Author Topic: RAWK Adonis aka Fitness Thread...  (Read 234375 times)

Offline J££RARD

• Thai me up, Thai me down.
  • Legacy Fan
  • be nice or F.O.
Re: RAWK Fitness Thread...
« Reply #200 on: April 9, 2007, 08:06:55 am »
running 400m a day makes me happy  8)
my twitter rant: @jeerard

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: April 9, 2007, 08:10:56 pm »
At an all time low, taken a week off wi the kids and eaten out every night.

have had in the last week...

KFC
Fish and Chips Twice
Curry
Italian
Pub Grub Twice
Mc D's
Pizza
Shit at theme parks etc Three Times

All in all health is at an all time low!
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 08:18:03 pm by Squidge »
Monkey monkey do

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #202 on: April 9, 2007, 08:18:22 pm »
At an all time low, taken a week off wi the kids and eaten out every night.

have had in the last week...

KFC
Fish and Chips Twice
Curry
Italian
Pub Grub Twice
Mc D's
Shit at theme parks etc Three Times

All in all health is at an all time low!

count your blessings mate - you are lucky to be alive after stuffing yourself with that lot!
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 9, 2007, 08:21:27 pm »
count your blessings mate - you are lucky to be alive after stuffing yourself with that lot!

Fiar point.

Problem now is do i say fuck it and throw the chinese starter selection in the oven that i've been eyeing up for the last 20 mins even though i'm not hungry or do i begint he healthier diet....

And if i do do i go for the 18 peice spring roll wanton and prawn toast selection or the butterfly prawns in breadcrumbs or maybe the filo wrapped prawns or maybe all 3.

God my life is so stressful!!!!
Monkey monkey do

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #204 on: April 9, 2007, 09:06:36 pm »
OK, could I ask RAWK for a little bit of help? I've been to the doctors today and what I thought would be the same old rubbish routine of 'slightly high cholesterol and blood pressure etc' was said in an all too serious tone, for my liking.

I am overweight, I never exercise, I eat too much and I smoke (although not as much as I used to). I'm working on the smoking and feel I have enough will-power to give up completely. As far as excercise goes, well, I don't know. It's not really me, but I can see what I can do.

Eating is the problem: how do I seriously cut down? And replies of, stop shoving food into your gob aren't helpful, especially when I'm giving up smoking. Anyone got any tips?

Just replace the crap with better stuff to be honest. If you're gonna eat chocolate, eat a banana. Things like that. Try and limit processed foods and salt from your diet.
Watch your back.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2007, 10:30:19 pm »
On Monday, I decided I need to lose a bit of weight and build up more muscle.
Im 6'2 and 13 Stone 6 pounds at the moment so im determined to get down to at least 12 and a half stone as my beer belly probably takes up about 8 stone on my body
Hardest part for me is not the weight training and cardio, but the HELL OF LAYING OFF THE BOOZE AND JUNK FOOD.
Im going to have a good knees up on the weekend and eat what I want then, but during the week its strictly anti-booze and junk food.
My Training is 4 days a week, during that time I work on different body parts each day and go for a swim.  Hopefully it will all be worth it soon.
Post your fitness stories, tips, plans, advice etc in here people 

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2007, 07:32:46 pm »
Going to do a run every day, and play footie 3 times a week. See how it goes.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:43 pm »
sounds like you'll overdo it. build up slowly and give yourself a rest day.
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »
sounds like you'll overdo it. build up slowly and give yourself a rest day.
Will see how i go. Will probably fuck off a run on thursdays, as i play footie an hour later. And sunday is a day of rest anyway.

Going to cut down on the ale aswell.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2007, 10:23:27 pm »

Going to cut down on the ale aswell.

Try it and see how you go - best decision I ever made. Feel so much fitter, stronger, faster, sharper the lot. Span rings around some of the lads at footy yesterday. It was pretty hot and they started getting tired at around 20-25 mins, but I felt fine.

