Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 300932 times)

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #760 on: April 18, 2009, 09:48:01 am »
cheers alec...I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for letting me know. we are certainly in the fire, and I'd take anyone over Hicks, the weetabix man.

I guess I'm just trying to resist the powerlessness that I feel that this oaf bought us, and that we might just get another bunch of oafs without even giving them the once over. This is our club, not theirs, but we live in a world where I'm the one who looks mad for even looking at it that way. Anyway. thanks for the feedback. I'll shut up now.  :wave
No mate your not mad at all...And it is very frustrating not being able to do anything! but I can see the point of SOS and agree..Who really would want to spend so much on a club that is basically run by the fans and when they dont do what the fans want there is repercussions?
They also felt that the strength of the protests were actually putting off potential buyers.
WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: April 18, 2009, 09:55:23 am »
I would take the Rafa contract as a big positive signal. The two turds would not have agreed that contract - especially Gillett, given that he hates Rafa - if it wasn't good for business. That means that any interested parties want Rafa signed up and stability at the club. Then you have influential players like Gerrard saying that Rafa signing was a huge boost and welcomed by everyone at the club and by the supporters, which any interested parties would have been aware of. But in any case, we may still be lumbered with Jabba and his sidekick - they show a remarkable ability to F*** up negotiations and I think one of the American articles on Hicks's financial woes stated that his biggest problem is an inability to recognise reality, even when it turns up on the doorstep with the word 'Bailiff' emblazoned on the van.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #762 on: April 18, 2009, 10:12:25 am »

Been watchin your little battle SE and gotta say that I can understand anyone worrying about the club we love. We have been bitten once (twice shy) but the fact is that we have no choice as to who comes in and buys us and literally have to just hope they have good intentions.

I for one cant believe that any prospective owner would be stupid enough to rile the fans in anyway having taken note of the roasting H&G recieved. What would be the sense in that??I just think it would be suicide.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:14:13 am by ALECTHERED »
WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:02 am »
Vail's Gillett may be close to buying Burt dealerships
Burt Automotive is one of the largest Hispanic businesses in the U.S
John Rebchook
john.rebchook@indenvertimes.com

VAIL, Colorado — Vail-based businessman George Gillett Jr. is close to buying a big portion of the Burt Automotive empire, a source tells INDenverTimes.

Burt Automotive, headed by Lloyd Chavez and his son, L.G. Chavez Jr., is the largest minority-owned automobile dealership in the nation and one of the largest Hispanic businesses in the U.S. The privately held company generated more than $2.1 billion in revenues in 2007.

Gillett, whose diverse holdings include the Vista Auto Group dealership chain, is teaming up with auto dealer veteran Rod Buscher to buy dealerships from Burt, according to a source, who spoke to INDenverTimes on the condition that his name not be revealed. Buscher previously was a partner with John Elway, a former Denver Broncos quarterback, for his automobile dealerships.

The deal to purchase the Burt holdings, which likely would not include its newest properties in Parker, could close as early as next month, the source told INDenverTimes this week. The source did not know the sale price.

Neither Gillett, Buscher, Lloyd Chavez or his son returned calls for this article.

However, earlier, Gillett and Buscher said it is their policy is not to comment or discuss rumors.

“We are a family-owned business and we don’t talk about rumors. Ever,” Gillett said. “But don’t read anything into that. Just because I’m not commenting about it, doesn’t mean that something is happening.”

Gillett “would appear to be poised to increase his footprint in Colorado with more dealerships,” Tim Jackson, president of the Colorado Automobile Dealership Association told INDenverTimes.

“George Gillett has assembled a very visionary and experienced dealership network with a very experienced group of managers,” Jackson added. “His dealerships are very growth-oriented and high-volume-oriented.”

In 1997, when Elway and Buscher sold their six dealerships for $82.5 million in stock in Republic Industries, a company headed by billionaire Wayne Huizenga, the senior Chavez told the Rocky Mountain News he had no intention of selling, despite record prices being paid for dealerships. Burt dealerships dwarfed Elway’s and Buscher’s dealerships in size.

