Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278808 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #14520 on: March 25, 2021, 07:23:28 pm »

Nah.  Just like when we won it in 2001 along with the LC and FAC it's Mickey Mouse, an indicator of how far you've fallen.  They called it that back then and it's no different now.

There's a reason why the Madrids, Barcas, Milans and Bayerns haven't won it for decades.

It belongs to the Sevillas of this world.  Teams that will never win the Champions League.

It's embarrassing because City are going for a Quadruple and we've won the Prem and CL recently.

They're meant to be the biggest club in the world you Know?!

They did call it Mickey Mouse back then which makes them boasting about winning it in 2017 and likely this season bizarre. But it won't be embarrassing if they win it, it's a trophy and I hope they get thumped by Granada (fat chance). I just can't get my head around winning any trophy being called embarrassing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14521 on: March 25, 2021, 07:26:26 pm »
Yeah, I get the Tiger Woods comparisons, moreso after he visited Iceland last time.

:lmao :lmao
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14522 on: March 25, 2021, 07:35:44 pm »

I also agree its one of the hardest things to get a grip of for a youngster, but I'm confident he will. For all the talk of bad attitude, before that the talk was of a Tiger Woods style driven young fella who does everything he can to improve. I think he'll be fine. I think he'll be better than Rashford by a distance, in fact!

All well and good being in the youth system and being driven to "make it". Then when you get with the senior side, well whom are his influences? Not to mention agent influencing things. Then all those around you..the hangers on.. as it were.

Life changes.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14523 on: March 25, 2021, 07:50:58 pm »
All well and good being in the youth system and being driven to "make it". Then when you get with the senior side, well whom are his influences? Not to mention agent influencing things. Then all those around you..the hangers on.. as it were.

Life changes.
The very best though will rise above those around them. They'll stay supremely motivated, be last out of training, all that kind of thing. Can't judge Greenwood on that yet, any more than we can say Kabak.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #14524 on: March 25, 2021, 08:40:42 pm »
I'll happily be quoted in years to come if I'm wrong but nope this lad is incredibly good and having a dose of second season syndrome. The quality of his shooting is apparent in how he gets marked even harder than Bruno. It's a matter of learning to find the space to get shots off now for him. But he's an amazing talent, a lot more of a natural and nailed on type than Rashford.

He's got another season before we make a judgement on him but he's gotta kick on
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14525 on: March 25, 2021, 08:43:30 pm »
He's got another season before we make a judgement on him but he's gotta kick on

He needs a better club/manager
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14526 on: March 25, 2021, 08:48:15 pm »
He needs a better club/manager

He'd be boss for us, no doubt. He'd become a proper footballer the manc twat.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14527 on: March 25, 2021, 11:38:41 pm »
He should follow young Jesse and benefit from the tutelage of the chosen one.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14528 on: March 26, 2021, 12:06:10 am »
I'll happily be quoted in years to come if I'm wrong but nope this lad is incredibly good and having a dose of second season syndrome. The quality of his shooting is apparent in how he gets marked even harder than Bruno. It's a matter of learning to find the space to get shots off now for him. But he's an amazing talent, a lot more of a natural and nailed on type than Rashford.

Wait. Fernandes gets marked on the penalty spot?!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14530 on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:20 am »
Wait. Fernandes gets marked on the penalty spot?!

When he's not rolling around on the floor screaming
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #14532 on: March 26, 2021, 06:01:16 pm »
Vaccinations going great in UK. Ole to stay for at least another two years. 2021 is certainly turning into a great year. Just Istanbul left to deal with.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14533 on: March 26, 2021, 06:08:39 pm »
Happy days.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1375375723251130372?s=19

Why? I mean he's going nowhere else and he's got another year yet. Surely you let him show he can actually win something before you sign him up to a longer term deal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14534 on: March 26, 2021, 06:09:37 pm »
Why? I mean he's going nowhere else and he's got another year yet. Surely you let him show he can actually win something before you sign him up to a longer term deal.

Ours is not to argue why. I am all in favour of this.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14535 on: March 26, 2021, 06:12:50 pm »

He's going to be in demand by the likes of Barca or Real with the wonderful job he's doing, he won the League in January, no-one else has managed that feat, they need to tie him down now.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #14536 on: March 26, 2021, 06:22:21 pm »

Win what? Trophies are for egos, he can do without.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14537 on: March 26, 2021, 08:26:59 pm »
He's going to be in demand by the likes of Barca or Real with the wonderful job he's doing, he won the League in January, no-one else has managed that feat, they need to tie him down now.

...and waterboard the little twat...

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #14538 on: March 26, 2021, 08:29:55 pm »
Yeah it was odd that they gave him the full deal before the end of the season when he came in on the interim basis initially as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14539 on: March 26, 2021, 08:30:09 pm »
On the Premier league manager of the month vote for March

End of days
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14540 on: March 26, 2021, 08:33:37 pm »
Exactly

A lot of people said last season was completely unsustainable for him and this season has proven that

Greenwood is a big talent, that’s incredibly obvious to see, he is the same age as Curtis Jones and he’s already had a top class season for an u21.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:36:19 pm by Coolie High »

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14541 on: March 29, 2021, 04:10:13 am »
I also agree its one of the hardest things to get a grip of for a youngster, but I'm confident he will. For all the talk of bad attitude, before that the talk was of a Tiger Woods style driven young fella who does everything he can to improve. I think he'll be fine. I think he'll be better than Rashford by a distance, in fact!

