Author Topic: Our Next Owners  (Read 39372 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Our Next Owners
« Reply #120 on: April 6, 2009, 11:09:28 pm »
Look , before I get slated , oh too late for that ,
I was merely pointing out some issues in Dubai , the place , and what the likes of Sheikh Mo allow to happen
, the same as a lot of other countries and governments , in an attempt to make light that the same issues occur under
Sheikh Mo's regime than anywhere else and therefore isnt the messiah that some on here , and there are some , make him out to be .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 6, 2009, 11:09:48 pm »
I think we're going a bit too far off topic with this one especially seeing as the Sheikh is not on the short list anymore, no?

Controversial   ;D
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #122 on: April 6, 2009, 11:23:44 pm »
Back to topic ,

ripped this from poster Lupin over at TLW :

I think you miss my point - the point being, that the loan (rolled up as a total of around £356m) is not secured against any of G&H's stateside assets - you're right about personal guarantees et al (and their worth) but effectively, although Kop Holdings is technically only a holding or even a 'shell' company (therefore the debt is not technically on the club), they are nonetheless forced into the position of selling up if they can't pay off the loan or provide enough actual capital to meet the bank's requirements as the value of the Holding company in and of itself is negatory.

Basically, it's all financial smoke and mirrors. They have to come up with the actual cash - not guarantees, not letters or notes of credit, not even offset against other assets - actual cash at the banks requirement or sell the club.

What we've seen in the states seems to be a slowly dawning realisation that they are not going to mug someone into investing or buying at their price and are trying to rejig their assets stateside to come up with the cash - by trying to sell chunks of the family business or Canadiens (Gillett) or as much as 49% of the Rangers and The Stars (Hicks) the problem being their are already banks stateside who want cash off them (particularly Hicks) now before RBS and Wachovia get so much as a sniff.

Based on the admittedly little slice of the picture we have, my current sense is they will have to sell, possibly at the last minute and very likely for a fiar bit less than the £500m they want. Next question is 'who'.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #123 on: April 6, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
I was merely pointing out some issues in Dubai , the place , and what the likes of Sheikh Mo allow to happen
, the same as a lot of other countries and governments , in an attempt to make light that the same issues occur under
Sheikh Mo's regime than anywhere else and therefore isnt the messiah that some on here , and there are some , make him out to be .

Get to bed, you've caused enough trouble tonight  :)

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #124 on: April 6, 2009, 11:33:49 pm »
Get to bed, you've caused enough trouble tonight  :)

;D
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #125 on: April 6, 2009, 11:37:59 pm »

What we've seen in the states seems to be a slowly dawning realisation that they are not going to mug someone into investing or buying at their price and are trying to rejig their assets stateside to come up with the cash - by trying to sell chunks of the family business or Canadiens (Gillett) or as much as 49% of the Rangers and The Stars (Hicks) the problem being their are already banks stateside who want cash off them (particularly Hicks) now before RBS and Wachovia get so much as a sniff.

Based on the admittedly little slice of the picture we have, my current sense is they will have to sell, possibly at the last minute and very likely for a fiar bit less than the £500m they want. Next question is 'who'.

I thought initially that they were trying this, to get together enough to put down as extra security for refinancing the loan for RBS/Wachovia. But Hicks has said himself that he wants investors to pay off the loans against the Rangers and the Stars.

Last week, Hicks said he was looking for investors to buy minority interests in the Rangers and the Stars. He said he was willing to let limited partners purchase up to 49 percent of each club, leaving him with a controlling interest. Hicks said he owns 95 percent of both teams.

"I'm bringing in minority partners, so I can pay off the loans," he said Friday. "I wouldn't normally do that. In this particular environment, that's what we should do."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h7UVZoIK-oLiZNZwvW7mCYb_db3wD97B94I00

Assuming that's true and the banks want extra security how easy will it be for them to refinance? RBS may not want to foreclose due to bad publicity but will they really let themselves be held over a barrel by them?

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #126 on: April 7, 2009, 12:25:23 am »
The corporations use slave labour to maximise profits.  That's really the end of it.  There is no link nor reason to highlight the Dubai govt/sheikh in respect to the TV show you watched tonight.  Sheikh mo was not mentioned but the govt was when the had fined a company etc. 

Michael Owen and Jamie Oliver were more linked to the problems out there by endorsing the companies that are using slave labour.  (which i think was low blows as both would not have know one bit about what goes on there unless they are expected to scout every aspect of every company the endorse)

I think you brought this up because it mentioned Dubai.  It had no real link nor relevance to the ownership of the club even if it is possible that the sheikh could make another bid for the club.

