Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 877856 times)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #920 on: June 11, 2021, 11:24:11 pm »
Does anyone on here with more knowledge about architecture than me (which is probably everyone) think that once the anfield road end is done, see any further ways to expand anfield. Is there anything within reason that can be done to the kop or kenny dalglish stand to increase capacity or will we have reached the limit to what can reasonably be done.

Something like Spurs have done on there new stadium on the single tier.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:34:22 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #921 on: June 11, 2021, 11:49:56 pm »
It's not a single tier!! There's a mezzanine between two portions that clearly splits it into a top and bottom.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #922 on: June 12, 2021, 12:26:02 am »
Does anyone on here with more knowledge about architecture than me (which is probably everyone) think that once the anfield road end is done, see any further ways to expand anfield. Is there anything within reason that can be done to the kop or kenny dalglish stand to increase capacity or will we have reached the limit to what can reasonably be done.

Something like Spurs have done on there new stadium on the single tier.
Unless you start knocking houses down or redirecting Walton Breck Road, then I’d say the Anfield Road expansion is our limit unfortunately.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #923 on: June 12, 2021, 01:07:11 am »
Unless you start knocking houses down or redirecting Walton Breck Road, then I’d say the Anfield Road expansion is our limit unfortunately.

Both of which we have done/are doing for the Anny Rd, so that's not necessarily a limiting factor :)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #924 on: June 12, 2021, 01:22:42 am »

A shame but we would be about 16,000 tickets up from 45,000. Which is a near enough 33% expansion or thereabouts. Tickets should be easier after the Anfield Road development, especially for general sales.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: June 12, 2021, 07:38:12 am »
Both of which we have done/are doing for the Anny Rd, so that's not necessarily a limiting factor :)

The anny has a park and no housing behind it. The breck has housing and is an A road so not that straight forward. Been talked about loads in here if you go back. Also if the kop was redone from scratch there would be less seats than currently in the same amount of space so it's a no go for most options from the off
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:40:18 am by macca007 »

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #926 on: June 12, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
The anny has a park and no housing behind it. The breck has housing and is an A road so not that straight forward. Been talked about loads in here if you go back. Also if the kop was redone from scratch there would be less seats than currently in the same amount of space so it's a no go for most options from the off

Sure, I didn't say it would be straightforward, I was just saying that we aren't yet at the limit of what is possible.

In terms of the Kop capacity, I'm hoping it will one day be safe standing, and increased accordingly.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #927 on: June 12, 2021, 02:02:15 pm »
Most of the houses behind the Kenny Dalglish Stand are lived in as far as I’m aware. The houses behind the Main Stand which were removed prior to it’s extension weren’t and the houses that were on Anfield Road at one time were owned by the club.

Would be wonderful to replicate what we’ve done with the Main Stand and what we plan to do with the Anfield Road on one or both of the remaining stands, but I’d be amazed if it ever happens.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: June 12, 2021, 02:06:13 pm »

Yeah, but we could fill in the corners... ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #929 on: June 13, 2021, 06:08:28 am »
Sure, I didn't say it would be straightforward, I was just saying that we aren't yet at the limit of what is possible.

In terms of the Kop capacity, I'm hoping it will one day be safe standing, and increased accordingly.

this
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #930 on: June 13, 2021, 10:35:11 am »
Most of the houses behind the Kenny Dalglish Stand are lived in as far as I’m aware. The houses behind the Main Stand which were removed prior to it’s extension weren’t and the houses that were on Anfield Road at one time were owned by the club.

Would be wonderful to replicate what we’ve done with the Main Stand and what we plan to do with the Anfield Road on one or both of the remaining stands, but I’d be amazed if it ever happens.

Kenny Dalglish/Centenary/Kemlyn was an earlier version of the Main Stand.

Under construction:

The old Kemlyn Road stand is the lower tier of the Centenary/Kenny stand with a new upper tier built behind with new roof and new facilities.

