Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 62470 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #440 on: October 4, 2021, 06:41:20 pm »
No problem getting in the Kop yesterday. Took about 10 minutes at 4:05, had a few scoops as well steward had to me where to scan.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #441 on: October 4, 2021, 07:17:23 pm »
Didn’t see any COVID spot checks going on but I was asked to do a quick survey about COVID symptoms etc which took about 10 seconds outside the ground.

Still not good getting in, queued to get into main stand about 3.30 for about 15 minutes, still shouldn’t be happening that early before kick off.
my queue at W was moving much quicker than Milan or Chelsea, the sensor was also faster reading the barcode which should help speed up queues

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #442 on: October 5, 2021, 09:10:32 am »
The queues for entry are definitely improving and the stewards are sorting things much better. Still not perfect but definitely going in the right direction.

Now just need to sort the bar situation out so you can get a pint in a reasonable amount of time.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #443 on: October 5, 2021, 06:11:15 pm »
Barcode every time for me, less than 5 minutes wait at F1-3 at 3.55.

On another note, my pass didn’t show the City game until Saturday evening, yet Brighton was showing Monday afternoon . Samsung phone.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #444 on: October 5, 2021, 07:02:37 pm »
Barcode every time for me, less than 5 minutes wait at F1-3 at 3.55.

On another note, my pass didn’t show the City game until Saturday evening, yet Brighton was showing Monday afternoon . Samsung phone.
Went to check my pass there on the iPhone and it was gone. Turns out they are taking expired passes off the wallet now.  Was able too unhide it though.
YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: October 6, 2021, 10:58:13 am »
Went into turnstile B on Sunday about 3.40. Steward was telling Android users to use the barcode. Our turnstile should've been C or D, but it let 3 of us in with no hassle. 4th guy didn't work, and he had to use C which let him in straight away.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #446 on: October 6, 2021, 08:17:22 pm »
At the testing they said we can use any for our stand. That was for the Kop. I never use the one I'm meant to
We are a team of one half.

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #447 on: October 6, 2021, 09:00:31 pm »
I’ve always used E turnstiles no matter where I am on the Kop, it has the most turnstiles so is obviously quicker getting everyone in.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #448 on: October 7, 2021, 11:46:24 am »
NFC worked fine for me on Sunday on my android phone after having not worked for all previous games. Same turnstile each time in main stand. I’m hoping this means progress is being made with the technology. Only took about a second. Still couldn’t get any food from the bars as it wasn’t ready though.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: October 26, 2021, 04:17:18 pm »
Treated myself to a Apple Watch this week and now have my LFC membership pass synced to my apple Wallet on the watch

Will i be able to use my pass on the apple watch to get in?  Anyone tried it?

cheers

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »
Treated myself to a Apple Watch this week and now have my LFC membership pass synced to my apple Wallet on the watch

Will i be able to use my pass on the apple watch to get in?  Anyone tried it?

cheers

No I've not, but after seeing your post I'll try it Saturday. Use my apple watch for apple pay so should work hopefully.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2021, 04:25:04 pm »
No I've not, but after seeing your post I'll try it Saturday. Use my apple watch for apple pay so should work hopefully.

Yeah just reading Apple watch has built in NFC so should be good mate

As you say, I've also setup apple pay too but not used it yet.  (didn't even have it set up on my iPhone so its all new to me :) )

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: October 27, 2021, 07:41:46 am »
Someone in this thread early on said they used it and it was fine, I've meant to each time and ended up just using my phone because I didn't want to be the person fucking about and holding people up.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2021, 07:43:17 pm »
Any advice on NFC greatly appreciated.

When I went to the Palace game I was using an iPhone, had no issues downloading my membership onto the relevant passes app and got into the ground fine.

Sold my phone (having wiped/formatted it) and bought a Samsung with Android. I tried to download the NFC pass onto this but it didn't work. I contacted the club this morning who said they'd reset my NFC pass so I should be able to download it, but it still didn't work.