Someone should warn the kid about that.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #14542 on: April 11, 2021, 07:19:03 pm »
On the McTomminay foul ...

Solskjaer:  "I run like this!"

No, that's the front crawl in swimming, Ole!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14543 on: April 11, 2021, 07:40:11 pm »
On the McTomminay foul ...

Solskjaer:  "I run like this!"

No, that's the front crawl in swimming, Ole!

Didn’t Solskjaer once do a similar flop to the one Son did today? He got Sol Campbell sent off as a result if I remember.

Online johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14544 on: April 11, 2021, 07:48:50 pm »
Do City need 10 pts from 18 to win the title?

I think this title race is going to finish really close. Utd can get 84pts. City currently on 74?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14545 on: April 11, 2021, 07:51:20 pm »

I think this title race is going to finish really close. Utd can get 84pts. City currently on 74?

Wouldn’t mind it getting tighter so City take their eye off the ball in Europe but given their titles are essentially meaningless I’d still much rather they win it than United in a head to head.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14546 on: April 11, 2021, 07:55:36 pm »

They need 11 to be certain but 10 would be enough with their GD.

City will win it from here no doubt about it.

Glad they lost yesterday I want them to be on it against Chelsea didnt want that being a dead rubber.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14547 on: April 11, 2021, 08:03:26 pm »
They need 11 to be certain but 10 would be enough with their GD.

City will win it from here no doubt about it.

Glad they lost yesterday I want them to be on it against Chelsea didnt want that being a dead rubber.

The gap was 17pts 5 games ago, its part of the reason for my weird feelings they will blow it.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #14548 on: April 11, 2021, 08:07:53 pm »
The gap was 17pts 5 games ago, its part of the reason for my weird feelings they will blow it.

You might have a point if it was guaranteed United win all of their last 7.  But they aren't going to.  So relax.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14549 on: April 11, 2021, 08:28:18 pm »
The utter hypocrisy from Maguire after the game is on another level. Having a go at Son. No on wants to see that, that's not football. We play a contact sport and people have to accept that.
Yes in the very same game his mates were dropping like flies. Rashford going down as usual holding his face when no one was near his face. Fernandes ran a half marathon after being brushed on his foot and then went down screaming. Spurs weren't much better. That game done it for me, I can barely watch games were not playing in anymore. The absolute state of some of them players today. The players blame VAR but they are the ones who are ruining the game just as much

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #14550 on: April 11, 2021, 09:13:34 pm »
What the fuck is that fool Ole on about now, if Son was his son he wouldn’t feed him any food tonight? Doesn’t make any sense

Online johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14551 on: April 11, 2021, 09:32:27 pm »
Ole the Child Starver now apparently.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14552 on: April 11, 2021, 09:33:59 pm »
Ole Fritzl.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14553 on: April 11, 2021, 09:54:23 pm »
Ole can go fuck himself if he thinks Son is a playacting twat and his boys aren't. Ffs your Bruno stepped on a defender's ankle and acted holding his ankle like he got shot and you have the guts to talk?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14554 on: April 11, 2021, 10:02:35 pm »
The irony  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14555 on: April 11, 2021, 10:08:16 pm »
Couldn't make it up  ;D Have they no shame.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14556 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:52 pm »
If Solskjaer is going to start starving people for diving then Luke Shaw is going to be a happy man.  He’ll be the only one allowed in the canteen.

His idea of heaven I would imagine.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #14557 on: April 11, 2021, 10:18:24 pm »
Wow those comments from Ole about Son, the nerve. What a small time manager. His own team has serial divers like Rashford and Fernandes whose main goal is conning the referee.

I am not a fan of Mourinho but he owned him in the press conference.

True North Strong

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14558 on: April 11, 2021, 10:19:48 pm »
GUARDIAN PICK LOL

Just to put this into context;   Guardian Pick...  Let that sink in..

----------------------------------------------

saltedpeanut
3 hours ago

Guardian Pick

Right, I’m going to have to have a bit of a rant here.

I’ve always loved football. Don’t support Man Utd or Spurs, so no real preference in game today, just wanted to see a decent, entertaining game.

I turned it off after the McTominay goal was disallowed. What a fucking joke. Son barely, barely got touched and rolled on the floor feigning like he’d fractured his skull or something. Physios on tending to him. Unbelievable.

How on earth that is ruled out I’ve no idea. If this was a one off issue, then fine. But it’s like every game you watch these days is ruined by players being complete cheating pricks, constantly rolling around and screaming. Referees being bottle jobs and giving fouls for any mere touch and VAR taking 5 minutes to review an armpit being offside.

Jesus. Football was great just 5 or 10 years ago, why’s it turned so shit?

Can someone pls start a campaign to get rid of VAR and remind referees that contact is allowed.

Ah, sorry all, needed to get that off my chest! Feel better now.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14559 on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »
I'm expecting a huge busy up between Rashford and Ole now. Rashford likes to dive and feed children. Ole wants to starve diving children.
Something has to give.