Author Topic: FSG discussion thread  (Read 743369 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FSG discussion thread
« Reply #6680 on: November 24, 2022, 07:24:04 pm »
Something has had to cause the mass resignation. Either new onwers are close (I doubt it) or there's been some major disagreements.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6681 on: November 24, 2022, 07:24:12 pm »
The Saudi minister put it as "Private Sector" mate.  :D

Aaaahhhh...O.k...Sure...Private sector.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6682 on: November 24, 2022, 07:26:35 pm »
Aaaahhhh...O.k...Sure...Private sector.

If we have 'legally binding assurances', then I'm sure it's all above board.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #6683 on: November 24, 2022, 07:30:13 pm »
Wool shout.
Tbf to him there’s loads of scousers that would take them.
I don’t think we will get anyone from the Middle East anyway.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: November 24, 2022, 07:32:01 pm »
They have a large following in Manchester and Greater Manchester. That cannot be denied. Yes, the Etihad was far too big for them but I believe they're reducing the capacity, which should lead to fewer empty seats on show.

I lived in manchester for 10 years from 96-06. Outside of gorton and fallowfield there was nobody. Saw more liverpool shirts knocking round than city ones. Where i worked there were 3 city fans

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6685 on: November 24, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »
Look at his post count. They all piled in when the news first broke but got shouted down and went quiet. Now they're all rushing back in again.

Just because we might walk away from the club doesn't mean we're walking away from this forum, so if they think they're going to turn RAWK into their personal playground, they're on a hiding to nothing.

I know, but just thought I'd give the benefit of the doubt by asking him straight.

It's a poor attitude if genuinely held. It's all a bit, fuck that Shankly guy off. Paisley too. Old arses. And the fans that have been there solidly through triumph, disaster and mediocrity. The fans that made the Spion Kop what it is/was. The fans that made the club what it was/is. Yes, just fuck them all off, the miserable twats who won't welcome despotic tyrants.

I tell you, on the one hand I wish men like Shankly were still around but, on the other, I'm glad they aren't anymore, because seeing football today would break their hearts. Same with so many of the Spion Kop regulars who made that terrace the most famous in the world to this day. They'd be turning in their graves if they heard fellow Reds begging for a murdering despot to take over our club.

But yes, fuck off with your tradition, your principles, your history and your morals. Let's just grab ourselves a despot so we can brag about being fuckin' rich.  :butt

I hope anyone off here who does walk away from the game still continues to post. I know I will. There are too many quality people here for me to bin RAWK off.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: November 24, 2022, 07:46:02 pm »
I know, but just thought I'd give the benefit of the doubt by asking him straight.

It's a poor attitude if genuinely held. It's all a bit, fuck that Shankly guy off. Paisley too. Old arses. And the fans that have been there solidly through triumph, disaster and mediocrity. The fans that made the Spion Kop what it is/was. The fans that made the club what it was/is. Yes, just fuck them all off, the miserable twats who won't welcome despotic tyrants.

I tell you, on the one hand I wish men like Shankly were still around but, on the other, I'm glad they aren't anymore, because seeing football today would break their hearts. Same with so many of the Spion Kop regulars who made that terrace the most famous in the world to this day. They'd be turning in their graves if they heard fellow Reds begging for a murdering despot to take over our club.

But yes, fuck off with your tradition, your principles, your history and your morals. Let's just grab ourselves a despot so we can brag about being fuckin' rich.  :butt

I hope anyone off here who does walk away from the game still continues to post. I know I will. There are too many quality people here for me to bin RAWK off.

Aye. It's clear that the modern "fan" sees us as dinosaurs who stand in the way of progress, and will gleefully see us fucked off because the only thing that matters anymore is spending hundreds of millions and winning trophies. Not unity, not heart, not community - just "give us the fucking silverware and how high do you want us to jump?"

I don't know if there are many in the city itself who hold those views, but there's plenty of Liverpool fans who have never set foot in the city who could tell them a thing or two about the core values of our club and what it means to support it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6687 on: November 24, 2022, 07:47:22 pm »
End of a cycle for us - get the Saudis in, they’ll have the squad refreshed in no time - people who don’t like them have already told us they hardly watch football anymore, so no collateral damage 😂😂

Jesus christ.

I mean...