I tried using my laptop, but when I scanned the Google Pay version of the pass I had the same error message. When I tried to download the Apple version, it seemed to work once I'd downloaded an app (WalletPasses / Passbook Wallet).

I'm concerned however that I'm going to turn up at the ground on Saturday and the Apple version won't work from an Android phone. I'm probably going to end up going back to the ticket office again tomorrow but if anyone knows whether the above should work (ie the Apple version of the pass stored on a third party app on an Android phone) please let me know!

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2021, 07:56:37 pm »
You have to download it by logging in using your mobile phone, and you must already have a debit card stored and which has been used, on your Google Pay. And crucially, you have to use the Google Chrome browser to do this.

That SHOULD then work fine. If not, then it's probably something the club will need to sort.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2021, 08:12:32 pm »
You have to download it by logging in using your mobile phone, and you must already have a debit card stored and which has been used, on your Google Pay. And crucially, you have to use the Google Chrome browser to do this.

That SHOULD then work fine. If not, then it's probably something the club will need to sort.

Cheers, didn't see the thing about having a debit card stored / used anywhere. I don't use Google Pay generally, might have to do so at the supermarket tomorrow just for the sake of it ;D

Edit: Seems to have worked now! Cheers that's great.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 08:15:35 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2021, 12:53:29 am »
... you must already have a debit card stored and which has been used, on your Google Pay. And crucially, you have to use the Google Chrome browser to do this. ...

What's your source for this?  It would explain why I have to use the bar code rather than NFC, as I've never used Google Pay to make an NFC payment.  (My NFC is on and working fine for other things )

Also just seen the Club's latest guide for Android users like me, which says:

"Alternatively, you can click ‘show code’ to display a barcode and the (sic) hold your smartphone
on the reader."

That's not right.  If using the barcode, it has to be held so that the barcode is visible to the scanner.  That means inserting it face up into the slot.  If the barcode is nearer the bottom of the screen than top, and you have a particularly long Android phone, it might need to be inserted bottom first.  Turning screen brightness to max, not automatic, can help.

If you have a very thick phone, it might not fit in the slot, so you better hope NFC works.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 01:10:56 am by MKB »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2021, 07:31:56 am »
I downloaded a ticket to my Dad's phone the other week. He's never had a card on GooglePay before and he was able to download the ticket.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2021, 09:41:45 pm »
Looking for some help here.  My daughter has distributed her ticket to my son.  He has an android phone and he cannot download the ticket to his phone.  He says he has used chrome, has nfc enabled etc.  It just won't work.  He keep getting an error.  I am going to the game as well.  I have an iPhone.  If he logs into his email account on my phone (or forwards the email to me) can I download his ticket to me phone?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2021, 09:46:23 pm »
Update - it worked.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2021, 01:21:29 am »
Might sound like a stupid question but my dad can't go the match tomorrow, only just found out now. So am now going with a mate, can he just screenshot the barcode and send it to my mate? It won't let him send the ticket to him on Google pay

Offline I am new

• Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2021, 01:24:33 am »
Doesnt matter it won't let him screenshot due to security. Has anyone got any ideas please???  I don't half miss the cards

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2021, 01:27:38 am »
Doesnt matter it won't let him screenshot due to security. Has anyone got any ideas please???  I don't half miss the cards
it should let you send the ticket to him through his email? If not get your dad to delete his NFC pass and get your mate to login to your dads account and download the NFC the pass

Offline I am new

• Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2021, 01:45:06 am »
it should let you send the ticket to him through his email? If not get your dad to delete his NFC pass and get your mate to login to your dads account and download the NFC the pass
I can't find any option to email anything 😪

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2021, 01:50:15 am »
I can't find any option to email anything 😪
when did you buy the ticket? You should be able to click on the ticket in his purchase history then hit distribute red box at the top, if not do the login on your mates phone I said above

Offline I am new

• Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #465 on: October 30, 2021, 02:29:30 am »
when did you buy the ticket? You should be able to click on the ticket in his purchase history then hit distribute red box at the top, if not do the login on your mates phone I said above
Ahhhh thanks   Found the distribute option  will have to do it in the morning now  would never of found that 😀

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2021, 08:00:03 pm »
Just trying to help my sons mate out downloading his Madrid ticket. Just so I can get my head round it, If you only have a fan number (not a members card). Do you have an NFC ticket in your Google Pay all the time but blank until someone distributes a ticket to you or do you just download a ticket each time?

