Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179544 times)

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #240 on: August 4, 2013, 11:44:27 am »
Word of warning, If you have sky multiroom you can only watch bt sport on one telly. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes been discussed in the other BT Sport thread. BT are using their own billing system and they only allow you to link to one Sky viewing card.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 4, 2013, 11:48:16 am »
but it asks for silverlight which the telly browser doesn't support.
I think I had to click 'yes' to accept that mate.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #242 on: August 4, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »
owen is terrible as a co-commentator, james is a bit dull, the lap of honour interview was crass. ididnt mind the 'in screen' angles/views/replays thing. oh and do not like the score and time at the bottom left of the screen, it just seems wrong and in the way.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: August 4, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »
i see they have halsey doing games to give the referee's perspective on things as the game progresses. be interesting to see how that works.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #244 on: August 4, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »
I thought this essentially replaced ESPN but went to record UFC upstairs this morning and got a message that I needed to subscribe

That's Boxnation and BT now where multi-room isn't actually multi-room, annoyed I pay through the nose and can't get the same service on all TV's

Wankers

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #245 on: August 4, 2013, 03:17:30 pm »
do not like the score and time at the bottom left of the screen, it just seems wrong and in the way.

Yeah, just watching Napoli now online and that is really annoying me. Why would you put it on the pitch like that instead of at the top? Just seems like a change for the sake of it to try to look different.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 4, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »
Word of warning, If you have sky multiroom you can only watch bt sport on one telly. Anyone else noticed this?
I'm not on Sky but I was wondering (in case the same issue arises with Virgin) what the issue is - is it that you have to chose a room for viewing or is is that you can view it in any room but only one at a time?

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 4, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »
I really don't like the picture-in-picture thing.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 4, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »
Macca is infinitely better than Owen, but yeah they are trying to be too different I think with the scores etc. I do like the ref co-commentator thing though.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 4, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »
Macca is the only decent pundit.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #250 on: August 4, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »
Yes, you have to pay for each box. They show it on viewing card you give them the number for...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #251 on: August 4, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »
 Macca's doing well.

David James will irritate me all year, I'm certain already,

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 4, 2013, 05:22:27 pm »
Yeah, just watching Napoli now online and that is really annoying me. Why would you put it on the pitch like that instead of at the top? Just seems like a change for the sake of it to try to look different.

Sky tried doing it about five years ago and after a few games they put it back to the top-left. The problem with having the scorebar at the bottom of the screen is that it gets in the way of the action. That doesn't happen to anywhere near the same extent when it's at the top.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 4, 2013, 05:23:26 pm »
I like hearing from Hargreaves although I cant place his accent to anywhere hes from.

The other pundits & ex player commentators are just as dull from BBC & ESPN days.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 4, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »
I like hearing from Hargreaves although I cant place his accent to anywhere hes from.

The other pundits & ex player commentators are just as dull from BBC & ESPN days.
When I didn't realise it was Hargreaves yesterday I just thought it was some German bloke.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 4, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »

Canada!

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 4, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »
^Canada, Germany, England.... His accent fits none on them! Yesterday I thought it was Dwight York commentating.

I like the Ref idea but its a shame Mark Halsey lacks any real presence or charisma. The ex officials some of the NFL coverage has  are brilliant & really add to coverage where as he is like a spare part.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 4, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »
I agree about the scores in the bottom hand corner, did my fucking head in yesterday
And the BT sport logo in the other side ,I kept pressing backup on my sky remote to get rid of it like I do with the red button thing ::)

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #258 on: August 4, 2013, 08:32:20 pm »
Their coverage of the European leagues looks like it will be a notch above what ESPN offered. Looking at their schedule, they'll have quite a few more games on show, than what ESPN had.

They've already started of with a good in-depth preview of the new Bundesliga season. Paul Dempsey looks like he'll be part of the BT team too - one of the better presenters out there.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 4, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »
Their coverage of the European leagues looks like it will be a notch above what ESPN offered. Looking at their schedule, they'll have quite a few more games on show, than what ESPN had.

They've already started of with a good in-depth preview of the new Bundesliga season. Paul Dempsey looks like he'll be part of the BT team too - one of the better presenters out there.

Yeah I'm watching that now, it's quite good. They did a similar one for Ligue 1 before which I recorded but haven't got round to watching yet. With James Richardson doing the Sunday night games, looks like for the European leagues they're making an effort to get decent pundits and presenters who actually know what they're on about.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 4, 2013, 09:30:04 pm »
Don't know why they don't have James Richardson as the face of the premier league coverage.

