Author Topic: RIP Carl van Riel (Sir Harvest Fields) 17/11/17- RAWKs JustGiving Xmas Miracle!  (Read 147786 times)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If we’re short should we take what we have and stick it all in Red on an online Roulette? Seems the right thing to do.

"it's what he would have wanted"

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Zimbabwe?

I think Nigeria is a more valid guess... ;)

Offline GrandOldAuntieHelenVanriel

• Kings Lynn? More like Vera Lynn! :) Norfolk Granny 2018 Award.
  • Main Stander
  • no one is free. Even birds are chained to the sky
Just popping my head in guys, trying to keep up with all the posts and well wishes.

I just have to say something because it’s really unsettling me. (I know I am a bit emotional at the moment so super sensitive) but can I please ask that donors to the fund do not put comments such as sorry it’s not much etc. If you only gave 10p that’s 10p Carl would have been pleased with and as a family it’s 10p less that we will have to find. You have no idea how much this all means to us. You guys work hard and earn your dollar and to think of giving some of it away to a family you have never met, regardless of your relationship with Carl, is the epitome of all that is good about the world. Seriously, I cannot begin to thank you enough. So please, for all those who donated, irrespective of the amount, please accept my thanks, from the very bottom of my heart.
I love you all xxx
The trouble is, you think you have time....

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
If we’re short should we take what we have and stick it all in Red on an online Roulette? Seems the right thing to do.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
.....but can I please ask that donors to the fund do not put comments such as sorry it’s not much etc. If you only gave 10p that’s 10p Carl would have been pleased with and as a family it’s 10p less that we will have to find. You have no idea how much this all means to us. You guys work hard and earn your dollar and to think of giving some of it away to a family you have never met, regardless of your relationship with Carl, is the epitome of all that is good about the world. Seriously, I cannot begin to thank you enough. So please, for all those who donated, irrespective of the amount, please accept my thanks, from the very bottom of my heart.
I love you all xxx
Told youse ;) Never apologise for doing a good thing.....

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
"it's what he would have wanted"

Hahahaha :lmao
Come on Everyone!!! DONATE DONATE DONATE!!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Put some money in. Hope he gets a good send off. RIP

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Just popping my head in guys, trying to keep up with all the posts and well wishes.

I just have to say something because it’s really unsettling me. (I know I am a bit emotional at the moment so super sensitive) but can I please ask that donors to the fund do not put comments such as sorry it’s not much etc. If you only gave 10p that’s 10p Carl would have been pleased with and as a family it’s 10p less that we will have to find. You have no idea how much this all means to us. You guys work hard and earn your dollar and to think of giving some of it away to a family you have never met, regardless of your relationship with Carl, is the epitome of all that is good about the world. Seriously, I cannot begin to thank you enough. So please, for all those who donated, irrespective of the amount, please accept my thanks, from the very bottom of my heart.
I love you all xxx

Can I get £9.90 back then?!  ;) :D

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Done. This place never ceases to amaze me. Only know a couple off here personally, but the solidarity from everyone who in most cases have never met eachother is astounding, and unbelievably refreshing.

RIP Carl

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
:missus  .....using a memorial fundraiser page to appeal a ban imposed for a blatant breach of this site's rules (duplicate account following a previous ban). For shame!

Tom de Vries
Nov 21, 2017
RIP Carl, warmest condolences to the van Riel family. Also RAWK hierarchy, unban ggcc14 pls.

"warmest" !!!!!!  Jesus Christ - one simply does not say that.  A wanker on many counts.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline GrandOldAuntieHelenVanriel

• Kings Lynn? More like Vera Lynn! :) Norfolk Granny 2018 Award.
  • Main Stander
  • no one is free. Even birds are chained to the sky
Can I get £9.90 back then?!  ;) :D

No 😂😂😂😂
The trouble is, you think you have time....

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Well, I read this sad news last week at work and for one reason and another haven't got round to posting. Like most on here, I didn't know Carl personally, but as with others, you feel a bit of a connection, whether its writing style, shared experiences or sheer appreciation of his honesty and shared laughs.

it also shows what a great community this place, for all its warts, quirks and half time whoppers, really is and the just giving bit is mind blowing in its generosity.

