Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4151134 times)

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66480 on: May 9, 2021, 12:41:51 pm »
I just want him to live by the same standards he holds of others. How quiet the boxing community has been because the white fighter quit when his eye was a mess compared to how loud they were when the black fight quit because his eye was a mess has been stark. I've got no problem with him not continuing, just like I didn't with Dubois and defended him at the time, but he's a fucking hypocrite for doing what he did last night.

👏 agree with every single word.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66481 on: May 9, 2021, 12:45:31 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66482 on: May 9, 2021, 01:13:46 pm »
All boxers are hypocrites, its part of the deal to increase attention and sell tickets. When they say theyll never quit and will fight till the death, they probably dont actually mean it. Just part of the act.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66483 on: May 9, 2021, 01:24:56 pm »
I just want him to live by the same standards he holds of others. How quiet the boxing community has been because the white fighter quit when his eye was a mess compared to how loud they were when the black fight quit because his eye was a mess has been stark. I've got no problem with him not continuing, just like I didn't with Dubois and defended him at the time, but he's a fucking hypocrite for doing what he did last night.

I think its more tribal than that. Matchroom v Queensbury.

Tony Bellew who defo watched the fight has not said a word. Nor has Whyte, nor has Liam Smith. All stuck the boot in re Dubois

Hearn was very dismissive of Dubois but suddenly obtained a medical degree overnight to say that Saunders broke his orbital.

« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 01:31:09 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66484 on: May 9, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66485 on: May 9, 2021, 02:13:51 pm »
Canelo didn't even let me finish my Chicken Tikka  Madras before he stopped the fucker.  :D

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66486 on: May 9, 2021, 05:17:53 pm »
Canelo didn't even let me finish my Chicken Tikka  Madras before he stopped the fucker.  :D

Your poor guts.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66487 on: May 9, 2021, 05:37:10 pm »
All boxers are hypocrites, its part of the deal to increase attention and sell tickets. When they say theyll never quit and will fight till the death, they probably dont actually mean it. Just part of the act.
You would have to be an imbecile to mean it in fairness. There are some boxers who are utterly mental and will keep going until they are stretchered out. Lots of boxers do need saving from themselves but few will actually 'fight to the death' and nor should they!

Anyway, saying Dubois 'quit' is nonsense and saying Saunders 'quit' is equally nonsense. I personally don't expect boxers to fight on to the point where they fuck up their career and/or lives. They risk enough by stepping into the ring.

Canelo is a druggy twat but no one up to and probably including 175 is beating him. Bivol didn't look great the other week for example.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66488 on: May 9, 2021, 05:49:24 pm »
BJS wanted out as soon as that uppercut landed. He throws 1 jab which doesn't land in the remaining 100 seconds left in the round and spent the rest of the round fighting scared. I wouldn't be surprised if he considered corner pull out more warrior than taking a knee, unlucky for him that nobody is making that distinction. It was the right decision to pull out because Canelo would have done unspeakable things to him if that continued. When have you ever seen Canelo try to rile up the crowd like that? BJS pre fight antics annoyed him and he would have hurt him badly if it continued.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66489 on: May 9, 2021, 05:50:48 pm »

Canelo is a druggy twat but no one up to and probably including 175 is beating him. Bivol didn't look great the other week for example.

Why does Canelo get constantly billed as this when the likes of Whyte, Fury (both), Saunders don't? They have all failed tests

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66490 on: May 9, 2021, 06:13:43 pm »
To be fair mate, we do call out Fury on here. I certainly do.  :D

In my mind you're clean unless proven otherwise.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66491 on: May 9, 2021, 06:14:31 pm »
Your poor guts.
:D

At least the Naan Bread was eaten mate.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66492 on: May 9, 2021, 06:19:04 pm »
:D

At least the Naan Bread was eaten mate.

Naan literally means bread.  You just said you've eaten your bread bread

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66493 on: May 9, 2021, 06:22:13 pm »
 ;D

Well I did eat two Naan's to be fair.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66494 on: May 9, 2021, 06:55:16 pm »
BJS wanted out as soon as that uppercut landed. He throws 1 jab which doesn't land in the remaining 100 seconds left in the round and spent the rest of the round fighting scared. I wouldn't be surprised if he considered corner pull out more warrior than taking a knee, unlucky for him that nobody is making that distinction. It was the right decision to pull out because Canelo would have done unspeakable things to him if that continued. When have you ever seen Canelo try to rile up the crowd like that? BJS pre fight antics annoyed him and he would have hurt him badly if it continued.

I wish he had,BJS is a scummy arsehole of a man.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66495 on: May 9, 2021, 07:29:53 pm »

I wish he had,BJS is a scummy arsehole of a man.

This finish is better I reckon. You can live down a ko. This, not so much

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66496 on: May 9, 2021, 07:31:55 pm »
This finish is better I reckon. You can live down a ko. This, not so much

I meant hurt him badly,life changing shit.Not something I'd normally wish for but he's an exceptional c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66497 on: May 9, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »
;D

Well I did eat two Naan's to be fair.

Two Naans Samie? That’s insane!

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66498 on: May 9, 2021, 07:54:20 pm »
Two Naans Samie? That’s insane!

Wazza would be proud

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66499 on: May 9, 2021, 08:22:52 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1391434861760614400

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66500 on: May 9, 2021, 08:36:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1391434861760614400

Lets not act like Eubank Jnr would have got to round 8 in with Canelo in the first place ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66501 on: May 9, 2021, 08:40:11 pm »
Lets not act like Eubank Jnr would have got to round 8 in with Canelo in the first place ;D

No, but I do like them two hating on each other.

