Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 331619 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The weather
« Reply #1280 on: April 17, 2019, 12:23:45 am »
Lovely weather predicted for the Easter weekend! Looking forward to some sunshine :) :)

Yep, 20C to 22C forecasted for Friday & Saturday, 17C upwards forecasted for Wednesday & Thursday, similar for Sunday, but rain forecasted for Monday though.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2019, 06:33:45 am »
Yep, 20C to 22C forecasted for Friday & Saturday, 17C upwards forecasted for Wednesday & Thursday, similar for Sunday, but rain forecasted for Monday though.

We're going to Haven in Prestatyn Presthaven for the Easter weekend, looking forward to the break and the sun. Kids love it playing in the sand dunes.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:45:39 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1282 on: April 17, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »
We're going to Haven in Prestatyn for the Easter weekend, looking forward to the break and the sun. Kids love it playing in the sand dunes.

Nice, there is a regular bus route that serves Presthaven Sands[Arriva 11G/11M], every 30 minutes in the day, but 2 hourly evening & Sundays
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: April 17, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »
Nice, there is a regular bus route that serves Presthaven Sands[Arriva 11G/11M], every 30 minutes in the day, but 2 hourly evening & Sundays

That is what happens when you have been awake since 5, it is Presthaven Sands we are going to  :-*
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1284 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:07 pm »
Spent the last couple of days working hard in the garden, digging, planting etc. Getting warmer and more enjoyable.

One side effect of the heat is I've got a touch of sunburn. However my wife and daughter said my nose looked like a strawberry and to ake matters worse went on the say it made me look like Alex Ferguson.

Factor 50 from now onwards.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1285 on: April 17, 2019, 08:54:05 pm »
That is what happens when you have been awake since 5, it is Presthaven Sands we are going to  :-*

;D The bus route used to be an open topper that ran from about Easter until October, but that got withdrawn a few years ago, & partly replaced by a conventional service.
#Sausages

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1286 on: April 17, 2019, 11:23:35 pm »

The temperature was lovely today but looking forward to it heating up further on Friday and Saturday :)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: April 20, 2019, 06:31:30 pm »
Laid up with a chest infection for the last 3 days. Just my friggin luck.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: April 20, 2019, 10:29:24 pm »
Looks like you’ve got our weather! Been pissing down in Spain last two days, flooded everywhere.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1289 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:26 pm »
Looks like you’ve got our weather! Been pissing down in Spain last two days, flooded everywhere.

Portugal was similar. It's not very often I get off a plane here and feel overdressed.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1290 on: April 21, 2019, 02:48:46 am »
Portugal was similar. It's not very often I get off a plane here and feel overdressed.

Few mates went to Portugal[Alvar on the Algarve] on the annual golfing & pissup holiday a couple of weeks ago, & it was rain, hail ecc, the only thing missing was snow, they only had sun for the last couple of days of there holiday, whilst it was lovely & sunny here from the Grand National day onwards. ;D
#Sausages

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1291 on: April 21, 2019, 06:29:36 am »
Few mates went to Portugal[Alvar on the Algarve] on the annual golfing & pissup holiday a couple of weeks ago, & it was rain, hail ecc, the only thing missing was snow, they only had sun for the last couple of days of there holiday, whilst it was lovely & sunny here from the Grand National day onwards. ;D

With parents who live in the Algarve - and yours truly living in the UK - thats, erm somewhat of an elaborration on the truth  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: April 21, 2019, 07:45:14 am »
Another glorious morning

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: April 21, 2019, 11:04:04 am »

In Portugal it was nice on the first day last week. Put my shorts on in Lisbon on the train and took them off by the time I got to Porto as it was early evening. 5 days in Portugal and wore my shorts for about 5 hours.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1294 on: April 21, 2019, 12:44:20 pm »
Absolutely amazing Easter weather here. 18-22 degrees Celsius. Last year there was 20 cm of snow.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: April 27, 2019, 12:32:12 pm »
Fucking hell it's grim here, Storm Hannah has drenched us. So lucky to have had a glorious Easter last weekend.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: April 27, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »
Most miserable spring I've endured in Ireland so far. March was pathetic with barely three non-miserable days and April has so far been even worse with only the Easter weekend being a brief, three day respite from the gray, cold, windy and desperate weather. Can't wait to go somewhere sunny and rest my bones.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1297 on: April 27, 2019, 02:43:32 pm »
Where's the weather gone from last weekend, such a contrast to this weekend, last weekend was glorious, it was freezing & wet yesterday, i attended a funeral, got caught in the rain around 1pm & got completely soaked :(
#Sausages

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: April 27, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »
Horrible out there. I keep on expecting it go dark about 5pm as it feels like November .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1299 on: May 13, 2019, 09:03:15 am »
This week is set to be glorious, next few days above 20C, it's great now opening the curtains before 5.30am :)
#Sausages

