Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 324008 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #3320 on: August 13, 2020, 04:19:35 pm »
Some thoughts/selections for today:

16:10 Hamilton Throne Hall: Kevin Ryan in amazing form and this colt by Kingman (leading Stallion) should improve and go close I think.

Best of luck!

BOOM

Big bets landed :)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3321 on: August 13, 2020, 04:20:58 pm »
Nice winner. Just looked at the results, last nights runner at Wolves was a vets cert but today’s non runner and I suspect yesterday were due to unsuitable ground
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: August 13, 2020, 04:24:15 pm »
Horse Racing: £210.64 Total P&L: £210.64

A decent day.  I eat steak tonight .

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: August 13, 2020, 05:13:41 pm »
The Jacques Le Marois looks another cracking mile race on Sunday in Deauville. Although the older milers were on top at Goodwood I’m tempted by Alpine Star at 6/1. Very impressive at Ascot and only just failed over 10f in the French Oaks, worth a go with the fillies allowance

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: August 13, 2020, 06:15:44 pm »
Tend not to follow international racing... Hard enough over here nevermind internationally. I know nothing about the courses, trainers and jockeys.

I suppose a good strategy would be to back AP O'Brien's horses in group races or follow Ryan Moore and Frankie (Gosden/Stoute) because they jet off for a reason while they could be back here riding winners.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3325 on: August 13, 2020, 06:18:13 pm »
In this case I may or may not have a bet, but it’s more just about watching what should be a great race in prospect

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3326 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:23 pm »
The Jacques Le Marois looks another cracking mile race on Sunday in Deauville. Although the older milers were on top at Goodwood I’m tempted by Alpine Star at 6/1. Very impressive at Ascot and only just failed over 10f in the French Oaks, worth a go with the fillies allowance

8/1 on bet365 mate.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: August 13, 2020, 07:19:20 pm »
8/1 on bet365 mate.
Cheers, just looked and WH paying 3 places at 8/1 also despite only 7 runners, still antepost at the moment obviously but she should run so will take the risk as not putting much down

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:12 pm »
Cheers, just looked and WH paying 3 places at 8/1 also despite only 7 runners, still antepost at the moment obviously but she should run so will take the risk as not putting much down
Twats have voided my bet (Presumably because they had 3 places) and now all the 8/1 has gone

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3329 on: August 13, 2020, 10:48:44 pm »
Twats have voided my bet (Presumably because they had 3 places) and now all the 8/1 has gone

That’s shite mate. I lashed a fiver on @ 8/1 on bet365 I think it’s still that price.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:10 pm »
That’s shite mate. I lashed a fiver on @ 8/1 on bet365 I think it’s still that price.
Should have known better really. I can’t get a 365 account, but it was 8/1 with Skybet before, now only 6/1. Emailed them about it, but doubt I’ll get any joy.

Edit- since I’ve emailed them their price has disappeared from oddschecker and I can’t find the race on their site anymore. Wish I’d taken a screenshot of my bet now
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:24:07 pm by duvva »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: August 13, 2020, 11:25:25 pm »
Wow some nice types tomorrow and hopefully decent prices but not sure. .looks pretty obvious to me.

I am keen to follow Stoute who is red hot but it depends on a few factors.

Will know more in the morning when the markets develop and I'll post some thoughts

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:08 am »
Today's selections/thoughts;

Some of these are quite short or will be shotr near the off but I consider them worthy.

Lets see how many (if any) I can bang in..

12:45 Meu Amor - Filly by Siyouni she cost a fortune and should be a cut above these especially with Ralph Beckett in form... WIN

15:50 Hidden Sky - By Sea the Stars this filly should be competitive against the Stoute favourite who I'm not sure about.  Great value and trainer in form. (5.4 currently) . Tudhope as jockey is a big plus

17:55: Lost In Space - A colt by Dark Angel for IN form John Gosden stable and for owners Qatar Racing.  Should win this contest and Champ jockey Oisin Murphy takes the ride.

