Author Topic: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom  (Read 51225 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:39 pm »
Laughing at the sheet in Richie's first pic ;D

Well done Dudleyred, be great to see it again, and the Annie rd sounds right. It's quite continental in style...i reckon Klopp will love it :)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Firstly apologies for the separate thread but felt for the short term it was best - MODS hope that's ok and perhaps we can merge it in a few weeks?

For those of you following the other thread you will be aware we have made some progress with the RAWK surfer:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335480.0

This thread is to ask for volunteers to get it out on display at the games should everything go to plan!

Essentially if we get everything falling into place the surfer will live at the ground during the season and be brought out on our behalf by the match day maintenance teams and will be put away afterwards for us once we have packed it away.

I have been advised the club will also dry it out on the seats for us in the ground if it gets wet to stop it rotting which is a nice touch!

Given the bulk sales are coming up I felt we should start thinking about volunteers. From speaking to others we'd need 3 per game potentially to get it out, displayed and put away - 2 at an absoloute minimum.

The intention is to start it with our fans next to the away supporter divide and take it off the stand in the corner of the Annie road and Kenny Dalglish stand - tactics and how this will work in practice to be confirmed!!!!

So there are two questions to ask here:

1) Do we have any lower anfield road Season ticket holders on RAWK who'd be up for helping out on a fairly regular basis?
2) For members are there any people who would like to help out on an ad hoc basis?

I think the best way forward is to ask for provisional names in this thread against specific fixtures - I will update the OP as and when people have replied.

If we can get four names against each match it will allow for people not securing tickets in the bulk sale and still mean we have an option

So can you please reply below if you can help: If you are a STH can you say so and if you are a member can you state which fixtures you will aim for in the bulk sales. Can you please update your success or otherwise next week so we can keep an eye on numbers. Sounds obvious but you will need tickets in the Lower Anfield road end!!

We don't have to get it out every match and when we know the European fixtures we will revisit the thread and update the fixture list etc etc. Also if we dont have enough hands on deck for a fixture then apologies in advance!

I should add that I am by no means assuming control of the flag but am happy to continue trying to sort logistics out and hopefully between us all we will put in place a regular rhythm that will see the flag at more games than not.

Any questions please just ask but in the meantime the first half year Premier League fixtures are below !  :wave

August 2017

Sat 19th 15:00 Crystal Palace H - hoppyLFC & lad
Sat 26th 15:00 Arsenal H -

September 2017

Sat 16th 15:00 Burnley H -

October 2017

Sat 14th 15:00 Manchester United H - Barneylfc x 2
Sat 28th 15:00 Huddersfield Town H - J_Kopite

November 2017

Sat 18th 15:00 Southampton H -
Sat 25th 15:00 Chelsea H - hoppyLFC & lad

December 2017

Sat 9th 15:00 Everton H - hoppyLFC & lad, OllieToner
Wed 13th 19:45 West Brom H - 5europeancups
Tue 26th 15:00 Swansea City H -
Sat 30th 15:00 Leicester City H -
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:45:05 pm by dudleyred »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Bump.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Wasn't this banner just for Europe? From what I remember this just used to come out on European nights.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wasn't this banner just for Europe? From what I remember this just used to come out on European nights.

yes think it was originally just for European nights but now it has its own space in the ground it doesn't have to be exclusive to Europe. I guess if its just used for Europe its seen a maximum of 7 times a year which given the cost of it seems a waste

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Getting people to help out always seems to be the problem with things like this, don't know why though, it's not hard work and it's a good way to feel like you actually contribute to the atmosphere !!

Stoz used to ask for people to help our little flag group ( @OTKFlags on twitter ) with our wavers for a good few seasons, we got 3 regular lads out of about the last 4 seasons of asking taking the number of regulars in our group to 12 inc my lad who is 11 and been helping out for the last 4 years,  even a kid can do it !!

Hopefully someone will step up and help out with this surfer   COME ON LADS / LASSES  !!

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Getting people to help out always seems to be the problem with things like this, don't know why though, it's not hard work and it's a good way to feel like you actually contribute to the atmosphere !!

