Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 312854 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Space exploration thread
« Reply #2920 on: May 15, 2021, 05:19:56 am »
The Chinese rover Zhurong successfully landed on Mars:
https://www.dw.com/en/chinas-zhurong-mars-rover-lands-successfully/a-57538426

As much as I hate the Chinese political policies and influences in the world, I must admit that this is a great achievement for them. Yet, it's somehow difficult to enjoy their success, much like the the Abu Dhabi FC winning the PL... I belong to the generation that celebrated as kids the USSR's Venus missions success when others were failing, and I get to understand more about that now in my 50s, but success is a success. There are still a lot of data that only the Russians have... I'm conflicted...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2921 on: May 21, 2021, 09:50:44 pm »
Engines are being removed from SN15 at the moment. Imagine they'll put new ones in for flight number 2?

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: May 22, 2021, 03:15:46 am »
Engines are being removed from SN15 at the moment. Imagine they'll put new ones in for flight number 2?
What prompted that, do you know? Seems unusual. Though there was a leak somewhere after landing, maybe that was the cause?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2923 on: May 22, 2021, 07:27:17 am »
I'm guessing for a closer inspection and to test 3 new raptor engines?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2924 on: May 26, 2021, 03:28:59 pm »
SN15 being removed from the launch pad, doesn't look like it'll fly again :(

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2925 on: May 29, 2021, 10:02:37 am »
Looks like work is concentrated on the launch tower for now….

Will SN16 be the one to go for orbital flight?  I thought it was pencilled in to be SN20.  I don’t think there’s any chance they do that in July though….

Can't wait for my next starship launch….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2926 on: May 29, 2021, 10:20:19 am »
Elon did post a photo on Super Heavy and SN16 next to each other the other day so it could happen. It might make sense to see how SN16 deals with re-entry so they can make the necessary upgrades for SN20 as well. I just need another launch haha

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2927 on: May 30, 2021, 08:41:18 pm »
Scot Manley going into some details about the Mars drone.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uo5RwrcRCqg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uo5RwrcRCqg</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: June 2, 2021, 11:19:00 pm »
NASA Selects 2 Missions to Study ‘Lost Habitable’ World of Venus:
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasa-selects-2-missions-to-study-lost-habitable-world-of-venus

I'm screwed; the Cupid's Arrow mission now has little to no chance to get funded... But a very good day for Venusians otherwise.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2929 on: June 3, 2021, 06:39:02 pm »
So SpaceX have just launched a brand new Falcon 9 and usually you don't get to see the landing because the signal cuts out but it looks like they've solved that now! They keep improving things and keeping it interesting.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: June 3, 2021, 08:01:29 pm »
Super heavy test tank will be tested soon and has rolled out today.

Now that will be a bloody sight when it first flies
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: June 4, 2021, 02:30:01 am »
SpaceX’s 22nd Commercial Resupply Mission to Space Station Launches Water Bears, Squid, Solar Panels:
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/news/spacex-22-research-highlights

Baby squid nah-nah-nah-nah... (OK, it's not baby shark)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: June 14, 2021, 05:53:24 pm »
Was just googling images of Artemis 1, first SLS flight due in November.  Looks pretty awesome, but you do have to wonder about the delays considering the amount of so-called shuttle-derivative technology being employed.  This was supposed to be tried and trusted tech that should have been relatively easy to adapt. I guess it's just par for the course for a government project though!

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2933 on: June 15, 2021, 09:19:40 am »
I wasn't sure where to put this is there a thread on quantum physics?

Scientists shocked as particle transforms between matter and antimatter for the first time
http://a.msn.com/05/en-gb/AAL1SRk?ocid=st
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2934 on: June 16, 2021, 04:53:11 pm »
SN16 has been brought out of the high bay, wonder if its going for scrap or a hop?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2935 on: June 17, 2021, 01:30:18 pm »
SN16 appears to have gone to the scrap yard :(

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: June 17, 2021, 07:41:23 pm »
SN16 appears to have gone to the scrap yard :(
They are considering using it for a hypersonic test flight..

What ever that means
W

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2937 on: June 23, 2021, 04:46:43 am »
I love SpaceX but that SLS is a fucking beast... further stacking underway last night with the connection of the Launch Vehicle Stage Adapter.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:49:59 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: June 23, 2021, 09:10:40 pm »
I love SpaceX but that SLS is a fucking beast... further stacking underway last night with the connection of the Launch Vehicle Stage Adapter.