Wow. Loss for words really.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6688 on: November 24, 2022, 07:48:56 pm »
Cant really see us signing anyone in January now with FSG looking to sell & our Sporting Director leaving next summer.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6689 on: November 24, 2022, 07:55:10 pm »
Aye. It's clear that the modern "fan" sees us as dinosaurs who stand in the way of progress, and will gleefully see us fucked off because the only thing that matters anymore is spending hundreds of millions and winning trophies. Not unity, not heart, not community - just "give us the fucking silverware and how high do you want us to jump?"

I don't know if there are many in the city itself who hold those views, but there's plenty of Liverpool fans who have never set foot in the city who could tell them a thing or two about the core values of our club and what it means to support it.

They say Thatcherism never won in the end, but I think it did.

Community. Society. Unity. Solidarity. Authenticity. Morality. Human decency. Fuck them, just give me your money. Do what you want to me, but just show me the cash.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #6690 on: November 24, 2022, 08:04:17 pm »
I wouldn't read too much into those Saudi quotes, just looking for attention.

Honestly more worried about our structure now, 1 guy leaving doesn't make a big difference but several doesn't bode well. Pretty sure Edwards was well handled way in advance, with a successor already lined up. Ward may he working his notice but I'd have to question his commintment. Not sure why you'd quit the top job so soon after getting it.

Changing the pieces so quickly will lead to mistakes being made. It puts more pressure on Jurgen to not only lead the team but to lead the rest of the sporting side as well.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6691 on: November 24, 2022, 08:07:46 pm »

Honestly more worried about our structure now, 1 guy leaving doesn't make a big difference but several doesn't bode well. Pretty sure Edwards was well handled way in advance, with a successor already lined up. Ward may he working his notice but I'd have to question his commintment. Not sure why you'd quit the top job so soon after getting it.

Changing the pieces so quickly will lead to mistakes being made. It puts more pressure on Jurgen to not only lead the team but to lead the rest of the sporting side as well.

Thing is what buys us some time is that Klopp is in place as is the footballing structure, plus we have a lot of top players at the club. Where it could cost us in the short term could be us giving contracts out to players who shouldn’t get them, on account of maybe the manager being loyal to one or two of them.

Also god knows what happens now with transfers. I don’t see how the owners want out and so does the sporting director and we just sign who we want.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6692 on: November 24, 2022, 08:18:28 pm »
This is how empires / businesses arrive at an inflection point - when a significant number of the main decision-makers leave, for whatever reason and you have to pick the next batch / model of operations.

No drama or sense of theatre, but in practice, this is more important than any champions league final or league title deciding game.

The club's at a decisive point in in its modern history imo, taking into account the potential sale to a buyer of unknown pedigree, the change in the top execs and potential quality or otherwise of what's to follow there, the boon or bane of the added responsibilities for Klopp going forward.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6693 on: November 24, 2022, 08:25:32 pm »
They say Thatcherism never won in the end, but I think it did.

Community. Society. Unity. Solidarity. Authenticity. Morality. Human decency. Fuck them, just give me your money. Do what you want to me, but just show me the cash.

People will go full Purge soon. Selling themselves for a packet to be murdered.

No, it's very calculated. The Saudis want to see which set of fans jump and how high. They're testing the waters. I feel this is an endgame move in a long war of attrition we could never hope to win. :(

As for Jurgen, he's found himself in Rafa's position. He won't quit, because he knows what the club means to the fans - like Rafa, he epitomises the spirit of the club. If he walked away, he'd feel he was abandoning us. But after his contract is up, he'll be done.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6694 on: November 24, 2022, 08:27:06 pm »
Losing Edward's, Ward and Graham in the space of 12 months is pretty seismic. I struggle to believe it is unrelated to the ownership question.

When the people at the top of a structure have one foot out of the door it inevitably spreads across the internal culture. I've seen it play out with CEOs and business owners in the run up to retirement or sale repeatedly in my professional life. Obviously football is a very different environment given the pre-eminence of the manager and FSG will hopefully be wise to the risks of a leadership void and avoidance of big decisions, and the knock on effect on the valuation of the club. Nonetheless we really need the ownership question settled swiftly, who knows what decay will set in if this drags on into next season.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #6695 on: November 24, 2022, 08:27:47 pm »
Something has had to cause the mass resignation. Either new onwers are close (I doubt it) or there's been some major disagreements.

