Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2786684 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats
« Reply #15640 on: July 25, 2021, 11:02:20 pm »
I did read on Twitter that there is supposed to be a 6 year statute of limitations.

But if there is found to be fraud or tax avoidance then the statute of limitations is no more.

From those email leaks they did show that the players image rights were diverted to a tax haven in the Carribean managed by an ex Tory donor, HMRC will surely be interested in what comes out form this surely.

You would think.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15641 on: July 25, 2021, 11:05:45 pm »
You just need to follow the money and it'll all unravel, but there's no authority that can do that.  You'd need to look at the books for City and their sponsors independently.

Won't be too long before they start trading in crypto currency, makes it harder to track and hold people to account. I'd hope authorities are wary and have robust plans in place to deal with such a scenario

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15642 on: July 25, 2021, 11:15:26 pm »
Won't be too long before they start trading in crypto currency, makes it harder to track and hold people to account. I'd hope authorities are wary and have robust plans in place to deal with such a scenario
That's a salient point, how do we know they aren't paying players/agents etc etc in cryptocurrency?

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #15643 on: July 26, 2021, 12:21:25 am »
https://companieshouse.blog.gov.uk/2016/02/17/fraud-what-we-can-and-cant-do/

“Any allegations of fraudulent activity should always be reported directly to the police”

Have the police been contacted directly by anyone (PL, Nick Harris, etc)? If not can Joe Public walk into a police station and file a report of tax fraud, citing documents from the MoS as their evidence?

This will at least open up another line of investigation, i.e. criminal investigation.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15644 on: July 26, 2021, 01:30:41 am »
This has been the most interesting thread today and the whole thing is just starting...

I hope this comes to the right conclusion and City get shipped to the Championship next season. Let's see if they can keep all the big earners in that league.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15645 on: July 26, 2021, 01:37:20 am »
This has been the most interesting thread today and the whole thing is just starting...

I hope this comes to the right conclusion and City get shipped to the Championship next season. Let's see if they can keep all the big earners in that league.

Cough "big earners" cough
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15646 on: July 26, 2021, 09:24:02 am »
Paid, or threatened.

Paid AND threatened, maybe?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #15647 on: July 26, 2021, 09:25:45 am »
Fuck all will happen to them.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15648 on: July 26, 2021, 09:27:35 am »
You just need to follow the money and it'll all unravel, but there's no authority that can do that.  You'd need to look at the books for City and their sponsors independently.

Yes, there is, HMRC and NFIB.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15649 on: July 26, 2021, 10:38:13 am »
I wouldnt hold my breath on this one

when they got their champions league "ban" you just knew it would be overturned

this will probably be swept under the carpet
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #15650 on: July 26, 2021, 02:01:59 pm »
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1004891/TC_letter_to_Oliver_Dowden_Accessible_Format.pdf

Not sure if anyone knows about the initial results of the fan led review into football, worth a read. I was hoping there would be some mention of City's owners in there. If Tracey Crouch is going to issue her final recommendations in Autumn then I think it's time we all email her the concerns we have with City's human rights abusing owners and their blatant cheating that has resulted in......

clubs missing out on league titles,
clubs missing out on European spots,
clubs missing out on tv money through European qualification,
clubs missing out on potentially bigger sponsorship deals through higher league placement.

If this MP is going to be in charge of a revolution in how football is run, she needs to force the Premier League to hand City a severe punishment if they are found guilty, so it stops anything like this from happening again.