Definitely worth a shot.
JFT97

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:22 pm »
I'm so lucky with all this fitness crap. Haven't done any exercise in my life, but I look good. At least the women say so. I mean, could be better, but I'm more than satisfied.   
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Pheeny

« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2007, 10:28:55 pm »
did a 85km bike ride this morning.Average of 26.7 kmph. with a few hills.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2007, 10:36:25 pm »
wow pheeny - that is amazing :) i cycled 4 miles, average about 12 mph - bloody stop lights ;)
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2007, 02:26:42 pm »
Recently came across this exercise suggested for the over 30's, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought that I'd pass it on to some of my friends and family. The article suggested doing it three days a week. 

1. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room on each side. With a 2kg potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. 

2. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg potato sacks. Then 25kg potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50kg potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute (I'm at this level). 

3. After you feel confident at that level, put some  potato's in each of the sacks. 

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »
Recently came across this exercise suggested for the over 30's, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought that I'd pass it on to some of my friends and family. The article suggested doing it three days a week. 

1. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room on each side. With a 2kg potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. 

2. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg potato sacks. Then 25kg potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50kg potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute (I'm at this level). 

3. After you feel confident at that level, put some  potato's in each of the sacks. 

:lmao
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2007, 02:31:24 pm »
I had a knee surgery about two months ago. I can start jogging and training my legs in the gym soon. Can't wait. My aim is to start light football training in one month. Doctor said I can't play in footy games for 6 to 12 months so I'm likely to miss this season. Our season kicks off in two weeks. I hope I can play some part in the end of season but it's really unlikely.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2007, 02:46:31 pm »
did a 85km bike ride this morning.Average of 26.7 kmph. with a few hills.

getting your moneys worth before you replace it?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2007, 03:32:02 pm »
I could probably do with going the gym.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2007, 03:37:29 pm »
Exercise starts after the exams. No point bothering now when I'm spending 12 hours a day sat at a desk.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2007, 03:44:59 pm »
;D

Walked 5 miles or so today playing golf which was good. Shot 93 which considering I've not picked up a club in 18 months was pretty good.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2007, 03:46:53 pm »
Going to take the dog up Winter Hill later when it cools off a bit :)

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2007, 05:09:19 pm »
Going to take the dog up Winter Hill later when it cools off a bit :)

Cools off?!?!

Where the bloody hell are you living?

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »
Winter Hill is 5 miles North West of Bolton. It has a big TV transmitter on the top.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:58 pm »
with a few hills.

Come off it, in Belgium? ???
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:49 pm »
Cools off?!?!

Where the bloody hell are you living?

;D

It was hot here this afternoon! As Phil says, I am back in darkest Bolton (near enough) for a couple of days. Anyway, this is the fitness thread, sorry about the o/t ramblings...

Offline The Mrs

• is smashing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ex
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2007, 07:48:51 pm »
I had a knee surgery about two months ago. I can start jogging and training my legs in the gym soon. Can't wait. My aim is to start light football training in one month. Doctor said I can't play in footy games for 6 to 12 months so I'm likely to miss this season. Our season kicks off in two weeks. I hope I can play some part in the end of season but it's really unlikely.
i know im only a feeble girly but i know how shit it is to have to stop things bcoz of knee injury.
Used to run a fair way everyday but had to stop due to some strange bone thing in both knees.  after being on crutches the best i could do was standing on one leg whilst brushing my teeth!
used to be a skinny bitch but now i'm a fat bird, owing to lack of exercise and some lard arse inducing tablets. however i'm taking myself off the medication now and starting off with an exercise video and swimming!
don't get me wrong i wouldnever goback to my 5"8 and just under 7st, i looked awful, i appreciate my curves...(as does Matt!!) but am focussing on toning up and getting back to full fitness.
This is greatly aided by the fact i chucked in the fags at new year... i can actually taste stuff now and get up the stairs without needing a lie down!!!
GOod luck everyone, we all need tokeep each other motivated!
xxxx
Most definitely DID NOT start this whole skin wearing malarky!!

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
Anyone got any ideas on how I can get a bit fitter without having to pay anything such as going swimming etc.?  Trying to get myself in a fit state to play footy again and have started running and going on the rowing machine and doing the odd few sit ups/press ups.  Is there anything else I could be doing (and I don't own a bike either)?

