Author Topic: Champions League  (Read 115848 times)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Quarter Finals
« Reply #40 on: April 6, 2021, 06:17:16 pm »
Verratti is never fit.  :D
I know. Just Covid this time. Its a shame as he has been my favorite non Liverpool midfielder post Xavi.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #41 on: April 6, 2021, 07:02:37 pm »
Dortmund giving a full debut to BVB II winger Ansgar Knauff, who’s played about 40 minutes first team football. and leaving the likes of Reyna, Brandt and Hazard on the bench. That’s an ‘interesting' way to go about things!

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: April 6, 2021, 07:18:56 pm »
That Dortmund lineup except Haaland and Reus is mid table at best. Is Sancho injured?

City also leaving Sterling and Jesus on the bench and lining up with no recognized strikers. Pep does overthink in CL for no reason. Unfortunately the Dortmund midfield and defense won't be able to handle it and can see Foden, Mahrez, Silva and De Bruyne running it ragged.

Predicting a 3-1 win to City.
True North Strong

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43 on: April 6, 2021, 07:24:09 pm »
Haaland to put in an audition

2-1 Dorts

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #44 on: April 6, 2021, 08:20:42 pm »
Can is such a shitty footballer...
Meh...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #45 on: April 6, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
Graun feed:

33 min: Ederson dawdles on the ball just outside the his own penalty area and is dispossessed by Bellingham. With the Dortmund midfielder clear through on an empty goal, referee Ovidiu Hategan blows his whistle before he slots it into the back of the net.

He penalises and books Bellingham for a foul on Ederson and the fact he blew his whistle before the youngster fired home means his decision can’t be reviewed by VAR. That is an atrocious refereeing decision - Bellingham won the ball completely cleanly!!!

42 min: It boggles the mind that the referee didn’t just wait until Bellingham poked the ball into the empty net, before deciding with the help of his video assistant whether or not Bellingham had fouled Ederson in the build-up. That’s why we have VAR. His confidence that he was making the right decision was as arrogant as it was misguided.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 6, 2021, 09:02:32 pm »
Graun feed:

33 min: Ederson dawdles on the ball just outside the his own penalty area and is dispossessed by Bellingham. With the Dortmund midfielder clear through on an empty goal, referee Ovidiu Hategan blows his whistle before he slots it into the back of the net.

He penalises and books Bellingham for a foul on Ederson and the fact he blew his whistle before the youngster fired home means his decision can’t be reviewed by VAR. That is an atrocious refereeing decision - Bellingham won the ball completely cleanly!!!

42 min: It boggles the mind that the referee didn’t just wait until Bellingham poked the ball into the empty net, before deciding with the help of his video assistant whether or not Bellingham had fouled Ederson in the build-up. That’s why we have VAR. His confidence that he was making the right decision was as arrogant as it was misguided.

Just seen this. Genuinely one of the most outrageous decisions I’ve seen, at this level. Think the referee might be holidaying in Abu Dhabi this Summer.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #47 on: April 6, 2021, 09:08:02 pm »
So this potential super league would be away from UEFA?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ianrush

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: April 6, 2021, 09:20:23 pm »
If anyone wants to have a look

https://streamable.com/b2mrfi

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 6, 2021, 09:58:45 pm »

That is a fucking shambles of a decision.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: April 6, 2021, 10:01:06 pm »
Can only hope dortmund kick up a stink over that shocking decision. Clearly the official has guessed and got it wrong, or he's a corrupt c*nt. Its 1 of the 2.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 6, 2021, 10:04:53 pm »
Dortmund were robbed of a goal tonight

we got many questionable calls or non-calls...

when will the refs be questioned more? VAR is not used as it should be.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 6, 2021, 10:07:55 pm »
Decision isn’t the main issue, it’s the fact he didn’t just wait a split second until the ball was in the net. Incompetent at best.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #53 on: April 6, 2021, 10:10:43 pm »

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: 15 minute highlights - www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2021/04/06/real-madrid-vs-liverpool-highlights-full-match-2

Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: 15 minute highlights - www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2021/04/06/manchester-city-vs-borussia-dortmund-highlights-full-match-2

De Bruyne goal on 19' - https://streamable.com/guagdc

Ederson being 'fouled' according to the referee after losing the ball on 37' for Bellingham to score - https://streamable.com/b2mrfi

Reus goal on 84' - https://streamable.com/gpsi23

Foden goal on 90' - https://streamable.com/mwnd9z
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #54 on: April 6, 2021, 10:12:19 pm »

What the fuck is the point. That's beyond disgraceful.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 6, 2021, 10:12:56 pm »
Not a bad result for Dortmund. City will be shaking in the second leg

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 6, 2021, 10:17:37 pm »

Yikes, that's beauty by the ref.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 6, 2021, 10:18:44 pm »
So. That disallowed goal. Piss take.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #58 on: April 6, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »
Somebody stop city winning this, I don't even care who.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: April 6, 2021, 10:27:18 pm »

Wow. Just wow. I'd love to be able to put forward some possible explanation for that but just can't. What the actual fuck was the ref thinking?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #60 on: April 6, 2021, 11:33:11 pm »
Linesman filmed running down the tunnel looking for Haalands autograph after the match. Jokers most of these officials.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61 on: April 6, 2021, 11:36:33 pm »
That was just a reprehensible piece of officiating. They should take him off the elite list and send him to do the fucking Conference League next year. And get him to pay for his own travel too. Bellingham had every right to thump him.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 6, 2021, 11:45:30 pm »
There’s not really any point in actually playing the fucking game with decisions like that, is there?

