Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 31785 times)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2020, 01:59:34 am »
My Son has caught it, he's been on furlough since March, went back to work last week caught covid from an apprentice...More than likely within the first hour, while travelling to site in works van.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #241 on: November 2, 2020, 03:56:43 pm »
My wife and I both tested positive a couple of weeks ago after an outbreak in her office. Basically one of their sales reps wife tested positive, but he visited the work office before knowing. In that same week my wife (who usually works from home and had also been on maternity leave for 6 months) went into the office for the first time since January - and BAM, just like that we both have Covid.

I honestly can't recall ever being unwell for more than a week in my life, but this was a rough ten days or so with new symptoms appearing almost daily. For me, those included:

• Headache
  • Cough
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of appetite
  • Sore throat
  • Fever

My wife had some additional symptoms that were different to mine as well, such as loss of taste/smell.

Finally feeling better now, just with a lingering cough and occasional fatigue.

My mother-in-law has now also tested positive, and father-in-law is showing symptoms...
« Last Edit: November 2, 2020, 04:01:39 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #242 on: November 2, 2020, 05:30:35 pm »
Good to hear you're on the mend mate, best wishes & speedy recoveries to all. 🙏
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:30 pm »

Hope you and yours are doing well, Grobbelrevell.

The missus and me tested positive on Saturday. She likely picked it up from her work (working from home 3 days, 2 days in the office). Her work have finally decided to do a 'deep clean' for the first time since they re-opened the offices back up - despite four others there testing positive of late.

The missus seems to be over the worst part and mainly feels tired. I'm struggling with the lethargy, lack of concentration, headaches, coughing and sore throat - yet I don't feel too bad otherwise. It reminds me a bit like having glandular fever when I was a teenager - so have been bloody lucky (though I don't quite feel like it right now).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:48 pm »
Something I'm wondering about say the Government rolls out the first vaccine released  loads of people get their 2nd shoot and it turns out it only gives you, let's say 3 months protection.

And say one of the later vaccines released gives you a year's protection would they start to roll that one out or would loads of tests need to be done first about what happens if you start to mix and match different vaccines?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2020, 12:20:41 pm »
Think me and the missus had it earlier in the year, but it was when testing was sparse. Load of us were in town not long before lockdown and almost everyone who went out ended up ill. Thankfully we were both over the worst in about 10 days or so, she had some longer lasting symptoms to do with her taste/smell but was back to normal after a couple of months... she could constantly smell cigarette smoke and couldn't taste a thing. My sister has similar symptoms still, she can't eat certain foods because they taste really off.

Symptoms I had:

• Fever, which eventually developed into being constantly extremely cold
  • Extreme Fatigue
  • Persistent Cough
  • Minor loss of taste/smell

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 9, 2021, 12:25:39 pm »
I tested positive on Monday. Been fatigued and wiped out, starting to get abit more energy today. I’ve completely lost my sense of smell and taste which is pretty grim. I’m praying it comes back but I know for some people it doesn’t come back quickly 😔

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2021, 09:50:40 am »
My cousin (same age as me) sadly passed away yesterday. Truly devastating.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:08 am »
My condolences mate. May you know no more sorrow.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:14 am »

Very sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2021, 01:09:36 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2021, 04:47:31 pm »
Sorry to hear that amir mate, that's terrible for you. Too young, RIP.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2021, 04:48:22 pm »
Condolences Amir, no one should go at that sort of age :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2021, 09:43:36 am »
Thanks guys. Just a horrible, horrible time right now.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2021, 09:35:39 am »
haven't been posting on here since being tested positive after my girl was tested positive - she's a key worker

had to send away for a postal test and administer it myself - scary as fuck - as I had symptoms but not any of the main 3 thankfully

anyway, mostly been in bed for the last 12 days with tiredness, aches, sore throat, lethargy and like a really bad cold but not developing into anything worse just constantly feeling like any day now i'm going to go full flu symptoms

so i've now completed my self-isolation period - NHS did get in touch and have been very good i have to admit - and me and my girl are slowly getting better but still no where near 100%

absolutely shitty scary terrible time - it's the not-knowing how the infection is going to affect you that's the biggest fear

one day you get out of bed and make a sandwich then look at it and want to throw up and end up going back to bed after eating nothing and feeling worse than when you just got up

even a glass of water can make you want to throw up

you have days when you think 'i'm getting over this' to a couple of hours later when you think 'i'm worse than ever before'

really wouldn't want to wish this shit on anyone - horrible horrible horrible

but we're getting there and i'm feeling up to posting back on here - yeh fuck you lot ha ha - but could've done without the shitty draw to utd yesterday just when i was feeling a little better!!!

go to stay positive - for want of a better word  ::)

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2021, 09:52:14 am »
so i've now completed my self-isolation period - NHS did get in touch and have been very good i have to admit - and me and my girl are slowly getting better but still no where near 100%

Sorry to hear that it knocked you out so much, but glad your through the worst of it.  Hope you continue to pick up through the weekend ahead.

