Author Topic: Shrewsbury away. Ticket went red at turnstile. Then quizzed by Mr Yorke.....  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
 Did this happen to anyone else? His assistant told me it was an issue at Shrewsbury's end but clearly Liverpool asked Shrewsbury to mark tickets red. Asked for the lead purchaser's name which I gave, and then my name and phone number. Had no contact from Liverpool yet.

Apparently happened to a few others. This is now amounting to harrassment. Go inside the away end at fuckin Old Trafford and every London game and ask all the Chinese people where they got their tickets from and how much they paid instead of giving normal matchgoing fans a hard time and disrupting their day!

To blatantly lie to me and say it was an issue at Shrewsbury's end pissed me off too. Do they think I'm fuckin stupid. If it was a problem at Shrewsbury's end they would have sent me to their ticket office. Not Mike Yorke and co.

Been told by someone else in a WhatsApp group same thing happened to their mate and the account holder of that ticket has had a letter 🙄

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Did this happen to anyone else? His assistant told me it was an issue at Shrewsbury's end but clearly Liverpool asked Shrewsbury to mark tickets red. Asked for the lead purchaser's name which I gave, and then my name and phone number. Had no contact from Liverpool yet.

Apparently happened to a few others. This is now amounting to harrassment. Go inside the away end at fuckin Old Trafford and every London game and ask all the Chinese people where they got their tickets from and how much they paid instead of giving normal matchgoing fans a hard time and disrupting their day!

To blatantly lie to me and say it was an issue at Shrewsbury's end pissed me off too. Do they think I'm fuckin stupid. If it was a problem at Shrewsbury's end they would have sent me to their ticket office. Not Mike Yorke and co.

Been told by someone else in a WhatsApp group same thing happened to their mate and the account holder of that ticket has had a letter 🙄
Sounds like club are trying to crackdown on passing tickets for away games, sounds like a good idea and hope it continues

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like club are trying to crackdown on passing tickets for away games, sounds like a good idea and hope it continues
Yet on Euro aways people can still put any name on it?

This approach is nonsense. Instead of marking random tickets red they can start with spot the tourist and deal with the blatant touting as opposed to mates helping each other out

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

This approach is nonsense. Instead of marking random tickets red they can start with spot the tourist and deal with the blatant touting as opposed to mates helping each other out

I think that it started off as a UEFA process rather than a LFC process. UEFA require the details of who has the ticket.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan

I don’t agree with the euro away policy, I also don’t agree with racial profiling either.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
I think that it started off as a UEFA process rather than a LFC process. UEFA require the details of who has the ticket.
Fair enough, but Liverpool are still happily allowing people to allocate Euro aways on their account to friend/family.

They also know that people share home and away tickets amongst friends and family and have said at the moment this is not what they are looking at. So this basically amounts to harrassment when there is no evidence of wrongdoing.

Yet there are people walking in with season cards with the seat details printed on them asking the steward where the seat is 🤦‍♂️

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan

All for it - you will be fine if you've/your mate has done nothing wrong either for this game or previously. Selling over the odds etc.

I am sure and hope this approach will fuck off some of the poisonous touts we have going week in week out. They might make the odd mistake with an innocent person like you which will be sorted out but at least it shows they are doing something about it.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
I don’t agree with the euro away policy, I also don’t agree with racial profiling either.
Fair enough. And well the people who have flown in and paid silly money stand out like a sore thumb. It isn't racial profiling, it is investigating something that looks suspicious.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
All for it - you will be fine if you've/your mate has done nothing wrong either for this game or previously. Selling over the odds etc.

I am sure and hope this approach will fuck off some of the poisonous touts we have going week in week out. They might make the odd mistake with an innocent person like you which will be sorted out but at least it shows they are doing something about it.
If Liverpool said some tickets may be deactivated and spot checks undertaken to ensure the ticket is used by account holder or friends and family then fine. But randomly marking tickets red without notice and trying to insult people's intelligence by saying it was a Shrewsbury issue. Yea right.

To clarify, there is nothing to suggest the account holder whose ticket I used will receive a letter. I gave the information asked and that was that. Man United are clear and transparent about their processes so I don't why Liverpool can't be
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:37:24 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
Fair enough. And well the people who have flown in and paid silly money stand out like a sore thumb. It isn't racial profiling, it is investigating something that looks suspicious.
right and that should be stopped but it could be any person, obvious tourists or not. If you have nothing to hide then it shouldn’t be a problem   

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan

Any idea what letter said?

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
right and that should be stopped but it could be any person, obvious tourists or not. If you have nothing to hide then it shouldn’t be a problem   
Indeed. But instead of harassing people more likely to be innocent, surely you would start with the row of 10 Chinese people at Man United away etc, or the tourists walking in at a home game with a season card in the name of John Smith yet have a name that sounds nothing like John Smith and ask the stewards where their seat is!

If it is random checks to ensure the ticket holder at least knows the lead purchaser/original ticket holder and it is just an innocent pass on between friends and family then fine.

