keep the present ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #514 on: December 9, 2021, 04:15:35 pm »
I've moved to a much smaller company recently that has much more of a family vibe.  Same as my previous company was once upon a time before they succumbed to the big boys in our industry and went all corporate.

Anyway,  Christmas do next Wednesday down in Warwick,  Meal, booze, quiz, games, secret Santa and stuff is planned.

With partners will be about 20 of us.

Really looking forward to it.

Will you throw a kettle over the pub?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #515 on: December 9, 2021, 06:18:54 pm »

Never been to one

There were plenty in the past that I'd happily have swerved. The worst was a shit turkey dinner in a Toby Carvery with two bottles of wine between about twenty of us. The owner was also a massive c*nt.

We're still planning on having ours which will just be a few drinks in the pub then a nice meal in a restaurant near the office.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: December 9, 2021, 06:22:49 pm »

Never been to one
Only ever been to one. Location was in the middle of nowhere and everyone was told where to sit so conversations were awkward and forced. Never felt the need to go after that.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 9, 2021, 08:54:41 pm »
Had 2 work parties (small team and wider team) in space of 4 days and then flew to Lanzarote 12 hours after the second one. Thankfully my return to UK antigen test was clear and they let me come home.

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: December 10, 2021, 11:17:56 am »
Has this actually happened to anyone or is the drunken fumble in the office stationary cupboard a myth?

The closest I ever got, was one or the ladies in  marketing giving me an unexpected but not unpleasant grope on the bum many years ago.
Justice for the 96!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: December 10, 2021, 12:07:48 pm »
I wouldnt say its a myth but I have never seen it