Won't work like that from Crouch - she's doing a general overview, not picking fights with individual clubs. The City stuff would fall under the independent regulator, assuming the powers recommended are given to them, so you won't see a cosy little side deal from the Premier League hushing it all up but an incentive to ensure whatever financial regulations in place are being followed with sporting penalties for failing to do that. If the regulator is insisting that lower league teams behave in a sustainable way then the whims of the monarch of a gulf state are no less governed by the same principle. And inflated sponsorship from the owner's other companies really, really isn't that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15651 on: July 26, 2021, 02:20:57 pm »
Whilst I’ve no doubt that City are as bent as fuck I’ve a feeling that it’s a legal battle the premier league don’t want, unless the other clubs push them.
They will fight very aggressively, delay, every tactic under the sun to prevent punishment.
They are utter c*nts.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15652 on: July 26, 2021, 02:22:51 pm »
Whilst I’ve no doubt that City are as bent as fuck I’ve a feeling that it’s a legal battle the premier league don’t want, unless the other clubs push them.
They will fight very aggressively, delay, every tactic under the sun to prevent punishment.
They are utter c*nts.
The other clubs will be pushing them very strongly. The Premier League can't afford to fall out with United, us, Spurs and Arsenal.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #15653 on: July 26, 2021, 02:27:14 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #15654 on: July 26, 2021, 02:34:43 pm »
Just can't believe the PL will succeed where UEFA failed.
City will find a way out of this.

Also
Penultimate tweet in this thread: Manchester City made Ł600m from commercial income in the past decade alone than rivals like Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. How?

Assuming this means they received Ł600m more than those 3 clubs over 10years, that is insane
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:50:57 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15655 on: July 26, 2021, 03:48:16 pm »
Just can't believe the PL will succeed where UEFA failed.
City will find a way out of this.

Unfortunately this is exactly where I am at.

Here's an interesting question though - would you be happy if the PL stripped City of all their PLs and awarded them to the teams that finished second in each case? That would mean 2 more for us, but 3 more for United  ;D

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #15656 on: July 26, 2021, 03:58:53 pm »

Here's an interesting question though - would you be happy if the PL stripped City of all their PLs and awarded them to the teams that finished second in each case? That would mean 2 more for us, but 3 more for United  ;D

Nop
Even if it were to our benefit more than anyone else.

Only thing making me say yes is Stevie would get a medal  :P

Would rather future punishment and maybe just null and void the champions for the seasons they won
Or the trophy would get to messy, easy for the engraver guy to just do this

2020-2021 Manchester City

;D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15657 on: July 26, 2021, 04:32:25 pm »

No I wouldn’t want to win the title in a courtroom. The top place should just be left blank as a permanent reminder of Man City’s disgrace.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15658 on: July 26, 2021, 04:43:26 pm »

Be very happy if the PL did the right thing and stripped them from the titles they cheated to get.

But nope, would not want them awarded to Liverpool and Man Utd years after the fact. Just have them left empty. 

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15659 on: July 26, 2021, 05:11:31 pm »
Yep. It would mean nothing after all this time.

Shame as if we won those two titles at time (which we nearly did) I'd have gone nuts
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15660 on: July 26, 2021, 05:34:46 pm »
Don’t think anything will happen. No different to the CL ban IMO, money talks so stuff like this is generally a non story with a side like City. Looks like the same routine, news story which continues for a while with more ‘revelations’ coming out, fans start talking about it and a big date comes up for a decision, only for them to be cleared of everything or any ban to be completely overturned and them hit with some stupid pointless fine.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15661 on: July 26, 2021, 06:40:37 pm »
In a lot of ways this is just the inevitable conclusion of the PL's drive for money above everything else.  At some point your morals go out the window when all you care about is "more".  The fact there is a sizable portion of the Newcastle fan base that is pro-Saudi takeover is all that really needs to be said.  Nothing will be done to ManC and this is all in the end just a footnote for some future history in Middle Eastern politics.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15662 on: July 26, 2021, 08:02:37 pm »
No I wouldn’t want to win the title in a courtroom. The top place should just be left blank as a permanent reminder of Man City’s disgrace.

Financial doping, a la Armstrong and the Tour de France.

EDIT: The only thing that will motivate the PL on City is damage to the brand.  City clearly want to drag things out so the issue expires, but now with judges leaning in on the matter it becomes more difficult for all parties. There will probably be some kind of deal cut, as City will just take the whole thing to CAS again otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:07:08 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15663 on: July 26, 2021, 08:50:13 pm »
Yes, there is, HMRC and NFIB.

Tubby mentioned looking at the books of their sponsors.
Problem is the big sponsors are Etihad, who are headquartered in Abu Dhabi.
HMRC can't touch them.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15664 on: July 26, 2021, 08:54:24 pm »
Financial doping, a la Armstrong and the Tour de France.