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1300 on: May 13, 2019, 10:27:27 am »
Wasn't expecting the sun to be as strong as it was yesterday, have burnt myself quite badly, bit of a tomato now.
Legacy fan

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1301 on: May 13, 2019, 05:18:33 pm »
Yeah it was lovely yesterday. Great walk over to Anfield. Earned myself a nice burn as well. Still haven't got used to having to worry about my scalp now I've got a balding 'ed!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: May 13, 2019, 07:21:00 pm »
This week is set to be glorious, next few days above 20C, it's great now opening the curtains before 5.30am :)

Left for work at half 5 Saturday morning, it was cold but beautiful.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1303 on: June 4, 2019, 08:36:33 am »
Contrast the weather to this time last year when it was 25C & baking, it's raining & 10C less :(
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: June 4, 2019, 03:03:26 pm »
Contrast the weather to this time last year when it was 25C & baking, it's raining & 10C less :(

Utter shite isn't it. Dreading that we are going to get a crap summer this year.

Landed back from Orlando this morning, it was 36c when we took off, I'm wearing a hoodie now cos I'm freezing.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: June 4, 2019, 03:28:58 pm »
We had our Summer in February unfortunately.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1306 on: June 4, 2019, 03:58:30 pm »
I see it's been snowing in Australia, & as far north as Queensland. ;D
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48507582

I know it's winter in Australia that's below the tropics, but isn't the Australian winter similar to Florida?
« Last Edit: June 4, 2019, 04:00:29 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: June 8, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
Horrible this.

Just cycled into town and a feel like a fuckin squid.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1308 on: June 8, 2019, 12:32:03 pm »
Horrible this.

Just cycled into town and a feel like a fuckin squid.

Persistent high pressure blocking over Greenland is driving low pressure on s more southerly track. Had similar issues in that run of crap summers 2007-2013.

Hopefully it will dissipate as we move further into summer, but there's a theory about lower summer sea ice volumes over the Arctic reducing the thermal gradient between tropical and Arctic, weakening the Jet Stream (causing it to meander rather than surge west-east to the north of us), in turn allowing high pressure to build further north than it otherwise could.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1309 on: June 8, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »
It's fucking scandalous.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: June 8, 2019, 01:00:24 pm »
Depressing as fuck this weather, more like winter

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1311 on: June 8, 2019, 03:55:22 pm »
Had to put the heating on today.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: June 8, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
Deffo.

All gortexed up in June.

Wasn't it the start of the heatwave this time last year ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: June 8, 2019, 05:19:35 pm »
I feel its about to go dark in about an hour.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: June 10, 2019, 12:56:18 pm »
Deffo.

All gortexed up in June.

Wasn't it the start of the heatwave this time last year ?

Started early May. Me and the family were at New Brighton last May Day and it was beautiful. A few mad/dead 'ard kids were in the sea (and a couple of lads jumping in the marina lake - deffo mad). Had a couple of spells in the subsequent May & June where it was less nice, but overall it was great. Until the kids broke up from school, then it went downhill and far less settled.

To be honest, I'd be happy with a shit June, if it meant a brill July & August. Not had a great August from years.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1315 on: June 10, 2019, 04:24:57 pm »

Started early May. Me and the family were at New Brighton last May Day and it was beautiful. A few mad/dead 'ard kids were in the sea (and a couple of lads jumping in the marina lake - deffo mad). Had a couple of spells in the subsequent May & June where it was less nice, but overall it was great. Until the kids broke up from school, then it went downhill and far less settled.

To be honest, I'd be happy with a shit June, if it meant a brill July & August. Not had a great August from years.

I thought April-July would be a brilliant time to go to the southern hemisphere. Got back to Liverpool in July on what was apparently the first day of rain for six weeks. This year will be my first full summer in the UK for about three years and it's shit. Typical.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: June 10, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »
I thought April-July would be a brilliant time to go to the southern hemisphere. Got back to Liverpool in July on what was apparently the first day of rain for six weeks. This year will be my first full summer in the UK for about three years and it's shit. Typical.

It's a pisser in general when you go abroad on your jollies, and back home has a heatwave while you're away.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: June 10, 2019, 06:33:27 pm »
Yeah holidays are much more enjoyable when you know it's grim over here. Feels like a real getaway

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: June 10, 2019, 07:27:51 pm »
Yeah holidays are much more enjoyable when you know it's grim over here. Feels like a real getaway

Been going to Tenerife every January since 2008, it is fantastic taking off in snow and landing to sun and clear blue skies - return journey not so good like.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1319 on: June 10, 2019, 07:31:11 pm »
Went to work this morning dressed for summer, by 4pm it's apocalyptic. Ffs.