So why would a dealer consider selling now, at a time when the industry is undergoing its worst financial crisis in modern history?

“An excellent question,” Jackson said. “Now, there is more pressure to sell. It is certainly not a good time in the industry. It is a buyer’s market, not a seller’s market.”

That could mean bargains for risk-takers.

“Right now, if you are wanting to make a gamble on certain brands and lines, and put more money into dealerships, you might be making a very good investment,” Jackson continued. “But clearly, these are very tough times for everyone.”

L.G. Chavez Jr. last year told Hispanic Business Magazine that he has been preparing for the economic downturn for the past five years by cutting expenses, reducing inventory, and developing a “bench” of top managers to help face challenges.

“Your business does not have the luxury of standing still or ‘hunkering down’ until the storm is over, because you will come out of the bomb shelter and find everything moved without you,” Chavez told the magazine.

This is the 70th anniversary of Burt Automotive, which was founded in 1939 by Nate B. Burt. In 1951, Lloyd Chavez started in the sales department at Burt Chevrolet on Broadway. Over the following 35 years, Chavez acquired Burt Chevrolet, Burt Toyota, and Burt Subaru from the Burt family. The Burt Automotive Network now includes eight dealerships, according to the company’s Web site: Burt Chevrolet on Broadway, Burt Subaru, Burt Toyota Scion, Burt Ford on Arapahoe, Burt Mazda, Burt Ford in Parker, Burt Chevrolet in Parker, and Burt Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Parker.

Gillett’s other holdings include the Montreal Canadiens hockey team, which he reportedly is considering to sell. He also is an owner of the English Premier League Liverpool F.C. Team, the NASCAR auto racing team, Richard Petty Motorsports.

In 1985, Gillett bought Vail Associates’ Vail and Beaver Creek ski resorts, largely using junk bond financing. In 1992, Gillett’s companies sought Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection when high-interest rates punished junk bond issuers. However, he made $32.1 million when Vail began trading publicly.

In 1996, he formed Booth Creek Ski Holdings that acquired or built ski resorts in New Hampshire, California, Washington and Wyoming.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20090417/NEWS/904179937/1078&ParentProfile=1062
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #764 on: April 18, 2009, 11:11:58 am »
As I said earlier, we shouldnt assume that if he sells the Canadiens its got something to do with us. Maybe the above is where hes planning on spending the money he gets from the Canadiens?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #765 on: April 18, 2009, 11:52:14 am »

Whilst some have turned on you recently, I still read your posts and I still value your opinion. However; as much as you don't like people saying you are pro-Hicks; within the past couple of months you have leaned towards a particular attitude.

i would love to know however, bar with one exclusive muppet, why others can think my comments have been pro hicks.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I said it seemed rafa was on Hicks side of the fence..... well damn me, damn me to hell

Been watchin your little battle SE and gotta say that I can understand anyone worrying about the club we love. We have been bitten once (twice shy) but the fact is that we have no choice as to who comes in and buys us and literally have to just hope they have good intentions.

Thats true, but then we have had no influence on anything for months now but it is still discussed

Anyway, by June we should have the answer to who, it will just be an interesting time as to what they do and whether all fans accept what they do.

It has also been worth mentioning that at times the media have helped put our message across, however should we have problems with our next ownership I can imagine the media acting differently
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:04:43 pm by Something Else »

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #766 on: April 18, 2009, 02:19:23 pm »
i would love to know however, bar with one exclusive muppet, why others can think my comments have been pro hicks.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I said it seemed rafa was on Hicks side of the fence..... well damn me, damn me to hell

Thats true, but then we have had no influence on anything for months now but it is still discussed

Anyway, by June we should have the answer to who, it will just be an interesting time as to what they do and whether all fans accept what they do.