EDIT: The only thing that will motivate the PL on City is damage to the brand.  City clearly want to drag things out so the issue expires, but now with judges leaning in on the matter it becomes more difficult for all parties. There will probably be some kind of deal cut, as City will just take the whole thing to CAS again otherwise.

Didn't CAS agree with UEFA, but it was the time expiring that allowed City to get off?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15665 on: July 26, 2021, 08:57:28 pm »
HMRC can't touch them.

If they do business in the UK that's patently untrue.  The US government goes after non-US based entities all the time since they use the US financial system.  I'm sure the same is true there in the UK.

Didn't CAS agree with UEFA, but it was the time expiring that allowed City to get off?

Yes.  And UEFA also had indicators that the evidence ManC used was also problematic but instead of continuing the fight they gave up.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #15666 on: July 26, 2021, 08:59:55 pm »
That PrestwichBlue is Citehs version of Catshitintheye on GOT. Just seen some of the nonsense it farts out. Genuinely deluded and a an absolute parody.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15667 on: July 26, 2021, 09:01:34 pm »

Aye.  I suspect City's non cooperation with the PL is with a similar mind to drag proceedings out past the expiry date, if that is possible.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15668 on: July 26, 2021, 09:25:46 pm »
That PrestwichBlue is Citehs version of Catshitintheye on GOT. Just seen some of the nonsense it farts out. Genuinely deluded and a an absolute parody.

Nasty little weasel him
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15669 on: July 26, 2021, 09:30:13 pm »
He posted some pathetic shit on here as Manchester Blue before he was banned. Totally deluded.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15670 on: July 26, 2021, 10:32:43 pm »

No. Basically because you can't prove that the runners up in each of those seasons would have won the League had City not been in it. In 17/18 for example I'm convinced we would have finished above United had the title been on the line, but instead we threw away results against West Brom, Stoke, Everton and Chelsea to focus on the Champions League.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15671 on: July 27, 2021, 12:21:24 am »
HMRC can't touch them.
HMRC can touch them for diverting player image rights to a tax haven in the Carribean.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15672 on: July 27, 2021, 01:02:15 am »
No. Basically because you can't prove that the runners up in each of those seasons would have won the League had City not been in it. In 17/18 for example I'm convinced we would have finished above United had the title been on the line, but instead we threw away results against West Brom, Stoke, Everton and Chelsea to focus on the Champions League.

Exactly, just have them listed as no winner for that year.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15673 on: July 27, 2021, 01:07:22 am »
Exactly, just have them listed as no winner for that year.

No winner declared would be great, because it'd be there in the history books forever, no winner assigned due to Man City cheating. It'll never happen, but that's the sort of outcome that'd nip their whole sports washing endeavour in the bud. No coming back from that.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15674 on: July 27, 2021, 01:09:12 am »
No winner declared would be great, because it'd be there in the history books forever, no winner assigned due to Man City cheating. It'll never happen, but that's the sort of outcome that'd nip their whole sports washing endeavour in the bud. No coming back from that.
My thoughts exactly, everyone would know why now and as time goes by people would ask why and it would get brought up again

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15675 on: July 27, 2021, 02:52:49 am »
HMRC can touch them for diverting player image rights to a tax haven in the Carribean.

If HMRC ping them on one count, could they insist on openness for a period due to their proven untrustworthiness? Open books for Man City would be just as effective as enforced FFP.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15676 on: July 27, 2021, 06:53:45 am »

Also have a televised event when each player, all of whom know where their money comes from, has to do a forlorn walk with their medals on a velvet cushion and hand them over to a scrap metal dealer.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15677 on: July 27, 2021, 08:19:31 am »
They must be ecstatic people are finally talking about them
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15678 on: July 27, 2021, 09:11:39 am »
Also have a televised event when each player, all of whom know where their money comes from, has to do a forlorn walk with their medals on a velvet cushion and hand them over to a scrap metal dealer.

I'd even watch this on Pay Per View ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15679 on: July 27, 2021, 09:12:18 am »
They must be ecstatic people are finally talking about them

We're just killing time till Mo buys a new hat really.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."