But I could easily point out loads of people who are far more likely to be on a touted ticket yet nothing is ever done or even checked there

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
You’re literally saying pick on the chinese people because they look like they might have a touted ticket. Yet ignore the “locals” and other non foreign people as they are just sharing tickets between mates. If you’ve nothing to hide I don’t see what the problem is.
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
Indeed. But instead of harassing people more likely to be innocent, surely you would start with the row of 10 Chinese people at Man United away etc, or the tourists walking in at a home game with a season card in the name of John Smith yet have a name that sounds nothing like John Smith and ask the stewards where their seat is!

If it is random checks to ensure the ticket holder at least knows the lead purchaser/original ticket holder and it is just an innocent pass on between friends and family then fine.

But I could easily point out loads of people who are far more likely to be on a touted ticket yet nothing is ever done or even checked there
Pointing out people who are “far more likely” to have a toured ticket is literally racial profiling. The chances are yes they might have a touted ticket but so could a British person too. I see people doing the stuff you describe inside anfield all the time too and I agree stewards don’t seem to do much about it either. Passing on between friends for away games is an issue for me though. Not so much at home I just don’t believe someone should be getting an away credit for not going

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
You’re literally saying pick on the chinese people because they look like they might have a touted ticket. Yet ignore the “locals” and other non foreign people as they are just sharing tickets between mates. If you’ve nothing to hide I don’t see what the problem is.
There is nothing to hide, it was passed to me at face value. I know the lead purchaser and the ticket holder.

The point I am making is it inconvenienced me, disrupted my day, meant I didn't have time for a pre kick off pint in the ground. I was also lied to. Liverpool asked for those tickets to be marked red. Shrewsbury did not do that themselves!

The point also stands. If the investigating team went inside an away end they could clean out loads of touts in one game as people who haven't got a clue stand out very easily. Not just Chinese, but any tourists.

I don't see why my comments are causing such a stir. I know plenty of good lads from various countries around the World and of different races and ethnicities who are good regular matchgoing reds. However I stand by my point, if you want to clean out more touts you can easily play spot the tourist

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
There is nothing to hide, it was passed to me at face value. I know the lead purchaser and the ticket holder.

The point I am making is it inconvenienced me, disrupted my day, meant I didn't have time for a pre kick off pint in the ground. I was also lied to. Liverpool asked for those tickets to be marked red. Shrewsbury did not do that themselves!

The point also stands. If the investigating team went inside an away end they could clean out loads of touts in one game as people who haven't got a clue stand out very easily. Not just Chinese, but any tourists.

I don't see why my comments are causing such a stir. I know plenty of good lads from various countries around the World and of different races and ethnicities who are good regular matchgoing reds. However I stand by my point, if you want to clean out more touts you can easily play spot the tourist
My point is that people who aren’t obvious tourists also get touted tickets not just “Chinese people.” I agree the club should be much more transparent on the issue and how they plan to deal with it, which allows people to plan for more time at the gate

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
Not the first time this, dodgy you, Tony :D

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan

If they marked it red then looks like they were right to mark it red as it wasnt your ticket in your name

Passing on tickets between mates and cliques is the reason why the away ladder is closed to the rest of us

You still got to see the game. Take your medicine, you used someone else’s card

And think your self lucky you can go to away games because you wouldnt if it was policed properly

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
If they marked it red then looks like they were right to mark it red as it wasnt your ticket in your name

Passing on tickets between mates and cliques is the reason why the away ladder is closed to the rest of us

You still got to see the game. Take your medicine, you used someone else’s card

And think your self lucky you can go to away games because you wouldnt if it was policed properly
What a load of self righteous bollocks.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
true though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan

No, I have no problem with people getting tickets from mates, I do have a problem with people getting tickets from mates and then having a full on rant because they werent able to have a pint because the club rightly flagged the ticket up

I get it’s inconvenient, but talk of harassment etc is a bit much when you know you’ve gone on someone else’s tickets
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:03:12 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
How would they know it was passed on?

I mean, I log into my account and buy my cup away tickets by selecting a different name so it gets delivered to me, so I dunno why mine didn't go red?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
How would they know it was passed on?

I mean, I log into my account and buy my cup away tickets by selecting a different name so it gets delivered to me, so I dunno why mine didn't go red?

They didnt, it was random

But the guy has had his card clocked before, I remember the last thread, so that’s probably why he feels ‘harrassed’

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
They didnt, it was random

But the guy has had his card clocked before, I remember the last thread, so that’s probably why he feels ‘harrassed’
This was not my card. So no link to previous case

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan

Yeah but you talked about feeling harassed so I assumed you were talking about what had happened previously, coupled with this

If it was your own ticket at Shrewsbury that they hauled you in for I could get your anger, but it wasnt so I just think you need to accept that the club are trying to clamp down on this stuff, yes you’re innocent, but there’s going to be some innocent people to get through to catch the real touts

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So to combat your harassment you'd like to suggest racial profiling of Chinese people?

OK.
YNWA.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You literally asked for Chinese people to be targeted. And by Chinese I imagine you're loosely referring to any Asian people. Saying you know a few people from other countries of a range of ethnicities does not cleanse you of what is racism. Plenty of said "Chinese" people are sorted by corporates or hospo.