Please understand the BJS only got to round 8 because Canelo wanted him too. Canelo's team said Canelo wants to finish him in round 6,7 or 8. Canelo wanted to seriously damage BJS. He wasn't finishing the fight no matter what.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #66502 on: May 9, 2021, 09:09:21 pm »
No, but I do like them two hating on each other.

Please understand the BJS only got to round 8 because Canelo wanted him too. Canelo's team said Canelo wants to finish him in round 6,7 or 8. Canelo wanted to seriously damage BJS. He wasn't finishing the fight no matter what.

Haha. Canelo was trying to knock him out from round 1. Saunders did better than I expected, was actually outboxing Canelo at times.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66503 on: May 9, 2021, 09:19:24 pm »
Haha. Canelo was trying to knock him out from round 1. Saunders did better than I expected, was actually outboxing Canelo at times.

No he wasn't though.

Canelo always takes his time with fighters. Canelo was playing with him like a mouse.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66504 on: May 9, 2021, 09:22:53 pm »

At no point did I think Canelo was even in a slight bit of trouble mate.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66505 on: May 9, 2021, 09:57:40 pm »
At no point did I think Canelo was even in a slight bit of trouble mate.

Canelo never does predictions. He wanted BJS to suffer slowly.

At no point was Canelo troubled by BJS. No point.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66506 on: May 10, 2021, 09:25:21 am »
Why does Canelo get constantly billed as this when the likes of Whyte, Fury (both), Saunders don't? They have all failed tests
They are all drug cheats, and I personally have little time for them in combat sports especially.

If you mean in a general sense, I suppose it is because Canelo is the 'face' of boxing and no one gives a shit about Dillian Whyte  ;D It is odd that for Fury it gets brushed under the carpet a lot. Then again, I think it was for cocaine rather than clenbuterol which is performance-enhancing.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66507 on: May 10, 2021, 09:32:47 am »
They are all drug cheats, and I personally have little time for them in combat sports especially.

If you mean in a general sense, I suppose it is because Canelo is the 'face' of boxing and no one gives a shit about Dillian Whyte  ;D It is odd that for Fury it gets brushed under the carpet a lot. Then again, I think it was for cocaine rather than clenbuterol which is performance-enhancing.

Fair point. Fury was nandralone that he apparently got from eating wild uncastrated boar

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66508 on: May 10, 2021, 10:32:55 am »
I give them all plenty of stick to be fair.  Certainly Fury.  I think with Saunders there's so much to dislike about the man that his failed drugs test is only like the 12th worst thing about him.

I tend to forget about Whyte though if I'm honest.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66509 on: May 10, 2021, 10:50:24 am »
Nobody is as bad as Big Baby Millar how he has a licence is incredible he seems to fail a test every fight !

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66510 on: May 10, 2021, 10:53:40 am »
I give them all plenty of stick to be fair.  Certainly Fury.  I think with Saunders there's so much to dislike about the man that his failed drugs test is only like the 12th worst thing about him.

I tend to forget about Whyte though if I'm honest.
Billy's was a nasal spray I think that was a problem in the state he was fighting but isn't an issue anywhere else.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66511 on: May 10, 2021, 11:19:16 am »
Billy's was a nasal spray I think that was a problem in the state he was fighting but isn't an issue anywhere else.
Nasal spray, mexican beef, uncastrated boar meat, it's all the same to me ;D

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66512 on: May 10, 2021, 11:52:09 am »

I've seen enough pics and vids of his body transformation a couple of years ago to be sure he's doped, end of the day most of them are probably at it. Sad to say but it is what it is.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66513 on: May 10, 2021, 12:11:53 pm »
Come back when you're pissing green like Shannon Briggs lads.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #66514 on: May 10, 2021, 05:02:53 pm »

Is the right answer.

Boxers are trying to sell the show for buy rates & sell fight tickets. A lot of the stuff they say, they don’t mean.

If your playing Captain Hindsight. Billy Joe was 4 rounds down on 2 judges scorecards having had his worst round of the fight. With his vision impaired, what was he fighting on for. Mark Tibbs made the right call. Live to fight another day.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66515 on: May 10, 2021, 05:09:59 pm »
Canelo was just getting going though. I wanted to see him at his peak in the fight for one round ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66516 on: May 10, 2021, 05:15:39 pm »
Canelo was just getting going though. I wanted to see him at his peak in the fight for one round ;D
In his pre fight interview he called out exactly how the fight was going to go and then executed exactly what he set out. I think it is fair to say he was in control of the fight,

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66517 on: May 10, 2021, 05:19:48 pm »
In his pre fight interview he called out exactly how the fight was going to go and then executed exactly what he set out. I think it is fair to say he was in control of the fight,

I'm not saying he wasn't but he was building up to a glorious 9th round demolition and we didn't get to see it

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66518 on: May 10, 2021, 05:43:36 pm »
I'm not saying he wasn't but he was building up to a glorious 9th round demolition and we didn't get to see it
I get that. It's one of the issues with boxing. It was the right call but all boxing fans want to see a well-worked KO to end a fight.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66519 on: May 10, 2021, 05:53:51 pm »
I get that. It's one of the issues with boxing. It was the right call but all boxing fans want to see a well-worked KO to end a fight.

Nah I just wanted to see Canelo unleash hell on him. You've no idea the amount of hate I have towards BJS.