Best broadcaster I've seen, love his understated  anti hyperbole approach that would really make BT distinct from Sky.

In stead they chose Jake Humphrey, who i would not trust with my girlfriend, sure, he would play all nice, but, one day, he will betray you.
No time for caution.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 4, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »
Don't know why they don't have James Richardson as the face of the premier league coverage.

Best broadcaster I've seen, love his understated  anti hyperbole approach that would really make BT distinct from Sky.

In stead they chose Jake Humphrey, who i would not trust with my girlfriend, sure, he would play all nice, but, one day, he will betray you.
James Richardson's their main European leagues presenter by the looks of it.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 4, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »
Enjoyed that Bundesliga preview and suspect there Serie A coverage will be good too.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 4, 2013, 09:46:05 pm »
James Richardson's their main European leagues presenter by the looks of it.

Its good to see his involved,but I would have given him the lead anchor role, BT should need to play to the hipsters.

Having watched the coverage of the friendly the other day they remind of when sky first started by doing tonnes of coverage  but  i think they should try and be more innovative and try and do things the opposite of sky's coverage, avoiding the hyper bole but also avoid going to the "no tie zone"combat trousers on a Saturday smugness of ITV.
No time for caution.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 5, 2013, 12:48:52 am »
I think Stevie will look back and regret that on-field interview. Although he doesn't like being centre of attention and may have initially welcomed a bit of company walking round, I think he'll realise it was a fucking big distraction and he didn't get the opportunity to wave and thank the fans fully despite the inane prompts of "wave to those people" - People!

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 5, 2013, 09:43:29 am »
I'm with Virgin, took out the XL package pretty much solely to get ESPN. Now I find that is gone, still don't know if I can get BT Sport, and how much it may be. Very frustrating. Think I might phone them later and moan a bit.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 5, 2013, 11:35:07 am »
I'm with Virgin, took out the XL package pretty much solely to get ESPN. Now I find that is gone, still don't know if I can get BT Sport, and how much it may be. Very frustrating. Think I might phone them later and moan a bit.

It's bullshit they've not reduced the price or replaced it. Typical Virgin - I can't get any other broadband in this area otherwise I would of moved years ago, money pinching bastards.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 5, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »
I'm still very doubtful BT Sport will be shown to Virgin Customers before season starts.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #268 on: August 6, 2013, 01:28:58 am »
Working now. Hurrah

Offline Lfc Rules

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 6, 2013, 01:07:58 pm »
Oh dear, it looks like The King isn't very impressed with them ...........

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish 1m
I have hung up now. Fed up hearing that they are very busy. Thanks for the info.

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish 9m
Anyone know how to get an answer on the phone from bt sport. Hope their match coverage is better than their answer service. Only been an 1hr
"PLAY FUCKING FOOTBALL!" ~ Jürgen Klopp

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 6, 2013, 01:48:47 pm »

I have hung up now. Fed up hearing that they are very busy. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know how to get an answer on the phone from bt sport. Hope their match coverage is better than their answer service. Only been an 1hr

Good to see that BT's foray into televised sport hasn't effected their legendary customer service.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 6, 2013, 01:57:18 pm »

I phoned up on Saturday as our match was starting and got it sorted within 10 minutes!!
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 6, 2013, 02:18:22 pm »
I signed up online. Why would anyone phone BT?

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 6, 2013, 02:31:13 pm »
The only way to interview 'Arry.

~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #274 on: August 6, 2013, 02:31:24 pm »
yep - online is the way to go - I was sorted in minutes
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 6, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »

Because they're a phone company??? hahaha ironny!

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 6, 2013, 03:20:29 pm »
Actually, it's working on my phone and PC.

The channels don't excist on my BT TV box. Just got channel 57 to order it.

Ordered on the 31st to get BT Sport for free and it isn't fucking there. Useless c*nts. Already spent 25 mins on the phone and there is a 'techinacal issue'. Yes there is. They've not added them. The twats.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 6, 2013, 03:23:48 pm »
So to activate my sky viewing card for this do I have to call BT Sports?

I've BT broadband.

Also as well as watching it through Sky is it free via the BT Sports App?

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 6, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »

Because some of us struggle with technology!  :P
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 6, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »
"Sorry sir, your signal won't go through the plug socket adapters.

Absolute twats. Thanks for putting that on the website...... Oh wait, you didn't. Got to fucking get an über long cable now, you bunch of quilts.