Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 63657 times)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: Southampton
« Reply #120 on: April 4, 2014, 02:29:27 pm »
Aguero been ruled out of Southampton game.
If you could extend your injury for one more week that would be grand, cheers Sergio.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 4, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »
We all agree Newcastle are shite though, right?

Well, Southampton are 2 points better than that.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 4, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »
We all agree Newcastle are shite though, right?

Well, Southampton are 2 points better than that.
Newcastle are shite but are lucky every now and again.
Southampton are good but are unlucky here and there.
That's why this sit close in the table.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: April 4, 2014, 05:10:13 pm »
Newcastle are shite but are lucky every now and again.
Southampton are good but are unlucky here and there.
That's why this sit close in the table.

with Cabaye they were more than just lucky
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #124 on: April 4, 2014, 05:49:26 pm »
If you could extend your injury for one more week that would be grand, cheers Sergio.

He's been out for long, he won't be razor fit sharp against us anyway. Dare I say it, Dzeko could be a bigger threat.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 5, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »
I hope that they manage to hold onto their players for another season and get a few additions that fit into their squad.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #126 on: April 5, 2014, 02:49:51 pm »
I hope that they manage to hold onto their players for another season and get a few additions that fit into their squad.

They owe transfer fees of 27m, I think its much more likely there's a firesale and they become relegation fodder next season rather than them improving and challenge for europe.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #127 on: April 5, 2014, 02:57:50 pm »
They owe transfer fees of 27m, I think its much more likely there's a firesale and they become relegation fodder next season rather than them improving and challenge for europe.

The majority of that was on Osvaldo though, not excessive spending.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 5, 2014, 02:59:19 pm »
They still owe it though.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #129 on: April 5, 2014, 03:01:07 pm »
Jay Rodriguez looks to be seriously injured. Disappointed for him and the saints. Hope it's not as serious as it looks.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 5, 2014, 04:16:38 pm »
Would be shocked if Rodriguez hasn't torn ligaments from the look at how much pain he was in.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 5, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »

Don't most clubs owe transfer fees though? plenty of deals are structured to be paid over a couple of seasons. 27 million isn't exactly crippling for a premier league club either.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:25 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2018, 09:08:05 pm »
Mauricio Pellegrino sacked: https://twitter.com/JWTelegraph/status/973298654084820994

One win in the last 17, he was poor appointment and he's took them backwards.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2018, 09:09:02 pm »
No surprise really. That team is awful, just goes to show that sacking Puel was a huge mistake.
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2018, 09:09:18 pm »
A little late in the season. It will not make Shane Long suddenly start scoring goals.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:35 pm »
A little late in the season. It will not make Shane Long suddenly start scoring goals.

Charlie Austin who hasn't even played in 2018 is still their top scorer.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2018, 09:20:39 pm »
Pardew outlasted him ffs

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:27 pm »
Weird that they turned their noses up at Puel's shitty football and then hired Pellegrino, whose Alaves side played some absolutely woeful stuff.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2018, 09:24:11 pm »
Pardew outlasted him ffs
WBA are down, I think the board might be waiting until the season to end and then sack him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:44 pm »
One win in the last 17, he was poor appointment and he's took them backwards.

Never understood his appointment. They sacked Puel for being boring, when Pellegrino's record at Alaves showed he was even more defensive-minded. I'm surprised it took them this long to sack him. They've struggled to score all season, despite having some decent attacking midfielders. I'm not sure as to how much he'd have benefitted from VVD being sold in the summer in order to upgrade on Forster and add another forward

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2018, 09:45:34 pm »
Like most teams down there, they just needed a striker who can score goals. Puel is showing with Leicester that he doesnt want to play boring football, he just needed the right players to not make his style become boring.

I think they would be comfortably 7th or 8th right now if theyd have kept him and given him some funds.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »
Weird that they turned their noses up at Puel's shitty football and then hired Pellegrino, whose Alaves side played some absolutely woeful stuff.

Don't even think Puel was bad. Took them to a League Cup final and had them out of trouble all season long with a pretty ordinary squad. What were they expecting ffs?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2018, 10:01:27 pm »
Should've sold us VVD in the summer and bought some decent players you bunch of wankers  :wave
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:12 pm »
Don't even think Puel was bad. Took them to a League Cup final and had them out of trouble all season long with a pretty ordinary squad. What were they expecting ffs?