---

I've posted bits in other threads, but hadn't spotted this one - it perhaps makes sense to pop my own experience in here.

I received an exposure notification on Tuesday 5th, instructing my to isolate for 5 days (must have been half way through, with the person I came into contact with having not received test results for a while).  Immediately ordered a home testing kit, which I received, took, & posted off on the Wednesday - received the positive test on the morning of Saturday 9th.

I traced symptoms back to Monday 4th - I'd initially written this off, as I just thought that sleeping pattern had been way out for a few weeks and that the early start (first day back working - from home) had knocked me out a bit, and I felt a bit better the following day.  In hindsight though, I recognise that this was the first day of roughly a week of cold symptoms.  Fortunately, I don't feel as though I suffered with it at all - the cold was very mild (and wouldn't have stopped me working/getting out/going for a run/etc during normal times), with the only additional thing being sore/heavy legs for 4/5 days.  I also lost my sense of smell at some point last Saturday, but this only lasted for about three days - sounds daft, but I'm not sure if I lost my sense of taste (some may say I never had it) or if my mind was playing tricks on me one way or another.

I believe I'm correct to have been free since Friday, and it's been nice to take a walk and do my own shopping again!  Went for a (very!) short run on Saturday, and felt this on my chest a little for an hour or two afterwards, but figure this was probably just the cold & the month-long lack of practice rather than any after-effects of the virus.

Overall, feeling very fortunate to have made it through seemingly without impact - felt almost bad for it, but I suppose I'm probably one of the vast majority in my experience of it.  I suppose my reflections on it would be that I must have picked it up in such an innocuous, unknowing, way - it just goes to show how easy it is to catch this virus.

Keep yourselves and your loved ones safe folks - it won't be like this all the time.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2021, 12:33:54 pm »
Sorry to hear that it knocked you out so much, but glad your through the worst of it.  Hope you continue to pick up through the weekend ahead.

---

I've posted bits in other threads, but hadn't spotted this one - it perhaps makes sense to pop my own experience in here.

I received an exposure notification on Tuesday 5th, instructing my to isolate for 5 days (must have been half way through, with the person I came into contact with having not received test results for a while).  Immediately ordered a home testing kit, which I received, took, & posted off on the Wednesday - received the positive test on the morning of Saturday 9th.

I traced symptoms back to Monday 4th - I'd initially written this off, as I just thought that sleeping pattern had been way out for a few weeks and that the early start (first day back working - from home) had knocked me out a bit, and I felt a bit better the following day.  In hindsight though, I recognise that this was the first day of roughly a week of cold symptoms.  Fortunately, I don't feel as though I suffered with it at all - the cold was very mild (and wouldn't have stopped me working/getting out/going for a run/etc during normal times), with the only additional thing being sore/heavy legs for 4/5 days.  I also lost my sense of smell at some point last Saturday, but this only lasted for about three days - sounds daft, but I'm not sure if I lost my sense of taste (some may say I never had it) or if my mind was playing tricks on me one way or another.

I believe I'm correct to have been free since Friday, and it's been nice to take a walk and do my own shopping again!  Went for a (very!) short run on Saturday, and felt this on my chest a little for an hour or two afterwards, but figure this was probably just the cold & the month-long lack of practice rather than any after-effects of the virus.

Overall, feeling very fortunate to have made it through seemingly without impact - felt almost bad for it, but I suppose I'm probably one of the vast majority in my experience of it.  I suppose my reflections on it would be that I must have picked it up in such an innocuous, unknowing, way - it just goes to show how easy it is to catch this virus.

Keep yourselves and your loved ones safe folks - it won't be like this all the time.

cheers for that mate

thing is a lot of people think you only have covid if you end up in hospital on a ventilator - no no no people can have it and show differing symptoms just like you and me

glad you got through it relatively unscathed - a lot of people do but they are still infectious and so can pass it on to others who might not be so lucky

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2021, 11:39:46 am »
Developing abit of a raspy sore throat with a little tickle leading to the need to cough a few times an hour.

Doesn't sound like COVID and having gone through the gov.uk site it says I am not eligible for a test but got that nagging doubt...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2021, 11:48:09 am »
Developing abit of a raspy sore throat with a little tickle leading to the need to cough a few times an hour.

Doesn't sound like COVID and having gone through the gov.uk site it says I am not eligible for a test but got that nagging doubt...

Just say you've got symptoms and get a test. If nothing else it'll put your mind at rest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2021, 11:49:00 am »

Exaggerate and say its a persistent cough, they'll then either let you book a test or send you a home test kit. If I was worried its what I'd do.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Thome1971

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2021, 03:21:43 pm »
Not had it myself, but saw one of my school sports teachers - a fit and healthy 48 year old ex rugby player on a ventilator on the news.

