Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455227 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2020, 08:33:57 am »
Just been confirmed by bbc news those two are now infected and will be taken off the ship and transfer to a hospital. 

Which means that they would have been contagious during the 14 day incubation period. Just as well they werent transferred off the ship with all the other Brits on there so they could infect all of those on the same plane the rabid Tory c*nts

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2020, 09:20:01 am »
Just been confirmed by bbc news those two are now infected and will be taken off the ship and transfer to a hospital.

Yeah I just saw that!  ;D As much as I despise tory little englanders I think quarantine is punishment enough, so hopefully they get better and rid of the virus quickly. An you never know, maybe with the services they are going to get from the amazing nurses and doctors they maybe inclined to next time vote for helping them.  ::)

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2020, 01:17:58 pm »
Poor bloke won't have Wi-Fi anymore! Just think of all the people who won't have to listen to his constant whinging plastered all over the news! Thank God  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2020, 02:02:35 pm »
How dare this foreign disease infect our Brave Brits?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2020, 04:33:20 pm »

Karmas a right bitch isn’t it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2020, 04:40:39 pm »

I love it ;D

Will he demand that they fly doctors and nurses out who speak his language?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2020, 04:51:23 pm »
I love it ;D

Will he demand that they fly doctors and nurses out who speak his language?

He probably demands that when he's in the UK.  Bloody foreigners, coming over here, saving our lives.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2020, 12:34:01 am »
Well the good news is that the stranded British passengers are finally getting to board a flight home. They'll be quaranteend in the Wirral for another 2 weeks.

Glad they are finally getting home (Regardless of what or who they voted for)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2020, 07:16:44 am »
Italy has now closed schools, public buildings, restaurants and coffee shops in 10 towns across northern Italy as infected numbers have risen to 19. 

Within the UK the NHS has announced it will now pilot tests at home, where NHS staff will come to carry out the testing on folk in their homes.  Said pilot will initially start in London.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2020, 09:51:08 am »
It’s spread to the Middle East. Cases in Israel, Iran, Lebanon, iraq etc

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2020, 10:28:15 am »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2020, 10:30:07 am »
Now I'm not saying we should worry right now, but PANIC!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/22/coronavirus-asymptomatic-wuhan-woman-shows-why-outbreak-will-be-hard-to-stop

On the other hand

Initially, the young woman tested negative for the virus, but a follow-up test was positive.

So maybe just a mistake?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2020, 10:32:00 am »
Is it time for me to buy up all the bottled water and tinned goods I can lay my hands on and brick up my doors and windows?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2020, 10:33:51 am »
On the other hand

Initially, the young woman tested negative for the virus, but a follow-up test was positive.

So maybe just a mistake?

Doubt it.

The Chinese will take the biggest hit(as of now) but they will also be ahead with robust testing measures and leading in how to control and hopefully contain. So whilst I'd like to think it could be a mistake, all options and outcomes must be considered, the above, being one.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2020, 10:34:46 am »
Is it time for me to buy up all the bottled water and tinned goods I can lay my hands on and brick up my doors and windows?

After your performances on here Craig, I thought you'd be doing that already?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2020, 10:35:31 am »
After your performances on here Craig, I thought you'd be doing that already?

No, I still venture out after dark currently.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2020, 10:36:25 am »
No, I still venture out after dark currently.

Start wearing a mask from now on then.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2020, 10:38:30 am »
Start wearing a mask from now on then.

Does my Pickford mask count? He doesn’t seem to be able to catch anything.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2020, 11:49:07 am »
Does my Pickford mask count? He doesn’t seem to be able to catch anything.

Lol, nice one!   :)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2020, 12:02:42 pm »
Northern Italy towns also suspended all public gatherings and sporting events for now apparently. 

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2020, 12:18:23 pm »
It’s spread to the Middle East. Cases in Israel, Iran, Lebanon, iraq etc

Believe the Israel case was on the Japanese Cruise. Case in Egypt and unsurprisingly cases in UAE too though

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2020, 12:25:31 pm »
Israel, today.......

