Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 63604 times)

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Southampton
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:09 pm »
They have just signed Osvaldo from Roma for 15mp. They have made some top drawer signings this season. Can see them finishing in top 10 this season.

Osvaldo Lambert Lalana Jay Rodriguez  Schneiderlein Wanyama Lovren Boruc all good enough players for a team looking to challenge for a cup and top10
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
Re: Southampton
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/6474?cc=4716

James Horncastle on Osvaldo. Suarez is a Saint as compared to him :o
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »
I rate this southampton team very highly, so much so I had a tenner on them to beat West Brom at the hawthorns this weekend. By all accounts, West Brom hardly had a sniff and Southampton could have scored 3 or 4.

I personally think they'll compete for a Top 6 place this season. They'll make their place a fortress.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:40 pm »
Schneiderlin - Wanyama midfield is CLASS to be honest and in Lambert, Oswaldo they have got goals in them. Can break into top8 as well. Top 6 will be pushing it a bit seeing even we aren't making in it last3 out of 4 years
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
Can see them finishing in top 10 this season.

Definitely, they're going to be a very dangerous team this year.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:18:46 pm »
They've done well this window and have a great youth system, their going to be dangerous, still think they need a new winger but they are set for a good run in the premiership
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:48 pm »
Get on them for the League Cup  50/1.   
No time for caution.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:19 pm »
Did not see this coming, building a strong side

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:02 pm »
Lovren looks shit from what I've seen but Wanyama is ok and Osvaldo though a complete knobhead will get a few goals. Meh.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:53 pm »
Southampton are going to be tough to play against. Especially at their place. I think there is a strong possibility they could get a European place this season. Either through the league or the league cup.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »
They bought well, but I am still undecided on Pochettino. Not a bad coach seemingly, but not convinced if he is a very good one.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »
I can see them doing quite well this season but there are no guarantees these new signings will gel together and work on the pitch.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »
Where do they get all that money from ? On top of that how can they attract so many talents given their position in the table last season ? Is Pochettino that highly rated ?

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:35 pm »
They've got a few good young talents, as well. The likes of Clyne, Lallana, Ward-Prowse, Rodriguez and of course Luke Shaw.

Offline GarraCharrua

• yes i am united fan, please dont ban me
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:17 pm »
Where do they get all that money from ? On top of that how can they attract so many talents given their position in the table last season ? Is Pochettino that highly rated ?

Pochetino was the manager of Espanyol when Osvaldo played there

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:08 am »
They're owned by a trust set up by Markus Liebherr who was worth over 3 billion when he died.

I have personal reasons for liking them but they've got a great blend of big signings (Wanayama/Ramirez/Osvaldo) youth (Shaw/Lallana/Mayuka/JWP) and the guys that got them there (Lambert/Schneiderlin/Fonte).

Also not convinced by Pochettino, but there's a ton of potential there and thank fuck they didn't get some twat like Bruce or Allardyce in.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:55 am »
Osvaldo is great but not sure he is that much better than Lambert plus he comes with major baggage. I expect 2-3 red cards this season.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 05:27:53 am »
Osvaldo is a decent player & also a nutbag.

Anyone who has the balls to rip the ball off Totti to take a penalty is a nutcase .... he also ended up missing the penalty lol

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 05:36:11 am »
They're owned by a trust set up by Markus Liebherr who was worth over 3 billion when he died.

I have personal reasons for liking them but they've got a great blend of big signings (Wanayama/Ramirez/Osvaldo) youth (Shaw/Lallana/Mayuka/JWP) and the guys that got them there (Lambert/Schneiderlin/Fonte).

Also not convinced by Pochettino, but there's a ton of potential there and thank fuck they didn't get some twat like Bruce or Allardyce in.
Wow, I only just realised how many good players they've got. With a but of luck they could be doing really well in 2 years' time.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »
Lovren looks shit from what I've seen but Wanyama is ok and Osvaldo though a complete knobhead will get a few goals. Meh.

I've noticed basically anyone else other teams sign are shit and meh. (I agree on Lovren by the way).

At least you are consistent :D

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 12:43:22 pm »
Not much will get past Schneiderlin and Wanyama.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »
I like them a lot, will be tough to play against them in a couple of weeks.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 01:16:58 pm »
They could be the surprise package running for Europe this year.  Lambert is just a very very good forward and they are strengthening in good areas.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »
What's so special about their signings? Lovren hasn't looked good in ages. Osvaldo is a complete nutbag, who moves from club to club and Wanyama admittedly looked decent at Celtic but has it all to prove still at a higher level. They've spent a lot of money but that doesn't necessarily mean it's well spent. I think they'll comfortably beat relegation, but I can't see much to get excited about.

Likewise with Sunderland who a few seemed to be raving about in the close season.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 01:43:45 pm »
Think alot of people are severely overrating them.  I agree with the above, none of their signings have made me say wow.  The only thing making me say that is the money they are spending.

They have a chance of finishing top 10 possibly, but I don't expect them to get into Europe.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:46:43 pm by karl1987 »

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »
I don't know if their owners are putting in much money. Southampton were promoted into the premiership with a small wage bill, and they were able to spend a decent bit of money in the knowledge that they would make money even if they were relegated. They stayed up, their tv income is going to soar this year, and they've spent it on two or three rather expensive players.