RIP Carl, YNWA
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I love you all xxx

We love Carl here at RAWK Towers, hun but I think you’re starting to realise that, right? ;)

I just saw that several of the donators are people who are not on RAWK anymore but they’ve seen the news of Carl’s passing on Twitter and decided to donate because of the person Carl was. That to me speaks volumes about Carl. :thumbup

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
24/7 - give yourself a huge pat on the back from all of us, this is an amazing gesture you've created.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Is there a black friday sale on in here too? ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
24/7 - give yourself a huge pat on the back from all of us, this is an amazing gesture you've created.
It's actually Bennekov who deserves that. He got in touch to explain originally how serious things were and I am so glad that he did....then it's everyone who has contributed that deserves thanks. I'm at the back of a very long line. :thumbup

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bunged some in the kitty, one less stress for you to worry about hopefully.
choose Life.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you for that, much appreciated by his family, I know.

Summary as of midnight = £2377, 56% of target, 123 supporters. Just amazing.

Helen informs me that the family has until December 29th to settle the invoice with the funeral directors, so the appeal will stay open for as long as it needs to up until just before that date - I believe there's a limit on JustGiving but I'm sure it's a lot longer that that. Either way, this is A HUUUUUUUGE load off their mind and as Helen said, every 10p is 10p off the stress of it all.

RAWK rocks :wellin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:33:20 pm by 24/7 »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good to know Jim, means it’ll be open for another payday.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Good to know Jim, means it’ll be open for another payday.
Yup.

(pretty sure Carl would laugh at that - it's a shame there's no kittens in that pic..................................CAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

HAHAHA is that 10p by any chance............?

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

No - But there might be one on Brown Saturday.   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 12:20:18 am by Pie Eyed »
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
HAHAHA is that 10p by any chance............?

Certainly not the £9.90, that's for sure

Offline binge

• Kopite
What was Carl’s name that the mods or himself changed from the original SHF?

Online RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Told youse ;) Never apologise for doing a good thing.....
Absolutely
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
I did what I could and hope he is reincarnated as a cat. We all know it's going to happen.

RIP Carl
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
So sad to learn about this. God bless your soul.

RIP carl.

YNWA

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What was Carl’s name that the mods or himself changed from the original SHF?

I believe the original was Harvest Fields. Sir was added later
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Stuck a few quid in, hope that it reaches it's target.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's actually Bennekov who deserves that. He got in touch to explain originally how serious things were and I am so glad that he did....then it's everyone who has contributed that deserves thanks. I'm at the back of a very long line. :thumbup

Thanks, Jim! :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Blimey. We're at 60% :o

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Wow, Carl has the *only* "track profile edits" record I've seen run into two pages :lmao

Okay, here are his username edits in chronological order, starting from his own registration, with the guilty party in parenthesis:

Harvest Fields (Carl)
Sir Harvest Fields (Barney_Rubble Dec 2010)
Sir Harvest Fiields (Barney_Rubble Nov 2012)
Sr Harvest Fiields (Jonathan Hall Nov 2012)
Bad Santa Fiields (SP Dec 2012)
Sr Harvest Fiields (Pheeny Jan 2013)
ShepherdsintheFieldsbyNight (5th Bentile Dec 2013)
Harvest Fields (5th Bentlie Dec 2013)
Baronet Harvest Fields (SP Dec 2013)
Baronet Harvest Fields M.B.E (SP Dec 2013....busy period for Carl's username being abused, clearly!)
Sir Bobble Clops (Claire Feb 2014)
Sri Harvest Feilds (24/7 March 2014)
Sir Harvest Fields (24/7 May 2014)

Phew, what a journey...........you should see his custom title changes :lmao

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I didn’t know Carl, but I read this thread and from there ended up reading pretty much all of the one he set up back in 2009. It was a pretty profound experience, humbling, horrific, sometimes humorous, always honest. I’ve found everyone’s solidarity and humanity very moving and to me that spirit represents the very embodiment of this club’s fanbase. RIP Carl, deepest sympathies to the family. YNWA.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Wow, Carl has the *only* "track profile edits" record I've seen run into two pages :lmao

Have a look at Crosby Nick's.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Good point that, you could donate £20 but say you actually donated £30  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Have a look at Crosby Nick's.

There was a point when you changed it daily with a different place beginning with C each time!

What did Carl do that earned the Knighthood?! And Sir Bobble Clops, I remember that one. :D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.