19:25 Raaed - Brian Meehan in decent form this colt is by Dark Angel (top stallion) should take the beating here. 

Good luck.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: August 14, 2020, 09:23:58 am »
Should have known better really. I can’t get a 365 account, but it was 8/1 with Skybet before, now only 6/1. Emailed them about it, but doubt I’ll get any joy.

Edit- since I’ve emailed them their price has disappeared from oddschecker and I can’t find the race on their site anymore. Wish I’d taken a screenshot of my bet now

Weird that mate does that usually happen? It's never happened to me before but it sounds really annoying.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:35 am »
Weird that mate does that usually happen? It's never happened to me before but it sounds really annoying.
Think they’ve just closed the antepost market without opening a day of race one yet, don’t think they’re the only ones, can’t find it on Skybet either anymore.

Not the end of the world, wasn’t a big bet and after all this fuss she’ll probably finish last!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: August 14, 2020, 09:54:27 am »
I opened a B365 account last week but they wanted ID before they gave me the bonuses.  Sod that I thought. Shame because they always seem to have the best odds early and Best Odds Guaranteed as well .

The platform is also nice. I can see why they do well.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: August 14, 2020, 10:04:40 am »
I opened a B365 account last week but they wanted ID before they gave me the bonuses.  Sod that I thought. Shame because they always seem to have the best odds early and Best Odds Guaranteed as well .

The platform is also nice. I can see why they do well.

I done this last night. I took a picture of my drivers licence and passport and uploaded them and I was verified within 10 mins. Worth a go like.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: August 14, 2020, 10:19:30 am »
I done this last night. I took a picture of my drivers licence and passport and uploaded them and I was verified within 10 mins. Worth a go like.

I may do that, thanks. The bonuses are generous (up to £100)

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: August 14, 2020, 11:27:33 am »
I may do that, thanks. The bonuses are generous (up to £100)

Make sure you read the small print on those bonuses, there’s usually a catch, like the amount you have to bet/play through before you can withdraw

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: August 14, 2020, 04:00:07 pm »

Some of these are quite short or will be shotr near the off but I consider them worthy.

12:45 Meu Amor - Filly by Siyouni she cost a fortune and should be a cut above these especially with Ralph Beckett in form... WIN

15:50 Hidden Sky - By Sea the Stars this filly should be competitive against the Stoute favourite who I'm not sure about.  Great value and trainer in form. (5.4 currently) . Tudhope as jockey is a big plus

BOOM

Nice bets landed.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: August 14, 2020, 04:10:30 pm »
BOOM

Nice bets landed.

Nice mate. I had Maeve's Memory in the 12:45 E/W @ 66/1 and it was doing well until it fell apart and landed in 5th position.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: August 14, 2020, 04:26:40 pm »
Nice mate. I had Maeve's Memory in the 12:45 E/W @ 66/1 and it was doing well until it fell apart and landed in 5th position.

Tempted to get the new shirt with my winnings... 70 quid!   :o

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: August 14, 2020, 06:35:12 pm »
For international racing fans:

Frankie is riding abroad next week (France?) instead of going to York's Ebor festival (he would have to quarantine )

BIG clue
.  If I was playing i'd back Frankie as he would not give up rides at York for nothing.

I've been to York races years ago and saw Frankie first hand riding a double.  It's one of his favourite courses!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: August 14, 2020, 07:42:00 pm »

17:55: Lost In Space - A colt by Dark Angel for IN form John Gosden stable and for owners Qatar Racing.  Should win this contest and Champ jockey Oisin Murphy takes the ride.

19:25 Raaed - Brian Meehan in decent form this colt is by Dark Angel (top stallion) should take the beating here. 

Good luck.

FOUR out of FOUR!

Amazing when things go well.

Is that a record for the thread?