Thanks for that.  Room for a lunar module in that adapter I see. ;)

It is indeed a mighty rocket, and quite exciting for someone like me, who never got to see a Saturn V launch first hand. And remember, this is just the Block 1 of the SLS.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: June 27, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »
It's only a fan animation, and the author themself admits it's inaccurate in a number of details, but I guess it's a good way to visualise what's coming.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iFt_LsFRFEQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iFt_LsFRFEQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: June 27, 2021, 11:00:27 pm »
Ooh vacuum raptor….

SN20?
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: June 27, 2021, 11:01:17 pm »
Yes, it’s big.
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: July 1, 2021, 12:06:21 pm »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1410537991236243461?s=20
That’s not going to fly though.  It’s only going to the pad for testing.

I assume cryo testing?  But maybe they will attach a few engines and do a static fire?
W

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2944 on: July 10, 2021, 12:07:46 am »
Been watching a lot of youtube channels recently. Cool Worlds and History of the Universe have been my standouts. Outstanding knowledge and graphics, they make actual TV docs look small fry to be honest.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2945 on: July 11, 2021, 06:15:29 am »
I see Branson's Virgin Galatic onboard flight will take place at 2 pm UK time today and streamed live.

Here is the link for later.

https://youtu.be/RTpWYWIfP7Y
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2946 on: July 11, 2021, 07:54:42 am »
As I've said in other threads this all sounds very familiar to the plot of Ben Elton's novel Stark where the world's billionaires are building their exit strategy from a world who's environment they've helped destroy.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2947 on: July 11, 2021, 08:48:08 am »
As I've said in other threads this all sounds very familiar to the plot of Ben Elton's novel Stark where the world's billionaires are building their exit strategy from a world who's environment they've helped destroy.

You better give these lot a ring listed below; first, they are not even close to the top hundred polluters globally. Yes, they do contribute a carbon footprint, but it's a nat on an elephants arse compared to those listed below.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/10/100-fossil-fuel-companies-investors-responsible-71-global-emissions-cdp-study-climate-change

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: July 11, 2021, 10:40:46 am »
Wednesday marks six years since this happened. How time flies.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2949 on: July 11, 2021, 03:14:02 pm »
Just wading in to say that I’d far rather the money was spent on attempting to fix the planet they’ve already destroyed, but it’s too late for that anyway, so uh good luck and I sincerely hope nothing goes catastrophically wrong.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: July 11, 2021, 03:52:00 pm »
Coverage of this Virgin Galactic flight is atrocious
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2951 on: July 11, 2021, 04:33:48 pm »
Coverage of this Virgin Galactic flight is atrocious

Yep. Spacex and NASA really do have that corner sorted

Looks like they have lost all the footage of inside and outside the spacecraft and communication with the crew.

Does mean Branson has lost his 'one small step for man' moment.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: July 11, 2021, 05:49:31 pm »
Should've paid Elon for internet.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2953 on: July 11, 2021, 06:23:49 pm »
Just wading in to say that I’d far rather the money was spent on attempting to fix the planet they’ve already destroyed, but it’s too late for that anyway, so uh good luck and I sincerely hope nothing goes catastrophically wrong.

Yeah. You have millions of people around the world suffering due to the ill effects of climate change and now Covid while a billionaire gets to take a 2 minute joy ride into space and people are celebrating. The world is fucked.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: July 11, 2021, 06:27:02 pm »
Yeah. You have millions of people around the world suffering due to the ill effects of climate change and now Covid while a billionaire gets to take a 2 minute joy ride into space and people are celebrating. The world is fucked.

And hundreds of multi millionaires flying all over the shop to having daily kickabouts.

Doomed,doomed I tells ya.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2955 on: July 11, 2021, 06:39:27 pm »

And hundreds of multi millionaires flying all over the shop to having daily kickabouts.

Doomed,doomed I tells ya.

Glad to see you think the shit storm facing our planet is a joke. And that billionaires flying about in space is going to change anything for the better.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: July 11, 2021, 07:01:37 pm »
Glad to see you think the shit storm facing our planet is a joke. And that billionaires flying about in space is going to change anything for the better.

Read my mind now can you ?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2957 on: July 12, 2021, 12:04:27 am »
Would be great if you could leave us space geeks to enjoy the stuff that happens in this thread...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: July 12, 2021, 12:33:06 am »
Would be great if you could leave us space geeks to enjoy the stuff that happens in this thread...

You're nothing special,we're all space dust mate  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2959 on: July 12, 2021, 05:06:36 pm »

He'll have funded his vanity project with all the taxes the c*nt has dodged over the years.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"