Stoz used to ask for people to help our little flag group ( @OTKFlags on twitter ) with our wavers for a good few seasons, we got 3 regular lads out of about the last 4 seasons of asking taking the number of regulars in our group to 12 inc my lad who is 11 and been helping out for the last 4 years,  even a kid can do it !!

Hopefully someone will step up and help out with this surfer   COME ON LADS / LASSES  !!

cheers for the comment and the bump!

hopeful that we will be able to get a few lined up for it and then it will build - but you're right it is looking hard work to get it all rolling

Plenty of time until the start of the season so i remain ever hopeful!! I will stalk the members sales threads next week too for any reference of lower annie road ;D

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
The flags are stored in a room next to the Kop.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The flags are stored in a room next to the Kop.

ah nice one cheers

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander

Cant help with the Surfer as I'm on the Kop, but as stated before always happy to help out with wavers

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd rather not live in the ground and be put on display tq.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
Not been on here in ages. This site used to eat up time which i just dont have much of anymore. Great to see the banner making a reappearance. If you need a hand with anything give me a shout.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not been on here in ages. This site used to eat up time which i just dont have much of anymore. Great to see the banner making a reappearance. If you need a hand with anything give me a shout.

Nice one Kitster cheers. Your design has more than stood the test of time - it still looks great.

We're hopeful about getting it out on show but will keep you / everyone updated as it progresses

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bump

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 08:57:57 am »
flag still at cleaners - hoping for it to be done this coming weekend - getting a call on monday to find out progress etc

keep you informed as always

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 01:00:50 pm »
I cant help in the Lower Annie, but still deserves a *BUMP*

If you need any help collecting it or getting it back to the ground let me know and i'll send you a van  :thumbup
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 01:45:38 pm »
I cant help in the Lower Annie, but still deserves a *BUMP*

If you need any help collecting it or getting it back to the ground let me know and i'll send you a van  :thumbup

cheers very decent of you

Covered with a van thanks, albeit a camper haha

I'm not sure it'll come back into my possession at all as think the cleaners will send it to the club for us but the thoughts appreciated, and the bump as well!!

I'm stalking the members sales thread and anyone in Annie lower i'm asking if they fancy helping

Beyond that cant do much more!

Offline OllieToner

• Kemlynite
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 02:16:32 pm »
I'll be in the sale tomorrow, and if I don't manage any in that, I normally have decent luck in the local sale. I'd be happy to help out whenever I'm in annie lower.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2017, 02:19:25 pm »
Me and my lad are usually in the Kop and do our wavers there every game, but because of the sales disaster this morning we are in 128 in the Lower Anny for the Palace, Chelsea and Everton games so will give you hand with it for those games at least mate.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »
I'll be in the sale tomorrow, and if I don't manage any in that, I normally have decent luck in the local sale. I'd be happy to help out whenever I'm in annie lower.

welcome to RAWK and thank you!!!

let us know how you get on in the sale and we'll put you against a fixture or two - hopefully there'll be others too

thanks again

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »
Me and my lad are usually in the Kop and do our wavers there every game, but because of the sales disaster this morning we are in 128 in the Lower Anny for the Palace, Chelsea and Everton games so will give you hand with it for those games at least mate.

sorry to read about your ticketing nightmare today but your loss is most certainly our gain!!!  :wave

thanks very much - have updated OP

will worry about logistics when we get the flag back from cleaners etc!

cheers  :thumbup

Offline OllieToner

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2017, 10:52:59 am »
welcome to RAWK and thank you!!!

let us know how you get on in the sale and we'll put you against a fixture or two - hopefully there'll be others too

thanks again

Managed to get the derby in annie lower, so am available to help that if needed

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2017, 10:55:13 am »
sorry to read about your ticketing nightmare today but your loss is most certainly our gain!!!  :wave

thanks very much - have updated OP

will worry about logistics when we get the flag back from cleaners etc!

cheers  :thumbup
Couldn't really get anyone better than Hoppy for those games mate.

