Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 101842 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #360 on: February 4, 2021, 04:47:10 pm »
Firestick TV Lite is £29.99 same as XIAOMI I think, the 4K one is £49.99. Two of my daughters have the lite and they are sound, I don't have a 4K TV but have a 4K firestick, not sure its worth £20 more for the 4K. You get the ability to control the TV volume and that's all the 4K seems to offer over the lite, maybe a bit faster I've heard but not particularly noticed.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2021, 03:25:11 pm »
4k stick is currently £34.99 or £36.99 with 3 months Prime,amazing prices.

If any of you are tempted but aren't confident with tech I will talk you through loading it up with all you need (it's real easy to do).

It's the best price it has ever been so jump on it as I don't know how long it will last.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2021, 08:37:04 pm »
 :duh

If any of you are tempted but aren't confident with tech I will talk you through loading it up with all you need (it's real easy to do).

It's the best price it has ever been so jump on it as I don't know how long it will last.
whats the best live sports app atm. Mob dro has left me high and dry. :butt
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2021, 08:55:26 pm »
best and cheapest vpn to access bbc and itv from ireland??

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2021, 09:05:00 am »

Don't think it's the cheapest but ExpressVPN is boss and to me is basically the standard to beat, different choices of where you connect to, even within the same country

Essential for IPTV on my firestick

PS. Install Blokada  :D

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2021, 01:40:41 pm »

Surfshark is cheap and works well for everything I need it for.

Don't get Pure, it's really cheap usually and worked OK with the likes of iPlayer but stopped working at all for me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2021, 07:44:31 pm »
:duhwhats the best live sports app atm. Mob dro has left me high and dry. :butt

Not idea as I've not used the free ones for years now,Livenet & tvtap weren't blocking like mobdro during the footy.

Have a look here and test them out during a PL game.

https://apktime.com/

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2021, 08:26:55 pm »
lads, have a new philips tv and fire stick. Both work great. The remotes are doing my head in. If I use the fire stick for a while the tv remote stops working, so I can't return to the actual tv menu. Then the only thing I can do with the fire stick remote is go home, no volume etc..

I have to unplug tv and take batteries out of remote, then the tv remote works for a while, then as soon as I use the fire stick, same thing happens??

Any help??

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2021, 08:45:12 pm »
lads, have a new philips tv and fire stick. Both work great. The remotes are doing my head in. If I use the fire stick for a while the tv remote stops working, so I can't return to the actual tv menu. Then the only thing I can do with the fire stick remote is go home, no volume etc..

I have to unplug tv and take batteries out of remote, then the tv remote works for a while, then as soon as I use the fire stick, same thing happens??

Any help??

I think you need to pair your fire remote with the tv in Equipment control (I'm probably misreading your post though lol),if you already have it paired then maybe that's the reason your tv remote stops working,in that case unpair it and try again and if you still get the same problem sack off using the stick remote to control the tv.

If all else fails then drop your tv down the stairs ad get a Sony  :lickin

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2021, 10:16:18 pm »
turned off easy link and it's ok. Thanks Mr Angels (basterdo) :-)

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2021, 12:09:38 am »

What can you do with a Firestick? Watch footy?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2021, 12:18:57 am »

Yeah.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 12:21:06 am by WhereAngelsPlay »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2021, 10:30:18 am »

If you were so inclined there are ways to stream basically any movie or series for nothing, on demand.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:14 am »

Watch anything you want. I don't use anything except a Firestick bar the odd match on the BT Sport app on the TV when I can't be arsed going upstairs to get the Firestick
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2021, 11:22:27 am »
Watch anything you want. I don't use anything except a Firestick bar the odd match on the BT Sport app on the TV when I can't be arsed going upstairs to get the Firestick

BT Sport app on the Firestick is great. Logged in using my Dad’s BT account and watch all our matches on there.

Just wish Sky would put Sky Go on there. Have tried and tried and tried to side load it but no luck.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2021, 11:43:28 am »
If you were so inclined there are ways to stream basically any movie or series for nothing, on demand.