.....Back on topic,  Currently the main reports on who our next owners could be will be the Kuwaitis.  I think over the next week we will hear more about the default of hicks loan in the states, it was highlighted in reports that the banks could make noises early this week so this is very big news in terms of what could follow. 
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 7, 2009, 12:31:19 am »
I don't see the poles living in squallor.  In fact they tend to live in some very nice houses.  And they don't get short changed, they get paid what they want to be paid.

Are all these statements facts?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 7, 2009, 03:54:09 am »
Jesus, I just turned on sky news to find Hicks and Bush having a good laugh playing rounders. :puke2

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 7, 2009, 04:11:05 am »

"I do not believe football clubs are designed to be public companies in that the goal of the fan is for the club to have the best performance on the pitch while the goal of the shareholder is to make a profit - the two goals do not always never go hand in hand," Schechter says.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/apr/05/football-finance

this is the simplest way, and the least emotional way, to explain my resistance to H&G's presence in the club.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 7, 2009, 04:19:12 am »
Thanks Ali. Excellent article and I'm sure there isn't one football fan who would disagree with the majority of this article.

Agreed.....but a salary cap, sensible though it is, will be the death of the game as we know it now. It has destroyed the NFL as a meaningful competition, and everything that most of us hate about Hicks commercial worldview has permeated that sport, so players are now just hired guns with no lasting allegiance to their team......as soon as a team is successful, it has to be broken up..... Basically it means that Stoke has exactly the same budget as Liverpool, and never any relegation. It's passionless, and worst, ultimately meaningless ......I could go on, but you get the drift.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 7, 2009, 04:29:03 am »
So?  Workers short changed and some not paid and living in squallor as they seek a better life? Happens here as well, mate, and unfortunately will keep on happening. Migrant workers get exploited in just about every country in the world. Over here and in many western countries it's young girls thrown into the dark world of the sex trade. What has this got to do with us, anyway?

professional women in their thousands who are suddenly out of work, are currently flocking to work in strip joints across america, where there is still money to be made, NBC news reported yesterday. Yeah, dubai and the sheik have been greedy, but how about the city of London? There's plenty of blame to go round. The issue for me with the sheik is that his intent was honorable, something it would be impossible to say with Hicks.

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #132 on: April 7, 2009, 08:10:32 am »
By stating you have "no idea" you have just admitted you don't know anything about the claims you have just made previously. That is far more bizarre than any of these threads. What is also more bizarre is people posting in threads they find to be bizarre. ???

I was replying to Redprodigal, I've no idea why people are still going on about Dubai.

"Anyway Dubai aren't in the running anymore so why are we going on about them."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 7, 2009, 08:45:27 am »
I don't see the poles living in squallor.  In fact they tend to live in some very nice houses.  And they don't get short changed, they get paid what they want to be paid.

Are all these statements facts?

No, these are not facts. I did a lot of research with migrant workers in Boston, Lincs, and they are being exploited every bit as effectively (below minimum wage/crammed into houses/transported in sub-standard vehicles - not taken to hospital when they crash/made to pay exorbitant rents and travel fees to gang masters) as anywhere else on the planet and all this despite ec rules and fancy-smancy human rights acts. Sorry. It made my blood boil. And it's plain naive to come on here and pretend it doesn't happen all over the earth. It is also irrelevant; if you want to make the discussion relevant go and see if the Kuwaitis have any skeletons in their closets. I'm sure they do. We know (I suspect only a fraction) of the skeletons in Hicks's and Gillett's closets. (Those Geordie workers without their rightful redundancy payments spring to mind.)
The more pressing problem for us is whether there are 'next owners' out there. This thread started as a hypothetical 'who would you prefer?' teaser, which I did not contribute to because neither you nor I will have a say in who our next owner is, and whether they have any integrity or not, or indeed whether they have the club's best interests at heart. The only thing we can do is - should they fall short as spectacularly as Hicks and Gillett - hold them to account. Hicks and Gillett had no experience of holding a global 'brand' before us, and the evidence suggests they have found the publicity a shock. I hope any new owner who is remotely savvy will be fully aware that the fans will be suspicious and that they have to keep us on-side.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 7, 2009, 09:24:52 am »
I thought initially that they were trying this, to get together enough to put down as extra security for refinancing the loan for RBS/Wachovia. But Hicks has said himself that he wants investors to pay off the loans against the Rangers and the Stars.

Assuming that's true and the banks want extra security how easy will it be for them to refinance? RBS may not want to foreclose due to bad publicity but will they really let themselves be held over a barrel by them?