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2007, 08:39:55 pm »
Go over the park with yer mates or something mate. Best way to get fit for footie is to actually play a bit more. That way you're use to the fitness needed. I play 6-a-side 3 times a week and one 11-a-side game a week and have got fitter and fitter as the season has gone on.

A short job round your local block wouldnt be a bad idea either. Gotta back it up with the correct diet though. So not eating fattening foods or foods with alot of sugar in it helps :wave

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2007, 11:12:17 pm »
Done a bit of a core + resistance session, feel mucho better for it. Off out in a wee while to ruin it all though. Gonna be knackered on Monday, got a footie match and I'm gonna have to mark the best player I'll probably ever play with or against. Good job he runs at my pace. Kind of.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:27:12 pm by Col »
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2007, 06:05:32 pm »
As of the 28th, I'm going to start going the gym again 3 times a week. No uni, no work, no nothing until I start my new job on the 23/07, so I really should start going again.

Problem is I'm going to have to drop down the weights again. There is no chance I'll be able to do the same weights I was doing when I was going regularly. Hate dropping down weights.

Anyone else got any summer gym plans? I'm going to try and stick to a set routine do as many reps as possible for the last set.
JFT97

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2007, 08:46:47 pm »
Anyone else got any summer gym plans? I'm going to try and stick to a set routine do as many reps as possible for the last set.
Need to start going to the gym again in the summer mainly for weights. Fitness wise I'll be fine as I play 6-a-side 4 days out of 7.

£3.50 each time I go to the gym so thats not bad at all.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2007, 05:32:18 am »
Just done another 'bit of everything' session - Chest, abs and obliques, bis, tris, shoulders, gluteus maximus (and it is maximus! ;))

Helps a lot to have some low weights lying round the house (2 x 10kg dumbells does me) so you can do things whilst getting on with everyday life - watching the telly, listening to a cd etc. Istead of slumping on the couch, get sweaty on the carpet.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »
Anyone else got any summer gym plans?

Need to drop some weight for my wedding in the Autumn, so mixing cycling and running. Won't be able to join a gym until I am working again, but might get some weights for home use. Like Col posted, half an hour in front of the tele is quite feasible with a little willpower.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2007, 11:25:35 pm »
That was a well timed bump Ben, as it reminded me I have to go in tomorrow.

Holiday coming up in June so need to remove the tyre from around my waist.
JFT97

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2007, 11:48:38 pm »
That was a well timed bump Ben, as it reminded me I have to go in tomorrow.

Holiday coming up in June so need to remove the tyre from around my waist.

I posted to make myself guilty :) Keep updates coming on here though, it is good motivation when others are doing the same thing :wave

Wedding is four months away. Not got a weight goal in mind, just want to feel healthier than I have done recently! Aim tomorrow is to cycle for an hour, which will be about two laps of Richmond Park.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2007, 12:47:42 am »
Just done some swimming, I'd forgotten how hard swimming is as opposed to just dicking about in a pool. Also did some underwater SAQ stuff, gonna do it regularly from now on. Time to hit the weights and maybe the basketball court after dinner, all is good.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #236 on: June 2, 2007, 01:12:02 am »
How long would you say it would take to get from 20st to 15st
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 2, 2007, 01:34:53 am »
How long would you say it would take to get from 20st to 15st

Around two hours with surgery.

But, if you want the more satisfying route it need not take a long time. I went from 16 to 12 in about 18 months but that wasn't being hardcore. Losing a pound a week would take about 14 months, but the rate of loss would probably be higher in the initial stages, so you could manage it comfortably in a year.

At 16stone, I started out with cycling and other low-impact cardio, and cleaned-up my diet. Then when I felt fitter I added weights and more high-impact exercise (like running). I'm sure others will have other tips too.

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 2, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »
F*cking rubbish. Exercise is rubbish. On thurs i decided that i need do something energetic aside from going to the bar. Ended up with sprained ligaments in the shoulder and a jarred knee from playing football with random punters. Exercise is bad. Its painful and you spend ages in A&E.
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 2, 2007, 01:10:16 pm »
I have just eaten a fried bread bacon sarnie,

Must hit the gym tomorrow
Must hit the gym tomorrow
Must hit jim tomorrow.