Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 877889 times)

Offline Avensis

• Kemlynite
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #2320 on: August 4, 2022, 04:25:27 pm »
One thing that intrigues me. When they come to remove the existing roof truss in November/December, will this be done by cranes in one piece, or dismantled and then taken down? Not an issue when they did the Main Stand as obviously there was no truss to be removed. Could be a quite challenging operation!
'By the grace of God born Red'

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2321 on: August 4, 2022, 09:07:10 pm »
One thing that intrigues me. When they come to remove the existing roof truss in November/December, will this be done by cranes in one piece, or dismantled and then taken down? Not an issue when they did the Main Stand as obviously there was no truss to be removed. Could be a quite challenging operation!
The old roof, truss and the upper tier will be dismantled from the pitch side using mobile cranes. The new roof would be in the way of the large crawler cranes and the extended jib only takes about half the load.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Avensis

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2322 on: August 4, 2022, 10:04:32 pm »
The old roof, truss and the upper tier will be dismantled from the pitch side using mobile cranes. The new roof would be in the way of the large crawler cranes and the extended jib only takes about half the load.
Thanks Alan. Suppose this is just about the only benefit of the enforced World Cup ‘break’ then. Anfield will clearly look very different when we get back on New Years Eve!
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 10:17:52 pm by Avensis »
'By the grace of God born Red'

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2323 on: August 5, 2022, 07:30:37 pm »
Sounds like our Craig. You bastard.

From skyscraper city
I tried joining a few years ago (about 2013 I think it was ) mainly to argue the toss about one of the ludicrous topics they had it going on there. I can still remember it. It was called, "70,000 seats my arse!". I think it was penned by a right pompous poster called Craig! And he (and the Politburo on there!) just wouldn't have it that we could sell out a 70,000 seater when people argued we could.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: August 5, 2022, 09:08:43 pm »
I think the last time I went on skyscraper city there was some chap saying transport to a 70k plus Anfield won’t be an issue in 10 years as there’ll be self automated flying taxis.

Bloody politburo would soon stop you talking about it on this place though  :wanker  :no

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2325 on: August 5, 2022, 10:00:50 pm »
I think the last time I went on skyscraper city there was some chap saying transport to a 70k plus Anfield won’t be an issue in 10 years as there’ll be self automated flying taxis.

Bloody politburo would soon stop you talking about it on this place though  :wanker  :no

Meady had a rank for those on top of the extended Kop didn’t he

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2326 on: August 6, 2022, 12:26:42 am »
Sounds like our Craig. You bastard.

From skyscraper city
I tried joining a few years ago (about 2013 I think it was ) mainly to argue the toss about one of the ludicrous topics they had it going on there. I can still remember it. It was called, "70,000 seats my arse!". I think it was penned by a right pompous poster called Craig! And he (and the Politburo on there!) just wouldn't have it that we could sell out a 70,000 seater when people argued we could.

Sounds like me to be honest. Glad it’s still eating away at his brain 9 years later.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #2327 on: August 6, 2022, 05:23:17 pm »
https://www.smarttransport.org.uk/news/latest-news/coventry-s-drone-and-flying-taxi-airport-plans-backed-by-major-brands

Maybe some people should expand their reading before they dismiss things they clearly have no clue about.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2328 on: August 6, 2022, 06:08:27 pm »
Do you actually think that flying taxis will be a mass transit system, and affordable enough for people to use, let alone ferry enough people to Anfield to solve the current transport issues. In 10 years? This country can’t even get trains to work and they’ve been going for quite a while.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2329 on: August 6, 2022, 06:16:30 pm »
You’ve got me imagining Scouse flying taxi Drivers now.
Colin the Blue taking some Chinese fans on the scenic route round Southport to charge them a few extra quid before he heads back to the heliport for a quick cig.
You silly sausage.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2330 on: August 6, 2022, 06:52:37 pm »
https://www.smarttransport.org.uk/news/latest-news/coventry-s-drone-and-flying-taxi-airport-plans-backed-by-major-brands

Maybe some people should expand their reading before they dismiss things they clearly have no clue about.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/worlds-first-urban-air-port-24312609.amp

The world's first Urban-Air Port which was based in Coventry has now gone.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2331 on: August 6, 2022, 07:17:43 pm »
Ouch

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2332 on: August 6, 2022, 07:39:01 pm »
As I understood it that Coventry thing was only ever a temporary showcase, sort of an exhibition, by a private company hoping to create awareness for their concepts.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2333 on: August 6, 2022, 07:43:46 pm »
As I understood it that Coventry thing was only ever a temporary showcase, sort of an exhibition, by a private company hoping to create awareness for their concepts.

That’s the sort of thing a politburo would say.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2334 on: August 6, 2022, 07:45:37 pm »
That’s the sort of thing a politburo would say.
Craig told me to say it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2335 on: August 6, 2022, 07:58:59 pm »
Flying taxi for Craig

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2336 on: August 7, 2022, 07:28:42 pm »
Was at the ground today and 3 columns of steps have been laid at the top now - so one more column than on the most recent video. Looking at the stand from the car park they were also erecting another grey steel post to support the next column of steps. Looks massive in the flesh and loads of work going on onsite today
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2337 on: August 8, 2022, 12:49:37 pm »

That’s hyped up bullshit. The ‘airport’ is feasible but the actual air taxis don’t exist.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2338 on: August 8, 2022, 02:29:08 pm »
Was at the ground today and 3 columns of steps have been laid at the top now - so one more column than on the most recent video. Looking at the stand from the car park they were also erecting another grey steel post to support the next column of steps. Looks massive in the flesh and loads of work going on onsite today

Yes, took my car for its MOT on Priory Road at 10pm and that's what I saw from Stanley Park. They were definitely working on a 4tn  column of steps (main stand side)

Haha two fellas working on that support beam belting away with hammers, you could hear the clanging all over Stanley Park!