I seem to recall they were aggrieved about

a) the lack of attacking football
b) the extended gap between their final position and the Top 4 compared to the previous season

All of which is hard to accomplish when you sell two of your most potent attacking threats (Mane, Pelle) and don't bother to seek out replacements until late  January

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2018, 10:07:25 pm »
I seem to recall they were aggrieved about

a) the lack of attacking football
b) the extended gap between their final position and the Top 4 compared to the previous season

All of which is hard to accomplish when you sell two of your most potent attacking threats (Mane, Pelle) and don't bother to seek out replacements until late  January

Exactly, totally unrealistic expectations with the squad he had. Their top scorer scored 7 in the league last season. He had them fighting above their weight if anything.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:39 pm »
Should've sold us VVD in the summer and bought some decent players you bunch of wankers  :wave

Agreed, their fans' bitterness made the deal impossible at that time, so like the REAL Bitters, they've fucked their own season up with their seething hate for us  ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02:40 pm »
Like most teams down there, they just needed a striker who can score goals. Puel is showing with Leicester that he doesn’t want to play boring football, he just needed the right players to not make his style become boring.

I think they would be comfortably 7th or 8th right now if they’d have kept him and given him some funds.

This. It comes down to having an attack to go along with the organised defence...Pellegrino or Puel. They've gotten enough money from us alone to have reasonably upgraded their attack.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:26 pm »
Hope they get relegated :wave

Pellegrino will probably walk into another La Liga job and do alright with them. Espanyol, Sociedad, even a return to Alaves. Was a perfect storm going to Southampton who sacked a manager for finishing 8th and getting to a cup final... It was only downhill from there. A bit like Swansea sacking Laudrup.

They will get rinsed for transfers in the summer now that everyone knows they've got the VVD money and are desperate for replacements.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Dont swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2018, 12:39:33 am »
Hoping to see them go down with the Owl and that fucker Pardew

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2018, 05:34:09 am »
Anyone remember that female saints fan that used to come on here? Started out as nice as pie, then couldn't help but start gloating when they were doing well under Koeman. Then disappeared when it all started to go to shit for them and she couldn't take getting a bit of stick back. I wonder how she is feeling these days.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2018, 05:37:00 am »
Anyone remember that female saints fan that used to come on here? Started out as nice as pie, then couldn't help but start gloating when they were doing well under Koeman. Then disappeared when it all started to go to shit for them and she couldn't take getting a bit of stick back. I wonder how she is feeling these days.

Nicole Appleton?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 05:47:31 am »
Nicole Appleton?

:D

Nah, I wouldn't have thought so PoP. I had no idea she supported Southampton by the way. And before you say owt, I very much doubt it was Lucy Pinder either. :D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:44 am »
WBA are down, I think the board might be waiting until the season to end and then sack him
true could be a much lower buyout

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2018, 08:30:46 am »
Amazed Pelegrino lasted so long to be honest. If Southampton get that small run of knee jerk run of results like everyone else that sacks their manager. I can see Huddersfield & West Ham getting drawn into a relegation dog fight.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 08:41:58 am »

I remember her. I wonder what she thinks of Poxychino now...
We beat Real Madrid

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 09:05:12 am »
Mark Hughes the clear frontrunner according to some well connected journos, and with him out of work you'd expect him in charge by the weekend. Not sure how they've landed on him as their saviour (especially just weeks after being sacked for leading another side into the relegation mire), but I'm sure he'll jump at it.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2018, 09:11:48 am »
Le Tissier's changed his tune from the Summer  8)

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-sou-pellegrino/initial-refusal-to-sell-van-dijk-cost-pellegrino-le-tissier-idUKKCN1GP0CE

... Le Tissier suggested that the turmoil surrounding Dutchman Van Dijks future amid interest from Liverpool and Manchester City had affected the teams performances early in the season.
Van Dijk eventually moved to Liverpool in January for 75 million pounds ($104.24 million), according to British media reports.
I think that was probably something that, looking back with hindsight, the club would probably regret, trying to keep him in the summer, said Le Tissier, who scored 209 goals for Southampton during his 16 years at the club.
They tried to do the right thing by the fans, in terms of not selling their best player every season, but sadly that did appear to backfire, and that situation probably didnt help the performances in the first half of the season.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2018, 09:13:41 am »
Miss Saint Mary or something like that? Loved Poch til he left and became Poxychino. Loved a nickname, I think I offered her full use of Ronald Konman for the tine he inevitably left them but think she stopped posting before that happened.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2018, 09:15:27 am »
Mark Hughes the clear frontrunner according to some well connected journos, and with him out of work you'd expect him in charge by the weekend. Not sure how they've landed on him as their saviour (especially just weeks after being sacked for leading another side into the relegation mire), but I'm sure he'll jump at it.

Good lord. It's as if all the sides currently in the relegation zone have given up already.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75