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2020, 01:31:55 pm »
Already purchased the barb wire and land mines for the front of the house.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2020, 01:54:28 pm »
Believe the Israel case was on the Japanese Cruise. Case in Egypt and unsurprisingly cases in UAE too though

Seems to have been a bit of an explosion around the world in the past few days.

Can imagine the next few weeks being particularly bad.

Lock down the world.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2020, 03:35:01 pm »
Now I'm not saying we should worry right now, but PANIC!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/22/coronavirus-asymptomatic-wuhan-woman-shows-why-outbreak-will-be-hard-to-stop

If anything, this should comfort you in that if many people carry the virus without even getting sick, mortality upon contracting the virus is even lower than previously thought. If a poor region of China has kept mortality rates of open carriers at 2-3 %, then it's bound to be even lower in wealthy countries with a lot higher water quality etc.

WHO should be concerned about it reaching Africa though, because those countries' infrastructure and healthcare systems make China seem like Switzerland. Only Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt would be remotely prepared to deal with it. That being said, flu doesn't tend to spread well in warmer weather and that might just be why it hasn't taken off in SE Asia. Wuhan instead has winters largely similar to London.

Still, you'd have to consider that even in Wuhan's case, a small proportion of the population have contracted the virus. Then, there will always be people who stay at home and don't report their illness to anyone. That brings the mortality rate down even further.

In real terms: 0.15 % of Wuhan's population have been reporting to hospital for the illness, and overall 1 in 16,271 people dwelling in the city have died from it. That is actually really low when doing the math. So far there's 3 deaths from 151 cases in Europe + the anglosphere, which is a slightly lower gradient than in China (1.9 %). None of the three were healthy prior to contracting the virus. I suspect once the sample size is higher, this European/Anglosphere number will further decrease.

It's also worth nothing that the five richest East Asian countries (Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore) have had 6 deaths from 751 cases. That is merely 0.8 % of the infected. That's what I'd be looking at soon for Europe and the rest of the western world.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:12:27 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2020, 10:26:39 pm »
Probably been mentioned, but I don't get why supposedly professional News organisations keep repeating the bollocks about people being sent to Merseyside for quarantene.

They probably should go and buy a map.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2020, 12:10:29 am »
Probably been mentioned, but I don't get why supposedly professional News organisations keep repeating the bollocks about people being sent to Merseyside for quarantene.

They probably should go and buy a map.
You might want to consult the map you're using. Note that there is land at both sides of the Mersey. The Wirral is in Merseyside.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2020, 12:26:53 am »
You might want to consult the map you're using. Note that there is land at both sides of the Mersey. The Wirral is in Merseyside.

Pah. They wish. Tunnel rats! :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:33:04 am by Andy @ Allerton »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2020, 11:10:56 am »
Nah  Arrowe Park Hospital is definitely in Merseyside.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2020, 11:13:40 am »
Meant to be looking at going to Florence in mid-April to see my gf’s sister who lives there, but not too sure if to bother now...!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2020, 11:28:14 am »
Meant to be looking at going to Florence in mid-April to see my gf’s sister who lives there, but not too sure if to bother now...!
I imagine (or it could be) that coronavirus will be truly pandemic by then. So, it might not matter much where you are. Though, there is always an elevated risk when travelling (enclosed spaces with fellow travellers). But, in the end, perhaps most of us might end up being exposed sometime*, at somewhere.

* If the suggestion that there may be large numbers of asymptomatic carriers turns out to be correct. This might be be good news in the round.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2020, 12:49:26 pm »
It still bemuses me why everyone's losing their heads over this.

