Author Topic: Oooo, we're (Spurs) gonna have a Kop end!  (Read 30508 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Oooo, we're (Spurs) gonna have a Kop end!
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 10:52:12 pm »
Bit harsh! Obviously I'm biased, but I'd say White Hart Lane is one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the Premier League.

is it a High Altitude stadium or what? ;D

Anyway, can you schedule us for opening day we'll pay you back.  :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:55 pm »
Would prefer to stay at Anfield. There, I said it.
You and me both.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 11:47:39 pm »
Don't mind admitting im jealous as well.

As much as I would love to stay at Anfield, we badly need a new stadium.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 11:47:51 pm »
Yeah, the new stadium is gonna slightly overlap the current stadium so the vast majority of the new stadium can be completed whilst we're still playing in the old one (albeit in a slightly reduced capacity). Then in the off-season the remainder will be completed. Here's a diagram:

Sounds like such a good plan on paper......
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 12:01:22 am »
Would prefer to stay at Anfield.
You and me both.

Personally, I think that the plans for the re-development of Anfield were abandoned too easy.
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 12:42:29 am »
that looks really good.

MILES better than the emirates which is so generic its not even worth discussing.

NAMING RIGHTS stadium will defo be built before another mock up of new anfield is even considered.
No it isn't. What's wrong with the Emirates? 60 thousand seater stadium, looks great and has fantastic facilities. The only difference seems to be that this one has a kop like stand.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 12:53:52 am »
In case people forgot, this was the second proposal for the New Anfield from AFL.

What exactly is the point of remembering though ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:03 am »
its widely recognized among non-afc fans that the emirates stadium is very normal looking and has nothing unique about it. it just looks like an ordinary boring stadium.

emirates reminds me of new wembley. the only difference is that its smaller so by default its already worse.
Could a post be any more of an epic fail?

It's a fantastic stadium. Very well designed as well.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:37:27 am »
that looks really good.

MILES better than the emirates which is so generic its not even worth discussing.

NAMING RIGHTS stadium will defo be built before another mock up of new anfield is even considered.

It's virtually identical to the Emirates in the overall layout of the stands apart from the single tier stand at one end. Pretty similar to the original AFL design for Anfield (the Parrybowl).

To use your own words, the architecture of the new Spurs stadium "is very basic". Typical modern bowl design - oval plan to give the best views to the maximum number of fans which results in the sweeping curves at the top of the stands - a simple roof floating over the top. Ancillary accommodation and fan facilities in blocks on four sides under the stands. There's an executive box level with boxes backing onto the "Club Level". Instead of the trusses holding up the roof being on the outside (making the Emirates easily recognisable from a distance, they're slung underneath...  In fact the only real difference is the colour of the cladding and the decision to infill the gap between the top of the ancillary accommodation blocks and the underside of the stands.

Not that there's anything wrong with it at all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:10 am »
Very impressive - can't deny that I've got a few jealously pangs going on

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 11:02:51 am »
So we continue to fall even further behind while all around us our rivals get stronger.

G&H ........... what a fuckin nightmare they have been for LFC.
Justice for the 96.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 11:08:37 am »
we'll probably ask a sheik to build it for us and he'll get a percentage off the attendance fee
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:07 am »
Will the UK government be footing  part of the building costs ? since completion for 2012 ?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:10 am »
fuck me, c*nts, im jealous
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:33 am »
Will the UK government be footing  part of the building costs ? since completion for 2012 ?

nope, its financed by the rich c*nts who run Spurs (Mr Lewis and co)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 11:40:19 am »
nope, its financed by the rich c*nts who run Spurs (Mr Lewis and co)

Plus the potential naming rights of course. Didn't Arsenal get 100 million or so for the Emirates?

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 11:44:57 am »
It's good(especially that 1 tier stand) but it looks like one of our new designs. It would be shit if both we and Spurs end up with "the same" stadium.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline ArdaTuran

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Please sign me Rafa.
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2009, 11:53:48 am »
what if the new anfield is called Hicks & Gilett Arena, would anybody stil want it to be build even if it as big as Nou Camp?

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2009, 01:59:05 pm »
It's virtually identical to the Emirates in the overall layout of the stands apart from the single tier stand at one end. Pretty similar to the original AFL design for Anfield (the Parrybowl).

To use your own words, the architecture of the new Spurs stadium "is very basic". Typical modern bowl design - oval plan to give the best views to the maximum number of fans which results in the sweeping curves at the top of the stands - a simple roof floating over the top. Ancillary accommodation and fan facilities in blocks on four sides under the stands. There's an executive box level with boxes backing onto the "Club Level". Instead of the trusses holding up the roof being on the outside (making the Emirates easily recognisable from a distance, they're slung underneath...  In fact the only real difference is the colour of the cladding and the decision to infill the gap between the top of the ancillary accommodation blocks and the underside of the stands.

Not that there's anything wrong with it at all.

