Author Topic: The Office AKA The UK Office - 'The Good One' - If you don't like it, piss off  (Read 85409 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Office
« Reply #160 on: July 4, 2006, 11:03:33 am »

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #161 on: July 4, 2006, 06:29:51 pm »
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #162 on: July 5, 2006, 12:46:38 am »
I looked ages for that!

Put it up especially!   ;)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #163 on: July 5, 2006, 05:15:31 pm »
"Do you know the phrase, ‘Softly, softly catchee monkey? I could catch a monkey. If I was starving, I could. I would make poison darts out of the poison from deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison could kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’ll be dead within a day, or longer."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 5, 2006, 05:22:34 pm »
the other day I spent ages looking for a picture of David Brent interlocking his fingers and slipping his front teeth over his bottom lip in a 'coming together in spiritual union' type pose but 30 pages into google image (plus all the 'view more from this site' links etc) and couldn't find one. Does anybody have a pic of this at all?

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #165 on: July 5, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »
which episode is it in?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 5, 2006, 05:36:01 pm »
which episode is it in?

if this was addressed to my plea I'm pretty sure he does it at least a couple of times..

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #167 on: July 5, 2006, 06:43:23 pm »
the other day I spent ages looking for a picture of David Brent interlocking his fingers and slipping his front teeth over his bottom lip in a 'coming together in spiritual union' type pose but 30 pages into google image (plus all the 'view more from this site' links etc) and couldn't find one. Does anybody have a pic of this at all?

Emlyn probably has ;D ;)
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 5, 2006, 07:05:50 pm »
Ill have a little scout!
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 6, 2006, 06:13:07 pm »
Went to see Gareth in the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" film today. A spiffing performance.

;D

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 6, 2006, 06:19:44 pm »
Doesn't he have a little goat beard now?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 6, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »
Can't remember. It was an hour ago.

::)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2006, 10:51:36 pm »
"I will not have her tunnel bandied around The Office willy-nilly."

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2006, 12:13:53 am »
'Under weaknesses, you've put eczema.'

'Look at me, I'm able bodied. You're not. I'm prejudiced. Yeah. You see someone say that and you think 'well at least the little wheelchair fella is able minded'..........unless he's not, it's really hard to tell with the wheelchair ones so....just....give generously to them all.'
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2006, 02:50:00 am »
"You beardy twat.  Pug-nosed gimp.  Lard boy."

"Absolutely flabulous..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:25 pm »
Ill have a little scout!

how's the scouting emlyn? :wave

Offline singaporered

• Kopite
  • Anyone that plays for me should be a bad loser
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2006, 11:08:41 pm »
gareth: going go karting with the lads again soon.
computer guy: yea? you any good?
gareth: yep got a certificate last time i went 8 minutes 51
computer guy: well i went down there the first day it opened right, and i did a couple of laps i pulled over and the guy who runs the thing comes up and says 'oi no professionals' i took of my helmet and i said i'm not a professional, he said 'well you should be, and if you drive like that you'll probably be the best in the country' i said im not interested im making a shitload out of computers.
gareth: you ever had a go at speedway?
computer guy: have you?
gareth: yea
computer guy: well i was doing it once and i was bombing it round and some idiot left a ramp on the track and i could see people going oh no if he hits that ramp at that speed he is definitely dead i hit the ramp i turn over in the air and they were like hes definitely dead now, i land on my wheels and was like what were you worried about?

classic

i also like gareth talking about top trumps

"you will not win, still be good fun though"
What man believes, man can achieve

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2006, 01:11:20 pm »
how's the scouting emlyn? :wave

Sorry no luck yet mate. Here is another i think you will like till i find it though. ;D

Offline lakeofire1119

• Kemlynite
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2006, 09:29:57 pm »
Well, I know I'm missing out on the British version of The Office, but the American version is pretty damn funny. The first season of it came out on DVD a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it.

Left to right: Dwight, Pam, Jim, Ryan
Front: Mike

Michael: Hey Meredith, Liz Taylor called she wants her age back and her divorces back! Get it? 'Cause she's getting old, and she's been divoced, what twice?
Why is it that when you're single, all you see are couples, yet when you're in a relationship, all you see are hookers?

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2006, 03:37:38 pm »
Well, I know I'm missing out on the British version of The Office, but the American version is pretty damn funny. The first season of it came out on DVD a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it.

Left to right: Dwight, Pam, Jim, Ryan
Front: Mike

Michael: Hey Meredith, Liz Taylor called she wants her age back and her divorces back! Get it? 'Cause she's getting old, and she's been divoced, what twice?

No no no!

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2006, 09:35:57 pm »
Yeah it is good  but its missing the quality of Brent and Gareth in the UK version
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2006, 01:12:57 am »
My dad, for example. He's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and... it can be embarrassing! He doesn't understand all the new, trendy words. Like, he'll say "poofs" instead of "gays", "birds" instead of "women", "darkies" instead of "coloreds"...