As it is now:

You could possibly demolish the upper tier and start again but you would struggle to get the same capacity. You certainly couldn't add another new tier with more than a few thousand seats at exorbitant cost.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #931 on: June 13, 2021, 12:33:38 pm »
We still had to demolish a row of houses behind the Kemlyn at the time of building the upper tier though, didn’t we? Seem to remember an elderly couple holding up the development due their refusal to sell up to the club and move out?

Would’ve thought if we were to demolish the upper tier and start again while replicating anything like the new Main Stand, we’d still need to build further back and that would mean demolishing a new row of houses given the restrictions space wise, wouldn’t it?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #932 on: June 13, 2021, 12:39:58 pm »
Would’ve thought if we were to demolish the upper tier and start again while replicating anything like the new Main Stand, we’d still need to build further back and that would mean demolishing a new row of houses given the restrictions space wise, wouldn’t it?

Ironically the club used to own them too, and sold them for £1 each to a developer so they could be refurbed and brought back into usable housing.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #933 on: June 13, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

Under construction:

The old Kemlyn Road stand is the lower tier of the Centenary/Kenny stand with a new upper tier built behind with new roof and new facilities.

As it is now:

You could possibly demolish the upper tier and start again but you would struggle to get the same capacity. You certainly couldn't add another new tier with more than a few thousand seats at exorbitant cost.

Used to have a season ticket there (well my dad did) at that time right where all the empty seats are!. Would have been the91/92 season when the double decker was being added I think?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: June 13, 2021, 08:30:38 pm »

Under construction:

As it is now:

What about in the corner where the kenny dalglish upper tier meets the kop, if you lost the police camera Room and relocated it could the upper tier be extended?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: June 13, 2021, 08:45:21 pm »
Ironically the club used to own them too, and sold them for £1 each to a developer so they could be refurbed and brought back into usable housing.
David Moores and Rick Parry.

Dumb and Dumber.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #936 on: June 13, 2021, 08:46:27 pm »
What about in the corner where the kenny dalglish upper tier meets the kop, if you lost the police camera Room and relocated it could the upper tier be extended?

There's a supporting truss inside there holding up the roof so you'd have to cantilever the roof (like dortmund did) so you could free up those spaces.
Don't know how cost effective that would be - Alan will know.
Presumably they could cantilever SKD and Kop and fill in then corner between.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #937 on: June 13, 2021, 08:54:12 pm »
There's a supporting truss inside there holding up the roof so you'd have to cantilever the roof (like dortmund did) so you could free up those spaces.

For the amount of seats they'd be putting in, which must be about 1-2k, it probably isn't worth it

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: June 13, 2021, 08:55:49 pm »

It’s always seemed to me like wasted space, but as you say how cost effective is it to add a couple thousand seats.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: June 13, 2021, 08:57:12 pm »
For the amount of seats they'd be putting in, which must be about 1-2k, it probably isn't worth it

Just trying to think of ways of edging in more fans as you say it would probably add a couple of thousand but how expensive would it be for so few.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #940 on: June 13, 2021, 08:58:00 pm »

Well this is the point isn't it that puts all the 'what next' questions into place. Basically nothing really will be done until Skerries, Wylvia and possibly Arkles are bought by the club. Could take decades. Certainly not on FSG's watch. They said they would take it to 60k and I think that's where'll they'll happily stay. As long as they are preparing for the future by doing that. To be honest, I don't think we'll ever have a ground bigger than 60k on this site imo.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:00:37 pm by meady1981 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: June 13, 2021, 08:59:17 pm »
We still had to demolish a row of houses behind the Kemlyn at the time of building the upper tier though, didn’t we? Seem to remember an elderly couple holding up the development due their refusal to sell up to the club and move out?