I'll let you know my availability if I get any sorted tomorrow !
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »
Got a few tickets for lads this morning in Lower Annie mate for Chelsea and United. I'll give them a shout to see if they fancy helping out in those games.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2017, 04:27:46 pm »
Managed to get the derby in annie lower, so am available to help that if needed

you're a star, thanks

have updated the OP as such

Great contribution to RAWK first up, much appreciated!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2017, 04:28:45 pm »
Couldn't really get anyone better than Hoppy for those games mate.

I'll let you know my availability if I get any sorted tomorrow !

absolutely. Aware Hoppy is well versed in this kind of caper - a result for us certainly!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2017, 04:29:37 pm »
Got a few tickets for lads this morning in Lower Annie mate for Chelsea and United. I'll give them a shout to see if they fancy helping out in those games.

Spot on cheers. Be great if they could

I ahvent braved the bulk sale as didn't have the time so i'm on a game by game basis and will help when / where i can

Offline 6europeancups

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • They call me big ears.....
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2017, 01:02:11 pm »
I am in Annie Road for the West Brom game so happy to help for that one...

Offline a bit of a laugh

• Least Appropriate User Name 2017
  • Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2017, 01:46:58 pm »
Which ones the rawk surfer?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2017, 02:26:38 pm »
Which ones the rawk surfer?

this one mate...

&

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »
Spot on cheers. Be great if they could

I ahvent braved the bulk sale as didn't have the time so i'm on a game by game basis and will help when / where i can

The ones I got tickets for in there for the United game are willing to help out. 2 of them. Still waiting to here back about the Chelsea ones

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »
this one mate...

You can't appreciate it from the pics, but its fucking massive. Will it fit in the Anny?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2017, 06:38:16 pm »
I am in Annie Road for the West Brom game so happy to help for that one...

Great stuff, thanks

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2017, 06:39:00 pm »
The ones I got tickets for in there for the United game are willing to help out. 2 of them. Still waiting to here back about the Chelsea ones

Nice one - cheers - they on here or I'll put you x 2?!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
You can't appreciate it from the pics, but its fucking massive. Will it fit in the Anny?

It's 15m x 22.5m - fucking massive is a fair assessment ;D

Yes should fit - plan is to start it on divide and let it drift to corner of AL & KD stand

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2017, 07:42:25 pm »
Nice one - cheers - they on here or I'll put you x 2?!

Not on here mate so just stick me down for x2. Although use Barneylfc. Some mod might take pity on me and get rid of this username  ;D

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »
Not on here mate so just stick me down for x2. Although use Barneylfc. Some mod might take pity on me and get rid of this username  ;D

Haha

Nice one - cheers

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2017, 05:21:06 pm »
It's 15m x 22.5m - fucking massive is a fair assessment ;D

Yes should fit - plan is to start it on divide and let it drift to corner of AL & KD stand

I don't think that would work mate, as the divide is just a sheet of netting, and isn't on a stairwell. Also, how would you collect it in?

I would have thought you would start it at the front, have the crowd pull it up, and then have people positioned at the top and bottom to let those know when to stop moving it and to hold it still. Then after a minute or so, bring it back down.

Looking at the pics in the Kop, it would seem to go from the front row to about row 25, which would be just about right given that the Lower Anny Road has some pillars in it.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:23:14 pm by stoz »

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2017, 05:55:27 pm »
I don't think that would work mate, as the divide is just a sheet of netting, and isn't on a stairwell. Also, how would you collect it in?

I would have thought you would start it at the front, have the crowd pull it up, and then have people positioned at the top and bottom to let those know when to stop moving it and to hold it still. Then after a minute or so, bring it back down.

Looking at the pics in the Kop, it would seem to go from the front row to about row 25, which would be just about right given that the Lower Anny Road has some pillars in it.

Fair comments though when I say start on the divide I simply meant in terms of direction of travel but even that I get your point

To be honest not thought too much about logistics other than a very brief chat with Vaughan a few weeks back

I'll leave to people far more qualified than me to plan the match day logistics ;D - see my strength as pre season logistics and planning haha

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:57 pm »
Ah, I see. So it would travel pretty much the same way as the existing Kop surfer, up along and down.

I reckon it would be an idea to get it into the ground during pre-season, and get it laid out to look at the space etc.. Happy to help if that can be arranged.