I posted this on the Hicks and Gillett Refinance thread, and I wonder how bad things could get should the 40 US banks refuse to restructure his interest payments for Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars. Since they all come under the umbrella of Hicks Holdings, and I believe that includes us (if not directly, for his 50% shares of LFC, did Hicks Holdings guarantee the loan to Kop Holdings), what would happen then?:

How much will this missed interest payment affect the rest of Hicks' empire? As far as I understand Hicks Holdings LLC is at the top of his business tree, and includes both his private equity businesses and his sports franchises.  Hicks insists we are a seperate entity to his other sports business, but surely all his businesses, assets come under the same umbrella which is Hicks Holdings LLC. Therefore I ask the question, does Hicks Holdings act as collateral or guarantee for all his assets in the holding company?

Here is a list of Hicks' empire as it stands to date:

Hicks Holdings LLC, is a Dallas-based, family-owned private investment enterprise headed by Thomas O. Hicks.

1.  Majority equity ownership of OCULAR LCD (http://www.oculardisplaysystems.com/about/board-of-directors.asp)

2.  ownership stakes in:  ANVITA HEALTH (http://www.anvitahealth.com/Board_Of_Directors/) an emerging leader in clinical decision support systems;

3.  LATROBE SPECIALITY STEEL COMPANY  (acquired by private equity companies Hicks Holdings and The Watermill Group in 2006) a leading producer and distributor of specialty steel alloys (http://www.latrobesteel.com/index.cfm);

4.  DIRECPATH, a company jointly formed by Hicks Holdings and DIRECTV to provide bundled DIRECTV programming, broadband voice and data services, security and other locally based services to multiple-dwelling-unit residences (MDUs) across the United States.(http://www.direcpath.com/about-us/corp-profile)

In addition to its private equity investments, Hicks Holdings assets include a number of sports and real estate assets, including majority ownership interest in the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars, as well as a 50 percent ownership interest in the Liverpool Football League of the English Premier League; and a 50 percent ownership interest in the American Airlines Center. Additionally, Hicks Holdings specializes in urban mixed-use developments and high-end hospitality and residential projects and, through Hicks Trans American Partners, selectively makes corporate and real estate investments in South America.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #135 on: April 7, 2009, 09:43:55 am »
I posted this on the Hicks and Gillett Refinance thread, and I wonder how bad things could get should the 40 US banks refuse to restructure his interest payments for Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars. Since they all come under the umbrella of Hicks Holdings, and I believe that includes us (if not directly, for his 50% shares of LFC, did Hicks Holdings guarantee the loan to Kop Holdings), what would happen then?:

How much will this missed interest payment affect the rest of Hicks' empire? As far as I understand Hicks Holdings LLC is at the top of his business tree, and includes both his private equity businesses and his sports franchises.  Hicks insists we are a seperate entity to his other sports business, but surely all his businesses, assets come under the same umbrella which is Hicks Holdings LLC. Therefore I ask the question, does Hicks Holdings act as collateral or guarantee for all his assets in the holding company?

Here is a list of Hicks' empire as it stands to date:

Hicks Holdings LLC, is a Dallas-based, family-owned private investment enterprise headed by Thomas O. Hicks.

1.  Majority equity ownership of OCULAR LCD (http://www.oculardisplaysystems.com/about/board-of-directors.asp)

2.  ownership stakes in:  ANVITA HEALTH (http://www.anvitahealth.com/Board_Of_Directors/) an emerging leader in clinical decision support systems;

3.  LATROBE SPECIALITY STEEL COMPANY  (acquired by private equity companies Hicks Holdings and The Watermill Group in 2006) a leading producer and distributor of specialty steel alloys (http://www.latrobesteel.com/index.cfm);

4.  DIRECPATH, a company jointly formed by Hicks Holdings and DIRECTV to provide bundled DIRECTV programming, broadband voice and data services, security and other locally based services to multiple-dwelling-unit residences (MDUs) across the United States.(http://www.direcpath.com/about-us/corp-profile)

In addition to its private equity investments, Hicks Holdings assets include a number of sports and real estate assets, including majority ownership interest in the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars, as well as a 50 percent ownership interest in the Liverpool Football League of the English Premier League; and a 50 percent ownership interest in the American Airlines Center. Additionally, Hicks Holdings specializes in urban mixed-use developments and high-end hospitality and residential projects and, through Hicks Trans American Partners, selectively makes corporate and real estate investments in South America.
I think we are only seperate from his other business when it suits him.  I think its fair to say that hicks likes to build illusions.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: April 7, 2009, 10:23:56 am »
We know (I suspect only a fraction) of the skeletons in Hicks's and Gillett's closets. (Those Geordie workers without their rightful redundancy payments spring to mind.)