Yes, it was Kemlyn Road, the back yards of the houses almost butted up against the Kemlyn, it was sisters who lived in the last house left. This is it getting built in 1963

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:01:12 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #942 on: June 13, 2021, 09:08:01 pm »
You can see how close the houses were top image and you can just make out the Mason sisters house left standing on its own on the bottom one (1989)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:29 pm »

But every time you can squeeze in a couple of thousand more fans the noisier and more intimidating anfield becomes, money well spent.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: June 13, 2021, 09:44:21 pm »
Was it ever disclosed how much we spent in total on the new stadium plans that was ultimately wasted?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #945 on: June 13, 2021, 09:45:43 pm »
Was it ever disclosed how much we spent in total on the new stadium plans that was ultimately wasted?
£50m was written down
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #946 on: June 13, 2021, 10:05:02 pm »
Well this is the point isn't it that puts all the 'what next' questions into place. Basically nothing really will be done until Skerries, Wylvia and possibly Arkles are bought by the club. Could take decades. Certainly not on FSG's watch. They said they would take it to 60k and I think that's where'll they'll happily stay. As long as they are preparing for the future by doing that. To be honest, I don't think we'll ever have a ground bigger than 60k on this site imo.

Not for a long time anyway which is a shame, but the only club ground in the UK which is higher than 61-62k is Old Trafford. This catches us up with/overtakes the rest.

It's a turnaround from having a lower capacity than the likes of Sunderland for 15 years.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #947 on: June 13, 2021, 10:09:52 pm »
But every time you can squeeze in a couple of thousand more fans the noisier and more intimidating anfield becomes, money well spent.

I think a lot of people will disagree with you there. It would cost a hell of a lot of money to do and it would be money better off spent on the squad.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: June 14, 2021, 02:18:52 am »
Used to have a season ticket there (well my dad did) at that time right where all the empty seats are!. Would have been the91/92 season when the double decker was being added I think?

Yeah,same year we played Genoa.I hadn't seen any of the building until I saw it that night,brings back memories.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #949 on: June 14, 2021, 06:36:46 am »
You can see how close the houses were top image and you can just make out the Mason sisters house left standing on its own on the bottom one (1989)

I love the outside look of the old Kop. Bending around and filling in the corners. Wild how close those houses were when you look now.

Alan's photos of the Kemlyn above reminded me that it must have been like that on my first trip to Anfield. I'd forgotten that. Funny how your memory adapts to the new reality.

Can't wait for the Anny to get done and visit again. It is going to be LOUD on those European nights.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: June 14, 2021, 07:46:09 am »
Yes, it was Kemlyn Road, the back yards of the houses almost butted up against the Kemlyn, it was sisters who lived in the last house left. This is it getting built in 1963

The wierd shape of the roof must have been to allow daylight into the backs of the houses.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #951 on: June 14, 2021, 10:23:03 am »
There are lads in Anfield side streets asking ''mind your pushchair, mate?'' on match days too.  :o

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: June 14, 2021, 11:41:33 am »

Safe standing will at some time come in, that might put the capacity up, doubt it'd stay 1:1 for ever.

Not sure it'll make the atmosphere better, but it'll give everyone a choice.

Separate thread though, so I won't bang on about it.

But I think it'd be on topic to ask  the likes of Alan, if the design of new stand is suitable for a potential future safe standing section?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:50:38 am by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: June 14, 2021, 11:50:00 am »
This Guy is doing  updates on the Anfield Road development every Monday on his Youtube channel.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ubgpB8IANdQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ubgpB8IANdQ</a>

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #954 on: June 14, 2021, 11:50:44 am »
Is this a new vid or the super informative first one again?  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: June 14, 2021, 11:52:20 am »
I think a lot of people will disagree with you there. It would cost a hell of a lot of money to do and it would be money better off spent on the squad.

Yeah. Unless it can be built into our plans in a cost-effective manner there's no sense to it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #956 on: June 14, 2021, 11:52:34 am »
It's the super informative first one again. I still can't get passed him saying the roof is going to come off in a few weeks.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: June 14, 2021, 11:54:37 am »
The wierd shape of the roof must have been to allow daylight into the backs of the houses.

Would the club and planning regulations have been that conscientious back then,  Alan?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: June 14, 2021, 12:32:00 pm »
Would the club and planning regulations have been that conscientious back then,  Alan?

It's nothing to do with being conscientious. Basic Rights of Light legislation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #959 on: June 14, 2021, 12:40:16 pm »
It's the super informative first one again. I still can't get passed him saying the roof is going to come off in a few weeks.

VIDEO 2 IS UP!!!!!

I feel fucking seasick after watching it though.