And most tv channels from around the globe (all UK and US ones).

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2021, 01:39:10 pm »
BT Sport app on the Firestick is great. Logged in using my Dad’s BT account and watch all our matches on there.

Just wish Sky would put Sky Go on there. Have tried and tried and tried to side load it but no luck.
Yeah it's bollocks they want you to buy the nowtv stick

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2021, 08:49:58 pm »
If I cancel sky, is a fire stick worth getting? Can you pause or record programmes on it?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2021, 08:58:01 pm »
If I cancel sky, is a fire stick worth getting? Can you pause or record programmes on it?

You can't pause or record,if you want to do that then you will need to get a decent Android box,all the iptv apps have a record feature.

I've never bothered because the few boxes I've had have never lasted long to be honest and a stick with a couple of iptv subs and a Real Debrid account is all I've ever needed & our games are easy to download off the web.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2021, 09:01:16 pm »
I've literally got no idea what I am doing. Just bored of getting fleeced by sky. The only reason the wife can think to keep it is because she can record and pause TV. I'd be happy with Freeview if I can find something decent to pause and record TV.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2021, 09:32:09 pm »

I've literally got no idea what I am doing. Just bored of getting fleeced by sky. The only reason the wife can think to keep it is because she can record and pause TV. I'd be happy with Freeview if I can find something decent to pause and record TV.

If you have a sky+ box and have had it for more than 1 contract then you own it & can still use it for the freeview channels.

If you really want the iptv to work like your sky+ then you just have to buy a good quality box,there are lots about but the Navidia Shield (almost £200 new) gets the most love and you can attach an expandable HD up to 14tb,I'd go for a 1tb ssd myself,it also upscales 1080p to 4k,everything live has just a minute or two delay.

The adding of the iptv apps and sub to the apps couldn't be easier,same with the vod apps that let you watch stuff that has aired anywhere on the planet (so long as it has an uploader) minutes after things have finished airing & things that get put on the networks sites before they air.

I'm about to settle down and watch tonights American Gods & it doesn't air on Starz proper until 1am.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:34:27 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2021, 09:35:16 pm »

If you have a sky+ box and have had it for more than 1 contract then you own it & can still use it for the freeview channels.

If you really want the iptv to work like your sky+ then you just have to buy a good quality box,there are lots about but the Navidia Shield (almost £200 new) gets the most love and you can attach an expandable HD up to 14tb,I'd go for a 1tb ssd myself,it also upscales 1080p to 4k,everything live has just a minute or two delay.

The adding of the iptv apps and sub to the apps couldn't be easier,same with the vod apps that let you watch stuff that has aired anywhere on the planet (so long as it has an uploader) minutes after things have finished airing & things that get put on the networks sites before they air.

I'm about to settle down and watch tonights American Gods & it doesn't air on Starz proper until 1am.

Thanks
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2021, 10:57:06 pm »
Thanks

No worries,forgot that if you bought it from very you can get 20% off your first order if you sign up for a credit account,you can then pay it off straight away or over 3 monthly payments.

Just make sure that you do or you get hit with interest.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2021, 12:43:25 pm »
Noticed on my Smart TV that Netflix streams appear to be “smoother” when watching through the native TV app rather than through the Netflix Fire TV app. Is there a reason for this? Frame rate settings or something?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2021, 07:48:32 am »
I hate the new Layout of the Firestick

So installed Wolf Launcher, so much better just showing the Apps I use and choose not to hide all the Amazon stuff is hidden

https://troypoint.com/wolf-launcher/
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2021, 02:43:38 pm »

The Shield definitely gets my vote! It's a brilliant little box! I've had mine for just under 4 years maybe and it's still works the same as it did the first day! The only downside to mine is I have the older version (I didn't see the point in upgrading looking at the new specs) so I have the remote where the volume is a little touch sensitive slider and it can be a bit annoying at times but the box itself is definitely worth the money.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2021, 07:32:00 pm »
I hate the new Layout of the Firestick

So installed Wolf Launcher, so much better just showing the Apps I use and choose not to hide all the Amazon stuff is hidden

https://troypoint.com/wolf-launcher/

I quite like it but then I always open my apps from inside the app manager so that I can clear the cache when I close my apps.