He has got the email with ticket details on but can’t download it.
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: October 30, 2021, 09:30:45 pm »
Just trying to help my sons mate out downloading his Madrid ticket. Just so I can get my head round it, If you only have a fan number (not a members card). Do you have an NFC ticket in your Google Pay all the time but blank until someone distributes a ticket to you or do you just download a ticket each time?

He has got the email with ticket details on but can’t download it.
email each time

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #468 on: October 31, 2021, 11:37:44 am »
The club must have been doing some work on the NFC stuff, my android phone which previously had to be manually updated each game to load the latest ticket details is now doing it automatically each game.
Have already got Madrid in my wallet on Google Pay.
Well done whoever got it sorted, now can you move onto more pressing matters like our midfield please?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: October 31, 2021, 06:02:14 pm »
The club must have been doing some work on the NFC stuff, my android phone which previously had to be manually updated each game to load the latest ticket details is now doing it automatically each game.
Well done whoever got it sorted, now can you move onto more pressing matters like our midfield please?

Yep, mines now automatically updating now.

Also ground entry was instant on Saturday, so much smoother.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #470 on: November 1, 2021, 09:03:25 am »
What were the queues like for Brighton?

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #471 on: November 1, 2021, 09:22:09 am »

Queues seem to be getting back to pre-NFC levels now. Of course to balance that out on Saturday my iPhone decided for the first time not to work on NFC so had to call up the code!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #472 on: November 1, 2021, 11:06:11 am »

Same here, mine was previously updating the day before the match but Brighton and Atletico have been straight after the previous game.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: November 1, 2021, 01:19:01 pm »
Someone in this thread early on said they used it and it was fine, I've meant to each time and ended up just using my phone because I didn't want to be the person fucking about and holding people up.

Membership pass on my Apple Watch worked like a dream on Saturday

The fella on the gate must have been a bit of a Technophobe as he basically looked at me in bewilderment like he wanted to have me burned as witch :)

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #474 on: November 1, 2021, 05:46:46 pm »
I got there at 2.30 on Saturday which is much later than previous games, and the queue only took five minutes in the main stand. Getting back to normal.
Think it’s a combination of some tech improvements by the club, more fans knowing how to use it, and the stewards being better organised.
I’ve been very critical but they seem to have got on top of it.

Offline Dogz

• Boys Pen
« Reply #475 on: November 1, 2021, 07:53:29 pm »
My brother has distributed his ticket for Wednesday to me but when I click on the add to google pay link in the pdf I get an error on my Android phone, 'something went wrong please try again.' We have tried recalling and redistributing but always the same error. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Gogeqac

• Main Stander
  • Ohhh ya beauty!
« Reply #476 on: November 1, 2021, 07:59:34 pm »
My brother has distributed his ticket for Wednesday to me but when I click on the add to google pay link in the pdf I get an error on my Android phone, 'something went wrong please try again.' We have tried recalling and redistributing but always the same error. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks.

Try to use Chrome when adding it to google pay.
YNWA

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #477 on: November 1, 2021, 08:05:41 pm »

Ale queue at half time in the main stand was a joke, they had one draught pump working for about 8 tills. Need that sorting

Offline Dogz

• Boys Pen
« Reply #478 on: November 1, 2021, 08:17:03 pm »
Sorted it ....turns out it only works with chrome and not the default browser on my Samsung phone !!!

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #479 on: November 1, 2021, 08:34:24 pm »
Sorted it ....turns out it only works with chrome and not the default browser on my Samsung phone !!!

Yep, it's a known issue on Android, it's in the FAQs

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/error-when-downloading-a-ticket-distributed-to-me