Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23621 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How about adding a new derby for that last round of ''replacement'' picks ?
That would massively benefit whoever got the first few picks in the replacement.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Still trying to sort out my pick and local piece guys, as I fear I might have made a mistake. 

Sent a PM to Mikey and we'll get it sorted. 

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Not keen on picks once everyone is done, it's going to disavantage someone - if a player suddenly becomes free, who gets first choice?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not keen on picks once everyone is done, it's going to disavantage someone - if a player suddenly becomes free, who gets first choice?

What we could do is each pick a position we want to improve --- set it in stone, and then have a random derby assigned 1 out 5 using a randomizer.  This way no one really knows how they can improve their until the die is cast.

Or not.  Comfortable with whatever people think. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

That's why I'm saying don't make it a replacements round, but just an additional round. Then we all have one reserve to call on if we want to.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
That's why I'm saying don't make it a replacements round, but just an additional round. Then we all have one reserve to call on if we want to.

Makes more sense  :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Ok that's fair enough, but the only thing I'd add is that any player picked during the regular draft isn't available to anyone else for the bonus round.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Just picking again now guys after being usurped by D's Taffarell. Found a fine replacement
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Ok that's fair enough, but the only thing I'd add is that any player picked during the regular draft isn't available to anyone else for the bonus round.

That's what I'm saying. It's just another round from the players who are as yet unpicked. With your other guy dropping to the bench if you want to swap anyone in. I'm not massively fussed though. It's highly likely the player I'm looking at will get picked soon.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
That's what I'm saying. It's just another round from the players who are as yet unpicked. With your other guy dropping to the bench if you want to swap anyone in. I'm not massively fussed though. It's highly likely the player I'm looking at will get picked soon.

Sounds good.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Tevez is a good pick this late

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I swear to God I saw Marzolini being picked several rounds ago!? Did someone change their pick?

• Legacy Fan
Good ole Jugo :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I swear to God I saw Marzolini being picked several rounds ago!? Did someone change their pick?

I thought so too.  The visual I have is two picks.

Might have been on the turn --- not sure which end or someone catching up. 

Seem to remember two picks with his being one.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I'm going to go ahead and make my last pick as it's a keeper and Flash already has Alisson.  I've PM'd him, so crack on in a couple of hours if he doesn't pick.

• Legacy Fan
Who is next?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Who is next?

Flash, then straight to Sheer as I'm done now.

• Legacy Fan
Come on lads lets finish up this today :D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
So, am I good to make my final pick?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So, am I good to make my final pick?

Its been awhile mate.  Flash can catch up.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here is where I am at --- ideas or comments invited

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=hy9t8
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:20:17 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Lastrador to make another pick?

I was pretty sure Wim Suurbier was taken & checked the OP & Mikey's already got him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Sorry lads only just got back to civilisation there will make up my picks in a bit.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Going ahead and making my pick as both Viva and Defacto has picked a keeper.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Fixed my pick lads, sorry for the mess up. An all South American back line it is.

• Legacy Fan
viva isn't around its been an hour since Tend made his so I'll be making my last pick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BB hell of a pick - Chilavert!  Jedi mind shit ta
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
I'm complete

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Final lineup. 4-3-3 that can convert to a 4-4-2 with Modric switching left if necessary:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm done. Last pick is a bluenose!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm done. Last pick is a bluenose!!!

A local, and blue in the nasal cavity.  Would that be "a scurf"?  Scouse and Smurf? 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Sheer, your team looks great.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty happy with this.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A local, and blue in the nasal cavity.  Would that be "a scurf"?  Scouse and Smurf?

Sound fellah and player. Played right back in the famous 'Banks' game against Brazil in 1970

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Complete the draft and made sure every side had at least one pick taking Velibor Vasović from Partizan Belgrade. Went in to play in defence for the great Ajax side with Johan Cruyff
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

• Legacy Fan
Complete the draft and made sure every side had at least one pick taking Velibor Vasović from Partizan Belgrade. Went in to play in defence for the great Ajax side with Johan Cruyff

Fantastic fantastic pick. That's one of the CB's I was referring to as well. Played in the final against Real for Partizan, before he moved to Ajax.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can anyone advise how to transfer team sheet from lineup builder or this11.com. Never had trouble before but using a different laptop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can anyone advise how to transfer team sheet from lineup builder or this11.com. Never had trouble before but using a different laptop

I can do it for you mate.  Send me a PM with team shape and I'll fill in your names!!!

Trend
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can do it for you mate.  Send me a PM with team shape and I'll fill in your names!!!

Trend

Top man as always. I have pm'd you a link