One thing I did find odd was that the roof truss for the old stand looked bigger (height wise) than the new truss! Supporting a smaller structure I didn't think that would be the case.

On the subject of the roof truss, are they difficult and time consuming to dismantle? or are these things  designed to come apart easily knowing at some point they will need to removed and replaced.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 03:16:13 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #2339 on: August 8, 2022, 06:24:23 pm »

One thing I did find odd was that the roof truss for the old stand looked bigger (height wise) than the new truss! Supporting a smaller structure I didn't think that would be the case.

On the subject of the roof truss, are they difficult and time consuming to dismantle? or are these things  designed to come apart easily knowing at some point they will need to removed and replaced.

The new roof truss won't be exposed on top of the roof don't know if that has got owt to do with it.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2340 on: August 8, 2022, 10:08:45 pm »
The whole new roof is more of a skeleton that evenly distributes the weight across the whole structure. Rather than one big truss holding the whole thing up on its own. Plus 25+ years advancement in technology. Alan Ten might completely (correctly) contradict me here.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2341 on: August 8, 2022, 10:17:27 pm »
That’s hyped up bullshit. The ‘airport’ is feasible but the actual air taxis don’t exist.

They're only a few years away.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2342 on: August 8, 2022, 10:18:54 pm »
Like most taxis when I call for one, it seems

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2343 on: August 8, 2022, 10:45:29 pm »

But will they have indicators?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2344 on: August 8, 2022, 10:46:10 pm »
Like most taxis when I call for one, it seems

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2345 on: August 8, 2022, 11:36:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dLvkZnriY74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dLvkZnriY74</a>

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2346 on: August 9, 2022, 08:24:22 am »
The whole new roof is more of a skeleton that evenly distributes the weight across the whole structure. Rather than one big truss holding the whole thing up on its own. Plus 25+ years advancement in technology. Alan Ten might completely (correctly) contradict me here.
Pretty much. The existing truss is a goal post over the centre of the roof with the whole weight of the roof hanging off it. It's actually not that much deeper than the new roof truss.

The new truss has a shorter span when you take account of the angled haunches at each end that direct some of the load outwards rather than straight down.

Long and the short of it, as Meady says, is it's apples and oranges.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: August 9, 2022, 09:54:58 am »
I never thought we would be discussing the possibility of flying taxis in a stadium thread on a Liverpool forum, but here we are  ;D

The concept/possibility of a flying taxi is less likely now than it was 50 years ago, in the current world where fossil fuels are being phased out. Look at the design of the high-concept solar or electric planes to see how unlikely it is we even get regular non-fossil aircraft let alone individual ones that can take off and land virtually anywhere.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2348 on: August 9, 2022, 10:52:06 am »
Pretty much. The existing truss is a goal post over the centre of the roof with the whole weight of the roof hanging off it. It's actually not that much deeper than the new roof truss.

The new truss has a shorter span when you take account of the angled haunches at each end that direct some of the load outwards rather than straight down.

Long and the short of it, as Meady says, is it's apples and oranges.

only time you'll see a ' Truss' in Anfield!

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2349 on: August 9, 2022, 01:11:43 pm »
From Kcimageworks

https://youtu.be/Rt7l93pmF7U

Closest shots using a drone yet of the build… and I mean close! And see if you can spot the new lift shaft and its precast sections.From some of the shots in this vid you should be able to see half way up the Kop from the back of the stand?
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 01:20:09 pm by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2350 on: August 9, 2022, 02:46:08 pm »
Great video. Both crawler cranes have extended jibs now - I wonder of the rafter assemblies are being fabricated off site? The first one was built on the supports next to the Main Stand, but no sign of progress there at the moment.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #2351 on: August 9, 2022, 03:56:04 pm »
Is there any possibility at all that Anfield can be extended further (i.e updated Centenary and Kop stands)?

I know there are houses right up against the Centenary side, and the category of road behind the Kop makes it tougher to be closed off, but is there any potential at all for further upgrades?

Would be fantastic to have an 80k stadium complete with single tier kop (one can dream! :D )

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2352 on: August 9, 2022, 03:58:17 pm »
Only when flying taxi's exist.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2353 on: August 9, 2022, 05:51:40 pm »
Great video. Both crawler cranes have extended jibs now - I wonder of the rafter assemblies are being fabricated off site? The first one was built on the supports next to the Main Stand, but no sign of progress there at the moment.

Thats a question I asked Alan..with regards to the rafters, the answer was both… one to be assembled on site and one off site, no proof of this..did you note the new lift shaft ?
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2354 on: August 9, 2022, 07:43:47 pm »
Some of little front prongs for the front canopy of the roof are there.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2355 on: August 9, 2022, 11:18:37 pm »
Love this.
Properly flying up now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rt7l93pmF7U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Rt7l93pmF7U</a>

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2356 on: August 10, 2022, 08:58:23 am »
They say that the Anfield Road expansion is the most filmed object since Lady Diana.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2357 on: August 10, 2022, 09:16:57 am »
They say that the Anfield Road expansion is the most filmed object since Lady Diana.

And the roof debate has been the most talked about truss of the year.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2358 on: August 10, 2022, 09:18:31 am »
And the roof debate has been the most talked about truss of the year.
at least our Truss will make progress and deliver on promises

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2359 on: August 10, 2022, 09:49:34 am »
Only when flying taxi's exist.

Is there any possibility at all that Anfield can be extended further (i.e updated Centenary and Kop stands)?

There's talk of them filling in the corners.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art