Poll

There can only be one winner

deFacto
4 (26.7%)
Max Powers
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: April 7, 2021, 02:36:20 am

Author Topic: T.O. Elimination Match 2  (Read 1148 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
T.O. Elimination Match 2
« on: April 6, 2021, 02:36:20 am »
deFacto

Max Powers

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: T.O. Elimination Match 2
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2021, 12:09:02 pm »
Max how many wives do you have?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2021, 01:16:23 pm »
Max how many wives do you have?

I am fully single to be honest. I dont whose wives are voting for my team.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2021, 01:19:11 pm »
Good to see you back in the drafting world Maxwell.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2021, 02:33:31 pm »
Yeah I went for Max

Both good teams to be fair, but too many 'need to google as I have no idea who they are's in defactos team
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2021, 03:36:59 pm »
Went with DeFacto. Silooy at right back swung it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 6, 2021, 03:41:57 pm »
Went with DeFacto. Silooy at right back swung it.

Always felt that you were a true genius

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2021, 03:45:49 pm »
Always felt that you were a true genius

The only player I think you could have justifiably picked ahead of him was Kromkamp.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »
DeFacto more outstanding individuals, Max with a better overall XI potentially.

I do however, refuse to vote against O Fenomeno. Max also has good wingers and decent defenders.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2021, 03:47:30 pm »
The only player I think you could have justifiably picked ahead of him was Kromkamp.

It was a tough decision

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2021, 03:52:09 pm »
DeFacto more outstanding individuals, Max with a better overall XI potentially.

I do however, refuse to vote against O Fenomeno. Max also has good wingers and decent defenders.
Ah the nasty things Ronaldo would do to Hyypia

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2021, 04:29:16 pm »
It was a tough decision
We laugh but I actually almost went Kromkamp over Janmaat. That's what you get when you leave RB to your 11th pick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2021, 04:40:29 pm »
My man Max doing the business.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2021, 04:44:59 pm »
We laugh but I actually almost went Kromkamp over Janmaat. That's what you get when you leave RB to your 11th pick.

I reckon Mad Erik would have been picked up front if we had had an extra round.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2021, 04:52:20 pm »

I was pretty tempted to go cheesy near the end and just pick not very good Liverpool players like Kromkamp, Meijer or Westerveld
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2021, 04:55:00 pm »
Towards the end I was reduced to looking at a wiki list of all the players the Dutch have capped in the last 30 years - I did see Erik Meijer pop up with a solitary cap  ;D

Ronaldo at 18 was better than Mbappe at the same age.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2021, 04:56:49 pm »

Bar the few obvious ones, the Dutch don't produce quality fullbacks [they haven't in the last 20 years]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2021, 04:59:45 pm »
Towards the end I was reduced to looking at a wiki list of all the players the Dutch have capped in the last 30 years - I did see Erik Meijer pop up with a solitary cap  ;D

Ronaldo at 18 was better than Mbappe at the same age.

Ronaldo went to PSV at 17, and by the time he was 18, he scored 54 goals in 57 matches and got his move to Barca  ;D [then scored 47 in 49 matches for them] and I will never ever understand why Barca sold him [even though Inter paid good money at the time]

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2021, 05:00:40 pm »
Bar the few obvious ones, the Dutch don't produce quality fullbacks [they haven't in the last 20 years]
That's why I went Van Bronckhorst early, I could justifiably repurpose him as a left back rather than a midfielder if I couldn't get another decent one. Just a shame my other picks weren't as versatile.

There's a paucity of good defenders in general from the Dutch, relative to just how many amazing players they've produced for a country with a small-middling population.
Ronaldo went to PSV at 17, and by the time he was 18, he scored 54 goals in 57 matches and got his move to Barca  ;D [then scored 47 in 49 matches for them] and I will never ever understand why Barca sold him [even though Inter paid good money at the time]
Probably the only ever footballer I've seen where I couldn't get my head round how he played the game and one of the very few who could make quality defenders look absolutely shit. I suppose £30m at the time would be like today's £100m+ transfers?

I think I remember the issue was that a few individuals within the club who were meant to renegotiate his contract (trying to tie him down to an 8 year deal up to 2006 at the time) offered him some insane deal that the solicitors and financial directors then baulked at and tried to limit the terms and money on offer. Ronaldo's reps then said they wouldn't deal with Barca again. So it was a case of having to sell him at his release clause rather than lose him on a bosman a year or two later. Probably not that dissimilar, relatively, to what they did give Messi years later.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2021, 05:10:13 pm by Drinks Sangria »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2021, 05:14:31 pm »
That's why I went Van Bronckhorst early, I could justifiably repurpose him as a left back rather than a midfielder if I couldn't get another decent one. Just a shame my other picks weren't as versatile.

There's a paucity of good defenders in general from the Dutch, relative to just how many amazing players they've produced for a country with a small-middling population.Probably the only ever footballer I've seen where I couldn't get my head round how he played the game and one of the very few who could make quality defenders look absolutely shit. I suppose £30m at the time would be like today's £100m+ transfers?

I think I remember the issue was that a few individuals within the club who were meant to renegotiate his contract (trying to tie him down to an 8 year deal up to 2006 at the time) offered him some insane deal that the solicitors and financial directors then baulked at and tried to limit the terms and money on offer. Ronaldo's reps then said they wouldn't deal with Barca again. So it was a case of having to sell him at his release clause rather than lose him on a bosman a year or two later. Probably not that dissimilar, relatively, to what they did give Messi years later.

Yeah huge deal at the time. His dribbling ability and the speed he played at, was spectacular and when he went to Italy he made the best defenders in the history in the game look average. What a shame for both him and Inter, that he only really got 1 or 2 full seasons there and then spent 3 years with knee injuries. It's a miracle he came back when he did, and still performed at a high level for several years following that.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2021, 05:25:37 pm »
Yeah huge deal at the time. His dribbling ability and the speed he played at, was spectacular and when he went to Italy he made the best defenders in the history in the game look average. What a shame for both him and Inter, that he only really got 1 or 2 full seasons there and then spent 3 years with knee injuries. It's a miracle he came back when he did, and still performed at a high level for several years following that.
Yeah I watched a video of his hattrick at Old Trafford in 2002/3 (was it?) recently and you can tell he'd lost much of the pace, but was still legitimately a World Class forward despite being a shadow of his former self. I think that's a mark of just how good he was. Before his first bad injury at Inter, he was developing his game even further, starting to score free kicks, assist more, work on his build up play. He just was getting more well rounded and he was essentially unplayable.

I used to look at the transfer fees thrown around in Italy around that time and just think they were living on another planet. I didn't think I'd ever see Liverpool spend £75m on a player in my lifetime! 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2021, 05:30:32 pm »
Is that Sydney Jongbloed in goal Max?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2021, 05:38:33 pm »
Is that Sydney Jongbloed in goal Max?

:D

With Hyypia and Virgil in front, even Sydney should have no problem keeping a clean sheet.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2021, 06:21:35 pm »
Yeah I went for Max

Both good teams to be fair, but too many 'need to google as I have no idea who they are's in defactos team

It probably doesn't help him having a the Manure brothers in central midfield, a Blind CB, Poor at left back, and Schit on the wing.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
Easy one for me this.
Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 7, 2021, 01:21:20 am »
Congrats Max

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #26 on: April 7, 2021, 03:16:23 am »
Team  Van, in part voted for Max because his lot had a defender not at all fazed by any Phenomeno opponent.😆
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...