It has also been worth mentioning that at times the media have helped put our message across, however should we have problems with our next ownership I can imagine the media acting differently

I think that a few "experts" were pipin on about this and that and lured you to the "pro hicks finance association".  There was quite allot of posts between certain individuals being vigorously backed up.  Then when H&G's financial hardship was made public by credible sources these certain "experts" disappeared leaving you to carry the can, you yourself took an off the pitch sabbatical but seen the light eventually ;)

I know you are not pro hicks and know you want the same as all of us, that's the end of it really.  I think people might suggest otherwise to get a rise out of you cause its funny.  Especially the one individual you speak of, he puts it straight out there, classic. 

Lets just all wait an see what happens now.  I'm hopefull a sale will be done in the summer.  We just need to keep the goggle ready to see who needs investigated and watched.  Allot of noise can be made.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: April 18, 2009, 02:36:09 pm »
Talking about funny, I miss seantheprawn. Has he turned up his feelers and gone to a krill soup in the sky?

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #768 on: April 18, 2009, 02:38:13 pm »
I think this is why its so good that this has become such a big thing, I think we have a lot of say in who are next owners are, more so than we did last time. A lot of fans are waiting in the wings to see what is going to happen. And if something does materialise, we will be on Google quicker than Rick Parry/Moores were last time. We won't let new owners come in if we find enough dirt on them, we won't hesitate to tip of the press this time.

We had a clouded judgement the first time, this time we all know what we're hoping for, and Google is our friend. And to Something else - Calm down dear, honestly you have become so touchy, I don't understand why the need to defend yourself consistently. As I said your a valuable member of the board. The forum is to share opinions, and we all respect your opinion, as I said/fry said - the main reason people pick on you is because sometimes you appear arrogant, and you rise to the bait so easily. 

Oh and do you like fish sticks?

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #769 on: April 18, 2009, 02:40:08 pm »
I think this is why its so good that this has become such a big thing, I think we have a lot of say in who are next owners are, more so than we did last time. A lot of fans are waiting in the wings to see what is going to happen. And if something does materialise, we will be on Google quicker than Rick Parry/Moores were last time. We won't let new owners come in if we find enough dirt on them, we won't hesitate to tip of the press this time.

We had a clouded judgement the first time, this time we all know what we're hoping for, and Google is our friend. And to Something else - Calm down dear, honestly you have become so touchy, I don't understand why the need to defend yourself consistently. As I said your a valuable member of the board. The forum is to share opinions, and we all respect your opinion, as I said/fry said - the main reason people pick on you is because sometimes you appear arrogant, and you rise to the bait so easily. 

Oh and do you like fish sticks?
do you like putting fish sticks in your mouth?

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #770 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:29 pm »
SE : You dont have to explain yerself mate , we know the score and even if you were pro hicks so what ?!!?
its a forum for opinions and everyones entitled to them . . .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline heggo

• Main Stander
« Reply #771 on: April 18, 2009, 05:05:54 pm »
Gillett seeking $400 million investment
OTTAWA, April 18 (Reuters) - American George Gillett is seeking a partner willing to invest $400 million into a sporting empire that includes Liverpool soccer club and the Montreal Canadiens NHL team, a newspaper said on Saturday.

The French-language La Presse, citing sources involved with the proposed sale of the Canadiens, said such an investment would enable the financially-pressed businessman to hold on to the teams.

La Presse said Gillett had proposed to several business executives that they invest $400 million and
become a junior partner, but had generated little interest so far.

Gillett said last month that he had hired a team of advisors to look at his assets and denied media reports he wanted to sell some of them.

"My family and I regard this possibility as the last resort. We are a lot more interested in some kind of (business) association than in the sale of the Montreal Canadiens or one of our other enterprises," Gillett told the newspaper on Friday.

Gillett owns 80.1 percent of the Canadiens and 50 percent of five-times European champions Liverpool.