None of this news is good really. Either we are close to a sale which I think is unlikely or there is a lot of negative shit going on behind the scenes. All a bit shit if you ask me.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6696 on: November 24, 2022, 08:30:59 pm »
None of this news is good really. Either we are close to a sale which I think is unlikely or there is a lot of negative shit going on behind the scenes. All a bit shit if you ask me.

We still have an amazing manager and a great team, which does need some more work, but a lot going for it. It can’t just all fall apart considering the football side is still all in tact. It does give us some continuity whilst everything in the background gets sorted.

The only issue I think will be transfers. Reckon many of those deals could be fucked.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: November 24, 2022, 08:51:41 pm »
Well, I wouldn't be shocked if Jurgen has got bigger power over transfers as part of his new deal ...

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: November 24, 2022, 08:54:03 pm »
Wool shout.

Nah, cretin shout. I'm a wool and I'd be done the minute we announce a Saudi takeover.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6699 on: November 24, 2022, 08:56:02 pm »
Nah, cretin shout. I'm a wool and I'd be done the minute we announce a Saudi takeover.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6700 on: November 24, 2022, 08:57:33 pm »

Did any of the journalists talk about why Graham is leaving and if his team will follow him or stay ?

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #6701 on: November 24, 2022, 09:03:43 pm »
We still have an amazing manager and a great team, which does need some more work, but a lot going for it. It can’t just all fall apart considering the football side is still all in tact. It does give us some continuity whilst everything in the background gets sorted.

The only issue I think will be transfers. Reckon many of those deals could be fucked.

Yes we still have Klopp but seems a bit odd why a few senior people are looking to leave especially at the same time as FSG announcing they are looking to sell. What do they know that we don't.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: November 24, 2022, 09:08:31 pm »
Yes we still have Klopp but seems a bit odd why a few senior people are looking to leave especially at the same time as FSG announcing they are looking to sell. What do they know that we don't.

They could have just been approached by our rivals and other clubs? Rather than wait to see what happens to their jobs under new owners, maybe they got offers to work under a more settled structure?

Could indicate that they know a full sale is on the cards.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: November 24, 2022, 09:21:07 pm »
Unfortunately if an Oil state buys United, then they will blow everyone out of the water…..

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: November 24, 2022, 09:28:29 pm »
Unfortunately if an Oil state buys United, then they will blow everyone out of the water…..

Will they start spending obscene amounts of money in the transfer market?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6705 on: November 24, 2022, 09:28:51 pm »
No idea the source but united fans getting giddy about apple seems like absolute bollocks. Why on earth would a money making machine like them want to put money into a football club that you might get back in 10 years? It’s not like they need the exposure?

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #6706 on: November 24, 2022, 09:31:14 pm »
I think its pretty much nailed on we're getting sold lock, stock and barrel.  It'll probably happen before the end of the year too.  Oil state or not, football is nackered.

Man. United up for sale, oil state buying them (this is supposition on my part).  Given their scumbag owners, it's an oil state.

The incompetents that should have stopped Abramovich from buying Chelsea has put football on the slippery slope.

We get an oil state, anyone fancy car pooling from Liverpool to Tranmere to save on the tunnel fare?
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6707 on: November 24, 2022, 09:33:21 pm »

I hope anyone off here who does walk away from the game still continues to post. I know I will. There are too many ŵquality people here for me to bin RAWK off.

It’s just funny how people on here keep threatening to stop supporting the club because they have some owners they don’t like.  It’s all attention seeking nonsense - we all know that none of them would walk away from the club, it is too much a part of their life.

Worst still we know it’s all virtue signalling - people on here saying such things reek of hypocrisy. Throwing around words like sportswashing, like they even have a clue about what’s going on in the world.  Somehow trying to feel superior.

It was only at the start of the millennium that the UK armed forces even allowed openly gay people to be in its services - where were these people then with their protests of human rights ? 

If people genuinely feel that resentful of human rights abuses to the point they would stop supporting a club ingrained in their DNA, I would expect that passionate defence of human rights to exist in most basic aspects of their lives but they don’t. 

The problem with people in the main is they jump on bandwagons with a very shallow understanding. Remember green fell, clap for the NHS etc. People soon forgot once the media stopped talking about it.  It gets tedious to keep seeing the virtue signalling and melodramatic actions of posters in response.

I’m sure people on here will twist my words, that’s just what forums do, but spend 2 mins now researching where Nike replica shirts come from, and then come back and talk to me about how passionate you really all are about human rights.

