Author Topic: Swansea City  (Read 27151 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Swansea City
« on: June 9, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »

LIBERTY STADIUM

Official Web Site: www.swanseacity.net
Unofficial Web Sites:Planet Swans & Vital Swansea

Address: Morfa, Swansea, SA1 2FA
Telephone No: 01792 616 600
Ticket Office: 08700 400 004
Capacity: 20,500
Away end: 2,000

Fixtures[/center]

Directions & Parking
For a street map of the area & the ground CLICK HERE

By Road
Leave the M4 at Junction 45 and take the A4067 towards the City Centre (sign posted A4067 South). Stay on the A4067 for around two and half miles and you will reach the stadium on your left. Car parking at the stadium is for permit holders only and most of the immediate residential areas around the stadium now have 'residents only' parking schemes in place. However away mini buses and coaches can park behind the North Stand in a fenced compound, at a cost of £20 per coach and £10 per minibus.

Away supporters are being encouraged to use the Park & Ride facility located at Swansea Vale, which is signposted off the A4067, shortly after leaving the M4. The cost of parking there including transport by bus to and from the stadium is £5 per car (away coaches and mini buses are parked at the stadium itself at a cost of £10 per vehicle). Away supporters have their own separate buses to and from the stadium, with the buses waiting outside the away stand at the end of the game to take supporters back to the car park. Don't be tempted to park on the nearby Retail Park as you may well end up with a ticket, or worse still, clamped for your trouble!

There is also some street parking to be had. If coming from the M4, you pass the stadium on your left and continue straight on towards Swansea, then after going under a bridge, then there are a number of roads on the right, where on street parking is available. It is then around a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.

By Rail
Swansea High Street Station is on the main line route from London Paddington. It is about two miles from the stadium. Regular local bus services (every ten minutes: routes 4, 4a, 120, 122, 125, 132) and taxis (around £3.50) are available from the train station to the stadium. Otherwise if you have time on your hands and wish to embark on the 25-30 minute walk, then as you come out of the station turn right and go up the High Street. At the traffic lights turn right into Neath Road. Proceed straight along Neath Road and you will eventually reach the stadium on your right.

Away Fans
Away fans are housed in the North Stand at one end of the stadium, where up to 2,000 fans can be accommodated. This is increased to 2,500 for Cup games. The views of the playing action from this area are excellent as there is a good height between rows and the leg room is probably the most generous of any stadium that I have visited. The concourses are spacious, with food and beverage outlets, plus a number of television sets, for pre-match and half time entertainment. As you would expect from a new stadium the facilities are good. Away fans are separated from home fans by black netting spread over a few rows of seats to either side of the away section, with a line of stewards and Police also in attendance. Interestingly, the main singing contingent of home fans, have, in the traditions of the Vetch Field, situated themselves along one side of the pitch in the East Stand, rather than at the South end of the stadium. Tickets will not be sold to away supporters by Swansea City on the day of the match, so do not travel unless you already have a ticket from your own Club.

Pub Guide and extras
Nearly all the pubs near to the stadium are for home fans only, so it is either drink on the way to Swansea, go into the city centre or drink inside the stadium.  Merv Williams informs me; 'There are a number of pubs on Wind (pronounced as winding a watch) Street in the centre of town, such as Yates, the Bank Statement and the No Sign Bar (the latter being listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide). Ask for Castle Gardens, and you'll see Wind Street'. Mick Clarkson a visiting Preston North End fan adds; 'After leaving the train station we proceeded up the High Street and went into the Full Moon public house. The locals both young and old were very friendly and we had a good laugh with all in there both before and after the game. Basic pub with pool table and Sky Sports and a Leeds fan for a landlord and excellent cheap beer'.

Alcohol in the form of Carling (£3.20 a pint) and Worthington (£3.20 a pint) are served within the stadium. The Club open the turnstiles one hour before kick off, so that fans have the option to eat & drink within the stadium itself.

Stadium Plan
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 02:02:16 am by Frank. »
87:13

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: Swansea City
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:22:08 am »
Just a bit of advice - I wouldn't go in the Full Moon. The Preston fans might have had a decent time but generally speaking the place has got a bit of a rep as being best avoided. Same thing applies for most of the pubs to your right right as you turn out of the train station. The Full Moon and the Old Duke in particular are best avoided - Although I'd be surprised if most people got in to the Old Duke, if it's sunny there'll usually be a few less than pleasent characters on the step outside with a dog.

Turn to your left as you leave the train station and it's a 5-10 minute walk til you're on Wind Street. It's difficult to avoid off the main road. You'll walk past the shite ruins of a castle on your left and the fountain and concrete square on your right. No Sign is a decent pub, the rest are your usual fare, but it's as good a place as any for a few drinks before the match. There's also a taxi rank at the top of wind street by Castle Gardens (the concrete square with a foutain). Unless they're especially generous on match days I think you'll be lucky to get a taxi from town to the stadium for £3.50.

If you're taking a bus then I'd advise turning up for the bus before the one you intend on getting. Not sure what the bus services around Morriston are like (you'll get the Bendy Buses - enjoy!) but the rest of Swansea is fucking terrible, and the times, during the day at least, change on a whim. I wouldn't trust what's written up on a board.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline chappers85

• Kemlynite
  • LFC is my religion
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »
Not a bad destination for a night is Swansea, may have try and get to this game

Offline Beige

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:24:56 am »
Any idea when the tickets come for sale? Gonna have to book flights soon.

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:45:09 am »
Any idea when the tickets come for sale? Gonna have to book flights soon.

Prob 2-3 weeks before the game mate. 

Offline Beige

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:33:35 am »
Thanks for the reply. Gonna take a chance on the Chelsea match then. At least I get to visit Liverpool again if I don't get a ticket, and the flights are half the price.

Offline Mark Wilson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:44:52 pm »
Been watching reds down here last 5 seasons.dont think I'll be there next season unfortunately