Author Topic: Shoulder and Neck ache  (Read 1277 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Shoulder and Neck ache
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:17:54 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this but thought this forum would be best?

Anyway

for the last 2 months or so, i've been suffering with neck and shoulder ache, and it's starting to affect my sleep, it doesn't matter which side i lie on i still get a pain in my neck, and when i'm not in bed its an ache in my shoulder, kinda like having a dead arm but in my shoulder, it's not a massive massive pain but it's really uncomfortable and i just want it to go away

I can't even lie on my front on a sun lounger because my shoulder just hurts too much

Any suggestions on what it could be? someone in work said it could be a trapped nerve and thats what's causing the "Dead arm" like symptoms in the shoulder?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Shoulder and Neck ache
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:37:49 am »
Most likely a trapped nerve. Where who knows, but the Brachial Plexus runs through the shoulder, so it could be there, in the neck, or a damaged rotator cuff.

Try getting yourself a cervical pillow, sleep on a harder surface, and try to correct your posture. Looking at mobile phones and computer screens is a big cause of that.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 08:02:46 am »
What type of work do you do, is it desk based?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 10:03:54 am »
I have been having the same problem for months.  Seems like a trapped nerve in my C7 area on my spine/trapezius, i dont know. I used to get a pain in my tricep when i bent my head down. Last week it has gotten worse and painful to look down. I sit at a desk all day which does not help. I try to do stretches also.

Does anyone know if a tens machine may help? Also anyone recommend a good physio in Liverpool/merseyside? Would a chiropractor be worth a visit?

Thanks

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:34 pm »
I have chronic myofascial pain syndrome. Trapezius muscle but goes down my arm.

Anyone know of good deep tissue/trigger point massage places in Liverpool?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:08 pm »
Looks like it's come back with a vengeance, last 2 weeks i've been in pain, but on Saturday i woke up crying i was in so much pain and just could not move out of bed for ages, tried doing stretches and so on but it's not getting better, the pain is bottom of my neck/spine and also spreading down the top of my arm

Been looking at going private for physio but someone in work mentions a chiropractor maybe?

And also does anyone know if a neck brace would help? something like this perhaps https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Laboratory-Tourmaline-Adjustable-Cervical/dp/B071L3W52F?ref_=Oct_TopRatedC_2826216031_0&pf_rd_p=f0f904f5-0ada-5a91-8dae-d106697a324e&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2826216031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=WFDHR4PP62SFREPSN44R&pf_rd_r=WFDHR4PP62SFREPSN44R&pf_rd_p=f0f904f5-0ada-5a91-8dae-d106697a324e