I mean it would have been a horrendous decision before the advent of video refs, but with video refs that is just flat out disgraceful.  There is no excuse, or justification, to blow for that at that point, literally none.

The sport is seemingly hell bent taking the piss out of itself at the moment.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 7, 2021, 12:08:20 am »
There’s not really any point in actually playing the fucking game with decisions like that, is there?

I mean it would have been a horrendous decision before the advent of video refs, but with video refs that is just flat out disgraceful.  There is no excuse, or justification, to blow for that at that point, literally none.

It’s a shit show. I think there was always the excuse of ‘the ref only has one look’ and we could live with that to an extent, but now with VAR it just feels so incredibly unfair how decisions week in week out get given like this. The player is literally kicked by the goalkeeper, yet its chalked off. Half the time I’m sure the refs just go on how high the player screams. You’d think seeing so many dives per game they would become accustomed to the play acting. It takes a lot of love out of the game.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 7, 2021, 06:46:20 am »

The annoying thing is VAR can't do a thing about it, the ref has blown for a foul before Bellingham puts it in the net, just let it run you fucking twat and review it later.

That cheating c*nt Penandes brought this to England, scream like fuck and in a quiet stadium the refs think you've been twatted.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #65 on: April 7, 2021, 10:07:13 am »
It’s a shit show. I think there was always the excuse of ‘the ref only has one look’ and we could live with that to an extent, but now with VAR it just feels so incredibly unfair how decisions week in week out get given like this. The player is literally kicked by the goalkeeper, yet its chalked off. Half the time I’m sure the refs just go on how high the player screams. You’d think seeing so many dives per game they would become accustomed to the play acting. It takes a lot of love out of the game.

Ederson loves to play dead when he thinks he's in trouble as well. Absolute shithouse keeper.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66 on: April 7, 2021, 10:13:03 am »
Games genuinely gone if that’s allowed
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #67 on: April 7, 2021, 10:21:18 am »
Wow. Just wow. I'd love to be able to put forward some possible explanation for that but just can't. What the actual fuck was the ref thinking?

He was thinking

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #68 on: April 7, 2021, 10:45:14 am »
He was thinking

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #69 on: April 7, 2021, 03:17:05 pm »
This is why having both games on at the same time is stupid.  Sounds like ManC/Dortmund was actually entertaining?  Will never know.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: April 7, 2021, 04:47:03 pm »
Ederson and Man City got really lucky, that goal should have stood. It was actually a decent performance from Dortmund. If they play same level in Germany, should have a good chance to make it through.

Really looking forward to Bayern-PSG. Shame that Lewa is missing, but still unreal talent to watch (Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria, Sane, Gnabry, Kimmich). So many top players. Think it will be 2-1 to Bayern.
True North Strong

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 7, 2021, 05:10:50 pm »
This is why having both games on at the same time is stupid.  Sounds like ManC/Dortmund was actually entertaining?  Will never know.

You could always record the other game?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 7, 2021, 07:17:32 pm »
Bayern Munich: Neuer, Pavard, Süle, Alaba, Hernández, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sané, Müller, Coman, Choupo-Moting.

PSG: Navas, Dagba, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Diallo, Danilo, Gueye, Di María, Neymar, Draxler, Mbappé.

Porto: Marchesin, Manafa, Mbemba, Pepe, Zaidu, Grujic, Uribe, Otavio, Tecatito, Diaz, Marega.

Chelsea: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, James, Kovacic, Jorginho, Chilwell, Mount, Havertz, Werner.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 7, 2021, 07:55:06 pm »
so, Grujic starts for Porto...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #74 on: April 7, 2021, 07:57:04 pm »
Why is McManaman on every show on BT? They are playing in a snow storm in Munich. 😀
« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 08:01:16 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #75 on: April 7, 2021, 08:01:25 pm »
Chupo-Moting leading the line for Bayern in a CL quarter final  :o

He'll probably go on and score now

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 7, 2021, 08:04:24 pm »
Wow, one chance and he takes it.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2021, 08:04:53 pm »
Poor goalkeeping.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 7, 2021, 08:05:07 pm »
Goalie should have done better on second viewing.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #79 on: April 7, 2021, 08:06:13 pm »
All on Neuer that