Then again they had three 18 year olds starting against west brom on Saturday, and adam lallana  and last season they signed nathaniel clyne, jay rodriguez and Gaston ramirez. they really put their faith in youth.

Aside from a couple of more expensive signings, the rest of the squad is made up of youth team players, and players they picked up along the way, back when they were broke. players like schneiderlin, fonte and lambert. These players aren't paid very much. then there are a bunch of players who were cheap gambles that didn't work out and are on the fringes. They don't have any debt to repay, they don't have any stadium to build, they've already got the space age academy and training ground. They can afford to spend a lot of money. on a couple of signings. The tricky bit for them will be to keep control of wages when they move out championship level players that they don't use and replace them with better and more expensive players.

They're just in the same position as swansea and Norwich. Two clubs that are now in a position to spend a fair whack of cash out of the money they are making.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
I don't know if their owners are putting in much money. Southampton were promoted into the premiership with a small wage bill, and they were able to spend a decent bit of money in the knowledge that they would make money even if they were relegated. They stayed up, their tv income is going to soar this year, and they've spent it on two or three rather expensive players.

Then again they had three 18 year olds starting against west brom on Saturday, and adam lallana  and last season they signed nathaniel clyne, jay rodriguez and Gaston ramirez. they really put their faith in youth.

Aside from a couple of more expensive signings, the rest of the squad is made up of youth team players, and players they picked up along the way, back when they were broke. players like schneiderlin, fonte and lambert. These players aren't paid very much. then there are a bunch of players who were cheap gambles that didn't work out and are on the fringes. They don't have any debt to repay, they don't have any stadium to build, they've already got the space age academy and training ground. They can afford to spend a lot of money. on a couple of signings. The tricky bit for them will be to keep control of wages when they move out championship level players that they don't use and replace them with better and more expensive players.

They're just in the same position as swansea and Norwich. Two clubs that are now in a position to spend a fair whack of cash out of the money they are making.

Do you know anything about the club or are you just making shit up?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 03:06:21 pm »

Seriously what a load of shite.  ???
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 03:30:55 pm »
Where are all the Norwich fanboys now, HUH?!

Southampton are the hipster team, for 13/14 (rhyming, mo'fuckers!)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:01 pm »
Where are all the Norwich fanboys now, HUH?!

Southampton are the hipster team, for 13/14 (rhyming, mo'fuckers!)

Hipster teams spend 15m on strikers?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »
Hipster teams spend 15m on strikers?

Yeah. Especially ones that look like a hipster Khal Drogo.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »
Southampton, Swansea and Aston Villa will be quality this year
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 03:53:20 pm »
Really like the Southampton team. It's a bloody good first team too though not a lot of depth:

Boruc
Clyne       Fonte          Lovren         Shaw
          Schneiderlin   Wanyama
    Oswaldo      Ramirez      Lallana
                       Lambert
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 03:53:48 pm »

Yeah. Especially ones that look like a hipster Khal Drogo.

You're off base here lad, its a known fact that hipster clubs grow their own players organically without genetic modifying. That's why Arsenal never caught on, all their fresh produce was tampered with...

...wait that doesn't sound right.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

are you always this rude? everything I said is freely available. You can find a teamsheet from the weekend can't you? you can use google can't you? information about clubs financial set ups is available.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
are you always this rude? everything I said is freely available. You can find a teamsheet from the weekend can't you? you can use google can't you? information about clubs financial set ups is available.

Right but I know the truth about the club because I have family from the area and you've come on dismissing everything that had actually happened in favour of some gibberish you just made up.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
Lambert has become used to the pace and physical side of the League, one of my favourite players because of his predatory instincts and can score from free kicks, penalties you name it. Osvaldo joining can help give the Saints an extra attacking option.

Not getting carried away but I can see them finishing around 10th-11th. They are strong at home and could even nick some surprise results on the road.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »
Right but I know the truth about the club because I have family from the area and you've come on dismissing everything that had actually happened in favour of some gibberish you just made up.
You've replied to his lengthy post with a jibe, offering no substance. How about you actually counter what he's said, point-by-point. It can't be that hard if the information is  "made-up."

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »
Will they be getting a cut of the Bale money?

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »
A post that begins with "I don't know if the owners have put in that much money..." needs to be dissected point by point? He's said he doesn't know, then gone a posted a bunch of guess work.

Southampton were heavily in debt when Liebherr bought them, roughly 20 million or so. That was cleared as part of the purchase. They immediately went out and paid 3m for players whilst in League One. That got them promoted to the Championship. They spent 5m in that season.

Since promotion to the Premier League they've spent around 50m on players, and their turnover until June 2012 was 21m. Even accounting for the Premier League revenue boost, that's a substantial investment. Norwich have spent a little over half that.

Now obviously there is a logic behind spending silly money to stay in the Premier League because if it pays off the return can be significant. However only someone who has no clue about the way the club is run, and more importantly where the club was when Liebherr bought them, would make a dismissive, uneducated statement along the lines of "it's like Norwich". That isn't the case, because Liebherr's trust hasn't come anywhere near recovering their investment into the club, and there has been no suggestion that relegation/parachute payments are an option for them.

Now since you like defending RedHopper so much, maybe you should go through his post history and see why his posts are to be treated with disdain.