Canadian media last week said would-be buyers were being asked to submit formal offers for the Canadiens and several groups had signed confidentiality agreements with the Bank of Montreal's investment banking arm.

Gillett declined to comment on the reports, saying the banking arm had yet to complete its work.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/uk/news/N18354020.php?rpc=401&
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 05:09:27 pm by heggo »

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: April 18, 2009, 07:16:08 pm »
Someone we all got to know briefly once said of H&G: "one is in dreamland and the other in cloud cuckoo land".
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: April 18, 2009, 07:25:45 pm »

La Presse said Gillett had proposed to several business executives that they invest $400 million and
become a junior partner, but had generated little interest so far.

:lmao  How suprising that no one wants to spend 400 million in this climate so they can be told what to do by a poisoned dwarf.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2009, 09:25:58 pm »
SE : You dont have to explain yerself mate , we know the score and even if you were pro hicks so what ?!!?
its a forum for opinions and everyones entitled to them . . .

yeah and most peoples opinions mean fuck all but mine dont ;)

When i was being pro hicks, it was because I was saying he was not poor.

I still cant see how the guy can be considered poor, unless you are comparing him with the uber rich

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: April 18, 2009, 09:32:38 pm »

I still cant see how the guy can be considered poor, unless you are comparing him with the uber rich

SE, why the Einstein avatar? I know you are reading some science, I'm just curious, which one?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #776 on: April 18, 2009, 09:33:24 pm »

Of course he is not poor but he is not prepared to  put his own money into the club , he could easily get that stadium started if he really really wanted to . . . same goes for George.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #777 on: April 18, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »
SE, why the Einstein avatar? I know you are reading some science, I'm just curious, which one?

reading? ;)

I am in the physics department doing a PhD, however I am originally a chemistry graduate, but did a BioPhysics Masters, and now work on biological molecules looking at aspects into Cancer research, infection, inflammation..... DNA, proteins etc... So technically physics, but more the chemistry of biological interactions
Of course he is not poor but he is not prepared to  put his own money into the club , he could easily get that stadium started if he really really wanted to . . . same goes for George.

its my biggest head scratcher this

if we are a guarenteed goal mine as some say and guarenteed money to make for one of these arab investment companies, why dont they just spend some of their own money in order to keep it for a rainy day?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #778 on: April 18, 2009, 09:42:40 pm »

if we are a guarenteed goal mine as some say and guarenteed money to make for one of these arab investment companies, why dont they just spend some of their own money in order to keep it for a rainy day?

Exactly mate , Only they know I guess .

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: April 18, 2009, 09:57:44 pm »
reading? ;)

I am in the physics department doing a PhD, however I am originally a chemistry graduate, but did a BioPhysics Masters, and now work on biological molecules looking at aspects into Cancer research, infection, inflammation..... DNA, proteins etc... So technically physics, but more the chemistry of biological interactions

Thank you, and I must say I am very impressed, but do try and apply that egghead of yours into more practical matters. No one really 'makes' money owing a football club, well, not the kind of money expected from the large investments required, not directly anyway. We are not a gold mine but rather a conduit for promoting the business of the owners, and I believe this is where H&G got it so terribly wrong. They saw us as a potential gold mine which they bought cheap in their leveraged eyes, and were simply going to wait a little while for the value to increase so the banks could loan them even more. Then came the credit crunch and spoilt it all for them.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:14 pm »
Thank you, and I must say I am very impressed, but do try and apply that egghead of yours into more practical matters. No one really 'makes' money owing a football club, well, not the kind of money expected from the large investments required, not directly anyway. We are not a gold mine but rather a conduit for promoting the business of the owners, and I believe this is where H&G got it so terribly wrong. They saw us as a potential gold mine which they bought cheap in their leveraged eyes, and were simply going to wait a little while for the value to increase so the banks could loan them even more. Then came the credit crunch and spoilt it all for them.