CDC stats for US regular flu cases last decade:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

2010-11: 37 k deaths in 10 mil medical visits.
2011-12: 12 k deaths in 4.3 mil visits.
2012-13: 43 k deaths in 16 mil visits.
2013-14: 38 k deaths in 13 mil visits.
2014-15: 51 k deaths in 14 mil visits.
2015-16: 23 k deaths in 11 mil visits.
2016-17: 38 k deaths in 14 mil visits.
2017-18: 61 k deaths in 21 mil visits.
2018-19: 34 k deaths in 16.5 mil visits.

By using the medical visits number this is the closest comparison one can have to the Corona virus. By looking at people hospitalized instead, standard mortality rate was like this:

2010-11: 12.8 %
2011-12: 8.6 %
2012-13: 7.5 %
2013-14: 10.9 %
2014-15: 8.6 %
2015-16: 8.2 %
2016-17: 7.6 %
2017-18: 7.5 %
2018-19: 7.0 %

Those numbers are rather higher, but only because regular flu is not considered something usually requiring hospitalization. Since precautions are currently taken, everyone is admitted to isolation or hospitalization, which skews numbers, but among people who actually need care, I struggle to see mortality rates as in grave cases being higher than these numbers.

In nine years, that means that 337 k US residents died because of regular flu and it affected a vastly higher proportion of the populace than this has done even in Hubei. Sure, mortality numbers per capita were lower, but based on this, people need to take a chill pill unless they are elder citizens or have serious underlying medical issues already. The worst year saw 1 in 500 Americans succumb to the flu. When breaking down the numbers over many millions of people suddenly it looks a lot scarier than it's been.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:55:49 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2020, 12:54:19 pm »

CDC stats for US regular flu cases last decade:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

2010-11: 37 k deaths in 10 mil medical visits.
2011-12: 12 k deaths in 4.3 mil visits.
2012-13: 43 k deaths in 16 mil visits.
2013-14: 38 k deaths in 13 mil visits.
2014-15: 51 k deaths in 14 mil visits.
2015-16: 23 k deaths in 11 mil visits.
2016-17: 38 k deaths in 14 mil visits.
2017-18: 61 k deaths in 21 mil visits.
2018-19: 34 k deaths in 16.5 mil visits.

In nine years, that means that 337 k US residents died because of regular flu and it affected a vastly higher proportion of the populace than this has done even in Hubei. Sure, mortality numbers per capita were lower, but based on this, people need to take a chill pill unless they are elder citizens or have serious underlying medical issues already. The worst year saw 1 in 500 Americans succumb to the flu. When breaking down the numbers over many millions of people suddenly it looks a lot scarier than it's been.

While I agree there's no cause for panic in the UK it seems pretty clear you don't understand infectious diseases much, if at all, based on that comparison. There's quite a lot more to it than numbers.

Also who's losing their heads?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2020, 12:56:44 pm »

The media, and thus the general populaces. All of the evidence points towards it being only slightly more harmful than regular flu, yet it's treated like everyone's going to die by many people.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:00:12 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2020, 12:59:21 pm »
While I agree there's no cause for panic in the UK it seems pretty clear you don't understand infectious diseases much, if at all, based on that comparison. There's quite a lot more to it than numbers.

That'll be the "Sleepy Hollow" mutation

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2020, 01:03:49 pm »
The media, and thus the general populaces. All of the evidence points towards it being only slightly more harmful than regular flu, yet it's treated like everyone's going to die by many people.

Bit hyperbolic, no? Where are the general populaces going crazy?

I don't think you're exceptional here, in not losing your head.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2020, 01:06:16 pm »

This could (hopefully not) become a global pandemic, so probably apt the media highlights the spread and how to protect self against infection.

South Korea has declared highest alert following recent influx of infections and some deaths, and now over 100 infected in Italy apparently.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2020, 01:08:26 pm »

Bizarre ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2020, 01:10:00 pm »
Bizarre ;D

Great to see you, long time no speak my friend :)

Since a good laugh is said to prolong life expectancy, I'm glad to help in times like these!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:26:22 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2020, 01:42:11 pm »

They've started cancelling top flight matches over there now
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?