All BS and only being mentioned because the media have spoon fed you to say it.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #6708 on: November 24, 2022, 09:35:18 pm »
No idea the source but united fans getting giddy about apple seems like absolute bollocks. Why on earth would a money making machine like them want to put money into a football club that you might get back in 10 years? It’s not like they need the exposure?
If only there was a way for companies to get exposure in football without buying a whole club.  ::)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: November 24, 2022, 09:35:55 pm »
It normally happens when new owners are coming in. The deal is more advanced than reports suggest.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6710 on: November 24, 2022, 09:36:58 pm »
It’s just funny how people on here keep threatening to stop supporting the club because they have some owners they don’t like.  It’s all attention seeking nonsense - we all know that none of them would walk away from the club, it is too much a part of their life.

Worst still we know it’s all virtue signalling - people on here saying such things reek of hypocrisy. Throwing around words like sportswashing, like they even have a clue about what’s going on in the world.  Somehow trying to feel superior.

It was only at the start of the millennium that the UK armed forces even allowed openly gay people to be in its services - where were these people then with their protests of human rights ? 

If people genuinely feel that resentful of human rights abuses to the point they would stop supporting a club ingrained in their DNA, I would expect that passionate defence of human rights to exist in most basic aspects of their lives but they don’t. 

The problem with people in the main is they jump on bandwagons with a very shallow understanding. Remember green fell, clap for the NHS etc. People soon forgot once the media stopped talking about it.  It gets tedious to keep seeing the virtue signalling and melodramatic actions of posters in response.

I’m sure people on here will twist my words, that’s just what forums do, but spend 2 mins now researching where Nike replica shirts come from, and then come back and talk to me about how passionate you really all are about human rights.

That's a full house on my bullshit bingo card!
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: November 24, 2022, 09:37:07 pm »
Will they start spending obscene amounts of money in the transfer market?
They are already doing that, aren't they?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: November 24, 2022, 09:37:12 pm »
This Saudi Minister has also given Sky News an interview and said the same thing. It's a coordinated effort this.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1595863824955019264

Saudi Arabia says it wants its investors to take over Manchester United and Liverpool.

Sports minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal revealed the country's latest sporting ambitions in an interview with Sky News.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: November 24, 2022, 09:38:39 pm »
Pretty sure Edwards was well handled way in advance, with a successor already lined up.

I think Edwards, though disappointing and perhaps a little unexpected felt like it was handled in about the right way. Succession plan in place, one man leaving. To have two people jumping ship so soon after suggests something a bit more chaotic going on. And that's the troubling bit.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6714 on: November 24, 2022, 09:38:54 pm »

Absolutely incredible. Lost for words. You're not even worth insulting - I actually feel sorry for you.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6715 on: November 24, 2022, 09:39:45 pm »
Absolutely incredible. Lost for words. You're not even worth insulting - I actually feel sorry for you.

Yeah I bet you do - keep regurgitating what the media tell you.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6716 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:33 pm »

I think you will find a lot of us on here and the wider support know exactly what it means to take a stand on issues

Stop being deliberately provocative and condescending
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:39 pm »
I’ve got a slight hunch and it is giving me a concern about Lijnders.

Just speculating, but I suspect a bit of a power struggle has taken place behind the scenes, and at stake is who gets the manager’s ear.

On the one side, the stattos. On the other, it feels like Lijnders is starting to exert more influence. Possibly not just in recruitment, but also in tactics as well.

Might be barking up the wrong tree, but I wonder if the fallout is due to a department not being respected enough in terms of having the manager’s ear.

As for potential new owners, let’s see what happens. It is premature to fall out over Saudi owners, or whatever, as we don’t know what is happening. On a personal note, while I will make up my own mind as every red should, I will be watching Jurgen’s reaction closely, as he knows the score on the inner workings, and his moral compass seems in tune with the best scouse traditions of the club. 

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6718 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:52 pm »
Yep, giving personal quotes to BBC and Sky, something which Saudi minister is weirdly doing. (If it is not state backed, how would he know that "private sector" bids will come?)

Just my opinion, but I think there is a good chance the Saudis do bid for us. Will be very interesting to see what FSG do, if the sale is not in it's last stages already.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #6719 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:53 pm »
That's a full house on my bullshit bingo card!

No doubt. That's a blatant troll job if I've ever seen one. Not even trying to disguise it.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"