Not exactly the same I suppose but you get the gist.

GREELEY, Colo. -- The Immigration and Custom Enforcement raid of six Swift & Co. Plants was characterized Wednesday as the "largest workplace site enforcement action ever" by a federal official on Wednesday.

The raids were a result of a 10-month investigation that began with identity theft. ICE agents took hundreds of people in custody, looking for illegal immigrants working at the Swift plants in a nationwide ID theft crackdown.

ICE said 1,217 of the workers detained during the nationwide raids were being held on immigration charges alone and only 65 were facing identity-theft or other criminal charges. Of the Greeley workers who were detained, 250 of them are facing administrative immigration charges and 11 are facing criminal charges, ICE said.

Meat producer Swift & Company had estimated that up to 40 percent of its workers could be removed in immigration raids, costing the company up to $100 million.

Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. and Booth Creek Management Corp., run by former Vail ski area owner George Gillett Jr., bought a majority interest in the fresh beef and pork processing business of ConAgra Foods Inc. for $1.4 billion in 2002.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10523648/detail.html?subid=22100484&qs=1;bp=t

DALLAS -- Former employees are suing Swift & Co. for $23 million, alleging the meatpacking company conspired to keep wages down by hiring illegal immigrants.

The 18 former employees suing Swift are U.S. citizens and legal residents who worked at a plant in Cactus, north of Amarillo, one of six facilities raided an a multistate federal sweep that led to the arrests of nearly 1,300 employees and temporarily halted Swift's operations.

"When the Swift plant opened in Cactus, wages were approximately $20 an hour," said another plaintiffs attorney, Michael Haygood. "Now, the average wage is approximately $12 to $13 an hour. Illegal immigration has fueled this depression in wages."

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20061219/NEWS/112190076

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #137 on: April 7, 2009, 11:43:05 am »
Jesus, I just turned on sky news to find Hicks and Bush having a good laugh playing rounders. :puke2

just after seeing it on fox!
"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans."DIC...
Ball's in your court now, G&H

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: April 7, 2009, 06:56:13 pm »
Ok, I have a minor update as frustration has got the better of me and I've phoned my friend before returning to the UK.

The update is that the deal with "the richest family in Kuwait" is in process with the firm of lawyers I've mentioned to folks on PM. 

This time my friend has spoken directly with those involved in the deal, the previous info I had from the weekend turns out to have been third hand.  So, while it's not a "done deal", it is very close. 

So, while I'm very encouraged (particularly as (a) H&G are both desperate for cash and (b) word is that Wachovia and RBS will not refinance them), I also urge caution because remember the Al Kahrafi's abandoned a deal last October at the 11th hour.

Again, I post in good faith as I always like to hear info myself.  If this all turns out to be correct I won't be seeking any pats on the back as I really have zip to do with any of this!  By the same token, if it fails to materialize I hope to be spared the lynch mob!

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 7, 2009, 07:02:13 pm »
Ok, I have a minor update as frustration has got the better of me and I've phoned my friend before returning to the UK.

The update is that the deal with "the richest family in Kuwait" is in process with the firm of lawyers I've mentioned to folks on PM. 

This time my friend has spoken directly with those involved in the deal, the previous info I had from the weekend turns out to have been third hand.  So, while it's not a "done deal", it is very close. 

So, while I'm very encouraged (particularly as (a) H&G are both desperate for cash and (b) word is that Wachovia and RBS will not refinance them), I also urge caution because remember the Al Kahrafi's abandoned a deal last October at the 11th hour.

Again, I post in good faith as I always like to hear info myself.  If this all turns out to be correct I won't be seeking any pats on the back as I really have zip to do with any of this!  By the same token, if it fails to materialize I hope to be spared the lynch mob!

Guyko, thanks. I am always delighted to read your posts. :D
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 7, 2009, 07:03:13 pm »

Thanks for the update.
Does your friend have an opinion on whether the Kuwait people will be good or bad owners?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #141 on: April 7, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »

Sounds interesting.  I think it would be hard for people to get their hopes to the heights of previous near takeovers.  Thanks for the update, dont worry about the lynch mob if your information does not come to fruition.  Everyone knows that nobody can know for sure exactly how things will play, all we can get are clues and rays of light.

