Author Topic: End of radio city  (Read 3520 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
End of radio city
« on: May 8, 2020, 09:25:02 am »
Went to shit when they stopped doing the football stuff anyway. Let alone it being the same as most of the other stations bauer own. But seems final nail in the coffin.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Re: End of radio city
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2020, 10:00:36 am »
It’s only Radio City Talk which is affected isn’t it?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2020, 10:42:23 am »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2020, 01:47:49 pm »
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2020, 02:24:54 pm »
Poor old Pete Price..wonder what happened to his banner?
Is he still a lizard?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2020, 03:24:01 pm »

Needs to be dug out and flown from the top of St Johns Beacon on the last day.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2020, 05:46:19 pm »

Kesey will know.  ;)

I've not listened to Radio City since they binned the football off. Mind you, I don't listen to any radio these days because I loathe the shite they play.

In the last week the neighbours have been working on their garden. One day they had City FM on and the other they had Radio One on. I remembered just why I don't listen to either anymore.

Are City winding down or something? At one time they were definitely the number one station in the city, but no more it seems.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2020, 06:20:26 pm »
Kesey will know.  ;)

I've not listened to Radio City since they binned the football off. Mind you, I don't listen to any radio these days because I loathe the shite they play.

In the last week the neighbours have been working on their garden. One day they had City FM on and the other they had Radio One on. I remembered just why I don't listen to either anymore.

Are City winding down or something? At one time they were definitely the number one station in the city, but no more it seems.

They are owned by Bauer Media, who also own Kiss, Absolute and Magic, plus Greatest Hits Radio, which basically covers all the bases locally, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did run it down to save money. I listen to absolute classic rock and I know they use the same DJ for most/all of the different Absolute breakfast shows, they do the same with the 4pm drivetime slot.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2020, 06:52:36 pm »
They are owned by Bauer Media, who also own Kiss, Absolute and Magic, plus Greatest Hits Radio, which basically covers all the bases locally, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did run it down to save money. I listen to absolute classic rock and I know they use the same DJ for most/all of the different Absolute breakfast shows, they do the same with the 4pm drivetime slot.
Ah, ok. I didn't know that. I just assumed they were their own thing, as opposed to being just one in a stable of stations owned by a bigger group.

It sounds a bit like how the Liverpool Echo is now not really the Liverpool Echo anymore and is now garbage and owned by a bigger group.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2020, 07:38:27 am »
It was sound until what I thought they sold out, Radio City was targeting the younger audience & Radio City 2 the oldies.
The sell out made the sport & talk shows go solo on digital & Greatest Hits took over Radio City 2, they still had the same presenters but lost it's local flavour, phone ins,competitions etc where you regularly got a shout & was actually more fun/interesting suddenly went national and it was completely taken over by plugs for competitions & no chance of being or feeling involved.
No surprise either the Talk station went bang as I'd have certainly tuned in during the day if I was dabbed up in me van.
Pretty sure the sell out was part of a national sell out too where lots of smaller stations lost jobs etc & warned about future job losses too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2020, 08:38:58 am »
Kesey will know.  ;)

You should give BBC 6 music a try. It’s the only station I listen to anymore.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2020, 11:36:16 am »
You should give BBC 6 music a try. It’s the only station I listen to anymore.
Thanks for reminding me. 😊

A friend of mine only listens to that too, and when it's been on and I've been there it sounded good. Thing was, at home my stack System didn't have DAB, so I couldn't tune in myself. I've recently got a new CD player with lots of other functions, one being DAB Radio.

Cheers. 👍😁

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2020, 12:55:11 pm »
Thanks for reminding me. 😊

A friend of mine only listens to that too, and when it's been on and I've been there it sounded good. Thing was, at home my stack System didn't have DAB, so I couldn't tune in myself. I've recently got a new CD player with lots of other functions, one being DAB Radio.

Cheers. 👍😁
Another vote for 6 music here, I wouldn't listen to anything else either.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2020, 03:29:23 pm »
Another vote for 6 music here, I wouldn't listen to anything else either.

And another. My only music station. And LBC for talk.

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2020, 07:57:02 pm »
thank fuck ,only 6music worth listening to.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2020, 09:03:33 pm »
Nice one lads .

I think it ended up at our kids after Athens and never seen it since . It's his third anniversary tomorrow so he willbe buzzing off this .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2020, 09:10:00 pm »

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »
https://faymondo.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/dsc03309.jpg

Hopefully this works

Nice one.

Always remember it was the first thing we done when getting at the Square about nine in the morning. After meeting our mates an that and me arl fellas mates someone said right .. ( after seven hours on the ale )  time to go the match . Me Da goes go and get the flag lads . Me an our kid were like... where the fuck is it ? Me Da just shook his head and said something like... Pricks.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2020, 09:31:40 pm »
Nice one.

Always remember it was the first thing we done when getting at the Square about nine in the morning. After meeting our mates an that and me arl fellas mates someone said right .. ( after seven hours on the ale )  time to go the match . Me Da goes go and get the flag lads . Me an our kid were like... where the fuck is it ? Me Da just shook his head and said something like... Pricks.

;D

;D ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2020, 11:03:29 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 12:47:45 am »

Yep . That's our kid mate . I couldn't be arsed with the publicity of it all being honest as it's not my style as Iam too sensitive for stuff like that .

Me uncles done a Pete Price is Still a c*nt one for Kiev and it then went to Madrid but not my style to repeat once something has worked once. You'se know what Iam saying .

Ah .. three years ago today ? Tough day but the first one was sound as too busy getting me dough in for Kiev. Last years was hard but I put it down to our late goal against Newcastle away and then we had that mad Kompany goal , next day was when we twatted Barca and then... it's our kids anniversary again .  I never want to live through a week like that ever again as it was too fuckin crackers.

Nice one lads ♡

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 10:31:42 pm »
A new station called Liverpool Live 24/7 started up this week.  I don't have a DAB radio but may try listening on my phone or computer.  God some proper veterans on it, like Kev Seed, John Jessop and Pauline Daniels.

https://www.liverpoollive247.co.uk/
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:46 am »
I last listened when Tony Snell was still doing "The Noise"!
We are Liverpool!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23 on: August 5, 2020, 06:08:55 pm »
My fav Liverpool radio station is on the amazing Radio Garden site (it's google earth but for radio stations) - scouse house :D