Author Topic: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest 1988 - fill yer boots  (Read 49233 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest 1988 - fill yer boots
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2021, 03:19:25 pm »
Was it really moved from the start of the season until April? I thought we just played our first few away?

I thought maybe this one was postponed because of a cup fixture clash or bad weather but I could be wrong!

I'm not sure, but think the issue with the kop happened after the 87/88 fixtures were released, i seem to remember us going to the league to postpone a couple of home matches because of it[Forest might have been one of the fixtures], Forest could well have been [re]scheduled to midweek, then moved again to the April date because of a cup fixture clash.
#Sausages

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »
Was in the Kemln next to the Road End, with my arl fella.

Thought the scabs had brought a big following as the terracing adjacent to the Kemlyn was being used. Then saw someone from school in there and realised it'd been opened for us.

I remember after about 5 minutes, me arl fella said, "gona be nil nil this", ha ha.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2021, 04:57:17 pm »
Slightly off topic, but I had a VHS of the greatest LFC games. My dad used to wax lyrically about the great sides of 70s and 80s (he's not a fan of the 90s sides  ;D), he went to home and aways early 80s, so he got me some VHS for my 'footballing education' when I was a kid. 1978 Liverpool 7 - 0 Spurs was my favorite. "Johnson, and Johnson the ball into arces of space for Heighway, and Heighway a brilliant cross back, and what a classic goal." Lost count how many times watched those highlights.

I think I may have had the same video mate (or set of 3; 1 video for each decade)...

the 70's video, with highlights of the Spurs game, can be seen here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLQmx96d8o

the 80's - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpxtd3

the 90's (I think) - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17h3po

« Last Edit: August 1, 2021, 02:53:44 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly