Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2508680 times)

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:17 am »
Now work has started to prepare the site, this is designed to be a picturebook type thread not a chat.

try and credit the original photos and the source...

Carillion Construction has been selected as the preferred bidder for the Main Stand expansion:

https://bdaily.co.uk/business-in-sport/02-07-2014/carillion-comes-out-on-top-for-liverpool-football-clubs-75-million-anfield-stadium-revamp/?

Carillion has been appointed preferred bidder for Liverpool Football Club’s Main Stand Expansion and the associated public realm improvements, estimated to be worth in the region of £75 million.

Carillion has been selected as the preferred bidder to expand Liverpool Football Club’s Main Stand and the associated public realm improvements.

Work on the project is expected to start later in 2014, subject to planning consent. It is expected to take approximately 20 months to complete and the construction costs are likely to be in the region of £75 million.

If planning permission is granted, the proposals would see the capacity of a new Main Stand rise by approximately 8,300, taking the overall capacity of Anfield to around 54,000.

Carillion will deliver the proposed project through an innovative programme that will mitigate the impact of the construction work by maintaining as much as possible of the existing main stand in operational use throughout the contract.   

Carillion is the leading trainer of apprentices in its sector and on this contract Carillion has committed to provide placements for at least 50 apprentices.

Commenting, Carillion chief executive, Richard Howson, said: "I believe that being selected for this prestigious project reflects Carillion’s reputation for high standards of quality, Health and Safety and sustainability.  We look forward to working closely with Liverpool Football Club to create new world-class facilities at its famous Anfield Stadium."

Demolition work on Lothair Road

credit @DCSLFC on twitter

credit Liverpool Echo

credit @Redrazor20 on twitter

credit steve__graves on instagram

credit to Ray Hughes @Redrazor20 on twitter

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:35:17 am by MikeD »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:31:25 am »
That top picture isn't the final design, think its one of the Stage C designs (different roof).

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:48:32 pm »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:37:53 pm »
What's the likelihood they'll somehow get rid of that massive post in the Main Stand and replace it with something slightly more subtle?

I don't really know anything about construction to know whether there's some sort of new means to stabilize a structure like a stadium without having posts supporting it.
YNWA.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »
What's the likelihood they'll somehow get rid of that massive post in the Main Stand and replace it with something slightly more subtle?

I don't really know anything about construction to know whether there's some sort of new means to stabilize a structure like a stadium without having posts supporting it.
It will be free standing.  The posts support the roof.

The roof is going and will be replaced by a roof covering the new stand

If you look at the images at the top of the page, you can see the giant scaffold type structure above the roof which it will (in effect) hang from.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 05:26:27 pm »

all the posts are going in both the main stand and anfield road lower
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 08:01:40 pm »
It will be free standing.  The posts support the roof.

The roof is going and will be replaced by a roof covering the new stand

If you look at the images at the top of the page, you can see the giant scaffold type structure above the roof which it will (in effect) hang from.

ah awesome, didn't notice that in the design. Finally!
YNWA.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:10 pm »
Posting just so I get updates when there are new posts. Apologies ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 11:56:34 pm »
Posting just so I get updates when there are new posts. Apologies ;D

Me too! Please ignore.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:19 pm »

credit @shawofit on twitter

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »
There have been some truly shocking choices of paint being unveiled in some of the rooms in the houses.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 02:12:21 pm »
There have been some truly shocking choices of paint being unveiled in some of the rooms in the houses.

I was thinking the same.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 06:38:34 pm »

Mondrian thing going on in that last one :D

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 05:01:45 am »
That top picture isn't the final design, think its one of the Stage C designs (different roof).

I thought it was all finalised, drawn and approved!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 09:20:13 am »
I thought it was all finalised, drawn and approved!

It is but that's from an earlier stage in the design process.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 06:01:35 pm »
Yesterday (19TH)

credit to Ray Hughes @Redrazor on Twitter

Link : https://twitter.com/Redrazor20/status/490824581759135744/photo/1

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 02:05:12 am »
Can't wait for this to become a reality. Still think they should move the new main stand over more and it would then allow the Kop to be expanded in the future.

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:15 am »
Can't wait for this to become a reality. Still think they should move the new main stand over more and it would then allow the Kop to be expanded in the future.
if I'm thinking right they can't do this.........the bottom tier of the new stand is the current tier in place for the Main stand. If they were to move that it would cost far more, would have to reduce capacity while building was going on and might as well the whole thing down and start from scratch.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:30 am »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The bottom tier of the Main Stand stays in place. If you moved it back you'd have to demolish the lower tier and all the retained facilities. It would also mean moving the pitch, which would reduce visibility of the pitch from some parts of the Anfield Road and Kop, and possibly from the Upper Centenary. You'd need to demolish the structure that holds up the Kop roof. It would also mean buying up another street of houses...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 11:56:23 am »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The bottom tier of the Main Stand stays in place.

I didn't realise that was the case. Will be disappointing with the Anfield road stand being bigger than the Kop then imo

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 12:46:12 pm »
I didn't realise that was the case. Will be disappointing with the Anfield road stand being bigger than the Kop then imo

The Kop is a completely different animal. It's not the biggest stand at the moment (the Centenary is higher and the Main Stand has almost as large a capacity). It's the long slope of the single tier that gives it it's character, not the total capacity or the height of the roof.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 11:13:20 am »
Wonder if any of the demo guys and girls have found some lost heirlooms in the old houses?  Would they just be handed into the police?

One thing that does stand out to me with the stadium seeing it more open like that; just how grey it is.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:26 pm »
Wonder if any of the demo guys and girls have found some lost heirlooms in the old houses?  Would they just be handed into the police?

One thing that does stand out to me with the stadium seeing it more open like that; just how grey it is.

Looks more like a factory than a stadium

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »
Looks more like a factory than a stadium

I imagine about 90% of the stadiums in the UK look just like the Main Stand with all the grey metal.

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 10:51:24 am »

@thisisanfield on twitter

@mattladson on twitter
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:49:01 am by MikeD »

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:52 am »
Great thread this, and while it is obviously a very exciting time which has been a long time in coming, it's also quite sad.

A lot of memories being taken down there, the old main stand car park where I waited so many years ago waiting for a glimpse of Kenny or Sir Bob and the very last of the old houses which formed part of the path en route to the old Kop!

Still, onward and upward!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
Is that first pic what the final stadium is supposed to look like then?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 11:41:16 am »
Is that first pic what the final stadium is supposed to look like then?

More like the second one. The first was an earlier design and has a more elaborate roof and a few other touches.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 03:11:27 pm »
I was dying to see a poster of Big Dunc on one of those bedroom walls.

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:45 pm »
Great thread this, and while it is obviously a very exciting time which has been a long time in coming, it's also quite sad.

A lot of memories being taken down there, the old main stand car park where I waited so many years ago waiting for a glimpse of Kenny or Sir Bob and the very last of the old houses which formed part of the path en route to the old Kop!

Still, onward and upward!
You're right, it is sad. No 16 was the first house I ever lived in. Will be gutted to see that bulldozed. However, the stadium will be even more special than it is now, once it's all done.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 04:30:01 am »
This is an interesting image of 'Phase 6' of the construction. Does anyone have other images of other stages (however many there are) with expected dates? It would be interesting to see what the intended progression is.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 06:32:40 am »
That image and wider discussions are in the planning thread. Could we keep this for progress news and pics? Thanks

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 02:30:33 pm »
That image and wider discussions are in the planning thread. Could we keep this for progress news and pics? Thanks

It would be nice to have a picture of the proposed end product at the top though. The current one is apparently not it?

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 02:22:41 pm »
It would be nice to have a picture of the proposed end product at the top though. The current one is apparently not it?

Its been edited today with the correct pic.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 10:41:43 am »
Go raibh maith agat.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:24 am »
"Just one house remaining today (26th) to complete demolition of houses behind Main Stand at Anfield "

credit to Ray Hughes @Redrazor20 on Twitter

Link : https://twitter.com/Redrazor20/status/493126482164998144/photo/1

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 02:26:19 am »
"Some hoardings about to be erected for next phase of demolition. All systems go at Anfield. Finally it's happening! "

Credit to Ray Hughes @Redrazor20 on Twitter

Link : https://twitter.com/Redrazor20/status/493133125338550273/photo/1

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:29 am »
Is'nt there what looks like a small block of flats right on the corner of lothair road and anfield road?So the next phase is to take out the next 2 rows of houses behind whats just been demolished?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 11:27:59 am »
Is'nt there what looks like a small block of flats right on the corner of lothair road and anfield road?So the next phase is to take out the next 2 rows of houses behind whats just been demolished?

Pretty certain everything down that end of Lothair is derelict, so it'll all be going now presumably. Looking at where the hoardings are going up they'll be making a start of the demolition of the one side of Alroy  and the end of Rockfield Rd pretty soon.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:18 am »
"Official notice posted today 28th for next phase of demolition surrounding Anfield"

Anfield Road

Credit to Ray Hughes @Redrazor20 on Twitter

Link : https://twitter.com/Redrazor20/status/493847011809296385/photo/1