Hit home pretty hard and makes you think twice about who will be affected and to what extent.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 2, 2021, 10:15:08 am »

it could just be a cold but i don't want to worry you but that's how my symptoms started so deffo get checked

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2021, 07:44:21 am »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2021, 04:54:03 am »
Still banned from posting in the News and current affairs forum so will stick a post in here.

It's been a strange year+ for me, I have been totally on my own, not spoken to another person in the real world since last Feb and that was when I last saw the doctor. I've been totally isolated only go out once a month and that was just to get electric on my key.

Heard nothing about getting the vaccine got the letter a couple of months ago to say they would get in contact but no one ever did.

Tried to book on online but they kept saying my closest is Bath racecourse which is 20 miles away no way will I go there I have to use public transport

But next week I have to ring the doctor to see her had a phone  UC chat the other day about how I was and about getting back to work had a chat with her and she said she's knows I am not ready to go back to work and I need to sort my first vaccine out, but added if I don't see a doctor and get a sick note I will be sanctioned

At lease when I ring the doctor I can also ask about the vaccine
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2021, 12:57:49 pm »
Me Mrs has lost her sense of smell & taste and also feels like shit..I started feeling like shit a couple of days ago too.
Both of us are double vaccinated.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2021, 02:48:02 pm »
My Girlfriend's Brother was around us, maybe a metre or two away for about 10 minutes over the weekend, he's 14 so exposed to hundreds on a daily basis. Later that day he started to feel unwell and has tested positive, as has his Mum now but not his Dad.

We have felt perfectly fine but went for PCR tests last night, booked for 19:00 and didn't get tested until 20:15, stood outside round people actually likely had symptoms.

I've had an email this morning saying mine is negative, oddly still waiting for my Girlfriend's result. Hopefully she's negative too, she starts her new role (as an advanced Critical Care Practitioner working with covid patients) on Monday so doesn't want to delay that, we've also just moved house so can't really afford time off work, aside from the potential health implications.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2021, 02:48:59 pm »
Pretty confident I've caught it over the past week.
Was at Alton Towers a week last Friday. Leicester v Man City last Saturday. Centre Parcs in the Lake District last week. Liverpool v Palace on Saturday.
Got back home on Sunday and got a ping from the NHS app that i'd been in close contact on Saturday 12th (Leicester v Man City?). Me & my GF both did LFTs which both showed positive. Over the past 24 hours I've got a bit of a headache and in the past few hours I can no longer taste or smell anything! I did get a bit of a sore throat last Wednesday and a little cough on Friday (but not persistent) which is when I presume I become symptomatic but didn't think anything of it.
Had a PCR test this morning but I'm pretty confident of what the result is going to be.

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2021, 06:26:50 pm »
As life gets back to normal, I think I've caught it as well...
Went to the Milan and Palace games, and also been into Manchester a few times on the train, so surrounded by people a fair bit.

Had a positive LFT this morning, and now pending a PCR result tomorrow hopefully, but stuck at home again for the foreseeable it seems.
Currently feels a bit like an other virus I've had I'd say. Sore throat, lethargic, bit of a temperature. Can still currently taste things, but only developed symptoms this morning, so maybe it'll get worse, we'll see. Netflix will be getting a lot of viewing in the next few days I feel.
I've had both Pfizer jabs a while back.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2021, 07:07:58 pm »
Pretty confident I've caught it over the past week.
Was at Alton Towers a week last Friday. Leicester v Man City last Saturday. Centre Parcs in the Lake District last week. Liverpool v Palace on Saturday.
Got back home on Sunday and got a ping from the NHS app that i'd been in close contact on Saturday 12th (Leicester v Man City?). Me & my GF both did LFTs which both showed positive. Over the past 24 hours I've got a bit of a headache and in the past few hours I can no longer taste or smell anything! I did get a bit of a sore throat last Wednesday and a little cough on Friday (but not persistent) which is when I presume I become symptomatic but didn't think anything of it.
Had a PCR test this morning but I'm pretty confident of what the result is going to be.

As expected, test came back positive. Luckily allowed out again next Thursday, just in time for the City game ;D
Nothing bad happening to me at the moment minus the lack of taste / smell.

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2021, 07:16:36 pm »
As expected, test came back positive. Luckily allowed out again next Thursday, just in time for the City game ;D
Nothing bad happening to me at the moment minus the lack of taste / smell.
Glad you're feeling alright. Good excuse to be lazy with cooking if you can't taste anything, ;-)
Mine's more like a flu. Just lay on the sofa all day today watching films.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »
Eldest tested positive after us being convinced it was nothing worse than a cold. I've got a slightly stuffy nose and slight sore throat, I'm worried I'll return a positive test but hoping its nothing but a slight cold. Missus felt a slight bit the other day and youngest had a cough for a day but is right as rain.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:58:17 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2021, 07:20:19 pm »
Eldest tested positive after us being convinced it was nothing worse than a cold.
Same with my daughters bf, he feels fine except for a bit of a cold but was positive. He had it in January also - no vaccine.