Offline Mr.Red

• meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh......meh
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #142 on: April 7, 2009, 07:40:45 pm »
Being bought by the arabians would be even bigger than winning the title this season.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 7, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »
Thanks guyko, mate  - the posters who put stuff up in good faith are always obvious on here. Not quite sure how but it's always clear.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 7, 2009, 07:55:08 pm »
Does anyone know if SOS has had any contact with the kuwaitee family? Hicks and Gillett squeezed under the radar, and we were bought by them before any of us had even thought to check them out...we assumed Parry and Moores would do due diligence on them, and that backfired horribly. Now we have Hicks and Gillett, enemies, as the gatekeepers on the suitability of new owners......should we, the regulars on this thread, or SOS, not try to engage with this family to do whatever due diligence we can given that H&G couldn't give a flying fuck? We may regret our passivity if we don't. 

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
« Reply #145 on: April 7, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »
Thats for the update guyko mate. Fingers crossed on this.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #146 on: April 7, 2009, 08:09:15 pm »
I have high hopes that 'The Man In The Sand' will come good this time... provided that 'The Guy With The Gut' sees sense.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 7, 2009, 08:11:59 pm »
provided that 'The Guy With The Gut' sees sense

;D

Unfortunately, the guy with the gut has a tendency to drift into fairy land.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #148 on: April 7, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »
I have high hopes that 'The Man In The Sand' will come good this time... provided that 'The Guy With The Gut' sees sense.
Is he related to 'The tw@t in the h@t' ?  ;)
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline SickBoy.no

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: April 7, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »
If this all turns out to be correct I won't be seeking any pats on the back as I really have zip to do with any of this! 

You should be asking for donations to pay for your phone bill really :) Ta for the update- really apreciate any little ray of sun when it comes to our owner situation.
Knife WREEEENCH

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #150 on: April 7, 2009, 08:25:33 pm »
Cheers Guyko, and cheers for the PM.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 7, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »
  By the same token, if it fails to materialize I hope to be spared the lynch mob!

Not a chance, building the gallows right now ;)
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #152 on: April 7, 2009, 09:07:24 pm »
A question.

We all know that Gillett has a loan of 75 million dollars with springfield Finance tied to his half of lfc. With interest he owes 105 million dollars appx

So why would he sell at 450 million pounds which will see him make appx 20 million pounds which is appx 30 million dollars.

What is the point of him selling when he would be short on his srpingfield loan. it works out better for him to run the clock down and his 75 million dollars up.

Also I find it odd how the bloomberg guy who wrote every other article up until this week about the kharafi deal to do with deal and he has not said anything

IMO the express article is BS
« Last Edit: April 7, 2009, 09:21:17 pm by maj »

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #153 on: April 7, 2009, 09:17:23 pm »

Does your mate know the banks involved/investment firms being used?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2009, 09:19:31 pm by maj »

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #154 on: April 7, 2009, 09:54:55 pm »
Does your mate know the banks involved/investment firms being used?

pm Guyko for info.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: April 7, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »
Thanks for the update, however I have one thing nagging me!

Why do a deal now? The price will drop a hell of a lot in say 2 months time (June).

This does not make business sense at all!! Knowing the Banks expect the loan to out worth the club its self, the pair of tumours base there price on the business model inc the new ground (cookoo land).

Why would these other lot wanna do it now at still a silly price 450 million.
My 2 pennies worth...Dont get any hopes up to soon, i think its a load of bollocks (not knocking guyko, thanks for updating, any news is welcome)

Plus i really do think Mo will pop up sooner or later, and i think thats what the two tumours are waiting for. Bidding war
« Last Edit: April 7, 2009, 09:56:42 pm by robb95 »
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: April 7, 2009, 10:13:14 pm »

Why do a deal now? The price will drop a hell of a lot in say 2 months time (June).

This does not make business sense at all!! Knowing the Banks expect the loan to out worth the club its self, the pair of tumours base there price on the business model inc the new ground (cookoo land).

My 2 pennies worth...Dont get any hopes up to soon, i think its a load of bollocks (not knocking guyko, thanks for updating, any news is welcome)

Plus i really do think Mo will pop up sooner or later, and i think thats what the two tumours are waiting for. Bidding war

Not so sure about Mo popping up, but i agree with you about anyone buying now.

The only way anyone would be buying now is if they have been offered the club for closer to £400mill, other than at that price it makes more sense to wait it out.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: April 7, 2009, 10:18:25 pm »
pm Guyko for info.

thanks J M. i got problems with pms. always asks for a code or soemthing lol

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: April 7, 2009, 10:20:38 pm »

Hope it is true, i really do.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: April 7, 2009, 10:20:54 pm »

I agree with that and norice how the express report came out a few days after hicks gets exposed for his debts. Today forbes.com had a article saying he had to sell. i will post it .