It's a lot nearer to the pitch, and seems to have more of an 'enclosed' feel, than the glass at the emirates has.

I'm also not a big fan of the emirates. Big comfy seats, lots of leg room, easy access in and out (except for away fans), for some reason as many girl's toilets as boy's (so there's always a massive queue for the gents), but absolutely ZERO atmosphere with no identity despite all the branding and I'm sure it's not all the arsenal fan's fault. I'm PETRIFIED of our stadium ending up like the emirates. As unique and soulful as a crisp packet.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 02:04:26 pm »
Plus the potential naming rights of course. Didn't Arsenal get 100 million or so for the Emirates?

The deal was for 15 years of naming rights, and 8 years worth of shirt sponsorship.
Assuming they could have got a separate shirt deal worth about as much as Liverpool's current Carlsberg one, it works out at about £45 million for naming rights - £3 million a year.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 02:24:24 pm »
The deal was for 15 years of naming rights, and 8 years worth of shirt sponsorship.
Assuming they could have got a separate shirt deal worth about as much as Liverpool's current Carlsberg one, it works out at about £45 million for naming rights - £3 million a year.

yep the arsenal naming rights deal was actually a poor deal.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 02:37:01 pm »

It's a lot nearer to the pitch, and seems to have more of an 'enclosed' feel, than the glass at the emirates has.

I'm also not a big fan of the emirates. Big comfy seats, lots of leg room, easy access in and out (except for away fans), for some reason as many girl's toilets as boy's (so there's always a massive queue for the gents), but absolutely ZERO atmosphere with no identity despite all the branding and I'm sure it's not all the arsenal fan's fault. I'm PETRIFIED of our stadium ending up like the emirates. As unique and soulful as a crisp packet.
[/size]

I agree about the Emirates - it's too comfortable and lacks any real atmosphere - I hope that whatever design is finally built the "Kop" and "Anfield Road" stands are set out the minimum comfort standards to maximise the atmosphere. The main stands and boxes can be more comfortable but in the ends should as tight as possible.

However, on my main point the architecture of the Emirates and NWHL is fundamentally the same:

New White Hart Lane:

Emirates:

The arrangement of the tiers, corporate boxes, shape of the footprint and stands are the same, you can even see the roof trusses on the top of the Emirate's roof are virtually identical to the WHL underslung trusses.

The WHL that some people are creaming themselves over is almost identical to the revised Parrybowl with a single tier Kop stand that everyone seems to hate.

I'd be very wary of those internal visuals - I bet the real thing will be a lot less rammed than it appears there. The single tier stand is meant to hold 9+ thousand but in that picture it looks more like 12-15,000. It looks like a late amendment for the press - those seats at the sides would have no view of the touchlines for example.

It would be interesting to know how they got away with having the stands closer to the pitch - there are standards for new stadia so maybe there's some compromise.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 03:01:03 pm »
The arrangement of the tiers, corporate boxes, shape of the footprint and stands are the same, you can even see the roof trusses on the top of the Emirate's roof are virtually identical to the WHL underslung trusses.

The WHL that some people are creaming themselves over is almost identical to the revised Parrybowl with a single tier Kop stand that everyone seems to hate.

I'd be very wary of those internal visuals - I bet the real thing will be a lot less rammed than it appears there. The single tier stand is meant to hold 9+ thousand but in that picture it looks more like 12-15,000. It looks like a late amendment for the press - those seats at the sides would have no view of the touchlines for example.

It would be interesting to know how they got away with having the stands closer to the pitch - there are standards for new stadia so maybe there's some compromise.

Alan, I always appreciate your architectural insight. I know your comments on the new H&G stadium have convinced me that the architects got it wrong and I am perversely pleased that they haven't been able to start building. I keep hoping that new owners mean new stadium design that would address some of your concerns and criticisms.

Offline sixpackred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »
Would prefer to stay at Anfield. There, I said it.

Is the new Spurs ground still in Tottenham? Its like a Mercedes amongst a bunch of Fiat Punto's.

i'm glad you said it.
"There are things to sort out with the owners and the sale of the club. It is not in the hands of the players but, once we are done with all that, let's build a proper team with a proper squad that is competitive. Maybe then we can start to fight for bigger targets."

Pepe Reina / May 01, 2010

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »
I remember the days when we had drawings of a new stadium aaaahhhhh   good times .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »
Looks good. Maybe it will put pressure on G&H to start something on our own stadium ?.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 03:51:02 pm »
This bugs me. It pisses me off. Because of our own situation. But also because you're building a kop. Fuck off.

edit: Alan is right, looking at the pics more closely it does look like a cross between the Emirates and the Parry Bowl.