practical matters only work in a situation you understand

business i am happy to say i dont

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2009, 10:38:21 pm »
Talking about funny, I miss seantheprawn. Has he turned up his feelers and gone to a krill soup in the sky?
Hell no!!! Been a busy wee man of late have I....OH YES! I always peruse but have been too busy to put digit to key as of late. Went to the Fulham game and came away with the most horrendous gash on the back of my leg - it was like a wizards' sleeve. Drank Jagaerbombs to ease the pain! Wished to God I hadn't the next day. Came home for the Blackburn game. Went back to Herts Been running around like the proverbial blue-arsed fly for the last few days. Went out for me Dad's 65th with the rest of the clan - bastard hot curry. Me arse......or what was left of it... wished I hadn't the next day! I'm knacked. Speak tomorrow. Botty kisses to all, Nitey night bless yer chops!
WHEN BUSH WAS TALKING ABOUT  "THE EVIL DO-ERS OF THIS WORLD" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS SHITE-ARSED CUSTODIANS!!
THE SO-CALLED "AXIS OF EVIL" IS FOUND ACROSS THE FURROWED BROW ON HICKS' FAT HEAD.

Twitter: @seanmck75

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2009, 10:41:36 pm »
Hell no!!! Been a busy wee man of late have I....OH YES! I always peruse but have been too busy to put digit to key as of late. Went to the Fulham game and came away with the most horrendous gash on the back of my leg - it was like a wizards' sleeve. Drank Jagaerbombs to ease the pain! Wished to God I hadn't the next day. Came home for the Blackburn game. Went back to Herts Been running around like the proverbial blue-arsed fly for the last few days. Went out for me Dad's 65th with the rest of the clan - bastard hot curry. Me arse......or what was left of it... wished I hadn't the next day! I'm knacked. Speak tomorrow. Botty kisses to all, Nitey night bless yer chops!

I likes you lots, Sean.  :D It's lovely to hear from you again.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »

mmm dunno mate think it depends which way you look at it...If you look at how much he must owe the banks in loans etc then you could say that he is worse off than you or me!!! or uber skint as you might put it

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #784 on: April 19, 2009, 12:03:47 am »
mmm dunno mate think it depends which way you look at it...If you look at how much he must owe the banks in loans etc then you could say that he is worse off than you or me!!! or uber skint as you might put it

but he doesnt owe the banks anything, the limited companies he owns owe lots and seemingly he has very few personal guarantees securing loans.

So i imagine he could put in more personal things to secure loans? My point is, if he were to be forced into a sale where he would not get what he wants, but knows not forced he would, or at least a better deal, why not put in the securities then sell at your own pace.

I just cant get my head round it

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #785 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:45 am »
reading? ;)

So im guessing that your spend your work day investigating the interaction of functional membrane proteins with new carrier systems.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2009, 12:09:59 am »
So im guessing that your spend your work day investigating the interaction of functional membrane proteins with new carrier systems.

looking at membrane sugars, if you wish to describe them in that way. The protein work is not directly linked with the cell surface currently

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2009, 12:12:40 am »
looking at membrane sugars, if you wish to describe them in that way. The protein work is not directly linked with the cell surface currently
Intriguing.....nah I'm bullsitin just googled chemical interactions.  Impressive job all the same.  Way above my head.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2009, 12:16:40 am »
Intriguing.....nah I'm bullsitin just googled chemical interactions.  Impressive job all the same.  Way above my head.

haha, its quite easy really, its not like particle physics, a lot of the time you can imagine it happening, rather than trying to describe what some sub atomic particle does as you do some crazy shit to it.

Its all a matter of the language really.

ps the einstein thing is just cos its a funny pic of a very interesting man, who if you ever get to read about him, was a very interesting character, bit nuts
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:21:45 am by Something Else »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2009, 12:42:12 am »
haha, its quite easy really, its not like particle physics, a lot of the time you can imagine it happening, rather than trying to describe what some sub atomic particle does as you do some crazy shit to it.

Its all a matter of the language really.

