FlashGordon
10 (30.3%)
PIM
7 (21.2%)
Trend
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 21, 2020, 03:28:13 am

Author Topic: The Final 8, Part 2, deFacto vs FlashGordon, PIM vs Trend  (Read 1382 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The Final 8, Part 2, deFacto vs FlashGordon, PIM vs Trend
« on: February 20, 2020, 03:28:13 am »
No tactical fouling, i mean voting  ;D

deFacto

FlashGordon

PiM

Trend

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Final 8, Part 2, deFacto vs FlashGordon, PIM vs Trend
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 12:15:27 pm »
Hughes and Thompson, excellent players but are they stopping Ronaldo at his peak? I just can't see it.

Flash has excellent attacking quality in De Stefano,Hagi and Bettega, but I think I can minimize his threats, more than he can mine.   In the other match, I can't decide, too close to call                                                                                                                                                     

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 12:33:43 pm »
Hughes and Thompson, excellent players but are they stopping Ronaldo at his peak? I just can't see it.

Flash has excellent attacking quality in De Stefano,Hagi and Bettega, but I think I can minimize his threats, more than he can mine.   In the other match, I can't decide, too close to call                                                                                                                                                   

Blasphemy  :P
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:59:43 pm »
and at his peak how good was Gary Mac really?:D

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:17:06 pm »
In light of recent developments and investigations, I will no longer be able to accept the usual payment for my votes. Instead, candidates are advised to inquire to Durlmints City admin about potential sponsorship deals and Advisory Roles.

We are confident that the truth will prevail and we will soon return to simply taking bribes.

Thank you for your patience during this time,

Durlmints City FC
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 02:37:48 pm »
In light of recent developments and investigations, I will no longer be able to accept the usual payment for my votes. Instead, candidates are advised to inquire to Durlmints City admin about potential sponsorship deals and Advisory Roles.

We are confident that the truth will prevail and we will soon return to simply taking bribes.

Thank you for your patience during this time,

Durlmints City FC

One last time though?  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 04:19:41 pm »
Vote you buggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 06:30:43 pm »
Lack of respect for my attack, deadliest goal-scorers in the draft.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:50 pm »
Not sure about Tommy Smith in a three but such an underrated, intelligent player he could play anywhere . Alongside Bertl and Ayala they would be difficult to break down. Two outstanding full/wing backs going forward and defending. Really solid midfield two that allows that wonderful front three to roam. Best and Eusebio speak for themselves but Heighway was one of my favourite players to watch. He never ran he glided. Opposite them is the king. Belongs in the pantheon of greatest European players along with Puskas. Joined by Mazzola, nothing between the front threes. I think trend just nicks it because of his wing/full backs versatility 2-1

D's team, on closer inspection, really has merit. Great balance with top, top players (as Harry would say) in key positions. I'm thinking Ronaldo, Scholl, Ancelotti, with an outstanding back four. Whilst Di Stefano and Hagi would cause it problems along with the touts shooting ability, they would not be able to keep Ronnie and Stoichkov at bay enough to stay in the game even with the four boss reds in the team. 4-2 to De
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 06:41:57 pm »
Lack of respect for my attack, deadliest goal-scorers in the draft.
It's the haircut (Ronaldo) from 2002 that put me off

Same with Trend, the vision of Best running around the pitch with a pint of wine in his hand from the age of 26 onward was a little disturbing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:12 pm »
Not sure about Tommy Smith in a three but such an underrated, intelligent player he could play anywhere . Alongside Bertl and Ayala they would be difficult to break down. Two outstanding full/wing backs going forward and defending. Really solid midfield two that allows that wonderful front three to roam. Best and Eusebio speak for themselves but Heighway was one of my favourite players to watch. He never ran he glided. Opposite them is the king. Belongs in the pantheon of greatest European players along with Puskas. Joined by Mazzola, nothing between the front threes. I think trend just nicks it because of his wing/full backs versatility 2-1

D's team, on closer inspection, really has merit. Great balance with top, top players (as Harry would say) in key positions. I'm thinking Ronaldo, Scholl, Ancelotti, with an outstanding back four. Whilst Di Stefano and Hagi would cause it problems along with the touts shooting ability, they would not be able to keep Ronnie and Stoichkov at bay enough to stay in the game even with the four boss reds in the team. 4-2 to De

Cheers for the breakdown Bobby  :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 06:55:09 pm »
It's the haircut (Ronaldo) from 2002 that put me off

Same with Trend, the vision of Best running around the pitch with a pint of wine in his hand from the age of 26 onward was a little disturbing

Greatest haircut of all time  ;D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 06:59:43 pm »
Greatest haircut of all time  ;D
:) you should walk this with those front two but not confident it will go your way after what i experienced in group stage

people just vote against quality for some reason, weird British thing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 07:03:01 pm »
:) you should walk this with those front two but not confident it will go your way after what i experienced in group stage

people just vote against quality for some reason, weird British thing

Flashy has a nice team, really like several things about his side, but as you say, those two up front would run rampant against his back line, Ronaldo especially, as much as I love our legends, they'd be like Carra whenever he played up against Henry, on skates.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 07:07:28 pm »
Flashy has a nice team, really like several things about his side, but as you say, those two up front would run rampant against his back line, Ronaldo especially, as much as I love our legends, they'd be like Carra whenever he played up against Henry, on skates.
Flash has a great team but not a 10-5 winning team against Ronaldo & Stoichkov

If he goes through he wins though

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »
Flash has a great team but not a 10-5 winning team against Ronaldo & Stoichkov

If he goes through he wins though

I agree, it should be closer, but one of those irrational rawk draft things that happens consistently  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 07:20:38 pm »

Where you went wrong is not focusing on creating a brilliant defensive team  ;)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:21:37 pm »
I agree, it should be closer, but one of those irrational rawk draft things that happens consistently  ;D

I blame trend  ;)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 07:40:53 pm »
Where you went wrong is not focusing on creating a brilliant defensive team  ;)

Hahah as always reading my mind  ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 08:11:57 pm »
Yeah, I think deFacto nicks it. As for my game, it's close - similar strengths, but my midfield is a complete one - defensively and in circulating the ball - that gives me the edge given the defenses and attack are similar.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:22 pm »
I blame trend  ;)

I blame me too!

Nice write up on the match

Will be interesting if it’s tied 5 v 5 like yourself and Hazell

** went for DeFacto - he seems to pick players I like more than the average drafter

In the other match, I went Viva in a razor thin margin favoring Brietner and Cruyff.
That said, Hazell is deserving of much more than he receives in every draft I witnessed him in -
So whoever pulls it out, much deserved!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:33:34 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 08:38:08 pm »
In the other match, I went Viva in a razor thin margin favoring Brietner and Cruyff.
That said, Hazell is deserving of much more than he receives in every draft I witnessed him in -
So whoever pulls it out, much deserved!

Hazell is the Michael Ballack of drafting. So it is and so it shall always be.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 02:52:42 am »
Flash's robbery aside :D, congrats to both winners on getting to the semi-finals.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »
Well out PIM!  Actually thought I might have taken one in the jumblies in this tie.   Loved your Puskas, Dalglish, Mazzola trio.  And Coluna was real value at the end of the draft.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer