Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607033 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #25400 on: June 22, 2021, 03:25:55 pm »
What is Levy up to? He seems to have been lounging around all summer.

Well he does seem to enjoy the thrill of a late signing so maybe he's taking it to the next level with appointing a new manager. Or Paratici has exhausted his prospective hires from Serie A

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25401 on: June 22, 2021, 03:27:11 pm »
I guess no news is good pews for Spurs fans right now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25402 on: June 22, 2021, 03:39:04 pm »
They should just stop fucking about and appoint Ten Hag or Parker
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25403 on: June 22, 2021, 03:56:36 pm »

Or Mike Oxard...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25404 on: June 22, 2021, 04:02:20 pm »

Peter Parker? He’s got a night job. No time for this manager lark

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25405 on: June 22, 2021, 04:04:07 pm »
Amazon must feel pretty stupid not to have renewed All or Nothing for a second series
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25406 on: June 22, 2021, 04:08:33 pm »
Amazon must feel pretty stupid not to have renewed All or Nothing for a second series

Nothing or Nothing, Part Deux...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25407 on: June 22, 2021, 04:50:05 pm »
Ernesto Valverde in the mix now according to Romano via Talkshite

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #25408 on: June 22, 2021, 04:51:07 pm »

All or Nothing: But Mostly Nothing

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25409 on: June 22, 2021, 04:53:06 pm »
This is one of those weird situations where we all know Levy wants to be the manager too - but can’t. At this point it seems like he’s looking for anyone that will say all the things he wants to hear.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25410 on: June 22, 2021, 04:58:26 pm »
Wonder if they plan to go for Martinez or Mancini at this point, so it’ll be another couple weekes before anything is fixed?

It’s an absolute soap opera whatever ends up happening.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25411 on: June 22, 2021, 05:05:01 pm »
All or Nothing: But Mostly Nothing

"No likey, no lighty!"

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25412 on: June 22, 2021, 05:19:58 pm »
Ernesto Valverde in the mix now according to Romano via Talkshite
They’ve now well and truly forgotten the fiasco that was Juande Ramos
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25413 on: June 22, 2021, 05:23:43 pm »
Potter, or Rodgers, and give them ample time to build a squad and create an identity as a team and a club, chopping and changing managers of completely different styles just does not work, having said that I doubt Brendy would work with a sporting director.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25414 on: June 22, 2021, 06:19:22 pm »
They’ve now well and truly forgotten the fiasco that was Juande Ramos

It's a weird situation for Spurs, because on the one hand they really need to get the next appointment right. Kane almost certainly will be leaving. The stadium debt is going to be a millstone round their neck for probably the next decade. They need someone who will keep them competitive and work with arguably limited resources.

And yet on the other hand, there's a good chance that whoever they bring in now will be sacked within 12-18 months. They've gone from pushing "the Spurs DNA" and talking about how they get Nagelsmann, Rodgers, Flick, ten Hag or bring Pochettino back. Then they went full-on trying to get Conte. Then they moved on to Fonseca and ditched him the second the object of Paratici's desire became suddenly available (Gattuso), only to have to change tack when the fanbase turned against it.

They've gone from attack-minded managers to defensive ones. Their current shortlist apparently has everyone from on the tactical spectrum from Valverde to Nuno and they've reportedly gone back to discussing Rangnick and ten Hag again, even though the former seems an ill-fit with Levy's short-termist ways and the latter has signed a new deal with Ajax.

At this stage, they might as just pull the trigger on someone who is available with no strings attached, who is a big enough name to appeal to prospective signings, but won't cause a major fuss, because let's face it they likely won't be there in two years time. Perhaps by that time they at least might have a cohesive idea of how they want to play and go about recruiting accordingly.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25415 on: June 22, 2021, 07:34:28 pm »
At this stage, they might as just pull the trigger on someone who is available with no strings attached, who is a big enough name to appeal to prospective signings, but won't cause a major fuss, because let's face it they likely won't be there in two years time. Perhaps by that time they at least might have a cohesive idea of how they want to play and go about recruiting accordingly.
Are you thinking of someone who's methods translate?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25416 on: June 22, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »
With a suspected limited transfer budget they need a wheeler dealer, bring back Harry Redknapp 😁

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25417 on: June 22, 2021, 08:25:30 pm »
With a suspected limited transfer budget they need a wheeler dealer, bring back Harry Redknapp 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfJw9Mwz1Q0
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25419 on: June 22, 2021, 08:49:20 pm »

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #25420 on: June 22, 2021, 09:23:43 pm »

Never really got into Star Trek, but loved Boston Legal.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25421 on: June 22, 2021, 10:10:25 pm »
Kane playing like he doesn’t want to get injured and miss out on a big move

Passenger

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25422 on: June 23, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »
Kane playing like he doesn’t want to get injured and miss out on a big move

Passenger

It's best for Spurs if they sell Kane and rebuild.

They could get 2 top quality players to replace him and be better for it. Hopefully Levy digs his heels in and doesn't allow him to go.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25423 on: June 23, 2021, 12:38:47 pm »
Are you thinking of someone who's methods translate?

Who's also got three hundred years worth of managerial experience?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25424 on: June 23, 2021, 03:11:43 pm »
BBC saying offer turned down for Lopetegui.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1407700785518022659

They've had a 'dizzying' offer for Sevilla manager Julen Lopetegui turned down, according to the La Liga club's president Jose Castro

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25425 on: June 23, 2021, 03:15:24 pm »
This is a lesson in sounding out prospective candidates before sacking an incumbent.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #25426 on: June 23, 2021, 03:16:33 pm »
Give it to Lamps  :-*

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25427 on: June 23, 2021, 03:16:35 pm »
This is a lesson in sounding out prospective candidates before sacking an incumbent.

If this all Levy?  Is he such a bellend he's struggling to get anyone?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25428 on: June 23, 2021, 03:18:27 pm »
Those Gerrard shouts aren't far off now.  :D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25429 on: June 23, 2021, 03:24:11 pm »

Often about timing with getting new mangers or coaches. So the timing may not have been great. But the ‘high end’ coaches who may have been available (like Nagelsmann for instance), would likely see a club who’s really good team of past few seasons was breaking up, either players leaving, or players getting older. The window of opportunity has gone for that team they had under Pochettino, so that means a lot of changes.  So it’s not an attractive job for such coaches, especially with a club saddled with a huge stadium debt, at time when a lot of clubs may be being extra careful financially.

Like Rafa said above, they needed to be sure of who it was they where after a long time ago.   

I honestly think Rafa Benitez would be a far better bet for them than some of the names being thrown around, or maybe Lucien Favre who’s been talking to Palace appaently. And yet again, throw that name out - Graham Potter.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25430 on: June 23, 2021, 03:26:37 pm »

Sacking Mourinho without a replacement or at the very least a sound plan is on Levy.

Paratici probably deserves a significant portion of the blame over the current situation by dumping Fonseca once Gattuso was available. If they've got down to Lopetegui, it probably means some of the earlier candidates (ten Hag, Rangnick) aren't coming. It also likely indicates that few candidates actually find this job to be particularly appealing

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #25431 on: June 23, 2021, 03:46:28 pm »
BBC now running with the Lopetegui story, describing their rejected offer as 'dizzying.' They need a reality check - they've now approached what, 7 managers? (Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Pochettino, Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso, Lopetegui) Crazy. They need to identify a young, hungry coach, where they want a challenge and a rebuild with the chance to put their own stamp on it. Pay them a good wage and go for someone who wouldn't say no compared to their current position.

It sounds crazy, but they're nearing appointments such as Benitez and maybe even Stevie at this stage. I've never seen such a pathetic, protracted managerial pursuit in my whole life. Bobby Martinez mustn't have wowed Levy given he's not been properly approached but all of the above have.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25432 on: June 23, 2021, 04:27:11 pm »
The way they dumped Fonseca was terrible.  Just shows how much of a joke they have become.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #25433 on: June 23, 2021, 04:34:39 pm »
The way they dumped Fonseca was terrible.  Just shows how much of a joke they have become.
They probably don't even have the option to go back to him now, and have failed with two additional approaches in the meantime.

It's an actual travesty at the moment. I'd be beyond flabbergasted if I were a Spurs fan, this public circus flying round whilst the star man wants to leave, the stadium is still to be paid for and they're coming off the back of a massively deflating season.

Spurs fans seem to be vehemently against Potter, which puzzles me. Brighton fans don't seem massively keen on him either.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:36:26 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25434 on: June 23, 2021, 04:59:23 pm »
At this speed, even Big Sam will turn them down

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25435 on: June 23, 2021, 05:05:49 pm »
Should have gave it to Scotty Parker while they had the chance.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25436 on: June 23, 2021, 05:15:02 pm »
Apparently all of the prospective candidates have been asked "Would you still start your first choice centre forward in a major game if he'd been crocked for weeks and was only about 30% fit?"

They've all answered "Of fucking course not" so far which hasn't gone down well.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25437 on: June 23, 2021, 07:04:54 pm »
Apparently all of the prospective candidates have been asked "Would you still start your first choice centre forward in a major game if he'd been crocked for weeks and was only about 30% fit?"

They've all answered "Of fucking course not" so far which hasn't gone down well.
Whether to start Harry Kane in major games is not going to be an issue for the new manager. There's going to be no Harry Kane, and no major games.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25438 on: June 23, 2021, 07:17:58 pm »
BBC now running with the Lopetegui story, describing their rejected offer as 'dizzying.' They need a reality check - they've now approached what, 7 managers? (Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Pochettino, Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso, Lopetegui) Crazy. They need to identify a young, hungry coach, where they want a challenge and a rebuild with the chance to put their own stamp on it. Pay them a good wage and go for someone who wouldn't say no compared to their current position.

It sounds crazy, but they're nearing appointments such as Benitez and maybe even Stevie at this stage. I've never seen such a pathetic, protracted managerial pursuit in my whole life. Bobby Martinez mustn't have wowed Levy given he's not been properly approached but all of the above have.

Yep, me too. Everton's is pretty bad as well but they've been completely overshadowed by Tottenham.

What happens when there's no plan in place. I thought it was the wrong decision when they got rid of Pochettino but I can kind of understand why. Hiring Mourinho on the other hand, that was nothing other than Levy thinking 'look who I've hired' and 'he guarantees trophies' - most people could have seen that would go wrong except him and from the sounds of it, some Tottenham fans. Now they're left scrambling around looking for someone, anyone, without a thought of what they actually want from a Tottenham manager.

It's comical from our perspective, a little bit moreso after some Tottenham fans crowing about their team/club/stadium over the past few years.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25439 on: June 23, 2021, 09:01:42 pm »

It's comical from our perspective, a little bit moreso after some Tottenham fans crowing about their team/club/stadium over the past few years.

After years of us struggling under Rafa, Owl, Kenny and Rodgers, where they were finishing above us, it gives me a great deal of pleasure to see how decisively we have leapfrogged them to win big silverware.

The only reason their shambolic managerial farce gets more attention than Everton's is because they're just a more media hyped club who have Sir Harry of Kane.  Truth is there's not a lot to choose from between the running of the two clubs right now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art