You can get to your app list and most recently used with two press left & select,it looks exactly the same as your launcher and the new UI also freed up a bit of memory.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2021, 10:21:46 pm »
Do any of the devices have 4k channels? Our kid got a handy looking app installed on one of them and it's a great looking guide on it. I noticed there were 4k channels but I'm not sure if they'll work or not as he doesn't have a 4k tv.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2021, 11:34:45 pm »
Do any of the devices have 4k channels? Our kid got a handy looking app installed on one of them and it's a great looking guide on it. I noticed there were 4k channels but I'm not sure if they'll work or not as he doesn't have a 4k tv.

They will work,he would just get the best that the screen can produce.

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2021, 07:28:08 pm »

Get a Humax PVR Freesat or FreeView box,. lot's on amazon and the modern ones have streaming to other devices at the same time etc. We have been Sky/VM free for nearly 4 years now and have not missed it.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2021, 07:41:55 pm »
Anyone constantly experience BBC iPlayer buffering and then crashing their Firestick?

Has happened on two different sticks now, thought it was because other other was fairly old but got one of the new ones and still does it. Great internet connection and no problem streaming on any other apps.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2021, 11:46:09 am »
firestick 4k is a massive upgrade from the lite and 1st generation....best thing ever.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2021, 03:25:51 pm »
I have the 1st gen, tempted to get the 4k in the Prime Day sale today.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2021, 03:31:58 pm »
its so much more responsive. the 1st gen, i thought the batteries were dead all the time, but it was just the slowness of the stick.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2021, 03:40:51 pm »
Anyone with a 4k Fire TV stick ever experience sound drops every now and then? It’s definitely not my sound bar as it’s been doing it on two different sound bars. Doesn’t do it on my PS5 so it’s got to be the Fire stick. Basically, every hour or so the sound on whatever I’m watching will cut out for about a second.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2021, 03:46:45 pm »
its so much more responsive. the 1st gen, i thought the batteries were dead all the time, but it was just the slowness of the stick.

Twice in the last 6 months now my 1st gen has just decided it's had enough and frozen so I've had to do a factory rest and then add all my apps back to it again. Was thinking I'd wait for a Prime event and upgrade so think I will bite the bullet.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2021, 03:51:52 pm »
cant say ive witnessed that gray. when connecting to a new device i used to have a problem when i had set the sound output to dolby digital plus or something like that, setting to "best available" helped with older sets.

is the ps5 connected by wire or wireless? sometimes performance can be hindered on wireless...?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 1, 2021, 12:55:10 pm »
Using Live Net TV app on 4K stick.
Every time I open this app it has an update 4.8.6 so I install, open and carry on. Now this happens every time I first open the app, can I turn this update off ?
It still works OK but I have to go through the install every time. I was going to go for the uninstall/re-install but thought there may be a better fix and since Mobdro went its my only app for sport now, crap as it is.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: July 1, 2021, 01:30:46 pm »
Using Live Net TV app on 4K stick.
Every time I open this app it has an update 4.8.6 so I install, open and carry on. Now this happens every time I first open the app, can I turn this update off ?
It still works OK but I have to go through the install every time. I was going to go for the uninstall/re-install but thought there may be a better fix and since Mobdro went its my only app for sport now, crap as it is.

Try clearing the App's data...

Go to Settings on your Fire TV.
Select Applications.
In Manage Installed Applications, select Live Net TV
Select Clear Cache, and then Clear Data.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: July 1, 2021, 02:00:19 pm »
Sorry should have said but I tried the normal stuff, I'll just live with it. Watching the cricket now and its like streaming was 20 years ago, we get spoilt by some of the streams online now which are lovely/HD etc.