I wish you'd do some crazy shit to the sub atomic particle that is better known as Hicks.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #790 on: April 19, 2009, 12:43:24 am »
I wish you'd do some crazy shit to the sub atomic particle that is better known as Hicks.

:lmao

very good Tommy, i like it

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #791 on: April 19, 2009, 01:03:55 am »
reading? ;)

I think the problem is its already a rainy day in their books, indeed its rivalling the one that caused Noah to launch 2&2 Cruises so many 1000's of years ago.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: April 19, 2009, 06:54:52 am »
What baffles me is, they are both in debt up to their eyeballs not just with our club but their other franchises and yet they buy more franchises or are wanting to its madness I really cannot understand it  ???

That part made me laugh 400 million as a junior partner  :lmao
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #793 on: April 19, 2009, 07:46:11 am »
What baffles me is, they are both in debt up to their eyeballs not just with our club but their other franchises and yet they buy more franchises or are wanting to its madness I really cannot understand it  ???

Me to Lynds. I think it's just how corrupt the business world can be in some cases, well it seems that way to me anyway.

It's like me looking at buying Woolworth's {pre closure} the company is loosing millions upon millions, the bank lends me £500mill {just an example} to buy the place, i cream of a few millions in expenses then six months later let the company fold and walk away, the banks and Joe public take the hit, and i happily go out and buy another one.

Beats me how these fuckers can/could go bankrupt owing millions, but are still worth millions.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #794 on: April 19, 2009, 08:59:28 am »
but he doesnt owe the banks anything, the limited companies he owns owe lots and seemingly he has very few personal guarantees securing loans.

So i imagine he could put in more personal things to secure loans? My point is, if he were to be forced into a sale where he would not get what he wants, but knows not forced he would, or at least a better deal, why not put in the securities then sell at your own pace.

I just cant get my head round it
yeh see your point like but im still not so sure he is cash rich ..

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: April 19, 2009, 09:37:46 am »
He has an expensive lifestyle and family to maintain, so my guess is a lot of those assets are in the name of the trophy wife.

Sean, me old crustacean, good to hear from you again.

Offline caronia

• Main Stander
  • SOS Membership Number:7348
« Reply #796 on: April 19, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
reading? ;)

Any involvement with Epigenetics? That's what my daughter is doing her Phd in?

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: April 19, 2009, 02:25:37 pm »

Beats me how these fuckers can/could go bankrupt owing millions, but are still worth millions.

It's infuriating isn't it. Yet most bankruptcies in the states are caused by not being able to pay medical bills after a severe illness, and of course bush et al ( hicks ) changed the rules of this kind of bankruptcy so that people can't start with a clean slate like Hicks and his ilk Still can, but have to spend the rest of their lives having their wages "garnished". SICK. SICK. SICK. I think maybe because they write the economic rules, own the media that then ridicules anyone who disagrees and who maintain the "frame", and generally slant the whole game in order to maintain their nonsense in the name of "freedom".....and anyone who argues against them is therefore against freedom, by the definition of the frame that they maintain cos they own the media that first describes the frame. Kafka is alive and well and living in texas.

american tv has a program called survivor, where the winner gets a million dollars. But the game is pre-rigged, just like our capitalism....the one rule is that contestants are not allowed to co-operate and share the money equally between them, and have to sign  beforehand not to do this. Yes it would spoil the competition, the game, but it's interesting to me that we hold ourselves in the same kind of place in real life, even though co-operating would make us all wealthier, and that this false competition rewards the worst amongst us like Hicks.

And if peace can break out between SE and others,  :wellin, how dare Hicks and Gillett continue their pettiness, their teenage squabble. I hope they are both getting an enormous lesson in humility, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #798 on: April 19, 2009, 07:44:46 pm »

Hicksology!! sorry harry just could not resist.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #799 on: April 19, 2009, 08:10:23 pm »
Hicksology!! sorry harry just could not resist.

You are encourageble. :D

Naughty Naughty.