Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v 0 Southampton ‘30 Mane 91’ Thiago  (Read 15414 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PL: Liverpool 2 v 0 Southampton ‘30 Mane 91’ Thiago
« on: May 8, 2021, 07:22:21 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
I usually enjoy watching us play Southampton as they play decent football, have some tidy players and we usually win. I did not enjoy the away game this season! We gave away a poor early goal and never really bossed the game and fell to defeat.
It goes without saying that we need to find our finishing but Leicester losing with their tough finish to the season ahead means a win here makes thing interesting again.
I suspect we go 4231 with Nat Phillips being fit meaning Fabinho and Thiago match their midfield two and have more qualities. They are on a crest of a slump and missing key players in Ings, Taki , Bertrand and Romeu.
Set pieces are their obvious weapon and Phillips back should help with that.
3-1 win I reckon.
Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 10:03:13 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool v Southampton
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2021, 07:23:22 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2021, 07:24:16 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2021, 07:35:31 pm »
They’re all fucking injured…

Again…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2021, 07:38:52 pm »
They’re all fucking injured…

Again…

I'm not.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2021, 08:13:49 pm »
Players are out, YNWA mournfully plays to an empty stadium and we’re nearly ready for the off.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2021, 08:15:04 pm »
And we’re off with the reds attacking the ARE

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2021, 08:17:16 pm »
2 Lively start from both sides. Saints win a corner, cleared by Trent.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2021, 08:17:33 pm »
Players are out, YNWA mournfully plays to an empty stadium and we’re nearly ready for the off.
For the last time…(fingers crossed!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2021, 08:22:07 pm »
6 Lots of attacking intent from both sides but lacking in quality so far.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10 on: May 8, 2021, 08:23:55 pm »
8 Decent break from Jota but can’t slip Salah in on the edge of the box and Saints clear.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #11 on: May 8, 2021, 08:25:27 pm »
10 Good chance. Trent plays a superb deep cross into the box, falls to Sadio and he skies a very presentable opportunity.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 8, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »
Beautiful ball from Trent.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13 on: May 8, 2021, 08:31:17 pm »
15 More purposeful attacking from the Saints and they win another corner. Played in low, we clear and it’s another corner. Cleared by Ali’s punch.

Over to Tepid

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 8, 2021, 08:31:17 pm »
16 another corner to Southampton

A very odd game this so far, not really got going in some ways.

Alisson punches clear well.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 8, 2021, 08:32:06 pm »
17 Mane with a brilliant first touch to beat his man, but crosses too close to the keeper
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #16 on: May 8, 2021, 08:34:19 pm »
Has to cut that back.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 8, 2021, 08:34:46 pm »
19 Gini to Jota in the area, he feeds it wide, it comes to Salah at a narrow angle, his shot is saved.  The corner is cleared.

Then another corner to the reds.  Phillips heads wide of the post.  That’s the closest we’ve come to scoring from a start piece for about 3 months.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 8, 2021, 08:38:59 pm »
23 Williams brings a player down who was about to go clear… ref says play on.. which looked generous… they might have got the decision but for a theatrical dive.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19 on: May 8, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »
FFS, just score

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 8, 2021, 08:40:34 pm »
25 brilliant..  Mane drives into the area, backheels ot to Jota, he cuts inside and shoots at the Keeper.

The corner is cleared, comes to Mo who shoots at the keeper again.

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 8, 2021, 08:41:02 pm »
26 Corner to the reds.. Gini heads it onto the bar.l
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2021, 08:41:07 pm »
As usual opposition goal keeper having the game of his life.  ::)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2021, 08:41:28 pm »
FFS, just score
They don’t score when I’m commentating.  I think I’ve had one since January ;D
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2021, 08:42:34 pm »
They don’t score when I’m commentating.  I think I’ve had one since January ;D
:( I’ll turn off when you’re on comms in future.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 8, 2021, 08:43:09 pm »
28 Forster kicks it straight at Jota but all he can do is deflect it back to him…

At the other end, Redmond shoots into row Z
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2021, 08:45:22 pm »
How did that not end in a goal?  :o

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2021, 08:45:23 pm »
29 bloody hell.

Williams gets destroyed for pace.  The ball is crossed and Adams shot is saved by Alisson magnificently

WEVE FUCKING SCORED…

Crossed into the area by Mo and Mane nods home from 2 feet.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 08:47:00 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2021, 08:45:30 pm »
Tepid, you have a goal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2021, 08:46:15 pm »
What is more surprising Sadio scoring or Tepid actually commentating on it? Well in Sadio.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2021, 08:46:42 pm »
Over to Jill to ruin this beautiful moment ;D
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: May 8, 2021, 08:46:51 pm »
What is more surprising Sadio scoring or Tepid actually commentating on it? Well in Sadio.
It was actually 30m10 seconds so it was officially on your watch.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 8, 2021, 08:47:15 pm »
It had to be said before the goal Alisson made a crucial save after we got caught up field.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 8, 2021, 08:48:39 pm »
32 Southampton get a free kick on the half way line but we manage to nick the ball in midfield.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 v 0 Southampton ‘30 Mane
« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2021, 08:49:02 pm »
It had to be said before the goal Alisson made a crucial save after we got caught up field.
I’m not saying Williams is slow, but he’s developed a layer of moss since the start
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2021, 08:50:13 pm »
34 Southampton looking to break quickly once again and a shot goes in across our box but it goes wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2021, 08:51:14 pm »
35 A wonderful pass by Jota puts Salah in but hesitates and the chance goes, then Thiago puts in a nice shot but its blocked.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2021, 08:51:35 pm »
I’m not saying Williams is slow, but he’s developed a layer of moss since the start
One of the full backs is generally so deep, obviously concerned about the lack of pace in the middle.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 8, 2021, 08:53:17 pm »
37 Fab concedes a freekick, he won the ball but then the two players collide and the ref gives Soton a free kick, which comes to nothing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 8, 2021, 08:55:01 pm »
39 Southampton getting plenty of players forward looking for the equaliser and at the moment they are managing to nip in and get to the ball first.