This suggestion of targeting ANY race for "possibly" buying touted tickets is a dangerous one. There are plenty of regular non-white people that go to the game. Perhaps just target the lads with handfuls of tickets and cards in pubs instead.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:01:08 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
So to combat your harassment you'd like to suggest racial profiling of Chinese people?

OK.
Fuck me get off your high horse. It was a fuckin example. Stuff loads of other people have said before

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
You literally asked for Chinese people to be targeted. And by Chinese I imagine you're loosely referring to any Asian people. Saying you know a few people from other countries of a range of ethnicities does not cleanse you of what is racism. Plenty of said "Chinese" people are sorted by corporates or hospo.

This suggestion of targeting ANY race for "possibly" buying touted tickets is a dangerous one. There are plenty of regular non-white people that go to the game. Perhaps just target the lads with handfuls of tickets and cards in pubs instead.
Racism my arse. Get a fuckin grip

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
So how is it harassment?

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
If you’re going in on someone else’s ticket you are always taking a risk . People may do all the aways on other people’s card but must know that at any point this could just end and they are at square one , it’s one of those things.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
My gripes here are:

Lack of transparency, and being lied to.

If the ticket went red and I was then spoken to and it went like this:

'Hello there. We are just doing some random checks on tickets, could you please answer a couple of questions for us. Can you tell me the name of the lead purchaser of the transaction in which this ticket was bought? Also can you please tell me the name of whose account this specific ticket belongs to?'

'Sure no problem. Lead purchaser name is xxxxxx who is my brother/friend/whoever. The ticket was assigned to yyyyyyy who is friend/family/colleague etc'

'Ok and how much did you pay for the ticket'?

'I paid £20 which is the face value of the ticket'.

'One last thing, can I take your contact details'?

'No problem. My phone number is xxxxxxxxx and my name is yyyyyyyy'.

'Thanks for your co-operation enjoy the game'.

But I was spoken to rudely and in a confrontational manner and there was an attitude of 'you've done something wrong' from the start and even a threat of not letting me in the game for no valid reason. I don't expect to be treated the way I was when I an trying to enjoy a day out watching the reds.

Why tell me it was an issue at Shrewsbury's end as well? It was clearly Liverpool, don't tell lies! Tell supporters what is going on as well, explain there will be random spot checks at aways. Then people won't resent it so much. They have already said no one is getting sanctioned for innocently passing tickets on. Only when the entire fan update process is completed would it be possible to tackle credit hunting and say only the purchaser/card holder can use the ticket
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:07:04 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
And those are fair and justified gripes to have but racially profiling people is not something to be advocated and not something the club should engage themselves in

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
This is the same bollocks that led to a friend of mine who is South Korean getting racially abused in Madrid. He is a regular match goer and earned those credits the same as anyone but Liverpool fans racially abused one of their own because he looked "wrong".

Can fuck off anyone who is saying that it isn't racism to say to target the "line of 10 Chinese people". People of all backgrounds and races get tickets from touts or off mates which, as rightly noted above, closes off access to away tickets for others.

I would be interested to see the proof that it was Liverpool, not Shrewsbury, who instigated the checks.

I do understand your frustration with getting checked as it has disrupted your day and affected your enjoyment of it, but a bit of care over how you phrase things would be advised as it reads as something quite racist.

I am not conflating the two in terms of severity, but the attitude of targeting people who "look like they shouldn't be there" (not quoting you, just making clear these are not my words) is the same reason why stop and search targets BAME people. Targeting anyone based on race or an arbitrary determination of them being more likely to be "guilty" is a serious problem in our society and is wrong. No other way about it.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Racism my arse. Get a fuckin grip

You are absolutely unhinged and unable to appreciate the racism you have written here, as a white male.

It's fine lad. Defend it all you want but you have shown your ass in the post. Saying it's "just an example" is not excusing it either.

YOU are the one claiming harassment then calling for profiling based on a race. Your ticket got red flagged, boo hoo. You had a minor inconvenience and now you're calling for an entire community to be profiled? The sense of entitlement is disgusting and incredibly Tory.

I'm not having a white man trying to tell me what is or isn't racist, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:24:19 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You are absolutely unhinged and unable to appreciate the racism you have written here, as a white male.

It's fine lad. Defend it all you want but you have shown your ass in the post. Saying it's "just an example" is not excusing it either.

YOU are the one claiming harassment then calling for profiling based on a race. Your ticket got red flagged, boo hoo. You had a minor inconvenience and now you're calling for an entire community to be profiled? The sense of entitlement is disgusting and incredibly Tory.

I'm not having a white man trying to tell me what is or isn't racist, thank you very much.

How do you know Tiger Tony is a white man ? bit prejudice there mate
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
How do you know Tiger Tony is a white man ? bit prejudice there mate

Because he is white?

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

OK.

Please, if you see 10 chinese/african -or 10 norwegian blondes in the same row at an away game its obvious touting
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Because he is white?

Based on what ? could be purple aki's cousin as far as i know

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
Based on what ? could be purple aki's cousin as far as i know

Because I've seen a picture of him on here before and his user cp says he's ginger?

Great user name though.