-Ordered the new shirt from JD  8)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3344 on: August 14, 2020, 11:31:43 pm »
Well played mate enjoy the winnings.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: August 15, 2020, 01:54:44 pm »
Frankels are no good under a mile. Fair opinion so far in his stud career?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: August 15, 2020, 02:04:13 pm »
Frankels are no good under a mile. Fair opinion so far in his stud career?
Think he debuted over 7f from memory just beating Nathaniel. He obviously had plenty of speed but the better ones seem to want at least a mile

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: August 15, 2020, 02:14:06 pm »
Think he debuted over 7f from memory just beating Nathaniel. He obviously had plenty of speed but the better ones seem to want at least a mile

It was over a mile I think. Loads of these trainers seem to run them over 6f or 7f and I'm not sure why. He's producing horses that get two miles like i don't know what they are doing.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: August 15, 2020, 02:22:30 pm »
It was over a mile I think. Loads of these trainers seem to run them over 6f or 7f and I'm not sure why. He's producing horses that get two miles like i don't know what they are doing.
You’re right it was a mile, he did race over 7f on 3 occasions between then and the Guineas. But if you look at his best progeny so far they are best at 10-14f (Cracksman, Elarqam, Anapurna, Logician etc)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: August 15, 2020, 02:25:21 pm »
Frankel is on his way to being a top Stallion no doubt about it.  He's already had Group 1 winners etc and that means hes' one of the best in Europe.

Galileo is a generational type influence

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: August 15, 2020, 02:53:08 pm »
Frankel is on his way to being a top Stallion no doubt about it.  He's already had Group 1 winners etc and that means hes' one of the best in Europe.

Galileo is a generational type influence

Not doubting his ability as a sire, I agree he's well on his way to a top sire. I'  just wondering why trainers keep entering the horses in big races over 6 and 7 furlongs and they keep going off short prices  ;D

Crazy news about Phoneix Thoroughbreds, now we know why they were buying horse for crazy prices.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: August 15, 2020, 03:15:33 pm »
Not doubting his ability as a sire, I agree he's well on his way to a top sire. I'  just wondering why trainers keep entering the horses in big races over 6 and 7 furlongs and they keep going off short prices  ;D

Crazy news about Phoneix Thoroughbreds, now we know why they were buying horse for crazy prices.

I think there's not many races for them.. that's why the trainers run them over shorter trips. It's the same with Kingman (there's one today for Sir Michael Stoute 5:05. I will not be backing it...)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: August 15, 2020, 03:30:08 pm »
Fuck it, small e/w on Pierre Lapin again. He's gonna win one of these soon.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: August 15, 2020, 07:41:47 pm »
Hukum is really nice. Admittedly there were no monsters in that race but he’s improving in chunks and only run 4 times. Definitely a live contender for the Leger.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3354 on: August 15, 2020, 07:59:05 pm »
Hukum is really nice. Admittedly there were no monsters in that race but he’s improving in chunks and only run 4 times. Definitely a live contender for the Leger.

That was a nice performance. Won with a fair bit in hand as well.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: August 16, 2020, 01:22:54 am »
Hoping to go to the Leger if they’re letting people in, think they’re planning on it being a test event, so fingers crossed. Think Santiago will be tough to beat if he goes there but not much of a price.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: August 16, 2020, 02:57:08 pm »
Palace Pier won nicely there. Alpine Star ran well they were both clear of the rest. Two very nice horses

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: August 17, 2020, 01:01:58 am »
Still think Palace Pier is Gosden's Derby horse 😂

Reckon he wins the Arc if he turns up. Serious animal.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: August 17, 2020, 01:11:00 am »
Reckon he wins the Arc if he turns up. Serious animal.
Think he’s far more likely to face Mohaather in the QEII. But yes he’s very good, some really good milers out there at the moment. If the grounds not too bad it could be one of the best QEII line ups for many years

Oh yeah, and Love is winning the arc 😉

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: August 17, 2020, 02:12:36 am »
Think he’s far more likely to face Mohaather in the QEII. But yes he’s very good, some really good milers out there at the moment. If the grounds not too bad it could be one of the best QEII line ups for many years

Oh yeah, and Love is winning the arc 😉

Oh I know I was all over Love winning the Arc but if the ground is soft or good to soft I see this fella beating her. I thought he'd win the derby after all  ;D