Offline gibber_blot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2006, 09:56:32 am »
Yeah it is good  but its missing the quality of Brent and Gareth in the UK version

Exactly. I was just going to say that. The Dawn and Tim characters are spot on, but the David and Gareth characters just aren't as good. The American version is still pretty funny... they seem to use many of the original scripts and jokes.

Offline saveferris

• Boys Pen
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2006, 09:41:23 pm »
“Gareth, quick test exercise, ultimate fantasy?”
“hmm?”
“We’re just doing the ultimate fantasy, we’re all doing it.”
“Two lesbians probably, sisters. I’m just watching.”
“oh, um, Tim? Do you have one?”
“I’d never thought I’d have to say this, but can I hear more from Gareth please?”

Classic program and in my opinion the funniest bit ever. Its one of the only scenes that has made me cry with laughter

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2006, 05:34:40 pm »
My dad, for example. He's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and... it can be embarrassing! He doesn't understand all the new, trendy words. Like, he'll say "poofs" instead of "gays", "birds" instead of "women", "darkies" instead of "coloreds"...

I nearly soiled myself when i saw Gareth say that
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 7, 2006, 06:51:58 pm »
Gareth: That's one reason why gays shouldn't be allowed into the army. Because if we're in battle, is he going to be looking at the enemy, or is he going to be looking at me and going "Ooh. He looks tasty in his uniform". And I'm not homophobic, all right? Come round, look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers.

Alright, I will admit, Gareth Keenan is my hero.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #186 on: September 8, 2006, 10:23:48 am »
Anyone seen the US version of The Office?  Am just downloading it now to see if its any good

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #187 on: September 8, 2006, 10:35:28 am »
Anyone seen the US version of The Office?  Am just downloading it now to see if its any good

It's not bad :) Obviously after you are used to Gervais and Freeman it's a bit weird... Steve Carrell though (40yr Old Virgin / Anchorman / Me) is good as David Brent.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline PoorScouserTommy

• Main Stander
  • Don't try
« Reply #188 on: September 8, 2006, 10:46:01 am »
Whoever he or....she is. It could be a woman...women are as dirty as men. Not mentioning any names...I don't know any. But ..women ..are ...dirty.
Right, here's the plan.. first, we're going to go in there and get wrecked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Greatness has only been achieved by those who believed that something inside them was superior to circumstances.....

AC Milan 3 - 0 Liverpool FC

Half-Time - Ataturk Stadium - Istanbul - 25/5/2005

Offline PoorScouserTommy

• Main Stander
  • Don't try
« Reply #189 on: September 8, 2006, 10:46:34 am »
so you were only talking to me so you could sleep with me ?"

Brent : "Yeah, and from behind baecause your breath smells of onions and I didn't tell you that now did I?"

(Brent gets slapped)

Finch : 'Ha, Ha - one up the bum no harm done'

Brent: No, not from behind. (Nods his head to the beat)
Right, here's the plan.. first, we're going to go in there and get wrecked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Greatness has only been achieved by those who believed that something inside them was superior to circumstances.....

AC Milan 3 - 0 Liverpool FC

Half-Time - Ataturk Stadium - Istanbul - 25/5/2005

Offline crownpaints

• Billy Lidl
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Merseyrail stinks of shit
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2006, 05:10:15 am »
Stop trying to worm your way into someone else's photo!
Mighty Reds

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2006, 12:55:45 pm »
It's not bad :) Obviously after you are used to Gervais and Freeman it's a bit weird... Steve Carrell though (40yr Old Virgin / Anchorman / Me) is good as David Brent.

Absolutely loving this at the moment, the first episode was a bit wierd, as it was basically the pilot of the UK one with different actors, but the original scripts and storylines are really growing on me now, the US Big Keith is funny as, and most of the rest of the cast are pretty damn good too.

Only one who lets them down for me is Todd Packer, the American Chris Finch, just really doesnt cut it

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:53 pm »
I think theres been a rape up there.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2006, 06:11:48 pm »
I think theres been a rape up there.

Get...their...attention

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2006, 06:12:54 pm »
Some times the complaints will be false..........

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:40 am »
ITS NOT A SEXUAL DAY.

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:32 am »
BBC Prime here in South Africa is showing the entire first series with three episodes every Saturday next month. Whooo! Don't have to buy the DVD now.  :D

Been watching the American one, and although its good, it lacks a Gareth
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2007, 10:01:05 am »
I've been watching this quite a lot recently.

I've said it before, but this from Gareth is my absolute favourite quote in the entire two series:

"My Dad's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me. And it can be embarrassing. For example, he doesn't know all the new trendy words... like he'll see poofs instead of gays... birds instead of women... darkies... instead of coloureds."

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2007, 10:11:33 am »
I've been watching this quite a lot recently.

I've said it before, but this from Gareth is my absolute favourite quote in the entire two series:

"My Dad's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me. And it can be embarrassing. For example, he doesn't know all the new trendy words... like he'll see poofs instead of gays... birds instead of women... darkies... instead of coloureds."

Mine too, followed by the 'will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark' scene.

You seen the cycling shorts bit they cut out?

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2007, 10:45:21 am »
Is series 1 or 2 better?
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan