Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2771062 times)

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61240 on: August 31, 2021, 04:24:26 pm »
The Jets need a veteran backup.  I'm only half-joking.

Wonder if Cam would be interested in a place in Washington if he thinks he can see the field (if Fitzpatrick doesn't do well) or if he's fine being a veteran on a young team.
King Kenny.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61241 on: August 31, 2021, 04:33:23 pm »
The Jets need a veteran backup.  I'm only half-joking.

Wonder if Cam would be interested in a place in Washington if he thinks he can see the field (if Fitzpatrick doesn't do well) or if he's fine being a veteran on a young team.

So do Dallas.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61242 on: August 31, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »
Probably

I could see that being the case. Another good point I've seen is that this prevents dressing room splits when Belichek starts Mac Jones from Week 1
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:37:32 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #61243 on: August 31, 2021, 06:20:11 pm »
FitzMagic traditionally runs either very hot or very cold, and with Rivera as HC, surely Washington would take a punt on Cam?
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61244 on: August 31, 2021, 06:23:29 pm »
quite a few jokes around (even before today) about a number of patriots fans preferring jones as QB for one reason.

but the same could probably be levelled at any fanbase.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61245 on: August 31, 2021, 06:40:56 pm »
FitzMagic traditionally runs either very hot or very cold, and with Rivera as HC, surely Washington would take a punt on Cam?

I'm not sure Rivera would want Cam at the moment, given Rivera's recent comments on unvaccinated players on his own team, & Cam hasn't been vaccinated yet.
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61246 on: August 31, 2021, 06:45:47 pm »

rivera didn't seem to make any effort to bring newton in last year when he could have done.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61247 on: August 31, 2021, 10:04:11 pm »
No they like their backup QBs

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61248 on: September 1, 2021, 03:48:07 pm »
Didn't see Cam getting cut!
« Last Edit: September 9, 2021, 09:32:12 pm by Daniel Cabbaggio »
YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61249 on: September 1, 2021, 07:12:29 pm »
Because of the recovery from Hurricane Ida, the week 1 Saints vs Packers, has been moved to Jacksonville, kickoff time unchanged & scheduled for 4.25pm EST, Saints are on the road weeks 2 & 3, next Saints home game is scheduled for week 4 against the Giants.
#Sausages

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61250 on: September 1, 2021, 08:22:23 pm »
Because of the recovery from Hurricane Ida, the week 1 Saints vs Packers, has been moved to Jacksonville, kickoff time unchanged & scheduled for 4.25pm EST, Saints are on the road weeks 2 & 3, next Saints home game is scheduled for week 4 against the Giants.
It's nice to see Jacksonville being awarded a professional game. Will be good for the fans of pro football in that part of Florida.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61251 on: September 1, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »
It's nice to see Jacksonville being awarded a professional game. Will be good for the fans of pro football in that part of Florida.

;D
#Sausages

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #61252 on: September 2, 2021, 07:01:32 pm »
Cowboys passing on Cam...
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61253 on: September 2, 2021, 07:02:55 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61254 on: September 2, 2021, 07:43:55 pm »
The entire Bucs organisation have reached 100% vaccination threshold.
#Sausages

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61255 on: September 6, 2021, 08:22:33 pm »
Bloody Martin!! Fully vaccinated, tested positive, has to go into protocols and will miss the Bucs game.☹

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #61256 on: September 9, 2021, 06:57:08 pm »
Ahead of the NFL season starting tonight here is my by now annual prediction!!  ;D

AFC North:-

Ravens - 14-3      
Browns - 13-4   
Steelers - 12-5
Bengals  - 4-13

AFC South:-

Titans - 13-4   
Colts - 9-8
Jaguars - 4-13   
Texans - 2-15

AFC East:-

Bills - 12-5
Pats - 11-6
Dolphins - 7-10
Jets - 4-13

AFC West:-

Chiefs - 15-2
Broncos - 9-8
Chargers - 9-8
Raiders - 3-14

Making the playoffs - Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Titans, Bills, Pats, Chiefs

NFC North:-

Packers - 13-4
Bears - 5-12
Lions - 4-13
Vikings - 3-14

NFC South:-

Bucs - 14-3
Saints - 10-7
Falcons - 8-9
Panthers - 5-12

NFC East:-

Cowboys - 8-9
Washington - 6-11
Giants 4-13
Eagles - 2-15

NFC West:-

Rams - 13-4
Seahawks - 13-4
49ers - 12-5
Cardinals - 11-6

Making the playoffs - Packers, Bucs, Cowboys, Rams, Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals.

Wild card round:-

AFC:-

Bills - Browns - Browns
Titans - Steelers - Titans
Ravens - Pats - Ravens (unfortunately but I think us Pats fans will settle for being a playoff team once again)

NFC:-

Seahawks - Cowboys - Seahawks
49ers - Rams - Rams
Cardinals - Packers - Packers

Divisional Round:-

AFC:-

Ravens - Titans - Titans
Chiefs - Browns - Chiefs

NFC:-

Packers - Rams - Rams
Bucs - Seahawks - Bucs

Conference Round:-

Chiefs - Titans - Titans
Bucs - Rams - Bucs

Super Bowl:-

Titans - Bucs - Titans

Yes my prediction is left field but I love the combo of Julio and AJ Brown as wide receivers with Henry as the running back. Tannehill is a reliable QB too. Plus with Vrabel they have an excellent coach so have a chance.

In reality you can't look past the Bucs or Chiefs again. Browns may have the best roster in football but I still question whether they have the mentality to succeed yet. Time will tell. Ravens will be hard to beat and will stand a very good chance to get to the super bowl.

Packers have the weakest division in football so they can thank their lucky stars. Yes I'd take Jags and Colts over Bears, Lions and Vikings. No comment on the Texans!!

Also it will be too early this year but don't sleep on the AFC West - Chiefs apart obviously - as I really think the Chargers and Broncos are a couple pieces away from being deep playoff contenders, let alone just playoff contenders. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the Broncos are a QB away from really pushing the hard to make a deep playoff run. So Chiefs won't have the West as easy as piss in the next 5 years imo.

Rams with Stafford will see a huge improvement and I think the Seahawks are capable of going all the way but I have them facing the Bucs early. But they can beat the Bucs.

As for my Patriots. I don't have massive expectations. I think we'll finish anywhere from 10-7 to 8-9. So probably 9-8. I think we'll be competing with the Dolphins, Broncos and Colts for the final playoff place. I don't think we'll get better than that and as such we'll face the No.1 seed in the Chiefs and lose. But I just want to see progression. I want to see how the returnees on defense come back, how the new tight end corp get on and above all how Mac Jones gets on. I'm delighted to have got him and from what my family tell me as they've watched him in person he is the real deal. So I want this first year to come back and be a playoff team. Then next year be a contender to reach the AFC conference game. We aren't that this year, which I accept and really am ok with. As we're starting out from such a bad place in terms of talent on the roster last couple of years.

Let's see how I get on this year!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61257 on: September 9, 2021, 07:02:56 pm »
today to me marks the end of summer, good luck to everyone's teams or at least most of them anyway.

bucs should piss the nfc barring brady's leg falling off or something.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61258 on: September 9, 2021, 09:16:20 pm »
seems like the ravens have lost their 3rd RB of the season before it's even started.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61259 on: September 9, 2021, 09:30:44 pm »
seems like the ravens have lost their 3rd RB of the season before it's even started.
And CB Marcus Peters also to an ACL. Do the Ravens have a wood chippy or elephant traps on their practice field or something?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61260 on: September 9, 2021, 09:40:50 pm »
They need the depth of RBs and these injury suck for them but Bal running scheme is very good replacement level RBs. Losing Peters hurt more imo

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61261 on: September 9, 2021, 09:41:34 pm »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61262 on: September 9, 2021, 10:02:56 pm »
Ahead of the NFL season starting tonight here is my by now annual prediction!!  ;D

Super Bowl:-

Titans - Bucs - Titans

Yes my prediction is left field but I love the combo of Julio and AJ Brown as wide receivers with Henry as the running back. Tannehill is a reliable QB too. Plus with Vrabel they have an excellent coach so have a chance.

With all due respect but at such big stage Brady's experience would make Tannehill look like a novice and it would show in the final score ;D

I think it'll be Packers vs Chiefs assuming both QB's stay fit and it's a toss-up for that Super Bowl with regards to who'd win it.
Linudden.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #61263 on: September 9, 2021, 11:00:31 pm »
Seahawks Chiefs superbowl, chiefs to win with their revamped OL helping Mahomes. Chris Jones defensive player of hte year (60/1)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61264 on: September 10, 2021, 11:09:42 am »
Cowboys should have won last night. No shame losing to Brady & the Bucs but you need to take your chances and score your points. Missing 2 chip shots is unforgivable. Brady needing to score 7 on the last drive is a completely different game than dinking passes to get into FG range.

Bucs D-line, Gronk, Brown all monsters. Pulling the game out despite 4 turnovers (or -3 of you offset the pick off Lamb) is still pretty amazing.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61265 on: September 10, 2021, 11:11:57 am »
good teams find ways to win.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61266 on: September 10, 2021, 12:46:17 pm »
think Bucs got lucky on that last drive, definite PI by the reciever to gain the first down prior to the kick
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61267 on: September 10, 2021, 12:58:41 pm »
think Bucs got lucky on that last drive, definite PI by the reciever to gain the first down prior to the kick

Meh, I'm not as salty about it as some of the other stuff but yes, it was PI. Had the CB & WR switched positions and the same thing happened, there's no question they would have thrown the flag, but sometimes this sort of stuff slides more easily when it's the WR doing it. Whatever, it's football. More annoyed about Dak not throwing the ball away before his sack, Lamb's drop, Diggs missing the INT on the last drive or play-calling the flat pass wide to Zeke when they were 3rd and 2 on the goal line.

Online Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61268 on: September 10, 2021, 04:16:02 pm »

The Cowboys got away with a lot of holding all night. And that face mask call.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61269 on: September 10, 2021, 10:37:14 pm »
Oh i don't really care for the Cowboys. Just thought that it was a definite PI

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61270 on: September 12, 2021, 12:22:28 pm »
it's not really nfl but it did take place in an nfl ground.

https://twitter.com/DannyWQAM/status/1436835559264202759

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61271 on: September 12, 2021, 07:42:28 pm »
Thought that wasn’t a touchdown for the greatest team ever, the eagles but I’ll take it.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61272 on: September 12, 2021, 07:45:45 pm »
arizona up against the titans in nashville.
2 ex jets have scored against the jets.
the lighting in atlanta still looks fucking awful.
as does the playing surface in indy.
the lions are still shit.
chase CAN catch after all.
fitz injured :(
the texans are supposed to be shit but the jags are showing they're still worse.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61273 on: September 12, 2021, 08:20:32 pm »
Redzone, i've missed you
YNWA

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61274 on: September 12, 2021, 08:26:03 pm »
Justin Sherbert just threw a pick driving for a go ahead TD
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61275 on: September 12, 2021, 08:28:15 pm »
Justin Sherbert just threw a pick driving for a go ahead TD

the chargers are chargering already.

and finally the jets have joined in with the scoring and everyone has points. they might have lost becton in the process though.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61276 on: September 12, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »
So it turns out the Texans aren't going 0-17 after all.....1-16 here we come!  8)
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61277 on: September 12, 2021, 08:30:49 pm »
So it turns out the Texans aren't going 0-17 after all.....1-16 here we come!  8)

texans "we're fucking shit"
jags "oh yeah?"

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61278 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:13 pm »
Bills looking very average against Steelers, and on way to Opening day loss

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61279 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:55 pm »
weird things do happen in week 1.