I have daydreams about just staying at Anfield and growing it. I don't care what anyone says. If we had had an ambitious, assertive and forward thinking, visionary owner, ready to fight the council when they got in the way over the last 20 years instead of Moores we could have made it happen.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:57:37 pm by Stussy »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2009, 05:39:14 pm »
If we get some Arab billionaire to own the club than I say let's stay at an Anfield. It's a sacred ground with history and a legendary aura. Having an Arab billionaire as owner should mean that we won't need to build a new ground for revenue,the guy will spend heavily anyway.  ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:59 pm »
I remember the days when we had drawings of a new stadium aaaahhhhh   good times .

;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:59:25 pm by Ливерпул »

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009, 08:01:37 pm »
Sorry but this:

and this:

show why our current design should never come out of the ground...

This:

smaller version of the Parry Bowl/Emirates/generic football stadium is more of a football ground than that shite. Why the fuck has it got picture windows?...

or massive gaps between the stands?...

Fuck, I'm angry now...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:05 pm »
Just found this

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/real-football/811463-my-new-anfield-alternative-anfield-expansion-images.html

Looks really good....

There's also further expansion designs on Skyscrappercity website

I still think expanding Anfield and making full use of the availible space around Anfield is the best way to go....

A. It will be cheaper....
B. We won't end up with a half build stadium with the owners doing a runner....
C. We get to stay at the stadium we all love...
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:00 pm »

[/size]

I agree about the Emirates - it's too comfortable and lacks any real atmosphere - I hope that whatever design is finally built the "Kop" and "Anfield Road" stands are set out the minimum comfort standards to maximise the atmosphere. The main stands and boxes can be more comfortable but in the ends should as tight as possible.

If it was discomfort that made atmosphere then the main stand with their tiny wooden seats would be the best in the league! :D But I see what you mean, and I agree - too much comfort in not conducive to creating an atmosphere. If I wanted to be comfy then I'd have stayed on the sofa and watched it on the tv.

[/size]

However, on my main point the architecture of the Emirates and NWHL is fundamentally the same:

I completely agree with you again here, they are incredibly similar. However, I would say that with the single tier stand and the proximity to the pitch, New WHL looks like an decent enough stadium.

I stress that this opinion is based simply on photographs, and that I would probably like the Emirates more if I hadn't been there a few times, and had only seen conceptual photos.

Mind you, shows how crap AFL are at even making their concepts attractive. Look like Noddy stadiums their mock-ups.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:07 pm »

Looks like a cell eating another cell. Could be quite cool in the flesh if it (sitting in old WHL watching new WHL 'eating' the stadium) comes off as planned.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:48 pm »
Quote from: Alan_F link=topic=249109.msg62359
smaller version of the Parry Bowl/Emirates/generic football stadium is more of a football ground than that shite. Why the fuck has it got picture windows?...

or massive gaps between the stands?...

Fuck, I'm angry now...

Gaps between the stands are for later expansion/preserve the 'four seperate stands' feel that makes British grounds feel unique (and I'm sure ranked highly in focus group questionaires!)??

Just a guess.

As someone has said on here, the silver lining on the lying yanks who don't build the stadium they promised cloud is that I haven't really liked the designs so far!

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2009, 09:09:04 pm »
Gaps between the stands are for later expansion/preserve the 'four seperate stands' feel that makes British grounds feel unique (and I'm sure ranked highly in focus group questionaires!)??

Just a guess.

As someone has said on here, the silver lining on the lying yanks who don't build the stadium they promised cloud is that I haven't really liked the designs so far!

You can have four separate stands without those stupid gaps and "views out/in" (typical architect bollocks). It's an NFL stadium not a football stadium. And you can't infill them later because of that fucking ridiculous roof structure.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30:08 pm »
You can have four separate stands without those stupid gaps and "views out/in" (typical architect bollocks). It's an NFL stadium not a football stadium. And you can't infill them later because of that fucking ridiculous roof structure.

Wasn't being sarcy mate, was really just a guess.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2009, 09:32:57 pm »
Wasn't being sarcy mate, was really just a guess.

I know mate, just one of my bug-bears. No offence intended.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2009, 10:06:15 pm »
To be honest, the ParryBowl was not such a bad design.

I always had two objections to that design:

1. There should have been a single-tiered Kop.
2. Those masts and wires always looked ugly to me.

Still, both problems should have been easy to resolve. Here is a nice solution for the roof:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:21:18 pm by Ливерпул »

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2009, 11:05:45 pm »
The architecture is very basic, if it didn't say Arsenal FC or Emirates stadium on it and it wasn't in North London I honestly would not be able to distinguish it from any other normal stadium.

Didn't Wenger have a say in the design. He must not have "seen" that one either.

to be honest, I think someone is just a little bit jealous their main rivals are getting a nicer stadium then the one they built a couple of years ago.
It still doesn't mean it's not a good stadium.

And how is it nicer than the Emirates? It actually looks exactly like the Emirates.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2009, 11:13:34 pm »
It still doesn't mean it's not a good stadium.

And how is it nicer than the Emirates? It actually looks exactly like the Emirates.

The single tiered stand alone makes it nicer than the Emirates